Chapter 44: Trouble

Perfect for Me

            Taeyeon had gone out to lunch with Leeteuk, so that left Yoona and me in the agency. We ordered something to share.

I reached into my pant pocket and pulled out Yoona’s handkerchief and the clip I’d bought for her. I looked over at Yoona who was sitting at her desk typing something on the computer. I stood up and walked over to Yoona. I stood behind her and put one hand on her shoulder. With my other hand, I held out the hanky to Yoona. Wrapped in the hanky was the clip.

            Yoona peered up at me and smiled, “I was wondering where it’d gone!” She took the hanky and felt that something was hidden inside. She opened it and was surprised to find the clip. She smiled and looked at it with loving eyes, “It’s beautiful!” I put my hands on hers’ and took the clip.

            “Here, let me help you put it on.” Yoona turned around and I put the clip into her hair. It looked even more beautiful in Yoona’s hair. I smiled, glad that Yoona liked it.

            Yoona stood up and hugged me, “Thank you, oppa. Saranghae~” Yoona wrapped her arms around me and kissed me as if thanking me for the gift.

 

<3

 

            We closed the agency and walked out into the crisp, cold air. It was still not winter yet, but it felt like winter was near. It hadn’t yet snowed. I thought about how I couldn’t wait until it snowed. Then I’d be able to walk in the snow with Yoona, holding her hand.

            I looked over at Yoona bundled up in her winter coat and noticed that she wasn’t even wearing a scarf. She was probably still very cold! I unwrapped my own scarf from my neck and wrapped it around Yoona’s neck. “Keep yourself warm.”

            Yoona smiled and snuggled into my scarf, feeling the warmth and love. “Thank you, oppa… but wont you be cold?”

            I shook my head, “I’m okay.”

            Yoona and I walked into a cable car shop that had a vending machine. I took out a few coins and bought Yoona a hot drink. I also bought myself one. We stood against each other, keeping each other warm and sipping our drinks.

            “Look at that!” Yoona pointed at the shining stars in the night sky. A shooting star happened to fly by, so Yoona closed her eyes and made a wish, “I hope that me and Ryeowook will always be together forever.”

            I laughed and patted Yoona’s head, “Pabo Yoona,” I said, but of course I also wished the same.

            “Oppa, do you want to ride in the cable car?” Yoona linked my arm and looked up at me. She tilted her head cutely.

            “Sure,” we walked into the cable car shop and got in. When the car started moving, we sat down and watched the night view for a while.

            “This feels so romantic…” Yoona looked up at me and noticed that I was shivering a little. Yoona got up and sat next to me. She unwrapped the scarf and wrapped it around both of us, “Now we can both be warm.” She snuggled into me, “I’ve never felt warmer.”

            I couldn’t help but flush red. What was Yoona doing? She had seemed like the shy type all along, but now she seemed so bold and daring.

            The ride came to an end and we both got up. I wrapped the scarf around Yoona’s neck again, “Remember to bring your scarf next time,” I reminded her.

            “Yes, oppa… but don’t you like it when we snuggle?” Yoona laughed.

            I just smiled at my mischievous Yoona.

            Yoona walked to the door and pulled on the door handle, but it didn’t budge. “Oppa… it won’t open…”

            I went over to where Yoona was and pulled at the door. It wouldn’t budge. Did the people in charge of the cable cars not know that there were people still on it? I looked at Yoona who was breathing the cold air into her gloved hands.

            “It’s not moving,” I hit the door with my hand. We’d be stuck here over-night until the people opened the door tomorrow morning! “I don’t think that anyone will return until tomorrow morning at 8.”

            “Let’s call for help!” Yoona took out her phone and dialed “HELP” but there was no signal. “I don’t have any signal, what about you?”

            I took out my phone and shook my head, “Me neither.”

            “I guess we’re just stuck in here overnight…” Yoona took hold of my hands, “Sorry, oppa. This is all my fault… I wanted to ride the car…” She pouted.

            “It’s okay, Yoona. Don’t worry.” I turned around and walked back to where we’d come from, “We should just stay in the cable car tonight. It’s warmer here.”

            “Okay, oppa.”

            When we got back into the cable car, we sat back down where we had been before. Yoona wrapped the scarf sound me again and we kept close together. “Go to sleep Yoona.” I put her head on my shoulder.