Chapter 42: The Truth

Perfect for Me

            After breakfast, Mrs. Im cleaned the table. Ryeowook picked up his own plates and followed Mrs. Im into the kitchen. “Oh, you don’t need to help me clean up! Why don’t you go sit down and relax?” Mrs. Im was surprised. Ryeowook seemed like such a gentleman! Any previous boys Yoona had dated had never been this polite or helpful.

            “Oh, but I’d want to help you! There are a lot of dishes.” Ryeowook placed some dishes into the sink. From behind Yoona watched. It seemed as if he was also a mother. Yoona picked up her own dish and headed to the kitchen. Ryeowook met her at the door as he was exiting. He moved to the right side to let her get through, but Yoona coincidently also moved to the right side. When Ryeowook moved to the left side to let her get through, she did the same.

            Ryeowook laughed, “Do you want to get through?” He smiled a bright smile, “Here, give that to me.” He took the handful of dishes from Yoona. Their fingertips touched and Yoona felt an electric static between their fingers. Yoona turned around and went back outside to retrieve more dishes. She also didn’t want Ryeowook to see her face bright red.

            Ryeowook went to the sink and began to wash the dishes. Mrs. Im smiled as she watched him. He was such a responsible man… Mrs. Im didn’t care if he was Nathan or Ryeowook… she knew that he was perfect for Yoona!

            When Ryeowook finished washing the dishes, Mrs. Im thanked him, “Thank you so much!”

            Ryeowook smiled, “Don’t worry, it was my pleasure! Thank you for the delicious breakfast!”

            Ryeowook walked out of the kitchen to the front door. “Are you going to work?” Mrs. Im met Ryeowook at the entrance.

            Ryeowook nodded, “Yes.” He looked around, “Where’s Yoona? I can take her to work too.”

            Mrs. Im smiled, “That’d be lovely!” She looked around, “Yoona! Where are you?”

            Yoona stepped out of her room dressed for work. “I’m ready!” She walked over to where Ryeowook and Mrs. Im stood.

            “Have a nice day at work!” Mrs. Im helped Yoona fix her collar. She turned to face Ryeowook, “Feel welcome to come over whenever you want.” Mrs. Im smiled at Yoona and then turned to face Ryeowook again, “Nathan Kim right?”

            Ryeowook nodded. He had a feeling he knew what was coming…

            “What’s your Korean name?” Mrs. Im asked what Ryeowook knew she would, “You do have one right?”

            “Yes I do,” Ryeowook looked over at Yoona who was also paying attention. She had asked before, but she’d never really gotten an answer. “Yoona, Mrs. Im… my Korean name is Kim Ryeowook.” He paused after he made his confession. Would they be shocked?

            Mrs. Im nodded, “I had a feeling.”

Yoona was silent for a while. She already knew this, but why did t come as a shock to her now? She laughed remembering the time when she’d told Nathan about her childhood crush Ryeowook. So Ryeowook already knew how she felt…

Mrs. Im patted Ryeowook on the back. “I watched you grow up, Ryeowook. I’m glad that we are reunited. How is your mother now?”

Ryeowook turned to face Mrs. Im, “She’s in America now. She met someone and they fell in love… so she’ll be getting married soon.”

Mrs. Im smiled, “I’m happy to hear that! She was my best friend when we were children. It was just so unfortunate when your father passed away and your mother moved to America to start over. You were still very young, so you may not remember that much…”

Ryeowook nodded, “I don’t remember much…” he looked at Yoona who was staring at him. “But I do remember playing with Yoona when we were little.”

Yoona looked away from Ryeowook and at her mother.

Mrs. Im sensed that Yoona was feeling a little bit uneasy. “Why don’t you go to work now?”

“Okay, thank you again, Mrs. Im.” Ryeowook shook her hand. Yoona opened the door, “Bye, mom.” They exited Yoona’s house.