Chapter twenty

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month later..

2.00 a.m..

Mark coughed badly laying on his bed while his whole being was trembling so hard due to the cold he’s having. Since Hyun Ae left him, he fall sick easily and restlessly looking for her on daily basic makes him forgot to take care of himself. He even forgot when was the last time he eat a proper meal. This all made him even more depressed that he already was and it had taken a toll on him.He lost considerably a huge number of weight. His face was sunken puffy eyes and black circles apppeared.His face was pale and noticely ill. He seems sick and very much unhealthy.

He stirred up in his sleep.His throat burning and begging for water and he forced himself slowly sitting up on the bed.He coughed a bit clearing his dried throat.He weakly tosses the blanket over and moves to the edge of the bed feet touching the floor. Grabbing the empty glass on his beside table he stood up feet a bit woobly.He waited until he could balance his body properly before slowly dragging his feet to the kitchen. He feel so weak that every steps he took almost made him faint. Sweats was running down his forehead even thought it’s cold.

He wasn’t a person good with stress. All his life he’s been pretty much pressured and depressed and all of that lead to only one thing, a really bad magraine. Back when he was still a little boy, his grandmother use to take care of him when he’s having one of this day. But now, no one was there for him. He was completly alone very much sick and he has to take care of himself all by himself.

As sooon as ge reached the kitchen his vision turned blur. He sees everything in doubles and his feet was about to give up on him. He manage to grab hold on to the kitchen counter rather than fall on the floor. His head pounds really bad lie it could explodes any minutes now. He could still make the outline of his phone and he grabbed it dialling the first name he saw and he knows well. The same person his been dying to see sincce pass weeks. After a while of listening usual beeping a voice, he missed calls her name.

~~

Hyun Ae was folding her clothes and placed it into her bag. It was her last day in the house, a house who gave her so much memories to remember since she was baby. Too many memories was created in the small wodden house which made her heart felt heavy to leave it. The owner of the house already gave her a notice to move out from the house or he will charge more money to pay for the rent

She glanced over her mom who was already fall asleep beside her. She stared at her out of guilt when she realized she wasn’t a good daughter. Because of her, her mother was blamed too. Because of her, they have to move out from the house.

“Umma, I’ll try to fix everything. That’s my promise.”

Hyun Ae rubbed when she felt something different. It’s like she’s going to throw up but then the feels disappeared out of sudden.Later,she planted a soft kiss on her mom’s forehead and smiled.

 Suddenly, she heard a sound of vibration that come from the table beside her. It was her phone. She frowned when she think of who was the one who made a phone call at that hours. She picked her phone and Mark’s name shown up on the screen. Her heart beat suddenly increased as she pressed the reject button. She bite her lower lips in guilt when suddenly bad thoughts came rushing into her mind. How if it was an emergency call? She was about to make a call back but Mark’s name already appeared on the screen again.

With the trembling fingers, she swiped away the screen to answer.

“H-Hyun Ae...” a cracked and trembling voiced was heard from the other line.

“Mark? Are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

She felt that her heart going to explode when hearing Mark’s voice. He sounded so sick!

“Mark, are you there?!” Hyun Ae asked again, her voice was slightly high.

She was worried of him and she’s getting more anxious when he took a long time to answer.

“S-sorry...”

It was the only last words that Hyun Ae heard before it followed with a loud sound of glass shattered into pieces.

“Mark?”

“Mark?!”

Her eyes began to brimm with hot tears when no answer was heard. Her heart skipped a beat as she couldn’t help herself from stop thinking about bad things happened on her husband. But then she felt a soft hand placed on her shoulder. She turned her head and saw her mom was looking at her.

“Go and check him. He’s still your husband..”

Hyun Ae hugged her mother tightly as she thanked her mom. She quickly stood up and ran out of her house with panic filled her mind and heart. She almost tear up when she couldn’t get any cab or bus or any transportation that could help her that moment. Almost 15 minutes running, she finally found a bus.

Since the bus couldn’t enter the residental area which Mark’s house located, she needed to run again. She was running out breath and her chest began to feel heavy but she didn’t stop her track. Mark was all in her mind. She pressed the bell few times but there’s no answer which made her almost going crazy infront of Mark’s house. She spotted the small gates wasn’t locked and she used it to enter the house.

“Mark!” she called out his name as she slide away the sliding door.

No answer was heard and she stompped her feet towards the staircase headed to Mark’s room. Her eyes shot wide opened when she saw how cluttered the room was. Everything wasn’t in order and she could see a lot of untouch medicines on the table beside the bed.

“Mark!” she called his name once again but still, she got no answer.

She skidded out of her room hurriedly and went to kitchen. Her eyes widened in horror when she saw Mark laying on the cold floor, his snuggled his trembling body and his nose was bleeding. She rushed to his side, carefully slung her hand behind his back to support him. He managed to sit but before Hyun Ae could do anything, he fall lifelessly on her shoulder.

“He’s boiling!” Hyun Ae thought as her palm touched his forehead.

Hearing his hard cough made Hyun Ae was hit by the guilt once again for leaving him and not taking care of him well. She slung his arm on her shoulder and she gained all her strength to help hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter