Chapter twenty one

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Ae awaken from her sleep when she felt a slight vibration from her pocket pants. She whined silently when she felt her back sore like being hit. She checked for her phone and it was written a message from Jinyoung. She didn’t read it straight away but she looked over Mark who was still sleeping soundly. He’s condition was getting better than yesterday after he took the medicines.

It was her main thing that she would do before she woke him up every morning like she used to. Observing his sleeping face was enthusiasm for her. She closed her eyes for a few seconds before flicked it open again. She halfly stood up and bend down to his face and within second, she planted a soft kiss on his forehead for the last time. The LAST TIME.

A vibrate once again felt in her grasp and Jinyoung’s name show up. She gave Mark a last goodbye look before she walked out from the room with a heavy heart and tears dropped on her cheek as she closed the door silently.

While her phone constanly vibrates, she finally answered it.

“Do you want me to pick you up?”  Jinyoung asked straight forward, his voice sounded worried.

“No. Just wait me home. I--” her voice hang over when she saw her mother-in-law was looking at her like going to swallow her down.

Hyun Ae’s blood rushed towards her veins as she almost lost her grisp on her phone. She looked at her and she slightly flinched in fear when all she got was killer glares. There’s a tall young lady stood beside her mother-in-law and she was giving her a confuse yet stern look. Lissa was also there and she ran towards Hyun Ae and hugged her tightly.

“Lissa unnie..” a slow and soft voice escaped from her lips but suddenly Lissa was snatched from behind.

Within seconds Hyun Ae was dragged towards the living room and a slap landed on her left cheek.

Her cheek was burning because of the slap as she cupped it.

“Mummy!”

Lissa yelled as a react towards the incident that was unexpected.

“What are you doing here?! I told you to stay away from Mark! Don’t you understand?!” Mrs. Tuan angrily yelled at her while pointing out her index finger at Hyun Ae.

~~

Mark’s opened his eyes abruptly when his ears sensed sound of boisterous. He panickly looked around but he couldn’t Hyun Ae by his side. With a slight pain and dizzy in his head, he tossed the blanket away and forced himself to stand on his feet.

After he gained his balance , he stomped his feet out of the room only to see his mom going to slap Hyun Ae.

“Mummy!”

Everyone in the living room  turned their head in unison towards Mark who was barely standing on his feet. They all shocked to see that he looked kinda weak.

“What is this? What are you doing here?” Mark asked confusedly as he went beside Hyun Ae and held her hand.

He locked his fingers with his wife which cause his mom and Victoria became more upset.

“Lissa..Mummy..what are you guys doing here?” Mark asked again, he knew something had happened.

“Mummy is the one should ask you. What is this girl doing here?!” Mrs.Tuan asked as she shot Hyun Ae a glare.

“Mummy please. Enough. We discuss about this. Hyun Ae is still my wife.” Mark replied with his earnest voice.

“No! She cheated behind you! You’ve to realize that!” Mrs.Tuan still throwing the calumny to make Mark hates Hyun Ae. She didn’t want to accept that Hyun Ae was her daughter-in-law.

Mark startled when the things was bring up back. He almost forget about the cheat thinggy.

“Hyun Ae and Jinyoung were just highschool friends. Stop ruining your children future, Mummy.” Lissa in which made the rest looked at her.

Lissa couldn’t remained silent when she knew the truth of everything. Hyun Ae told her everything about Jinyoung when she was in Cali so she won’t simply believe on the rumors that spread like a wildfire. She didn’t want the same thing that she experienced happened on her younger brother. She wasn’t going to allow it to happen.

“W-what? I don’t understand this. Is it true?” Mark asked Hyun Ae who frozed herself beside him.

Hyun Ae slowly nodded her head and looked into his eyes. Guilty hits him on the face once again when he realized that he’s being unfair all this time. Didn’t give his wife or his bestfriend to explain the truth.

“Eventhough it is all true. You can’t carry on this marriage, Mark Yi-En Tuan! Mummy won’t allow you and don’t forget about the agreement. By the time you’re official an heir of Seven Holdings, you should divorce her!”

Hyun Ae’s eyes widened when she just heard about the agreement. Though she didn’t get what was it about but it’s enough to tear her heart apart. She knew there’s something relate to her. Wasn’t everything enough about the cheat matter and now agreement? What kind of agreement that Mark set behind her back?

“What agreement, Mark?” Hyun Ae finally voiced up after choose to freeze herself for a while.

“Is this mean that you really have the plan to divorce me even before we both married?” she asked again.

The tears cascaded from her eyes when Mark didn’t answer her question at all. She snatched away her hand from Mark which made Mark’s eyes widened in shock. Her heart was bleeding, why must she fall in love with him? Why couldn’t she just hate him after everything he had done? Was herself that cheap for him? As cheap as an agreement to inherit all his grandma’s wealth.

“Am I that cheap?! Don’t I really have a little value in your eyes?” her voice cracked.

Mark shook his head vehemently, he tried to explain but his voice  stuck when heard her sentences. He couldn’t explain how she mean for him , how precious she was.

“It happened before our marriage. I know it’s all my fault but please believe me. You’re more important than the wealth.”  Mark grabbed both of her hands as his eyes began to watery.

He didn’t want to lose her again. Without her by his side, it was awful and it’s torturing himself. He couldn’t cope with everything.

“I know I’m young. I know that I’m only 18 when I became your wife but I tried my best to be a good wife. To me marriage is something that last forever. I know how we both start as. We both are forced into this. No one agree wilingly but still I tried my best, Mark.”

Her tears didn’t stop slipping out as she slowly free her hand from his grasp. He wanted to talk and explained everything but Hyun Ae prevent him.

“Even when your eyes are set only on Victoria I still did my best. Thinking that one day you’ll notice me. I kept what I felt inside.Do you know how hurt I am back then? I’m your wife and that time you treat me like I’m invisible.”

“Hyun Ae, please..”

Hyun Ae forced a chuckle in front of Mark, not letting him to talk even once.

“I thought that time will help. We’ll help each other to work things out.You said it’s yourself you won’t give up on our marriage. But what’s this? An agreement you had behind my back?”

Mark tried to grab hold of her hand but she’s pries it off from his grip backing away a little but from her husband. The fresh tears running down his wife’s cheek, he could see it obviously. He didn’t want to hurt her after all that he’s don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter