Chapter forty one

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 months later..

Flashback..

“Daddy, do you love Umma?” Lily asked suddenly towards Jinyoung.

Jinyoung felt a lump form underneath his throat as he blinked his eyes few times indicates he was shocked with that kind of question. But he quickly covered his expression and showed a cheeky smile at the little girl.

“Why are you asking like this?” Jinyoung asked back.

“Because I always heard Grandma said that Umma actually loves Appa but Umma always said that he hates Appa..and everytime I asked Umma about Appa, she won’t answer me and late in the night Umma will always crying..”

“Umma will cry whenever I asked about Appa..” she added continuously

“Lily..you’ll know about your Appa soon..give your Umma some space first..and Grandma is right, Umma doesn’t hate Appa..”

“Then why Appa always make Umma cries? Grandma said to me that if we love someone we need to make them smile..so I’m trying to make Umma smiling..”

“Grandma is right. You’re good girl, Lily..”

“Is that mean daddy loves Umma too? You always make Umma smile..”

“Yes.. Daddy loves Umma..”

“Yeay! I’ll tell Umma that Daddy loves her..”

“No..no..you can’t tell Umma, dear.. keep it a secret between us..can you?” Jinyoung asked as he took out his pinky finger.

Lily looked over Jinyoung, not understand anything but later she nodded and linked her finger against Jinyoung.

“I love your Umma, Lily..but I can’t do anything..it’s all wrong and too late..” Jinyoung thought deep in his heart.

Jinyoung walked down the street alone, a few raindrops began to fall down but he kept walking without turning back. Both of his hands was wrapped in the the pocket and the cold wind that evening hits his bare face.

The old buildings that monumentally filled the street didn’t really give him interest. It has been 2 months but nothing change in his life. He was still thinking of Hyun Ae day and night, he’s bound to her.

The rains began to pour down heavily drenching the earth as Jinyoung ran for his life before he fully get wet. He placed both of his palms above his head and quicken his pace. People around him was doing the same thing, running from every direction from letting themselves getting wet.

“Auch!”

Jinyoung stopped his track when he felt a collision on his left shoulder, he looked aside and there he saw a lady who was struggling to get aher things that fall down because of the collision.

“I’m sorry..” The lady said frantically without looking upwards.

Her hands busy to gather all the things again before it totally wet because of the rain. Jinyoung crouched down to help the lady and few seconds later, he stood up just same as the lady. The thunder then began to hear and rain poured down heavily than earlier. Jinyoung suddenly pulled the lady wrist and dragged her quickly to the nearby bus stop.

“Aishhh..Victoria going to scold me..” the lady mumbled panickly when she found out the things was all wet and she was already 10 minutes late.

Her phone suddenly rang and her face turned pale before she answered the phone. Jinyoung who was standing beside the lady didn’t even move his eyes from her at all. The lady seems in hurry and he could hear a voice yelling through the line that she’s answering.

“Come here now or you’ll be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The lady ended the call and Jinyoung could say that the lady was in panic. His eyes widened when he saw the girl was ready to run again under the rain but he managed to stop her.

“It’s raining!” Jinyoung half shouted because if not, his voice will be subside by the sound of rain.

“But...wait, Mr. Jinyoung?” the lady asked and her eyebrows knitted.

“Y-yes..who are you?” Jinyoung asked back, he didn’t recognize the lady who was standing in front him.

“I’m K-Krystal..Hyun Ae’s friend..” Krystal slightly stuttered which made Jinyoung frowned.

He tried to remember the lady and after a few seconds, a wide smile appeared on his face. Krystal, yes, he remember her. But the lady looked quite different since she had cut her hair shorter than before, that’s why he couldn’t recognize her at first.

“Okay..I remember you..but why you seems so rushing?”

Before she could answer to him, her phone rang again.

“I’ve to go now..I’m sorry..Nice to meet you!” Krystal tried to free her arm but no avail.Jinyoung still holding onto her arm.

“I’ll send you..It’s raining..tell me where are you going?”

~~

“Appa, read me a bedtime story!” Lily said excitedly as Mark nodded his head.

Hyun Ae just chuckled looking at two of them as she followed from behind. Mark placed the little girl on the bed and he pulled over the blanket over her chest before he laid down beside her. Hyun Ae went to the other side and planted a soft kiss on the daughter’s forehead.

Mark grabbed a random story book beside him and began to read it. His daughter excitedly heard the story about the princess silently. Sometimes, Mark gave his daughter a look and he planted soft kisses on Lily’s cheek. Later, he done telling the story and the daughter looked at her father cutely.

“Why, dear?” Mark asked when he sensed his daughter was about to ask a question.

The little girl then changed her position to sit up while hugging her teddy bear tightly.

“Can I be an angel, appa?” Lily asked innocently blinking her eyes that contain full of hopes and curiosity.

Mark let out a soft chuckle before carried his daughter and placed her on his lap. “Why you want to be an angel?”

“Because angel is pretty and kind..” she simply said which made Mark’s smile become wider.

“Then, you’re Appa and Umma’s angel..” Mark softly said as he flashed a smile towards the little girl.

“Really?” the little beamed excitedly and Mark blinked his eyes and slightly nodded his head.

“Neh then I want to be an angel for Umma and Appa forever!” she raised her arms in the air which made the adults chuckled.

Lily later go on with some random questions about an angel towards her appa. In such a young age, she knows nothing about logically and Hyun Ae and Mark didn’t ruin her fantasy worlds.

“She fall asleep..” Hyun Ae barely whispering when she saw her daughter had fall asleep on Mark’s chest.

Mark nodded his head as he carefully lifted his daughter and placed it on the bed. He tucked a few strands of Lily’s hair behind her ear before he pulled the blanket over her chest. Soon, he planted a soft kiss on her little nose before walked out from the house with Hyun Ae.

~~

 Hyun Ae was staring at her wedding photo that hang on the wall in her room. It was oversized and it was hanging proudly in the room. She smiled remembering that her past, her memories when she was still 19 which made her stuck in the arranged marriage. All this time he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter