Chapter forty

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 days later..

It has been two days and Mark still didn’t gain his conscious. He was like dying people who was using the ventilation machine to survive. Hyun Ae sit on the chair beside the bed while she linked their fingers together as softly carresed it with her thumbs.

“Hey..wake up..you promised that you’re not going to leave me again..but what happen to you now? How am I going to explain at our daughter about you?” Hyun Ae asked as her another free hand played with his hair.

The door then slung opened as Jaebum entered the room. She let him check his condition without saying anything as she slowly walked out from the room. She sit on the stool outside the room and rested her back against the wall. She was lacked of energy and tired.

“How is he?” Jackson calmly asked towards Hyun Ae.

Hyun Ae titled her head and shook her head.

“I don’t know.. Jaebum is checking his condition right now..” Hyun Ae replied.

Jackson took the empty seat beside Hyun Ae and carresed her back, giving her some strength. Hyun Ae just smiled at him and closed her eyes. The rest of his friends was there too but everybody remained silent, didn’t know on what they should say.

“Hyun Ae...”

Hyun Ae opened her eyes and her eyes sparks when she saw her mom was walking towards her with Mrs. Tuan. She ran to her mom and hug her tightly.

“Be strong,dear.. I believe Mark will wake up soon for you and Lily..” Mrs. Im rubbed her daughter’s back and planted a kiss on her both cheeks.

Hyun Ae untangle the hug and stared deep in her mother’s eyes and she found some sort of strength inside it.

“Where’s Lily?” Hyun Ae asked when she didn’t saw the shadow of her only daughter.

“She is with Jinyoung..I came with him..” Mrs. Im replied and she nodded in understanding.

Suddenly Jaebum came out from the room and everyone rushed to him. He looked at them one by one and took a deep breath before explained about Mark.

“His condition is unpredictable. I can’t say anything since he didn’t give us any reaction that he will wake up. We will wait few days more before..” Jaebum seems guility to finish his words and made the worriness increased inside them who was listening.

“Before we pull the ventilation machine from him..”

Hyun Ae knee wobble weakly as she fall on the nearby chair.

“You’ve to wake up, Mark..please..for me and for Lily..we need you..”

“Stay strong, dear.. Mummy believe that Mark is strong and he will wake up soon..” Mrs. Tuan said as she pulled Hyun Ae’s shoulder into a hug.

“Umma!” Lily ran towards her mom and jumped into Hyun Ae’s lap.

Hyun Ae tilted her head and saw Jinyoung walking towards  her.

~~

Few hours passed and Hyun Ae remained at her place, what Jaebum had inform was such a nightmare for her. She wanted Mark to wake up soon, she didn’t want to lose him this fast. Mrs. Tuan and Mrs. Im were still inside the room and she took the chance to rest for a while outside.

Only God knows her feeling right now, even herself didn’t know how to say what she was feelings. Everything happened in a blink of eyes. Mrs. Tuan later walked out from the room and went to Hyun Ae.

“Dear, let’s go to eat.. It has been two days you didn’t take a proper meal. You’ll get sick if you go on like this..” Mrs. Tuan said softly.

“It’s okay, Mummy.. I’m not hungry.. I want to look for Mark..” Hyun Ae replied as she gave a small smile.

She then stood up ready to get into the room and that moment Mrs. Im get out from the room too which made Hyun Ae stopped her track.

“Mrs. Tuan is right, dear..you need to eat something..”

Hyun Ae just shook her head and get into the room. Mrs. Im and Mrs. Tuan looked at each other and they changed their gaze towards Hyun Ae who was entering the room. Later they saw Jinyoung and Lily were coming.

“Jinyoung-ah, persuade Hyun Ae..she haven’t take any meal for these two days..” Mrs.Im said as she took Lily from Jinyoung’s embrace.

Jinyoung looked over Mrs. Tuan who was staring at him.

“I won’t misunderstood again, Jinyoung-ah..” Mrs. Tuan said suddenly as she tapped his shoulder few times.

~~

The sound of the door squawked made Hyun Ae changed her gaze from her husband to the person who entering the room. Nothing came out from their lips as Jinyoung walked closer.

“Let’s go to eat something..” Jinyoung simply said as he stood beside her.

“I’m not hungry..” she replied the same answer like she gave to Mrs. Tuan and her mom.

“Hey...do you think when Mark will be happy if he sees you like this?”

“I want to stay by his side. I want to be the first person he sees when he open his eyes, Jinyoung-ah..” Hyun Ae began to tear up but as always Jinyoung would be the one who wiped away her tears.

“I know, Hyun Ae..but you won’t be able to be the first one if you didn’t care about yourself at all. You’ll fall sick..” Jinyoung changed his tone of voice, it was earnest.

“Now, let’s go to eat..okay?” Jinyoung said and Hyun Ae slowly nodded her head weakly.

~~

Mark awaken from his long sleep. He was confused with his surrounding that seems so strange. He get down from the bed and walked out from the room. His eyes pondered around the empty path and went to the nurse counter.

“Excuse me..” Mark called the nurse who seems ignoring his presence.

“Excuse me...I need a help..” he said again but the nurse ignore him again like he was invisible.

He heaved a sigh and go on walking where his feet brought him. He blankly walked and arrived at the cafeteria. He saw his wife as he excitedly went to her but his steps stropped when he saw Jinyoung was there too.

“Here..eat this...” Jinyoung stated as he gave a slice of sandwich towards her.

Hyun Ae just took it without saying anything. She got her first bite and slowly chewing it without saying anything.

“Hyun Ae actually I’ve something to tell you..” Jinyoung spoke up to break the silences.

Hyun Ae gave him a look and after Jinyoung took much breath and calm his rapid heart, he began to tell her about his exact intent.

“I’m leaving Korea..”

Hyun Ae ogled her eyes wide opened and looked over Jinyoung, asking for explanation.

“But why? Are you trying to grow a distance between us?” Hyun Ae asked, her heart felt very heavy.

Jinyoung crept a small smile on his sullen face, “No..It’s for work..”

He was lying of course, he couldn’t tell her that he was away to accept the fact that she’s back with Mark. He needed time to mend his broken heart.

“Where?” she asked shortly.

“Germany..” Jinyoung’s voice became shaky.

“I’m sorry, Hyun Ae..I can’t tell you the exact reason...I don’t want you to pity me..I’ll always pray for your your happiness with Mark..”

“Why so sudden, Jinyoung? Be honest with me..please..” Hyun Ae asked again.

Jinyoung again gave her a reassuring smile before answering, “ I’m being honest..I’ll go to Germany on Thursday night..I’m very sorry for this sudden news..”

“I’m sorry Hyun Ae...I’m lying because I can’t explain how much I love you..Mark is my bestfriend and I can’t betray him..he needs you..I know he have changed..he deserves your love now..”

Mark’s eyes widened when he could read what was Jinyoung saying in his heart. But everything seems to fast when Hyun Ae suddenly stood up and left. He didn’t believe that Hyun Ae just leaved him like he was invisible, like she didn’t see him at all.

“Jinyoung-ah! You love my wife all this time?!” Mark asked as he slammed his hand onto the table but nothing happened.

Jinyoung didn’t even looked over him or bat his eyelashed on him.

“Dude, tell me! I need an explanation!” Mark yelled but he still got nothing.

Mark blankly looked over Jinyoung who ignoring him. The latter than stood up without saying anything.

“Wait!” Mark grabbed Jinyoung’s hand but there’s nothing happened.

He didn’t even feel the skinship between them as Jinyoung walked away from him. Mark began to grow panic as he chased for Jinyoung, trying to stop him by grabbing his arm again more strong but nothing happened. When he tried to block him, he will passed over him easily like he was invisble.

Mark ran over to the room again and his eyes shot wide opened when he saw himself was laying on the bed unconsiously. He panickly went to Hyun Ae’s side,shaking his wife’s shoulder harshly to make her notice his presence.

“Hyun Ae! It’s me, Mark! Look at me! Look at me!”

“No! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!What is this!” Mark screamed on top of his lung but he got nothing.

No ones hear his voice and he tucked her hair angrily and leaned himself against the wall. He was totally confused, he couldn’t remember what happened. He didn’t understand any single thing and more important was, how could he seperate from his body. He didn’t know what happened nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter