Truth

A Forgotten Silhouette

“Stay away from me!” MinSeul angrily stare JunHyung in the face. This caught everyone’s attention.  “And you wonder why I hate you popular people.” She scoffs with watery eyes, “You think that you can push us around and call us whatever you want just because you’re better looking. You think that you guys can get away with everything and lie about everything; even to each other… why don’t you go and tell your little girlfriend over there what you told me yesterday.” JunHyung gulp down his saliva.

“What is she talking about oppa?” Hyorin ask nervously. He ignored Hyorin.

“Exactly what I meant.” MinSeul grabs her bag, “I guess I thought you were different; but you’re no less than him.” She walks towards the exit but JunHyung stop her. “Get out of my way.”

“Hyorin…” he looks at her, “I’m sorry but…it not going to work out between you and me.”

“What?” She takes a step towards him, “What did I do?” she eyed MinSeul, “What did she say to you?” she tries to grab MinSeul but JunHyung blocks her. “What did you do to him?” Bora tries to pull her back.

“MinSeul didn’t do anything.” JunHyung raise his voice, “Hyorin…we were never really together. You just assumed everything yourself.”

“Bwoh?’

“I said that I like you too.” JunHyung took a huge sigh, “I never said that I would date you.”

“That is a lie.” She yells, “She did something to you, didn’t she? You witch, what did you do to my boyfriend?” MinSeul balled her fist and walked out the door. Gi-Kwang and HyunSeung followed her out.

 “MinSeul.” He tries to follow her but Hyorin grabs his arm.

“Andwe!” she hanged on, preventing to let him go.

------

MinSeul walked as fast as she could out the school door wiping her tears.

“MinSeul-ssi.” She stops. HyunSeung and Gi-Kwang saw the tears in her eyes. “Can I give you a lift home?” Gi-Kwang asked.

“No…I don’t want to be involve with you guys anymore.” She wipes the new tears that had form in her eyes.

“As an old friend let me…” she looks at Gi-Kwang, “jebal.”

“Mianhae Gi-Kwang, today isn’t the best day.” She bows and says her goodbyes and left the building.

-------

YeonYeon was laying down with a pillow on her couch. Her head pounding from the cold and overthinking too many things.

DING DONG

She got off her seat quickly and ran to the door. MinSeul stood at her door with red eyes.

“Min-ah.” She was scared and surprise to see her friend in that state, “Are you okay?”

“Can I come in? I don’t want halmeoni and halabeoji to see me like this.” YeonYeon nods.

“Yea come in.” MinSeul walked pass her and sat down right on the couch, with her hand on her forehead. YeonYeon sat down right next to her. “What happened?”

“What I didn’t want to happen.” she sighs, “I wanted to graduate without having to go through all this and that is what happens.”

“Queenkas and Kingka?” MinSeul nods, “What happened?”

“JunHyung picked me up for school today and caught everyone’s attention. Before school even started Doo-Joon dragged me out the school and drove off like a mad person; we got into an argument and I walked back to school. When I was close to the school JunHyung came out and saw me. We walk back to the school together. Afterwards I was confronted by the Queenkas about the two guys…then JunHyung told Hyorin that they were never really dating.” She finally looks at YeonYeon, “All hell broke loose and I left.”

“Min, I think JunHyung –ssi like you.” MinSeul was speechless, “Think about it. Every guy would love to be in his shoes right now and date the Queen of Queenkas. Why do you think he will give that up?”

“He is a player…all kingkas are like that.”

“Min…you always said that they judge us by our covers; but you seem to be doing the same.” YeonYeon turns her body to face MinSeul, “I know Doo-Joon and his girlfriend left you with a different mindset but maybe JunHyung is different…give him a chance.”

------

MinSeul Pov

I went home after cooking and talking to Yeonnie. It been a long time since we’ve talk like that without JungHo. Halmeoni was and halabeoji fell asleep by the time I got home. I went to my room after taking a shower. My phone vibrated and I went to look at it. A txt message from JunHyung.

“Are you home?” –  JunHyung

I left my phone on the bed and change my clothes. My phone vibrated again.

“I know you are. Why aren’t you texting me back?

“What do you want?”

“Are you okay?”

“I am texting you so…I should be okay right.”

“Where did you go? When I came home your grandparents said that you hadn’t come home yet.”

“None of your business.”:P

“Why are you looking for me anyways?”

“I was…”

“I don’t know.”

“Worried?”

“Jinjja?”

 

“Are you okay with what happened today?”

“Waeyo?” He didn’t reply for a while.

“How is your head?”

Without thinking I touch my bruise from the car ride with Doo-Joon earlier.

“It still hurts but I am fine.”

“Come outside in a bit.”

“Waeyo?”

“Just come out or I am going to knock on your door.”

“Arraso.”

I put my jacket on and slip my phone into my pocket and went outside quietly. I walked out onto the lawn with the cold wet grass touching my feet. I heard a rustle and turned quickly. JunHyung jumped over the fence and walked towards me.

“What do you want so late at night?” I crossed my hand over my chest, “You know it is a school night, right?” he stood right across from me. He just smirk and without a second to lose he push a strand of my hair away from my face and lean closer to my face. My heart was beating so fast.

“Your bruise isn’t too bad.” He took a step back, “I got just the thing for that.” He smirk and pulled something out from his pocket. “Ta-da.” It was the ointment I gave him.

“My ointment.”

“Ani…it is my ointment.” He walks behind me and pushes me towards the bench on our porch. “sit.” I stood there like an idiot. He sighs and makes me sit. He open the ointment and carefully applied it to my forehead. Our face were so close to each other I could feel his breath hitting my face. I felt my face slight heat up and my heart beat fast. “There. Done.”  He looks at me, “Are you okay MinSeul? Your face is red.”

“Ne.” I stood up quickly, “it getting late you should go and get some sleep.” I was about to turn in when I felt him tug my arm. I looked at him.

“MinSeul…I have something to tell you.”

“Bwoh?” he hesitated to tell me.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow.” He smirks and run back to his house. I walked back inside and to my room. I fell right onto my bed and closed my eyes. I place my hand over my heart and took a huge breath.

Flash

“I know Doo-Joon and his girlfriend left you with a different mindset but maybe JunHyung is different…give him a chance.”

“I know he is different but guys are the same.”

“So you’re saying that all girls are the same?” Yeonnie caught me red handed with a huge smile on her face, “You might never know. JunHyung might be the one.” She chuckles

“Yah! Kim YeonYeon!” I hit her with the pillow and she tries to block with another pillow.

“Yah you hitting me like that does it mean you like him?” I stop and stared at her, “So you do?”

“When did I say that?”

“It is written all over your face.” She teased me. “Someone has finally swept you off your feet.” She was acting so girly at the time I wanted to pinch her cheek.

End

I went to school as usual with Yeonnie who seem much brighter today than the last couple days. I felt glares all around me, but I ignored them. When we got to our lockers there were notices all over them about a school assembly.

“What do you think it is about?” Yeonnie asked as I read the fine print.

“Something about an announcement during break.”

“Maybe someone is trying to ask someone to the end of the school year dance.” JungHo and EunHye walked with her arms around his. “Hi guys.” They both smile.

“YeonYeon- ssi, I heard you weren’t feeling well.” EunHye asked, “Are you okay now?”

“Ne I was just catching a late cold from the water incident at camp but I am feeling better today.”

“That is good to hear.”

“So how to you like it so far?”

“CUBE isn’t as bad as I thought but there is a lot more drama than I imagine.” MinSeul knew she was talking about her, “Hey did you guys want to hang out later?”

“Halmeoni was actually going to have a little BBQ for our new neighbor this afternoon and she wanted me to invite you guys over.” MinSeul said

“That sounds great.” EunHye said, “What time?”

“After school I am going to head home and help her prep.” MinSeul closes her locker door, “You guys are more than welcome to come by and help.”

“Okay.” EunHye smiles, “We’ll be there.”

“Park MinSeul.” They all turn and saw JunHyung walking towards them, “Why didn’t you wait for me?” She just smiles.

“I didn’t tell you to wait for me did I?” she sighs, “Anyways halmeoni wants me to invite you over to our house for a BBQ today after school.”

“That sounds great.”

“How many people are you going to bring?”

“5.”

“Arraso…don’t be late.” She walks to class with YeonYeon following her. JunHyung follows them but get stop.

“JunHyung ssi.” JungHo had a serious facial expression, “What do you plan on doing?”

“What?”

“I notice how you act around her…are you interested in her?” JungHo pulls the big brother phase on JunHyung. “Or are you just playing?”

“JungHo, if that is your question you don’t have to worry about it.” He pats JungHo’s shoulder, “I’m not what you think.” JungHo holds onto his wrist and stares him in the eye.

“That is what they all say before everything goes wrong.” He lets JunHyung’s wrist go, “See ya in class.” He walks away with EunHye.

-------

The day went by without a problem, surprisingly. According to the students, Hyorin was absent. Maybe because of the heartbreak given by JunHyung. MinSeul was on her way out of the school to buy groceries. She walks home and got ready. She went to the back where her grandparents were already putting up little decorations.

“Halmeoni, what else did you need from the st-?” her sentence was stopped halfway by the scene she saw in the yard.

“JunHyung ssi put that up higher.” Halmeoni was telling JunHyung were to place the lanterns. He just smiles and places the lanterns higher. Sometime MinSeul thinks that her grandparents were better off with a grandson instead of her. JunHyung notice MinSeul standing by the entrance.

“MinSeul.” He said with a huge smile and walks over. Her grandmother walks over to her too.

“Why are you home so late? Even JunHyung beat you.”

“I was walking.”

“Ask JunHyung for a ride next time. He has a car.” JunHyung has a ‘I- told – you- so – look’ on his face.

“I-I.” she stutters

“Yeobo, stop teasing her.” Halaboeji interrupted the conversation.

“Arraso…Min, you and JunHyung go and buy all the stuff we need for the BBQ.”

“It okay I can go by myself.” She tries to convince her Halmeoni.

“I’ll go with her Halmeoni.” JunHyung smiles brightly at her.

“You’re such a nice guy.” She pinches his cheeks and pushes both of them through the fence, “Be back soon. Don’t take too long.”

MinSeul just looks at JunHyung who has a poker face now. She just sighs and walked towards the garage.

“Where are you going?” JunHyung asked

“We are taking my car.” She clicks a button on her remote and the garage door opens, revealing her blue sports car. “Kaja.” She got into the driver seat and JunHyung got into the passenger seat.

-----

Doo-Joon was running on his treadmill, as he listen to his ipod.

FlashBack

Doo-Joon and MinSeul were running around in the park together. They both stop to rest on a bench. MinSeul took out her headphone and drunk her water bottle. She offers him a drink and he takes it. He notice the she was changing thee music on her ipod. MinSeul notice him staring and looks at him.

“What are you looking at?”

“Nothing.” She figures out what he was staring at. She wraps her ipod up and out it in his hand. “Waeyo?” he looked surprise, she just smile at him.

“You can have it.”

“Jinjja?”

“Hmm.” She nods, “I can always ask appa to get me another one. Think of this one as a present from me.”

End

“Hyung!” Yoseob and DongWoon walks through the door. “JunHyung asked us to go to a party later.” Doo-Joon stops the treadmill and took out his head phone.

“Where?”

“He said just go to his new place. His neighbors are throwing it for him.”

“Arraso.” He put the ipod in his pants and walks to his room.

“Yoseob,” said DongWoon, “the ipod that hyung has, isn’t it the old version?’

“Yeah.”

“Why do you think he doesn’t get a new one? He has the money for it.” Yoseob just shrug his shoulders.

------

MinSeul and JunHyung got back from the market and was unloading her car. JunHyung grabs the bag from her hand goes walks into the house. MinSeul just smiles and goes into the house after him and walks into the kitchen.

“MinSeul.” YeonYeon was in the kitchen washing the lettuce.

“Yeonnie you’re already here?”

“Ne, I’ve been here for a while actually.”

“Mianhae. I had to go to the store with JunHyung.” YeonYeon just smirks at MinSeul without saying anything, “What is with that smile?”

“Nothing.” She takes the lettuce and places each individual piece nicely on a plate.

“MinSeul-ah.” JunHyung called her from the back door.

“Yah! Who told you that you can call me informally?” She was about to punch his shoulder but he caught her hand. She stared at his flawless face first before pulling her hand away. He put his hands in his pocket.

“Your halmeoni wants you to help her out, I have to go to my house to wait for my friends.”

“Ok.” She said without looking at him, “Don’t be late.” She glares at him before going to help her grandmother. JunHyung watches as she walks away to help her grandmother.

“JunHyung.” grandfather said. He quickly bow towards him, “How old are you JunHyung?”

“18 sir.” JunHyung answer with confident.

“JunHyung, I as a grandfather has seen a change in MinSeul. Don’t you think so too?”

“Bwoh?”

“MinSeul came to live with us when she was 15. Her mother said that it was due to personal problems.” He sighs, “JunHyung you seem like a nice guy; what do you think of MinSeul?”

“Umm…MinSeul is very different sire.” Grandfather gives him a confused look, “Umm…I mean that she isn’t like other girls I’ve met before. As a kingka in our school I am constantly surrounded by girls and MinSeul is very different from those girls. She is very independent and hardworking.”

“Is that why you’re trying to court her?”

“What?” JunHyung face turns red at the question. Grandfather nods and smiles. He pats JunHyung on his shoulders and walks away.

-------

Meanwhile outside of JunHyung house arrives Yoseob, DongWoon and Doo-Joon. They walk to his front porch and rings the bell. No answer.

“Are you sure this is his house?” ask DongWoon

“He text me this address and his car is right there babo.” Yoseob observe the outside of the house, “This doesn’t seem like the place he’ll pick for himself.”

“Whatever he chooses let him be.” Doo-Joon stood with his hands in his pocket. “Are you sure he said be here at four.”

“Ne.” Just then another sport car pull up with HyunSeung and Gi-Kwang.

“Isn’t this…”Gi-Kwang was surprise.

“Park MinSeul’s house.” HyunSeung and he look at each other. “Maybe it is the wrong address.”

“But his car is park right there and Hyung and the others are right there on the porch.” Gi-Kwang puffs his cheeks.

“Why do you think JunHyung choose this place of all places?”

“I don’t know.” Gi-Kwang sees Yoseob waving at him and he waves back. They get out of the car and walked towards the other three. “Where is JunHyung?”

“He said that he’ll be here in a bit.” Said Doo-Joon.

“Yah!” they all jump and saw JunHyung on the neighbors’ lawn, “Ppalli, we are staring in a bit.” They all got off his porch and walked towards the neighbors’ house. Gi-Kwang and HyungSeung just kept quiet and walked in the back.

Doo-Joon and the guys are greeted by grandmother with a huge smile.

“Welcome.” She greeted with a smile, “It nice to meet you all.” She notice Gi-Kwang and HyunSeung in the back. “Oh…it you two again.”

“Hello halmeoni.” They both said

“You guys know her?” ask DongWoon

“They came to look for MinSeul the other week.” Doo-Joon’s ear perks up at the name.

“Who?” they shouted.

 

Preview

“No…it just his friendship with YeonYeon is kind of throwing me off. Did they have any kind of special relationship before?”

“Of course, he is Lee JungHo’s younger cousin.”

 “You know of my three years here you seem to be the only guy eager to find out my past.”

 

“It because of my ex-girlfriend. I caught her cheating behind my back. I broke up with her and then left.”

 

“I think…you would hate me.”

“Why would I hate you?”


Author's Note: Sorry for the long wait. Due to my new working schedule writing and updating mght be delayed. But I promise to finish this story for you guys. It might just take a little longer than usual. Keep reading and leave comments.