Chapter thirty

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Ae jolted up from her sleep when her phone rang. She lazily reached out for her phone under the pillow and slide the green button to answer. Her eyes widened when she heard her boss voice from the other line.

“What, Sir? But yesterday you told me that I’m free for two days?” she asked back panickly as she sit up in position.

“I know but there’s a sudden meeting with Mr.Tuan’s family. I mean Mr.Raymond Tuan wanted to see the proposal today. Is there any problem with you?” Mr. Nam asked from the other line.

She looked at her daughter who was still sleeping beside her and tapped her forehead.

“Hyun Ae? Are you still there?” Mr. Nam asked when he didn’t get any respond.

“Y-yes, Sir. At what hours will the meeting begin?”

“10.00 in the morning..”

“Okay, Sir..”

Hyun Ae ended the call. She still have an hour to get ready but she was worried with her daughter. She couldn’t leave her daughter alone inside the hotel room. She puckered her lips while thinking on what should her do. Later, she realized that she didn’t have any other choice except to bring her along. It’s possible to left Lily alone although she knew her daughter was a good and obey girl.

She slowly crouched down and brushed her index finger at her daughter’s small nose. It made her daughter whimpered in her sleep as she let a soft chuckle seeing her daughter rubbed her nose with her eyes was still completely closed.

“Honey,wake up..hey...” she voiced up still brushing her index finger at her small nose.

“Umma..I’m sleepy..” the little girl said rubbing her eyes.

“Umma know but Umma has works to do..Do you want to follow me?” she asked made the little girl sit up suddenly.

“Neh! I want!” Lily excited said, her drowsiness was all vanished.

“Okay, now.Let’s take a bath first..”

Hyun Ae carried her daughter in her arm and walked into the bathroom. After she done with her daughter, she take the turn to clean herself. She choosed a black sequin loose dress for today and tied her hair into a pony tail as she fixed her bangs. Satisfy with her looks, she turned her body to see her daughter who staring at her in awe.

“Hey..why are you looking at Umma like that?” she asked as she went to her daughter.

“Umma looks so pretty!” she clapped her hands and smiled widely.

Hyun Ae let a small chuckle hearing her daughter praised herself. She then took her files and hold her daughter’s hand. They two walked out from the hotel room and led to the place she needed to.

“Lily, you’ve to wait here for a while okay? Promise to Umma that you won’t go anywhere until Umma come out. Promise?”

She took out her pinky finger and her daughter linked it with her small finger. Hyun Ae gave a short peck on Lily’s forehead as she worriedly walked into the meeting room.

~~

The loud noise from Mark’s phone has woke him up from his deep sleep.His eyes opened in an instant and caused him to get a sharp pain in his head for a second as he let out a hoarse groan. He reached out for his phone and his eyes rolled in annoyance as a reflex he was irritated when Victoria’s name was shown. He turned his phone to the silent mode as he curled his body like shrimp. He wanted to sleep back but suddenly his eyes shot wide opened.

“Wait! What time is now?!I should...argh!damn!” he cursed as his eyes glued to the wall clock

10.00 p.m

He scrambled down from the bed and tossed the blanket away to only God know where. He ran to the bathroom and took a quick bath.15 minutes later, he came out and went to his wardrobe. He put his outfit and comb his hair as he skidded out from his room. He rushed towards the downstairs and was greeted by his mom.

“Mark, why you seems so rushing?” Mrs.Tuan asked from the dining table.

“Mummy why don’t you wake me up? I’ve to meet Mr.Nam with daddy today..” Mark whined while fixing his tie.

“I wake you up,Mark but you’re sleeping like a log besides Lissa has replaced your place. She went with daddy to meet Mr. Nam 30 minutes ago..” Mrs. Tuan stated but Mark rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“Now come..let’s eat the breakfast first..” Mrs. Tuan said and Mark walked towards the dining table.

As he pulled the chair to sit, Victoria popped out from the kitchen. “Honey!”

Mark was about to grab a slice of the bread but as he heard the jiggle voice he placed it back and showed a poker face as he puckered up his lips. There’s an arm s around his neck from behind but he quickly broke it and stood up.

“Mummy, I’m going..” he said as he got on his feet.

“Mark, Victoria just come..where are you going?” Mrs. Tuan interrupted with a question when she saw her son was ignoring Victoria.

“It’s right, Mark.. I want to spend my time with you because after this I’ll go to Manilla for a few days for a phtoshoot.” Victoria added, hoping that Mark would agree to spend his time for her.

“Good then. I’m sick to see your face 24/7.. and one more thing, your perfume make me want to puke.”  Mark said sarcastically.

He then walked away leaving dining table and brought his feet towards his car. Ignoring Victoria who stomped her feet angrily and his mom who seems too shocked on his harsh words. He started the engine and as he was about to drive away he spotted the engagement ring that stuck at his finger.

“What a stupid engagement.. I don’t know how I could fall in love with that girl in my past..burhhh..”

Mark pulled off the ring and threw it in the dashboard as he reversed his car out of the garage.

He drove his car to the hotel where the meeting was held. He didn’t know why he still come although he has already one hour late. He heaved a deep sigh when his mind was chaotic lately. He then got off from his car and walked in.

As he get off from the lift, his eyes glued to the little girl who played alone at the path in front of the meeting room. The little girl seems so familiar and his eyebrows knitted when he tried to remember where was the place he met her.

“Isn’t she the girl that I saw yesterday? A daughter of Mr. Nam’s secretary..”

Mark walked towards the little girl secretly and the girl seems didn’t notice that he was coming because she was busy jumping back and forth alone. Lily then stopped jumping when there’s a shadow blocked her way. She looked up innocently and met Mark’s eyes. She blinked innocently which made Mark smiled at her cuteness.

He crouched down to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter