Life in a Second

A Forgotten Silhouette

“Omo…JinHyuk-oppa.”

            “You look surprise to see me.”

            “Ani…it just I wasn’t expecting you to be here.” She observes him, “Did you need something?”

            “I wanted to drop this off…since I know you don’t know how to eat well when you get sick.” He hands her the bag.

            “Thanks…why don-.” She got cut off mid-sentence.

            “Who is it MinSeul?” Moon walks over. She was awe struck by the handsome Asian man that stood in front of her “Oh…bonjour.” Moon had a huge smile on her face.

            “Annyeonghaseyo.” Moon was surprised,     

            “Omo…annyeonghaseyo.” Moon greeted him again, “You’re Korean?” He smiles and it melts her.

            “JinHyuk-oppa this is Moon.”

            “Ahh…the one that took over your flower shop.”

            “Moon this is JinHyuk…my doctor and friend.” Moon was blushing red, “Oppa, why don’t you come and join us for some lunch.”

            “Ani…I don’t want to interrupt your time with your friend. It must have a been a long flight and very costly. Enjoy your time together.” MinSeul give him a hug. Moon was so shocked.

            “Thanks for the food. Drive home safely, arraso?”

            “I will. Get some rest.” He pats her head and leaves. MinSeul and Moon re-enters her apartment. MinSeul notice the daze Moon that stood next to her.

            “Moon…Moon..” she hits Moon’s arm, “Moon.”     

            “Yes?”

            “Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine.” MinSeul smirked because she knew that Moon had been caught with JinHyuk’s ‘Heavenly Smile’

            “Yah…you better wipe that smile off of your face if you don’t want DooJoon to know.” She stops smiling automatically. MinSeul went and place the food on the island counter. The guys turned around and looked at the bag MinSeul put on the table.

            “What is that?” ask DooJoon

            “My friend brought it over.” Said MinSeul as she took out the things one by one.

            “Chingu?” JunHyung asked

            “Ne.”

            “Yoja or NamJa?”

            “Namja.”

            “He was so daebak.” Said Moon, DooJoon stared at her so quick, “B-but not as daebak as you.” She pinched DooJoon’s cheek. MinSeul smiled at the dorky couple. She places the food in the fridge.

            “Is there nothing going on between the two of you?” JunHyung asked quietly. She stared at him, “What?”

            “He is my doctor and friend that is all.” MinSeul closed the fridge door, grabbed Moon’s arm and walks back to the living room.

 

            After dinner the guys returned to their hotel while Moon unpacked her things into MinSeul’s room. MinSeul walked in and fell right onto her bed. Moon had got done taking a shower and was drying her hair. Moon turns around and looks at her.

            “MinSeul-unnie.”

            “Yes?”

            “So what is JinHyuk-ssi like?” MinSeul sits up and looks at Moon

            “Waeyo?”

            “No reason.”

            “You better not think about leaving DooJoon, that boy loves you.”

            “I know…I was just asking.”

            “Are you and DooJoon okay?”

            “We…we’re doing fine…it just…I didn’t realize how hard it was.” MinSeul pats the spot next to her and Moon walks over and sat next to her.

            “What going on?” Moon didn’t answer, “Is he messing with you?”

            “Aniyo…DooJoon is great it is just…the criticism and the fans.” She sighs, “I don’t know how you did it.” MinSeul pats Moon’s back.

            “I didn’t…I couldn’t but you are…DooJoon loves you very much.” Moon sighs and lays down on the bed.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            JinHyuk was in his office looking through his patient’s file. A nurse walks in with a clip board. JinHyuk looks up and the nurse hands him a file.

            “Here is the file on MinSeul.”

            “Thank you.” JinHyuk looked it over and read every little detail, “I guess your time here is done.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

MinSeul and Moon walks to CUBE. MinSeul walks into her office and everyone was glad to see her. Nick ran up to her and hugged her.

            “Oh my goodness girl.” He let her go and looks at her, “You had me so worried…you looked terrible when you left her. You actually aren’t even supposed to be here.”

            “I know.” MinSeul smiles, “I just want to show my friend Moon here where I worked and then we are off to a relaxing day in Paris.” Everyone greeted and Moon and went back to work.

           

            The girls walked towards the stages, everyone greeted each other as they went by. Moon was so intrigued with everything that she could barely keep up with MinSeul.

            “Moon ppalli.” Moon runs to catch up to MinSeul, “Why are you so far behind?”

            “It is just this building is so much different than the one in Korea. It so beautiful.” As they got closer to the stage the music got louder, “Unnie, what is going on in there?” MinSeul listened to the music.

            “Sounds like APink is practicing. Did you want to take a look?” Moon nods and they both enter backstage. Everyone was running around making sure everything was okay. The girls were finishing up the stage practice and taking a break.

            “Wow…they are all so pretty.”

            “They are, aren’t they?” MinSeul looks at Moon. Her facial expression saddens a little,
“Are you okay?”

            “Ne…let get to your room and get going on that Paris tour.”

 

            MinSeul and Moon went to different bakeries, café, and store to try and out and different food and looked at the different accessories. When they got out from the store the sun was already setting.

            “Let’s get to the mall before everything closes.”

            “It is just over there so we can walk.” The girls walked through out the town. The light was and the streets were lit up beautifully.

            “Daebak.” Moon’s eyes glowed, “It so pretty, everything here is so pretty, so…romantic.”

            “It is the city of love.” MinSeul observes the scenery, “Anyone can fall in love…well almost anyone.”

            “MinSeul…” Moon’s smile faded, “Do you think that DooJoon and I will stay together like we promised?”

            “Waeyo?”

            “It just before DooJoon left on the tour…we got into an argument. I know we were all lovey dovey and smiles, but I just feel like I was losing him.”

            “Yah! Is that why you were so upset?” she nods, “Moon…everyone gets into some quarrel all the time. It nothing out of the ordinary.” She wraps her arm around Moon, “Plus if you don’t argue at all then wouldn’t you call this relationship fake?”

            “Yah.”

            “I’m just kidding.” She hugs Moon, “Let’s get going before they close.” As they walk to the mall a light behind them blew out. They all coward down to the floor.

            “What was that?”

            “I don’t know.”

            BANG!

            A gun shot was heard and several after that. The screams of people mixed in with the sound of guns firing. MinSeul and Moon laid close to the ground with their hearts pounding from being scared to death.

            A man drops dead right next to MinSeul and Moon and the girls freaks out. MinSeul holds Moon’s hand, both with tears in their eyes.

            “It is going to be okay.”

            The girls held tight to each other as chaos happened all over them.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            DooJoon kept looking at his phone as they rested in their hotel. He couldn’t help but felt nervous and anxious.

            “Hyung.” Yoesob sat down next to him, “You okay? You look distracted.”

            “It just I am waiting for Moon to text me. She told me that she would text me after our schedule and I told her we were done by six o’clock.”

            “And?”

            “It is already 6:45 and she hasn’t texted of called me.”

            “Hey it been two years since she seen MinSeul, she probably just having too much fun with her.”

            “Moon isn’t that type of person, she sticks to what she says.” He sighs.

            “Hyung just calm down…give til seven and if she doesn’t answer than we can start to worry.”

            DongWoon walks in with freshly was hair and the other guys walking into the room. DongWoon turns on the TV and flips through the channel. “Whoa.” DongWoon stops flipping through the channels

            “What?”

            “There was a shooting near the mall and other places.”

            “What!” DooJoon stood up quickly and grabs his wallet, “I have to go.”

            “Hyung where are you going?”

            “DooJoon.” JunHyung stops the terrified man, “What is wrong?”

            “Moon…Moon…” DooJoon couldn’t stop shaking, “Moon and MinSeul went to go shopping near that area.”

 

            The guys got out of the taxi and saw the police’s blockade not too far away from the shooting. They ran there a but was stop some officers.

            “I’m sorry sir but you can’t enter the premises.”

            “My girlfriend might be in there.” DooJoon struggles through, “Let me through.”

“I’m sorry sir but you can’t. There are too many causalities, we are trying to prevent more from happening.” The officer was getting more annoyed, “If you continue to struggle I’m going to have to restrain you for your own good.”

“DooJoon calm down.” Said JunHyung, “Nothing is going to happen to them.” The guys backed down but DooJoon couldn’t keep still. As they sat and waited paramedics and firefighters went to the scene.

DooJoon couldn’t take it anymore and ran into the scene passing all the officers. “Moon-ah…Moon-ah!”

“Hyung,” The guys ran after him.

DooJoon shouted her name looking for her amongst the crowd, “Moon-ah!” he looked high and low but he couldn’t find her. Every second he couldn’t find her he felt like his heart was going to burst. “Moon-ah!” he spies someone with the same frame near an ambulance. “Moon-ah!” he ran there.

Moon had a bandage on her arm and blanket covering her. She looked petrified as soon as she made eye contact with DooJoon she cried. “DooJoon-oppa.” She ran to him and hugs him.

“Moon.” He has never felt such burden lift off his shoulder, “Are you okay?” he looks at her and she shakes her head, “I’m here now.” she begins to cry.

            The boys ran to them and saw the couple hugging each other closely. JunHyung was glad that Moon was safe but what about MinSeul? He walked over to Moon, “Where is MinSeul? Is she okay?”

            “MinSeul…unnie.” She stuttered with tears in her eyes, “Unnie was taken to the hospital after getting hit by a bullet. I wanted to go with her but they were only transferring badly injured people to the hospital.”

            JunHyung ran back towards the exit.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            JunHyung reach the hospital with almost no more oxygen left in his body. He was breathing hard but he wouldn’t stop until he saw MinSeul. It was filled with so many people but he didn’t care. He ran to the desk and was told that MinSeul was still in the ER area. He ran and found MinSeul sitting on the bed hugging herself. She had a bandage on her arm and a bandage wrapped around her head. Her face had a couple scratches from broken glass. He slowly approaches her.

            “MinSeul.” She covered her ears and shut her eyes closed. He sat down next to her trying to calm her down, “Min it is me.” She was still scared, “Min it is me…it is me.” He got down in front of her, “Min it is me, JunHyung.” she opens her eye, “It is me JunHyung.” her eyes fill up with tears.

            “JunHyung?” she asked with a small voice and he nodded, “JunHyung,” she hugs him and cries, “I was so scared, I saw people dying in front of me and all I could think of was how scared I was of dying and never seeing you again.” She was so much that she couldn’t stop, “I thought…I thought I was going to die.” He embraced her more.

            “It is okay now…I got you.” He placed his head on top of her head, “I won’t let anything happen to you.”

 

            MinSeul fell asleep crying but she wouldn’t let him go easily. He didn’t really want to let her go anyways. They both laid down on the hospital bed and he watched her sleep. He didn’t know what to do…he had failed to protect her again. He wiped the tear that fell from her eye and sigh.

            “If I was to lose you today…I don’t know what I would have done.” He felt his heart shake, “I don’t know what anyone of us would have done.” He slowly got up and kissed her forehead, “I’ll be back.”

            He walked up to the desk and wanted to talk to a doctor and the nurse told him that due to the large amount of patients there wasn’t going to be a doctor that would be able to talk to him anytime soon.

            “My girlfriend, has been in that room for almost three hours and you’re telling me that she can’t be seen.”

            “Your girlfriend has been seen, and she is lucky to be one of the critically injured we have here. All she got was scratches and a flesh wound to the arm. She will be fine. But the fact that she could into is why she is still here.” The nurse calmed herself down, “If you don’t mind please either return to the room or go home.”

            JunHyung walked back to the room and a male doctor stood next to her bed. “Excuse me.” The doctor turns around, “Are you the doctor in charge of her?”

            “Yes,” JinHyuk looks at him, “I am Dr. Choi, and you are?”

            “Yong JunHyung…I’m her boyfriend.” JinHyuk felt fury in his chest, “So is she going to be okay.”

            “If you are Ms. Park’s boyfriend you should know that I’m her doctor when she comes here.” He tries his best not to punch the guy in his face, “I personally take care of her checkup and physicals. It nice to finally meet her boyfriend.”

            “You are telling me this because?”

            “I guess you don’t know.”

            “Know what?”

            “If you don’t know than it is better kept that way.” JinHyuk smiles, “But her condition right now is okay. When she wakes up have a nurse come check her blood pressure and pulse; if they give the okay she can be discharge.” He was about to walk out but stops and stares at him, “Don’t let her get too stress, and don’t let her hurt or you’ll be hearing from me.” He walks out of the room and goes and check on other patients. JunHyung stares at him weirdly.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            JunHyung took MinSeul home. When they got to her apartment the guys and Moon were already there. As soon as Moon saw MinSeul she ran to her and hugged her.

            “UNNIE!” she cried, “I was so scared – I thought I would never see you again.” MinSeul’s tear gleamed.

            “It okay now Moon.” She smiles with tears, “Everything is going to be okay now. We are both alive and here right?” she reassures the younger girl, “Stop crying.” She wipes her tears and Moon’s.

            “DooJoon- hyung was so worried about you he almost ran out the house without his shoes.” Said Yoseob, “JunHyung- hyung too, almost got hit by a car.”

            “Yoseob!” the guys yelled

            “It is the truth,” the girls laughed a little. The girls sat down and the guys surrounded them. “So what happened?”

            “Yoseob-hyung.” DongWoon taps him.

            “It is okay.” Said MinSeul, “Nothing really did happen it just that everything happened so fast.” She sighs, “We were just leaving store and heading to the mall by foot, suddenly a light behind us went out. We just thought that maybe it blew out but then it was followed by a gunshot and several more gun shots. Moon and I got down and laid on the ground. We were both scared and didn’t know what to do.” MinSeul began to shake a little, “Broken glasses could be heard with screams of people around us and alarms going off. The glass window of the store broke and pieces fell scraping me and Moon. I left my head up and looked around making sure it was okay for us to move. I saw an alley were we could hide. When the coast was clear I took Moon’s hand and head there. We were almost there when I heard the sound of a gun and next thing I know I hit my head on the brick wall and I felt a surging pain from my arm. Moon started crying…I don’t know how long we were in that alley before we heard sirens. Moon got up and started to cry for help and a paramedic came and saw me. And pretty much what happened afterwards you guys can guess.”

            “Unnie…why don’t you tell them the real story.” The guys looked at them confused, “The real reason why unnie got hurt was because of me.”

            “Moon.” Minseul shook her head.

            “I got scared and ran off to hide.” She started crying, “Unnie chased me and got hit.”

            “Moon everything is okay; I’m here aren’t I?”

            “But we could have loss you in that second.”

            “But you didn’t.” she calmed Moon down, “I’m going to be here by your side until my hair turns white and skin become wrinkled.” She hugs her, "That is what unnies are for. We protect the  younger ones."

            “We’re just glad that both of you are safe.” DooJoon takes Moon away and hugs her, “I don’t know what would have happened if I lost you.” MinSeul smiles at the two. Everyone was happy and relieve.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            MinSeul sat down at the island with a cup of tea in her hand. Everyone was in her living room playing games and trying to get Moon’s mind of the incident. MinSeul stir the tea with her spoon, daydreaming. JunHyung walks into the kitchen with new wrappings for her injuries. He sits next to her without disturbing her.

            “Should I go back?” he froze at her question, “Should I go back to Seoul?”