Chapter 64: Tying the Rope Part 3

Perfect for Me

            Yoona walked around frantically. She was feeling nervous and kind of scared. She wasn’t really sure if she should trust me. She was feeling a bit doubtful… Yoona looked at the ring on her finger. She certainly hoped that this ring meant something.

            I looked around the agency. There were balloons and ballers decorating the room. The lights were bright and the place was set up like it usually was because I wanted to make the moment special by recreating the very place we’d first re-met after so many years: the dating agency.

            All the couples who we’d helped were here at the agency. They were so grateful that their beginning had started with this very place. They wanted to help out in any way they could.

            “So how are you going to get her to come over?” Tiffany asked as she passed a banner to Eunhyuk to hang on the wall.

            “Are you going to pick her up and bring her over?” Donghae stood on the opposite side of the room and was organizing the treats and refreshments on my desk with Jessica.

            “Or do you want one of us to bring her over so that it’ll be more of a surprise?” Jessica placed a stack of cups onto the table and glanced over her shoulder at me.

            “I was thinking of calling her and telling her that we had a new customer…” I rubbed my chin wondering if that’d be a good idea. “That customer would be me…”

            “OMG! Great idea!” Seohyun and Kyuhyun walked over hand in hand. They were so close now, always sticking together. They were indeed a perfect couple.

            “I guess I’ll call her now.” I took out my phone.

<3

            Yoona left my place and walked out of the neighborhood. She honestly wasn’t sure where she was going. She wanted to clear her mind and not think about the possibility of me and Jessica together right now. Where could I be? Yoona wanted to call me again to ask, but she didn’t want to be the pushy, annoying girlfriend. She didn’t even know if I was annoyed with her or not.

            As Yoona turned the corner, she heard arguing. Yoona hid behind a car and peeked out to see a couple arguing. Why were they even arguing? Yoona wondered why the world couldn’t be a loving, peaceful place. Everyone should be happy… including herself.

            Yoona peeked at the couple again and saw that it was Siwon and Sooyoung! She watched as Sooyoung got into her car and drove away. Siwon didn’t try to stop her. He just stood behind and banged his fist against the wall.

            Yoona got out of her hiding place behind the car. She had not personally helped this couple. It had been Ryeowook… But Yoona knew about what I’d tried to do for this couple. Yoona wanted to help!

            Yoona walked over to Siwon, “Excuse me? Are you Choi Siwon?”

            Siwon looked up and saw Yoona standing there. He had been crying! Siwon wiped his damp face.

            Yoona reached into her bag and handed him her handkerchief.

            Siwon was hesitant, but eventually took it. He wiped his face dry. “I’m sorry, but do I know you?”

            Yoona smiled at him and bowed her head, “Hi, I’m Im Yoona from the dating agency. I work with Kim Ryeowook. I think you know him, right? He was the one who tried to help you and Yuri-“

            Siwon started to cry again when he heard Yuri’s name. “Yuri!!!” He seemed regretful, like he wished that his life did not turn out this way. He turned and grabbed Yoona’s hands, “Do you know where she is? I want to find her!”

            Yoona was alarmed when he grabbed her hands, “Ummm, why don’t I bring you back to the agency and we’ll see.”