Chapter 6: Making it Happen Part 3

Perfect for Me

The next day…

            “Mr. Kim, can we meet up? I need your help!”

            As soon as I heard the message left by Siwon, I felt a bit panicked. Were there problems arising everywhere?!

            “So what did you call me out for?” I arrived at the cafe where we’d agreed to meet. I sat down and was instantly greeted by a waiter.

            “What may I serve you with, mister?”

            “Jasmine tea please,” I ordered and then met eye contact with Siwon.

            “I spoke to my parents about what I wanted and I told them about Yuri… but instead of listening and approving of my request, my family decided to move the wedding to tomorrow…” He slowly dispensed the details out.

            “So soon?... Wow…” I sipped my tea and cringed. Whoa… that was hot. I placed my cup down and stirred it with a straw.

            “So what are we supposed to do now?!” Siwon seemed panicked, “The wedding is tomorrow and I fear that I won’t be able to get out of this…” He shook his head in disappointment.

            “Maybe you should talk to your fiance. This may be the last possible option to get out of this mess. Just take her to dinner and be frank with her.” I suggested. This was the last possibility to save Siwon and Yuri’s relationship.

<3

            “Siwon oppa!” Sooyoung entered the fancy restaurant. It was a fancy restaurant with a fountain in the center of the room, a nice night view, and a perfect view of Seoul city. Sooyoung loved it so much and was so thrilled that Siwon had invited her out to dinner at a romantic restaurant. This would be a romantic dinner the night before their wedding. Little did she know that Siwon had also invited Yuri to come.

            “I love the night view!!! It’s beautiful.” Sooyoung stared at Siwon with loving eyes, “I hope that it can always be this way… I love you so much Siwon…” She eyed the wineglass that the waiter was pouring wine into. She picked up the wineglass and held it up to Siwon for cheers.

            “Our wedding tomorrow… let’s cancel it.” Siwon refused to meet eye contact with Sooyoung. He felt bad about hurting her but he knew she wasn’t the one for him. If he didn’t act now, this marriage would be an irreversible choice.

            Sooyoung dropped her wineglass. It dropped to the floor and shattered into thousands of pieces. The wine dyed the floor a dark crimson red. Sooyoung was quiet for a second but then she suddenly started to laugh. “Siwon oppa, stop joking! We are getting married tomorrow. You will say ‘I do” when they ask, right?!” Sooyoung stood up.

            “No,” Siwon shook her head, “I can’t. I don’t love you.” He casually sipped his wine, “Marriage is a commitment. You want to find happiness with your other half. If we got married, we wouldn’t be happy. I don’t want to do that to you. Don’t you understand?”

            Sooyoung’s face was wet with tears. She opened to speak but no words came out.

            The attention of all the people in the restaurant was focused on Siwon and Sooyoung. There was soft whispers and long stares, but Siwon didn’t care. He stood up to leave but Sooyoung suddenly hugged Siwon from behind. Siwon felt her wet tears soak into his shirt. He felt bad, but he knew that what he was doing was right.

            All of a sudden Yuri entered the restaurant and noticed all of the attention focused on one setting. Her eyes drifted to the center of the room and she saw Sooyoung hugging Siwon. She had entered from the back so they didn’t see her. She felt a pain in her chest and an urge to cry, but she didn’t. Yuri simply turned around and ran out of the restaurant with tears spilling.