Chapter twenty nine

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed and today Hyun Ae was locking herself in her room. She was bored but she was lazy to walk out from her room. She exhaled a sigh when she her heart felt so lonely. She missed her daughter badly and being away from her little princess made she couldn’t sleep at night and kept thinking of her. Usually when she was out of energy it would always recharged when she see her daughter smiling and giggling but not for these past few days anymore. She didn’t have any spirit to work especially when she knew most of the working hours she would meet Mark.

She sighed again and suddenly her phone rang. Jinyoung’s name popped up at the screen and she didn’t waste her time and quickly slide the green button to answer.

“Umma!!” a excited voice was heard from the other line.

She chuckled when hearing Lily’s excited voice, at least she knew her daughter was doing fine.

“Umma, Jinyoung daddy is going to bring me to see  you..” Lily said excitedly

“Really?” Hyun Ae asked almost didn’t believe it.

“Yes. We’re already on our way. Wait me in the lobby okay?” Jinyoung said and Hyun Ae chuckled when she heard Jinyoung’s excited voice.

“Neh..I’ll wait for you two..” she replied before hang the phone.

Without thinking twice, she excitedly get on her feet and changed to a casual wear. She then grabbed her handbag and walked out from the room. As she was walking towards the lift she felt someone held her wrist made her looked behind.

“Lissa unnie...” a soft yet shock voice escaped from her pink lips.

“Hyun Ae, don’t avoid me please..we need to talk..” Lissa voiced up, her voice somehow made Hyun Ae sensed something had happened.

She seems serious. Hyun Ae let a sigh and shook her head. “There’s nothing more to talk..forget everything unnie..forget on what had happened between me, Mark and your family. Just consider that I dead already..”

“No! You’ve to know what happened after you left. Please..I’m begging you..” Lissa begged.

Hyun Ae looked into her eyes. Did she really need any explanation? She was tired with it and everything inside her heart was all hatred towards Mark Tuan. But seeing Lissa pleading, she slowly nodded her head. She only hates her husband not Lissa. After all Lissa was the one who helped her and believed her during her hard time in the past.

They two walked towards the lobby and they choosed a place that quite deserted. After they ordered their drink, silences and tense filler the air between them.

“Look Hyun Ae..I know you’re mad at me because I ask you to stay away from Mark before this. But believe me I did it for your own good. You know my mother so well..and when I tried to call you and inform about Mark ..the line never reachable..”

Hyun Ae looked at Lissa for a while before she changed her gaze towards somewhere else in the lobby. She wrapped her hands with the coffee cup and closed her eyes. Her heart feel heavy again.

“It’s enough, Lissa unnie.. I’m tired with everything. I have started my new life accepting my faith so please I don’t think I need to hear any explanation. I’ve forgive you and I know it’s not really your fault. And I’m sorry because I changed my phone number after I went away. I need to move on.”  Hyun Ae said firmly and when she was about to get on her feet, Lissa prevent her by holding her hands.

Lissa know that Hyun Ae hurts too much in the past but she couldn’t stand with the lie that her mother created too.

“Hyun Ae..I know you’re hurt..but please..you’ve to help Mark..”

“Help him? Why would I? After everything he had done on me why must I help him? He dumped me out from his life like he never knew me before!” Hyun Ae said, her eyes brimmed with hot tears that threathen to fall in few seconds.

The scene her first meeting with Mark played in her mind again as she tried to hold her tears back by not blinking her eyes. But she wasn’t a robot and she needed to blink her eyes no matter what and as she blinked her tears fall down along her pure cheek. There’s a hidden pain that she had bury in deep of her heart and now the pain felt so poignant.

To Lissa she saw how vulnerable Hyun Ae was through the tears. She could say that Hyun Ae was suffering without Mark at her side.

“Mark was in coma for almost a year. When you’re away, his condition was unpredictable even the doctor couldn’t promised anything for how long Mark could survive with the ventilation machine. But one day he woke up. We’re so glad and even the doctor said that it was miracle..but he lost all of his memory..”

Hyun Ae looked at Lissa in disbelieve. It was so hard for her to believe it, so that’s why Mark didn’t even recognize her when she bumped with him.

“I gave you call and message telling about Mark’s health but you changed your phone number...”

“After that, Mummy brought Mark away to Cali for 3 years. He got the best and intensive treatment but still he couldn’t even remember any single things about his past. Mummy told Mark that Victoria was his fiancee and he got into the accident  because he want to stop her from going to States . Mummy keep everything about his past neatly from his knowledge.”

Hyun Ae frozed herself, how she needed to react with the story? Her mind was blank. It’s seem so hard for her to believe it.

“And you don’t even try to tell him that he exactly has a wife and a daughter? This is ridiculous, Lissa...ridiculous!”

Hyun Ae halfly shouted as she let out a bitter chuckle.

“I know it’s hard for you and it’s not even easy for me and Grandma, Hyun Ae. Times wasn’t right to tell Mark about the truth because Grandma was dying that time. After Grandma passed away, things get severe! Mark became so cold towards people around him. He didn’t believe anyone. Please Hyun Ae..you’ve to help, Mark.. he’s still your husband and your daughter need her father..”

Lissa last sentences made Hyun Ae sharply looked her into the eyes.Why must everyone bringing up her status and father towards Lily? Why?! She didn’t get it.

~~

Mark walked into the lobby whilst his left hand holding his phone and his right hand holding a cup of hot coffee. His eyes glued towards the screen of his phone and busy looking through the screen.

“Arghhh!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter