Chapter twenty seven

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years later..

“Lily!! Aish, this girl...” Hyun Ae whined when she didn’t managed her daughter from running out from the room.

She then stood up and fixed her blouse and tied her hair neatly. She looked herself once again in the mirror before walked out from the room. She smiled when she saw her daughter already sit on the table and eat her breakfast.

“Morning, Umma..” Hyun Ae said as she pecked on her mother’s cheek.

Hyun Ae went beside her daughter and sit down. 

“Umma, when will Jinyoung daddy come back? I miss him..”  Lily, her only daughter asked while chewing the toast.

Hyun Ae looked at her and smile, “ He’ll be back soon..”

Her daughter then pouted cutely as she continued to finish her breakfast. Hyun Ae fall in her thought for a while,  she’s thinking of Jinyoung. As what she knew Jinyoung was away from Busan for a week because of business matter but for these past few days she didn’t have any news about him. Although she tried to call him for thousands times, he won’t pick them up. Somehow made her worry about him.

She then took her phone out and secretly dialled Jinyoung’s number again. She placed it near her ears and waited for a while but she sighed in defeat when the operator’s voice was heard.

“Hyun Ae, you’ve to go now or you’ll be late...” Mrs.Im reminded when she saw her daughter was mooning.

Hyun Ae took a glimpse at her watch and her mother was right, she needed to send Lily to the nursery now or she’ll be late for working.

“Lily, come. We need to go..” she said at her daughter and the latter nodded.

Hyun Ae went to her mom and pecked her on the cheek followed by her daughter. She hurriedly took a cab and went to the nursery to send her daughter.

~~

“Mr. Nam you’ve an important meeting today at 2.00 o’clock. You’ll be meeting the shareholders of the company and discuss about the upcoming project.” Hyun Ae told her boss.

“Oh, okay. Thanks for reminding me. You’ve to follow me to the meeting today but before this please write this report first.” Mrs. Nam pointed out to the file and Hyun Ae nodded.

After that, she excused herself and walked out from the room and led her feet to her table. She began to do her work silently.

~~

Mark parked his car in front of the tall-silver building and he got off from his car.

“Daddy should come along with me or I won’t be this late..” he mummbled as his hand reached out for his phone.

He dialled his dad’s number and seconds later, a voice heard from the other line.

“Daddy, I’ve arrived. What’s the name of that Nam person. I didn’t remember..” he asked lazily.

“Nam Woohyun..Mark, please behave yourself. This project is important for our company. So--”

“I know, Daddy. Don’t remind me so many times. I’m sick of it.” He cut off Mr. Tuan words and he was about to hang it up but he hold on when he heard his father was saying something.

“The meeting will start at 2 o’clock after the lunch time.”

“What?! You said earlier that it will start around 12 in noon, daddy..ergh!”

“I’m sorry, son..”

Mark ended the call quickly as he groaned in devastated. He took a glimpse at his watch and he toased his head backwards at the seat. He hates waiting and now he need to wait 2 hours until 2 p.m.  His fingertips tapped on the steering wheel for a few seconds before he hop off from his car.

“I don’t care with that ing Nam...I’ll ask them to start the meeting now..I’m the shareholders too..”

He fixed his coat before gently walked into the building.

~~

Hyun Ae glanced at the the wall clock and she stopped from doing her report when it’s time to pick her daughter at the nursery. She fixed her table and arranged everything in order before she stood up and reached for her handbag. She fixed her skirt and get out from her place.

“Hyun Ae...!”

Hyun Ae stopped walking and turned her body to see her office mate, Hye Mi.

“Where are you going?” The lady with short hair asked.

“ As usual. I need to pick up Lily at the nursery..” Hyun Ae replied and the latter nodded.

“Let’s go together then! After that, we can go lunch together..” Hye Mi said and Hyun Ae nodded.

They both was about to walk but Hye Mi stopped her track, “I left my car keys. Wait here,okay..”

Hye Mi then run towards her place back while Hyun Ae continued to walk towards the lift. She was about to press the the button but then her phone rang suddenly. She hurriedly inserted her hand in her handbag but she couldn’t find it and her phone kept ringing. Busy looking for her phone and the lift door finally opened. Her eyes was focused to look for her phone and unfortunately when she was about to step in the lift,her shoulder bumped with someone made her fall on the floor and her things scattered on the floor.

“Ahhhh..” Hyun Ae whined when her landed on the floor quite hard.

“Are you blind or what?” a rasping voice was heard which made Hyun Ae frozed herself.

She knew that voice so well! Her heart suddenly beats like crazy as she slowly gathered all her energy to look up. With full of hesitation, she looked up and meet a pair of cold eyes which was staring at her like she was a criminal. She gulped hardly as she changed her gaze to the floor again. The man than lowered his body to pick his phone which slipped from his hand because of the collision between them.

“No! He can’t be Mark!!!”

She quickly picked up all her things and nervously stood up.

“Mr. Mark?” a voice sounded from behind them and Hyun Ae again froze herself.

“He’s Mark...”

“Yes. I am. You’re Mr. Nam Woohyun?” Mark asked ,showing off his gentle side.

Hyun Ae ignored two of them, only one thing on her mind. She needed to get out from the building. But when she was about to enter the lift, her boss called her.

“Hyun Ae, we have an urgent meeting in 10 minutes more.”

Hyun Ae blankly looked at her boss. She wanted to shook her head but everything seems like stop ticking. Her tongue was also tied making her couldn’t say any single words.

“B-but..”  she couldn’t finish her words when her boss already in.

“Mr. Mark have something important to do in Seoul so we need to start the meeting earlier. I’ll wait you in the meeting room. Bring the reports and presentation as well.” Mr. Nam stated as he walked away with Mark towards the meeting room.

Hyun Ae sighed heavily when she remembered about Lily. Her only daughter will sulk with her for sure since she had broke her promise few times to have a lunch together with her. Hye Mi then went to her.

“Are you okay?” she asked concernly when she saw a sudden change on Hyun Ae’s face.

“Yes. Hye Mi-ah, mianei. I’ve a urgent meeting less than 10 minutes. I’ve to go now..” there’s a hint of disappointment in Hyun Ae’s voice.

She heavily dragged her feet towards her table back and picked up the files and stuffs that her boss wanted.

“Is it really Mark? But why must he being so cold towards me and why he look like he didn’t recognize me?”

Hyun Ae exhaled a deep sigh, she just wished that nothing bad would happened next. She was tired of understanding her own feelings. She then carried the files in her arm and walked towards the meeting room.

~~

Mark listened to the explanation that was given by Mr. Nam. The project seems interesting to him but then his eyes secretly glanced at the lady who bumped with him earlier. He didn’t know why was it only him or it was really the lady looked so uncomfortable and fidgety on her place. And most thing that disturb him, she looked so familiar in his eyes but whenever he called his memor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter