Chapter forty seven

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 months later..

“Appa, Umma!!!!” Lily exclaimed excitedly when she saw her parents making their way inside the room.

“Hows you doing, dear?” Hyun Ae asked lovingly as she took the empty place beside her daughter.

“I’m doing fine, umma...” she smiled widely, showing her fissures lips.

Hyun Ae’s smile almost dropped seeing her daughter lips that made her looked so sick. She quickly covered her face with a wider smile as she rubbed her hair dearly.

Mark sat at the edge of the bed facing his daughter who was getting weaker each day. Mrs. Tuan tapped his shoulder lightly, signalling him not to show his sad and disappoint face in front Lily. Mark smiled with a small nod and later his daughter show them a drawing book that she has been colouring.

“Grandma helps me to colour this..it’s beautiful, right?” Lily asked cutely with a earger smile on her face.

Mark nodded his head as Lily’s smile grow wider. She then changed her gaze to her mom and placed a small hand on Hyun Ae’s little baby bump.

“Dongsaeng-ah, come out quickly neh..so that we can colour this together..” Lily rubbed the little baby bump which made Hyun Ae fall in her own thought.

Will her daughter survive until they got a variable bone narrow donor for her? Lily’s condition didn’t improve even a little bit. She even lost her appetite and amount of weight. Hyun Ae couldn’t bear to see her daughter crying everytime after she done getting her treatment.

 “Umma...gwenchana?” Lily shook her mom’s arm which made her mom came back on the earth.

Hyun Ae showed a soft smile and nodded her head. She planted a soft kiss on her head as she reached out for a comb on the table beside the bed.

“Come..let Umma comb your hair..” Hyun Ae said as she corrected her position.

“Umma,Appa..can I dress up as an angel for my birthday tomorrow?” Lily asked suddenly with puppy eyes.

She looked over her parents with full of hope before Mark and Hyun Ae nodded their head in unison.Hyun Ae tenderly comb Lily’s hair but after a few times , the comb was full with Lily’s hair. Hyun Ae bite her inner lips, holding her tears inside which makes her eyes looked so red. She looked over Mark who was looking at her. She shook her head and suddenly she rushed towards the toilet.

“Umma?” Lily asked as she looked at her dad and grandma.

“Wait here, okay..Appa is going to look for Umma..” Mark said, smiling a little bit.

Mark went to the toilet and he saw his wife crying silently, holding her sob because she didn’t want their daughter to suspect anything. He hold her shoulder firmly, making her face him as he wiped away the tears.

“We’ve to be strong..” Mark said, half whispering as he gave his wife a encouraging nod.

“I know, Mark..but I can’t hold it when I see her condition..she’s getting worst everyday..” she cried as Mark pulled her into a hug.

“She’ll recover soon..believe me..she’s strong..just like you..” he tighten the hug as Hyun Ae replies to the hug.

Mark then kissed her cheeks softly and brushes her tears away with his thumb before they both walked out from the room. Hyun Ae forced herself to give a warm smile for her daughter who was looking at her strangely.

“Umma,are you crying?”  Lily asked and she was about to get off from her bed but Hyun Ae dashed her feet to the bed, preventing her daughter.

“Lily..Appa have to go to work now...take the medicines okay?” Mark said as he showed his daughter a cute smile of him.

“Neh, Appa.I love you!” Lily smiled widely as she kissed her father’s cheeks.

“I love you too,dear..” Mark nuzzles his nose against her daughter as Lily giggles cutely.

Lily continued to her colour her book as Mark stood up and slightly pulled his wife to stand up. “Take care of yourself too, okay..? don’t skip your meals anymore..understand?”

He brushes his index finger  at his wife’s nose as she nodded her head softly.

“I love you..” Mark said pleasingly as he kissed her forehead.

“I love you too..” she replies hugging him softly.

As Mark walked out from the room she went back to her daughter, rubbing her hair softly.

“Mrs. Tuan?” a nurse suddenly entered the room.

Hyun Ae nodded her head. “Yes?”

“The doctor want to see you..”

~~

Victoria smiled evilly as she made her way to the room that written Lily Tuan at the door. Her smirk become more spooky when she finally stood right in front of Lily’s room. She peeked inside and saw the little girl was playing alone on her bed.

“This is the right time..”

She got into the room and Lily seems noticed about her presence. “Vict Aunty?”

Victoria hides her smirk with a smile as she went to the bed, she pulled the chair so that she could sit down. She observes the little girl who looked so sick. Lily was totally different than the last time she meet almost few months ago. Her skin was more ghastly and her hair was also became some. She silently smirked in satisfaction to see the little girl suffer so much.

“What are you doing here, Vict Aunty?” Lily asked innocently.

“I come to pay you a visit, Lily...how can you be here?” Victoria asked, showing a soft smile.

“Umma and Appa said that I’m sick..so I’ve to get a treatment..” Lily smiled back.

“Oh really? Do you think you’ll recover even after you get the treatment?”

The little girl frowned with the question. It sounded so strange for her.

“Do you know that you’re dying?” Victoria asked, raising her left eyebrows like a witch.

“D-dying?”

“Yes,, Lily Tuan..you’re dying so soon..” Victoria smirked maliciously as she got on her feet.

“If you don’t believe with Aunty..then you can ask your umma and appa..” Victoria added before she walked out from the room.

She smirked when she know the little girl was crying.

“Serve you right, Mark..” she said alone like a crazy girl.

~~

Hyun Ae dragged her feet heavily towards Lily’s room again. She have no expression on her face, her mind was blank for a while. She really didn’t know what should she react with what the doctor just told her.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Tuan..but we need to find a donor as soon as possible..Lily’s body couldn’t stand with the chemortherapy .. and I don’t think she could wait until her sibling is born.”

She heaved a sigh and pushed the door to enter the room. Her eyes widened in confusion when she saw her daughter was crying sadly on the bed. She rushed to her side, carresing her arm softly but her eyes looked at her mother-in-law in confusion. The latter just shook her head.

“Honey.why are you crying?” Hyun Ae asked worriedly.

“Umma, is it t-true I’m d-dying?” a question finally slipped out from Lily’s mouth.

The time was like stop from ticking for Hyun Ae, her hearbeat increased in rate as she looked over her mother-in-law.

“No..no honey..you’re not..no ones is dying..” Hyun Ae comforted her daughter, wiping away the tears but the little girl won’t stop crying.

“But Victoria Aunty said that I’m dying..”

Hyun Ae was totally in shock as she pulled her daughter in a hug.

“No..you’re not dying. You’re hospitalized because you’re body is not in a good condition. The doctor wanted you to take a rest and she didn’t allow us to take you back home because she is scared that you might get even more sick.” She said in the hug.

“I want to be with Umma and Appa forever.. I don’t want to die..” the little girl said, crying in her mother’s embrace.

“No..you’re not going anywhere..You’re going to recover soon. Umma and Appa won’t allowed anyone to bring you away far from us..” Hyun Ae still trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter