Chapter thirty seven

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark went away with Mrs. Im to the nearby shop to buy some groceries while Hyun Ae was making a porridge for her daughter who was still sleeping inside the room. Half an hour later, she done and took it to the daughter room. She smiled when she saw her daughter was alredy awake and she placed the bowl on the table.

She sat on the bed and her daughter went to her lap again.

“Dear, let’s eat first..you must be hungry, right?” Hyun Ae asked as she tilted her head a little bit to see her daughter’s face which look so gloomy and weak.

Lily just shook her head and hugged her mother. “I’m not hungry..”

The bell door suddenly was knocked a couple of times and Hyun Ae stood up with Lily in her arm. The little girl rested her head on her shoulder and closed her eyes didn’t want to let her mother go. Hyun Ae gave her daughter a soft kiss and smile before she went to the front door.

“D-daddy? M-mummy?”

Hyun Ae couldn’t hide her shockness to see her parents-in-law stood in front of door. Her eyes widened as a sign she was so shock and she slightly shook her head for no reason.

“Hyun Ae, can we come in?” Mrs. Tuan asked politely.

Hyun Ae’s voice disappeared while her eyes glued towards Mrs.Tuan who didn’t even look at herself. She bite her lower lips and changed her gaze towards Mr. Tuan again.

“Umma..I want to sleep..” Lily whine as she rubbed her eyes with her head still resting on her mother’s shoulder.

Lily’s voice made Hyun Ae seized up her thought.

“Can we come in?” Mr.Tuan asked and Hyun Ae hesitantly nodded her head.

Mrs.Tuan sat on the couch silently. She didn’t bother to talk and there’s a weird feeling emerged in her heart when her eyes met with Hyun Ae just now and when she took a glimpse over the little girl in her arm, the feelings became stronger. Everything became more strange for her when she looked over the the few frames that was hanging on the wall.Her tears suddenly welling up in the eyes when everything she had done all this time came rushing into her mind. She never feel this guility.

“Mummy? Daddy?” Mark who just arrived weirdly looked at his parents.

“Mr. Tuan.. Mrs. Tuan..” Mrs.Im who also shocked with their presence.

Mrs.Tuan suddenly stood up and went to her son, pulled him into a hug.

“Mummy? Are you alright? Why are you crying?” Mark asked confusedly while hugging his mom back.

His was bewildered, he never see his mom crying so hard and he even never feel the warmth of hug between his mom and himself.

“Mummy and daddy has to tell you something..but we have to wait for you bestfriends first..” Mr.Tuan stated which just made Mark became more curious.

“I don’t understand..” Mark shook his head.

“You’ll understand it soon..” Mr.Tuan tapped his son’s shoulder.

Mark comforted his mom who was still silently sobbing in his chest and embrace.

~~

“Hyun Ae..” Mrs. Im softly called her daughter.

Mrs. Im walked towards her daughter who was trying walking back and forth with Lily in her arm. Hyun Ae looked uneasy and so nervous. She smiled over her daughter and made her way towards Hyun Ae.

“Umma..I’m worry..Mummy..” Hyun Ae shook her head, she was controlling her voice because Lily just fall asleep in her arm.

“They tell me the reason why they come..” Mrs. Im calmly said.

“What do they want?” Hyun Ae asked back curiously.

“They wanted to tell Mark the truth..”

“W-what?” Hyun Ae unpurposely raised her voice making her daughter grizzle in her sleep.

Hyun Ae repeatly shook her head in disbelieve. What was happening? Her heart was thumping so fast out of sudden and her face turned pale. Mrs. Im dragged her daughter out of the room and Hyun Ae once again almost lost her mind when she saw Jinyoung with the rest of his friends was also there in the living hall.

“Is she asleep?” Mark stood up and went to Hyun Ae.

Hyun Ae didn’t answer, her knee was about to give up, her heart didn’t feel calm. She wanted to run away from the crowd but Mark held her hand and bring her beside him.

“Mark..we come here to reveal the truth behind everything..we’re going to tell you about your past and everything that you wanted to know..” Mr. Tuan spoke up.

“And what is it about?” Mark asked confusedly.

He dislikes the tense that filled the air which just caused a slight pain in his head. He looked over them one by one especially the six person who claimed themselves as his bestfriends in the past. It’s hard for him to believe it but he didn’t deny the six of them gave them a warm feel. They’re all same like in the picture he got from Jaebum. He talked to them earlier and somehow he got a few hint about his past but still, he couldn’t remember it clearly.

“Mr. Tuan.. Mrs. Tuan..I think there’s nothing to talk about in the past..I’ll leave Mark..just consider that I’m already died..” Hyun Ae suddenly stood up.

She was too scared. Everything that happened to her in the past played in her eyes like a movie. She was scared it was just a drama that Mrs.Tuan created. She didn’t want to make any fuss or mess in Mark’s life anymore.

“Wait..what are you talking about? You really know me in the past?”  Mark hold her hand stopping her from going away.

“Hyun Ae is your wife..” Mr.Tuan interrupted between them.

“What?!” Mark halfly yelled.

Mark’s mind became confused with the statement. He frowned at looked over his parents confusedly asking for explanations for the hidden truth. Mrs. Im came to Hyun Ae and carefully took Lily from her arm, she brought her grandchild into the room.

“Wait..wait..what is this? I don’t understand any single thing! I do really need an explanation..right now!”

Hyun Ae stared at Mark who seems so confused, his jaw clenched and veins was slightly shown on his forehead. She looked over Jinyoung who was calmly sit on his place. She shook her head but he just smiled and blink his eyes.

“Since when I’m married to you?” Mark asked Hyun Ae and stares deep into her eyes which start to brimm with hot tears.

“You’re married to her 4 years ago..and she’s still your wife until now..and Lily is your daughter..” Mrs.Tuan began to reveal the real story.

Mrs.Tuan realized her mistakes and she knew she has been so cruel towards Hyun Ae all this time but still it wasn’t easy for her to admit all her faults. She was ashamed of them. She felt a warm touch wraped her hand and it was her husband.

“I don’t get it..why are you doing this to me, Mummy? Daddy? And you guys who claimed me your bestfriends?!” Mark exploded but his voice was shown that he was disappointed with everyone.

“And why you never tell me that I’m your husband? Don’t you love me?” Mark asked Hyun Ae disappointedly.

“I love you, Mark..I love you beyond everything but your mom hates me....she’s cruel person that I’ve ever met..”

“Someone answer me!!” Mark yelled disappointedly.

His mind couldn’t cope with the fact and tears started to form in his eyes. His heart dropped and he was disappointed with everyone. EVERYONE.

Mrs.Tuan slowly revealed the real story although she was ashamed with herself.

Mark faked a guffaw as he cupped his faced, his tears dropped in his palm as his heart felt ripped apart. He’s too disappointed with the truth. All this time he was being fool by his own mom who he trust the most.

“Why you did this to me, Mummy? Why? Should I believe this story? Do you really honest this time?” he asked repeatly.

He couldn’t hold his tears inside but he didn’t want to show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter