Drown in Darkness

A Forgotten Silhouette

            JunHyung felt bad as he walked back towards his cabin. He fell right onto his bed and slept. The next day he was expecting to get yelled at by all of APINK but nothing happened. EunJi was happy like usual. Even when they past each other in the cafeteria she greeted him happily.

            “Shouldn’t she feel sad or something?” he felt guilty as heck. YoSeob walks over and sits next to him.

            “What is wrong?”

            “When you reject someone do you expect them to be happy to see you after a day?”

            “What happened?”

            “I reject EunJi last night, and she as happy as a whistle.”

            “She must have not really like you as much as you think.” He suddenly remembers something, “Did you meet anyone else yesterday?

            “Aniyo…waeyo?”

            “Nothing.” The manager walks by and passes a note to JunHyung. “The seaweed soup taste saltier today.” He spit the soup out.

            “What is this?” JunHyung ask

            “Read it.” The manager looked angry. JunHyung opens the note. He ran out as soon as he read it. Yoseob picked it up and read it.

Sorry if what I did bothered you and upset you. If I knew it then I wouldn’t have done it. If this relationship isn’t what you wanted then we can end it here. I won’t get mad nor ask why or who that person is. I hope you’re happy and make her happy also. Bye Yong JunHyung.

-Park MinSeul

           

            JunHyung ran to the cabin, he saw that it was empty and all her stuff was gone. He ran to the nearest exit. He ran until he saw the bus stop. He saw someone with the same color bag get onto the bus.

            “MinSeul!!!! MIN!!!” the bus began to drive away.

 

JunHyung POV

            I ran after her and she didn’t stop, she didn’t even respond to me. She went on and ignored me. She was here, she was at camp here with me and I didn’t even know it. I was so dumb to not have realize it. I walked back to camp trying to call her but she didn’t answer.

            “JunHyung.” DooJoon walks over to me, “What are you doing here?” I was frustrated.

            “Did you know that MinSeul was here?” He scratched the back of his head, “You knew she was here the whole time?”

            “Hey I found out she was here when I got back.”

            “Why didn’t I see her?”

            “She went out looking for you, so the guys and I went to go look for her. She told me not to tell you.” I sigh, “Why did something happen?”

            “She just left a couple minutes ago leaving me this stupid letter that I didn’t understand.” I pouted, “What the heck did I do?”

            “Did you go to the cabin last night?”

            “Yeah...EunJi left me a note telling me to go there.” I stop, “How did you know that I went to the cabin?”

            “What did you say?” he looked angry

            “Nothing…I just told EunJi what need to be said.”

            “Yah!” he was about to punch me and I flinch, “That was MinSeul’s cabin you BABO!” I felt dumb, “What did you tell her?” I took out my phone and tried to contact her, but no luck. I felt so stupid to have not even realize it was her.

------

            When we got back I went to her home she wasn’t there. Moon told me that she hasn’t contact her either. I returned home and looked up the bus company number.

            “Hello how may I help you?”

            “Hello, I was wondering if you can tell me the route of a specific bus.”

            “Do you know the bus number?”

            “Umm…” he closed his eyes and tried to remember, “1013.”

            “Did you say bus no.1013?” the lady sounded confused

            “Ne.”

            “Sir I’m sorry but that bus is no longer in service?” she sigh, “Are you looking to identify someone?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “That bus went off a cliff just the other day, there were no survivors.” There was silence and I felt my heart drop out of my chest, “The police are currently trying to identify the bodies.”

            My phone fell out of my hand as the tears slip through my eyes. I swung my fist at the wall making a dent. My last words that I said to her should have never been said.

            “I don’t believe it.” I told myself, “She isn’t gone.” I grab my hair, “ANDWAE!” I threw my pillow and kicked my dresser. I started to punch and scream until the guys came into my room. KiKwang grabs me around my chest.

            “JunHyung what the heck are you doing?”

            “Let go of me!” I scream as I tried to get out of his grip.

            “Stop Hyung!” YeSoeb grab my waist help KiKwang. I kicked him off and swung KiKwang off of me. I saw DooJoon outside the door and went and grabbed DooJoon’s collar. All the guys tried to pry me off of him.

            “This is all your fault.” I hate him so much I could kill him.

            “JunHyung stop it.” DongWoon tried to remove my finger, “If you have a problem with DooJoon Hyung talk it out. It doesn’t have to end with fighting.” I punched him onto the floor and grabbed his collar while hovering over him.

            “It all your fault.” My knuckles became white, “She is gone.” I still didn’t want to believe it, “MinSeul is never coming back and this is all because you.” The tears filled eyes and I slowly let go of his collar.

            “Bwoh?” DooJoon was shocked as much as the other guys were. I back away until my back hit a wall.

            “MinSeul is dead.” I was trembling, “The bus she left in ran off a cliff. There were no survivors.” I sled down the wall and sat on the floor, “MinSeul is gone.” I cried like a baby not knowing what to do. My heart hurt so bad that all I could do was laugh in disbelief that she was really gone. I didn’t want anyone to comfort me, because if it hurts enough maybe I’ll forget for a little while.

            The guys were silent; DooJoon stay quiet not knowing what to do. He was lost at words as a tear slip down the side of his face. There was nothing to be said at this point. We mourn for how long I didn’t even know.

            I grabbed all the booze that were in the fridge and drunk each one by one. No one stop me, actually no one could. My knuckles were bloody from me punching the wall, my eyes red from all crying that I did and my chest bruise from hitting myself. I don’t remember how many days I was in my room but I was woken up by pounding on the door. I woke up with a headache, but that didn’t stop me from thinking about MinSeul. I sat on the floor at the end of my bed as the tears came out on it own. I got up and open the door to the hallway. I took a couple of steps and look up. I saw MinSeul standing there in front of me. As I walked closer to her I thought I was dreaming. She was dead.

            “Is it really you?” I touched her face with my hands, “Is it really you?” the warmth of her body reassured me that it wasn’t a dream and that I wasn’t hallucinating, “It is you.” I pulled her into a hug and cried, “I’m so sorry.”

 -----

A Couple Days Earlier

            MinSeul sat with her mother at her book signing. She was just motionless as she greet the costumers. Her mother notice her expression.

            “Min.” she looks at her mother, “Are you okay?”

            “I want to ask you something?”

            “What?”

            “Cancel the engagement.”

            “What is wrong?” her mother was surprise, “Weren’t you guys happy about this?”

            “Umma…please.” She bows, “I want you to stop this. It makes no difference anymore. A marriage without love is nothing but a contract. I don’t want to get hurt again I don’t want to get involve with any other marriages after this.”

            “Min did you even ask him what was going on?”

            “He told me clearly yesterday.” MinSeul tried to hold back his tears, “He has someone else in his heart. I can’t love someone like that.” She gets up, “I hope you understand. I don’t care if you and appa disowns me for this. It isn’t like you guys haven’t done it before. Goodbye umma.”

            “Where are you going?”

            “I’m going to be gone for a couple of days. Don’t worry about calling me.”

 

            MinSeul went to see her grandparents enjoying her past. She tend to her grandparents’ garden and walked around the beautiful scenery she missed so much. She turned off her phone and left it in her dresser.

            “Min.”

            “Yeonnie.”

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I’m taking some time off.” She smiles, “What about you?”

            “Prepping for the wedding. So stressful.” She smiles, “Want to help?”

            “Sure.” They went to YeonYeon’s house to make center pieces and mini décor.

            “Are you excited about your engagement?” MinSeul stops for a sec before continuing.

            “I called it off.”

            “Bwoh?” YeonYeon was shocked, “Waeyo?” she put the strings down.

            “He has someone else.” The tears began to fill her eyes

            “Min.” she pats her friend’s back

            “Mianhae Yeonnie.” She wipes her tears, “Relationship aren’t meant for me.” JungHo walks in with the newspaper in his hand.

            “Yeonnie have you seen the pape-.” He stop mid-sentence, “MinSeul you’re here.” He hid the paper behind his back.

            “Hello oppa.” She smiles.

            “What about the paper?” asked YeonYeon

            “What?” he took out the paper from behind him, “This…it is nothing. I just wanted to show you an article, I’ll show you later.” He smiles, “Have fun you two.” He walks into the other room and holds the paper in front of him, “I need to discard of you properly.”

            MinSeul and went back to her grandparents’ home after finishing up the decoration. She tended to the flowers again. She saw her grandmother throwing something away.

            “Hal-oemoni.” Her grandmother jumps, “What are you throwing away?”

            “Just some old paper and trash.” Her grandmother closes the lid, “Why are you up so late?”

            “I’m tending the flowers and the other plants.”

            “Oh.” She nods, “Get some sleep don’t stay up too late. Since you’re leaving in the morning. Arraso.”

-------

            MinSeul went and visited HaNeul’s grave before leaving back home. She got home around the afternoon and decided to visit her shop. Moon was in the back making arrangements. MinSeul went to the computer behind the desk and checked her emails. She went to the search engine and types in B2ST and the first thing that pops out was a news article about JunHyung. She clicks on it and a picture pops up of JunHyung kissing someone. MinSeul quickly closes the page down and got out of the shop.

            She headed over to the guys’ apartment. She knocks on the door as hard as she could. DongWoon opens the door with red eyes. Her anger left her at that moment when she saw him.

            “Min.” she walks in through the door. His face surprised her. DooJoon stood up as soon as he saw her. His face was bruised up.  The place was a mess, all the guys looked lost and hurt.

            “DooJoon.” He looked so happy to see her, “What wrong?”

            “Min,” he said it quietly, “MinSeul.” He hugs her, “We thought we lost you.”

            “What are you talking about?”

            “JunHyung saw you get on a bus when you left camp. When we got back yesterday he tried calling you but you didn’t answer. We saw on the news that the bus had fell off a cliff; the police are still recovering the bodies. JunHyung said that it was the bus you got on and went crazy.” The door in the hallway opens. MinSeul looks over and see JunHyung. He was in such a mess. His hair was undone and knuckles were bloody. He looks up at MinSeul and his eye became wide. He walks towards her.

            “Is it really you?” He raises his bloody hand to touch her face, “Is it really you?” The tears filled his eyes as his hand touch her warm cheek. “It is you.” He let out his tears and hug her tight.

 

Author POV

            After helping the guys clean up MinSeul went and helped JunHyung bandage his hands. She didn’t speak a word neither did he, he just kept on staring at her not knowing if it really was real or not. She was still upset about the scandal, but she didn’t know how to bring it up. She puts tape on his bandages to make sure that it stayed in place. She places his hand on his lap, she grabs her purse before getting up. JunHyung grabs her wrist.

            “Where are you going?” he didn’t want her to leave. She was hurt and she didn’t know how to put everything in words. The best was to ignore and leave it alone. She pulls her wrist from his hand and walks towards the door. His reflex were quick; he stood by the door not letting her past, “Min…those words I never meant to say them, not to you at least.” She didn’t look up at him.

            “JunHyung, please step aside.”

            “No, not this time.”

            “JunHyung.” she sighs, “please get out of my way.”

            “Wae?” His voice trembled, “Not even two hours ago I thought you were dead. You didn’t answer my call or my text. Do you know how hurt I was? How scared? Now you’re here and you want to leave.”

            “Jun…please.” Her voice tremble, “I don’t want to be here right now.”

            “Why? I’m your fiancé.” His voice was stern, “Why don’t you want to be with me?”

            “Because I don’t know if I can stand it any longer.” She finally looks up at him, “Your anti-fans, your idol life, your…your scandals.” She stares at him with tear-filled eyes. “Being in a relationship with you hasn’t been easy.” She forced a laugh, “I love you I really do but I don’t know if I can help getting hurt like this.”

            “Min…I promise you that I would protect you.”

            “Words can only take you so far.” She smirks, “I already told my parents to cancel the engagement.” He was in disbelief, “I hope you can do the same. Please let me go, if you love me you’ll let me go.” He looks into her eyes. She was filled with pain but so were his. Losing each other again wasn’t an option for him.

            “If I let you go I’ll be in pain.” She wipes his tears with her hand.

            “Who said I won’t hurt either?” she was able to open the door, “Bye JunHyung. Keep working hard.” She slips out his bedroom door.

            He stood there with thoughts flying through his head. The memories of when MinSeul left the first time. How heartbroken he was and how he wasn’t still able to let her go. The smiles and happy memories they shared together as teenagers and as adults. She was everything to him the reason he was able to keep moving on and reaching his goal. He hears the front door close and that knocks him back to reality.

            “Andwae,” he said to himself. He ran out the apartment and down the stairs, “I’m not losing you this time. I promise that I would protect you and I will.” He ran out the building and saw MinSeul crossing the street. From the side he saw a motorcycle speeding towards her, “MINSEUL!” she stops and looks towards the voice.

            “JunHyung.” She looks at him and stops herself,

            “MinSeul andwaeyo.” The motorcycle zooms past her. She sees the relief look on JunHyung’s face,

            “You can’t keep doing this to yourself.” She turns around and runs away. Every time he called her name she wanted to turn around but she couldn’t.

            “MinSeul.” JunHyung’s pace sped up but he got stop by the traffic, “Park MinSeul.” He saw her getting into her car and driving off. He ran after her car while screaming out her name. She saw him in her side view mirror. Her tears kept falling as she drove off. He trips over himself and falls, he watched as her car disappear in the distance. He rolls onto his back and let the tear slip down the side of his face. “AHHHH!” he scream in pain, “WAEYO!” He cover his eyes and laid on the cold concrete road.

-----

            MinSeul parked her car in front of the Han River. She cried her heart out, the pain was unbearable. She could barely breathe in between. She hit herself on the chest, “Mianhae JunHyung-a… would it have been better if I was on that bus?” After calming down a bit she opens the door and drags herself to the shore of the Han River. She stepped in knee deep before falling onto her knees letting the ice cold water cover her. “HaNeul, bogoshipda. Umma hurt your appa again.” She starts to go down lower, “I love you JunHyung.”

            “HEY!” she heard a distant voice but didn’t care, “Yah what are you doing?” She emerge herself into the water and stared at the blue moon. She closed her eyes letting the darkness consume her. She felt some one drag her out of the water. She opens her eyes and sees a black figure. “MinSeul!” the figure kept calling out her name, “Don’t close your eyes. MinSeul keep them open.” She blackout again.

------

            After calming himself down, he drove to her house and unlocked it with the code she gave him.

            “MinSeul, we need to talk!” he opens the door to an empty house, “MinSeul!” he searched her whole house and no one was there. He ran outside and her car wasn’t there either. He got into his car and drove to her shop. It was closed. “Where are you?”

-----

            JungHo, YeonYeon and Moon sat in her living room. The tea was set on the small table on the floor. Everyone was nervous and no one knew what to do. In another room MinSeul was sound asleep in dry clothes.

            “Thank Moon.” Yeonnie bit her lip, “If you hadn’t of let us know we would have never found her.”

            “Aniyo…It is my fault that she is in this condition.” Moon had a worried look on her face.

            “Don’t blame yourself.” JungHo reassured her, “MinSeul does things like this once in a while.” He sighs, “Remember when you found her in the back room of her shop…if you hadn’t she probably wouldn’t be here today.”

            “I’m just glad she is safe.”

            “How did you know where to find her?” ask Yeonnie

            “The car she drives is the car we use to deliver to events. She put a GPS on it so when could see where we are in case we get lost.” She looks over to the next room, “I just never expected her to be like that.”

            “Don’t think wrong of her. She is just hurt.” JungHo sighs, “Even now with JunHyung scandal I don’t blame her for doing what she was doing but that was too overboard.”

            “Scandal?” Moon seem surprised, “What scandal?”

            “You don’t know?” Yeonnie was surprise. Moon shook her head, “This past weekend during their company’s training camp JunHyung was caught kissing a girl. No one knows who she is but everyone says she either a rookie or a newly debuted group.” She sighs, “Min must have been devastated.”

            “I feel so sorry for her. By the same guy too.”

            “Now everyone is saying that because it was arrange that is the reason he did that.”

            MinSeul was awake on the bed listening to every word. Her heartbeat was irregular but that pain didn’t bother her as much. The tear slip down the side of her eye. No words could express what she was going through. Everything hurt so badly. She loved him, but was it worth it?