Chapter 41: Embarrassment

Perfect for Me

            Yoona opened her eyes. She looked around. She was in her own room! Yoona rubbed her head. Owww… Her head hurted. Did she bump her head or something? Yoona smelled her own breath. Ewww… she stunk! Yoona suddenly remembered what had happened last night. She’d gone out to celebrate with Taeyeon, Leeteuk, and Nathan. And she had gotten drunk and been so foolish… Yoona felt so stupid. She didn’t even remember what had happened. Had she done anything stupid?

            Yoona hopped out of bed and went to the bathroom. She pushed open the door and to her surprise, she saw Nathan inside on the toilet. She got so embarrassed. She had just barged in! When Nathan was on the toilet! Yoona felt so stupid!!! She hurried back to her bedroom and got back into bed. She pulled up the bed covers to cover her bright red embarrassed face. She had just barged into the bathroom while Nathan was on the toilet!!

            Meanwhile, Nathan still sat on the toilet feeling traumatized. Yoona had just seen him on the toilet… with his pants… not on… Ryeowook wanted to stay in the bathroom and just hide there. He didn’t know if he’d ever be able to face Yoona again…

            Ryeowook got up from the toilet and walked like a zombie downstairs. “Good morning Nathan!” Mrs. Im greeted him as she was cooking breakfast. Ryeowook didn’t reply. Mrs. Im frowned. Did he not have any manners?

            Mrs. Im turned off the fire and grabbed Ryeowook by the arm. When she did this, he seemed shocked. “Are you alright?” Mrs. Im asked. She remembered what she’d seen last night and smiled to herself. Maybe that was why he seemed a bit off today…

            Ryeowook came back to his senses. “Oh my, I’m so sorry!” Ryeowook bowed quickly.

            “You seem a bit off today… Are you alright? What happened?” Mrs. Im prompted him for an answer.

            Ryeowook felt embarrassed thinking about what had happened. “Oh, it’s nothing much… I slept well last night. Thank you for letting me stay.”

            Mrs. Im could tell that he was feeding her a bunch of lies. She had seen everything yesterday. He had been awake. He probably hadn’t slept well at all last night.

Yoona came down for breakfast. As she walked down, she awkwardly peeked for Nathan. She felt bad about what she’d done, but also so embarrassed. She wiped off the ashamed look on her face and put on a face with no emotion. “Good morning, mom!” Yoona greeted her mother. She looked over at Nathan. “Good morning, Nathan…”

Ryeowook and Yoona both met eye contact. Ryeowook felt his emotions bubbling inside of him. Yoona also felt her heart thumping.

“Morning,” Ryeowook replied. He sat down.

“Hey, that’s my-“ Yoona noticed that Nathan was in her seat. Mrs. Im tapped on Yoona’s shoulder and she shook her head.

Ryeowook looked up at Yoona, “What?”

“Oh nothing!” Yoona shook her head and sat down in the seat across from him. Mrs. Im sat in between them. Yoona and Ryeowook sat across from each other.

“So how did you sleep last night?” Mrs. Im asked both of them at the same time.

“Fine, mom… I don’t even remember coming home.” Yoona replied.

Mrs. Im laughed, “Of course not! You drank a lot more than you can handle, I’m sure!” Mrs. Im looked over at Ryeowook, “Nathan here brought you home. And since it was too late, I let him stay over.”

“Oh… Was I really that drunk?” Yoona felt silly asking, but she felt kind of bad.

“Oh yes.” Mrs. Im replied. Ryeowook laughed when Mrs. Im said this. Yoona looked up at Ryeowook who was still chuckling.

She felt her face turn pink while she watched him. She looked away. Her heart felt like it was about to burst!