Chapter eleven

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Ae was watching Mark and Lelia who was playing with the ball happily. She didn’t have idea where Mark bring them for the picnic but the place was beautiful. Griffith Park, that the sign that she saw earlier. Other than picnic, there’s some other activities that can be done such as hiking, golf and horseback riding somehow makes her excited.

“Can’t take your eyes off Mark?” Lissa teased when she realized Hyun Ae was engrossed looking at him.

Hyun Ae smiled shyly as she stared at Lissa. She wanted to ask her about Victoria but she was scared that Mark would know about it. But Lissa smell a hint of curiosity in Hyun Ae’s eyes.

“Is there something disturbing your mind?” Lissa asked first.

Hyun Ae looked down before she looked at her again. She was doubting on the questions she wanted to ask, but she couldn’t hold it inside. She wanted to know about Victoria so bad, the girl seems so special for Mark.

“Tell me and I promised that I won’t tell Mark.. you can share with me if there’s any problem..” she said and nodded her head slightly as she squeed Hyun Ae’s hand to give her some confidence.

“Lissa unnie...do you know who is Victoria?” Hyun Ae finally asked as she looked in Lissa’s eyes.

Lissa’s face changed, resembles that she was quite shock that Hyun Ae know about Mark’s first love. But Lissa slowly nodded as an answer.

“Can you tell me about her..?”

“No, Hyun Ae. Listen, Victoria is Mark’s past. So--”

“I really want to know about her,unnie..what happened on them?”

Lissa sighed and glanced over Mark was still playing with Lelia, they’re a little far from them.

“Victoria and Mark broke up after she found out Mark was getting married to you. But Hyun Ae, you don’t have to feel out of guilt. I bet Mark has forget about her. He has you now which is far better away than Victoria..”

“You don’t like her?” Lissa asked again.

Lissa shook her head, “ I don’t know why I don’t like her though my parents love her so much. It’s like my first impression when I met her, she couldn’t handle Mark. I know that she’ll givng up when she know my brother.”

“Why?”

“ I don’t know. It was just an impression maybe..”

“How about you? Have you ever love somebody before Mark?”

 

~~

“Aunty, Mummy..let’s go to the pool there...” Lelia cheer happily as she waved towards them.

They let out a small chuckle looking at her cute face as they stood up and went towards the pool that Lelia pointed out. Hyun Ae sat on the edge of the pool while her feet immersed in the pool. She shook her head when she saw Mark was more excited that Lelia.

“Uncle..I’m hungry..” Lelia said as Mark carried her on his back and placed her at the edge of the pool.

Lelia ran towards her mummy and Lissa gave a daughter a sandwich to eat. Mark crossed his arm at the edge of the swimming pool to support his upper body.

“Don’t want to join?” Mark asked as he looked at her who was shaking her head.

“I don’t know how to swim..” she stated and looked at him.

She changed her gaze towards Lelia who was eating the sandwich with her mom. But suddenly she felt someone dragged her legs making her drowned in the swimming pool.

“Mark! I don’t---”

Hyun Ae then realized that Mark held her waist to support her as she placed her palm in his shoulder. Her heart was thumping like crazy when she realized how y Mark was. His wet and messy hair were making him look even ier. For a moments, their gaze met as she tried to calm herself.

“I want to get out. I don’t know how to s-swim..” she finally said but their gaze was still locked with each other.

“Nope. Let’s go deeper..” he stated as he let her waist off.

He then helds her hand and hauls her to get along with him. Hyun Ae didn’t know why she didn’t stop him instead of letting him brought her towards the deeper section. While Hyun Ae’s abdomen almost subside, the water level was only at Mark’s upper waist. Mark never let her hand go and when he realized she was getting nervous because of the depness, he led her in front of him and held her waist.

 Lissa who observed two of them since earlier smiled in satisfaction. She needed to admit that her brother has become more matured and responsible. She just wished that Mark would cancel his plan to divorce Hyun Ae.

~~

Mark couldn’t close his eyes at all because of his tummy keep crumbling, asking for food. He then rested his back against the hearboarder in annoyance. His eyes roamed inside the room when he noticed that Hyun Ae wasn’t beside him. It’s became his routine to wake up by Hyun Ae at his side since they came to Cali.

“Where’s this girl..?” he mumbled and get off from his bed.

 Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter