Confused

A Forgotten Silhouette

            JunHyung and MinSeul took a walk in the park together; they both had their heads covered and sunglasses on.

            “So,” MinSeul broke the awkward silence, “What have you been up to?”

            “Nothing much,” he sighs, “who knew being an idol was so much work. Barely get any rest or time to yourself. I’m glad I got today off though.”

            “Waeyo?”

            “I get to hang out with you and catch up.” He sighs, “Seven years of it.”

            “That is going to be a long talk.” They both talk for a while but got into his car after feeling like people were looking at them. They headed to a café and had tea together. MinSeul places the teas down on the table and sits across from him.

            “Min,” she looks at him, “Why are you dressed like that?” MinSeul looks at her outfit. She wore a thin black hoodie, with blues jean and black sneakers along with a pair of sunglasses.

            “Oh, I wasn’t sure where you were taking me so I dressed up not to expose too much to the public.” She smiles, “I don’t want you to get caught either.”  She took a sip of her tea. JunHyung smirks at her while taking a sip of his drink.

            “So how did tough MinSeul became a lovely owner of the beautiful flower shop?” she lean back into the chair with her hands wrapped warmly around the cup.

            “I didn’t want to go into business with my parents, so I opened up my own shop after coming back from China.” She smirks with a sigh, “It was hard at first but I got the hang of it. Got a lot of advertising done and people started to come in.” She plays with her cup, “So how did you go from kingka to idol?” JunHyung smiles and scratch his head, “Bwoh?”

            “Would you believe me if I said it was because of you.”

            “Ani.” She took another sip not taking her eyes off of him. He had a serious expression.

            “It was because of you.”

            “Waeyo?” he was about to say something and then stops. He looks at her and chuckles, “Bwohya?” she was getting annoyed.

            “I thought I would never be able to see you again.” He sighs, “So I thought with my looks maybe I can become an idol or a model…and maybe you’ll notice me. But when we debut four years ago you didn’t even notice. We even went to China and not a single peep from you.” There was an awkward silence.

            “I came back to Gangnam three years ago and started my flower shop two years ago.” She took a sip of her tea, “I wasn’t really into social media so I would have never notice.” She looks at him, “Why would you even look for me?”

            “To explain myself and NaEun.”

            “There is no need to explain, I found out myself. I understand everything.” she smiles, “I know that you are very sorry, but the past is the past.”

            “So are we okay?

            “Ne…but no more secrets.” She had her right pinky out

            “Arraso, no more secrets.” He crossed his pinky with hers.

Click click click

            MinSeul went home and couldn’t help but smile to herself. JunHyung was in the same situation. They went out to lunch, bike riding, talks some more, exchange numbers and he dropped MinSeul off at her apartment. Almost like a date…it was basically a date.

            “I’m glad I got to finally see you again.” JunHyung hugs his pillow happily.

------

            The guys returned to the studio the next day. Everyone was sad that their small vacation ended so quickly, especially after seeing MinSeul again. Everyone wanted to catch up and hangout together but that was impossible. They all walk into the dance room in orderly fashion. They were either in a t-shirt or tank wearing sweats or shorts.

            “Huh?” Yeosob picked up three different bouquet of roses from the bench; yellow, red and pink, “Who are these for?” they all came over and saw the roses. The red one had HyunSeung’s name on it, the pink one had DongWoon’s and the last one just said B2ST.

            “Those red ones must be from Hyuna.” Said DooJoon. He passed them to HyungSeung, then he picked up the pink one, “Who are these from?” DongWoon snatched them from him.

            “No one you need to worry about.” He walks away. They all were surprise at their maknae’s reaction. JunHyung picks up the yellow roses. He observes the wrapping and the quality.

            “They’re all from MinSeul’s shop.” JunHyung reads the back of the tag, “Good Luck on your comeback, sign MinSeul.”

            “Min actually sent us some flowers.” Yeosob took the flowers from JunHyung and smells them, “They smell so nice…” he smiles again, “Now I can really work better.” He carries it away. DooJoon walks over to JunHyung.

            “Are those really from MinSeul’s shop?”

            “Yeah, I recognize the ribbons and the wrapper. She picks only eco-friendly wrappers and ribbons, but she makes sure that they’re still stylish.” He smiles at DooJoon, “Let’s go practice.”

------

            MinSeul walks into her mother’s office with a pot of lilies of the valley. Her mother was in the middle of writing a story. She looks up at her daughter. Ever since coming back from China MinSeul tried to patch up her relationship with her parents. Losing HaNeul gave her a little intake on what being a parent felt like.

            “Umma, how are you?” she sits in the seat across from her mother.

            “Well.” She smiles at MinSeul, “How is the shop doing?”

            “Business is constant put it is picking up.” She places the pot on her mother’s desk, “These are for you.” Her mother looked touch, “Appa told me that you liked these flowers and that they help you calm your mind so I decided to buy some for you.”

            “Thank you.” Her mother admires the flowers.

            “Umma, you said that you had something to ask me?”

            “Oh, ne.” she gets out of her seat and walks over to her drawer and takes out an envelope and sets it in front of MinSeul.

            “What are these?” She looks at the very decorative envelope with Cube’s logo on it.

            “I won’t be able attended Cube’s celebration so I wanted you to go and represent me instead.”

            “Umma…why can’t you and appa go?” She whines a bit.

            “I can’t go because it is getting close to my deadline. Plus, I don’t trust your appa going alone.”

            “Umma.” She whines, “Abeoji and I aren’t on best terms.”

            “All the better reason for you to go.” Her mother smiles, “Go, your appa has been complaining to me on how much you haven’t talked to him.” her mother continue writing, “He wants to spend time with you before you get married or something like that.”

            “I’m not leaving you two any time soon.”

            “Min, your appa and I only have you. We regretted that we didn’t have more but what can we do now? You are you father’s only child and his one happiness. If anything was to happen to you I think he’ll rather die first that see anything happen to you.”      

            “Arraso.” MinSeul slips the tickets in her bag, “I’ll go but make sure appa doesn’t embarrass me please.”

            “When has he ever done that?”

            “Every time.” She walks over and a hugs her mom, “Okay I got to leave so don’t work too hard, arraso?” her mother just nods, “Arraso?” her mother chuckles

            “Arraso.” MinSeul kisses her mother’s cheek and walks out the office she feels her phone vibrate. “Hello?”

            “MinSeul-a.”

            “JunHyung,” her heart felt like it lit up, “did you need something?”

            “Where are you?”

            “I’m leaving my mother’s office, waeyo?”

            “Can you come meet me?”

            “Where?”

            “The company, my company.”

            “Would that be okay?” MinSeul walks to the parking lot, “What about the people in your company?”

            “Meet me in parking lot then…I got something for you.”

            MinSeul walks to her car and drives off. She is followed by someone but doesn’t pay attention. She parks into Cube’s parking lot and takes out her phone to text JunHyung.

I’m here.

I’ll be right there.

            MinSeul put her phone down and waits in her car quietly while tapping her steering wheel. A knock is heard from the passenger window. JunHyung had his hood over his head and smiles at MinSeul. She unlocks the door and JunHyung opens and sit in the car.

            “So why did you want me to come?” she asks. JunHyung smirks,

            “Oh…I wanted to thank you for the flowers earlier, the guys are very touched especially Yeosob. He won’t let go of them.” She smiles

            “That is why you called me out all the way here for?”

            “Ani…I actually wanted to…,” he looks at her in the eyes, “I wanted to see you,” MinSeul felt her face burn up as he got closer to her.

            “Stop messing around…this isn’t the time and place.” She pushes him back, “What is the real reason you asked me to come? What do you have for me?” he sighs

            “This weekend is our company’s party and I wanted to invite you as a friend to help us out.” He hands her the invitation. She looks at it and decides to play a trick on him.

            “This weekend?”

            “Yea, it going to be a gathering of big companies and small and you’ll probably meet other idols and actresses too.”

            “Mianhae.” JunHyung’s smiles fades, “I can’t make it.”

            “Waeyo?”

            “I had another things planned.” She hands him the tickets back, “Jjinja mianhae.”

            “It is okay.” He puts the ticket in his pocket, “I should have asked you earlier.” He sighs, “Maybe next time.” He pout and MinSeul pinches his cheeks, “Ahh, what was that for?”

            “Are you really getting upset because I’m not coming?”

            “A-aniyo.”

            “Liar.” She smirks, “You are.”

            “Why would I be upset?” he denies it, “what right do I have to be upset?” he pouts

            “Stop lying and get your head on straight.” She sighs, “If I come then I’ll come and if I don’t then I don’t. You can’t expect everyone to always appear.” He grabs MinSeul’s hand surprising her. “What wrong?”

            “I really hope you can come.” He smiles. He brings her hand up to his lips and kiss it, “Bye.” He left MinSeul dumbfounded as he went back into the company. MinSeul touched the back of her hand in a daze before driving back to the shop.

-------

            JunHyung went to his dorm and saw his parent’s car outside. He went to his parent’s driver and asked him what they were doing at the dorm. The driver didn’t know except that his mother said it was urgent. He quickly went inside and was greeted by his mother and another woman around her age. s were nowhere to be seen.

            “Adul.” He mother looked at him

            “Umma,” he walks to the small living room he slightly bow to the other woman, “what are you doing here this late?”

            “I have something to talk to you about?”

            “What is it?” his mother pats the sit next to her and he walks over and sits on it, “What do you want to tell me?”

            “Adul, now don’t get mad at me for doing this but…I’ve arrange for you to be engaged with someone.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “Don’t worry…I’ve been investigating her and she is a nice girl. This is her mother and we both agree that you two have come to age and need to get married.”

            “umma.”

            “No buts, this will be announced at your company’s party this weekend.”

            “How do you expect me to marry someone I don’t love?”

            “You’ll learn to love her.” He looks at the other woman all she did was smile and looked at him.

--------

            MinSeul walks to her closet and looks through all her clothes, she couldn’t find anything suitable to wear. She falls onto her bed in frustration.

            “What am I going to do?” she took another huge sigh, “I don’t even know what I am so worried about?” she looks at her phone, “Maybe I should call Yeonnie?” she grips her phone in her hand, “I should, she is much better at this than I am.” She sits up.

            “Yoebosayo?”

            “Yeonnia-a.”

            “Min, what is up?”

            “I need your help.”

            “If I can help you I will.” YeonYeon sounded happy, “What can I help you with?”

            “I have to go to this business party with my father and I don’t have the right clothing for it. All I have is pants and some sundresses.”

            “Arraso…I’ll be over at your house is sec.” she could hear YeonYeon giggling in the back ground, “Bye.”

--------

            Yeonnie went into fashion school and she doesn’t look like the type to whip up something fancy but she could make anything from a piece of cloth. She went through MinSeul’s closet at the speed of light and was disappointed in her wardrobe. MinSeul just sat on her bed watching Yeonnie.

            “MianHae Yeon-a. I didn’t mean to interrupt you.”

            “Aniyo…it is a good thing. I need to get away from that dress. I was altering it a little too much.” Yeon sighs, “You my friend has a fashion emergency here.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “I think I’m going to have to make you a dress or at least go and look for one that will match you.”

            “Nothing too fancy though…I’m just going with my appa.”

            “Are you kidding me?” YeonYeon chuckles a little, “It is a company party, you have to look good.”

            “But I’m really not in to that.”

            “Hey if you want my help we have to play by my rules.”

-------

            JunHyung laid in his room. DooJoon walks in and sit on the edge. “What happened now?”

            “My mom is setting up an arranged marriage for me.”

            “Are you kidding me?” JunHyung nods, “Does MinSeul know?”

            “I just found out not too long ago…I haven’t told her yet.” He buries his face into his palms.

            “How? I don’t even know who it is.”

            “You either reject your parents or your feelings. You’re a grown up now.”

----

            MinSeul dropped by Cube during her break with lunch. The guys were practicing 12:30. MinSeul sat on the side with the lunched next to her. The guys were so immersed into the song they didn’t notice her.

            After the song was done the guys all smiled. MinSeul’s clapping caught their attention.    

            “You guys were awesome.”

            “MinSeul, when did you get here?” asked KiKwang

            “In the middle of the song.” She walks towards them with the box in her hand, “You guys were daebak.” She hands the box to DongWoon, “These are for you guys.” She notice JunHyung standing towards the back.

            “Aren’t you going to eat with us?” she breaks out of her trance.

            “No, I have to head back. My break is going to be over soon.” She wave at them and walks out the door, not before sneaking a peak at JunHyung. Doojoon shoves JunHyung a little. He looks at his friend but just walks back to his seat. All s looked at him.

            “What is wrong with you?” KiKwang asked, “Min made us lunch and you act like she wasn’t even here.” KiKwang wasn’t the only one upset, except for DooJoon of course, “You were so happy when we meet her and now all of a sudden you act like it is no big deal. Are you hiding something you’re not telling us?” JunHyung just took a sip from his water bottle.

            “KiKwang.” DooJoon said.   

            “Andwae…I pretty sure the last time he didn’t say anything everything went downhill.”

            “JunHyung.” their manager appear at the door. He looks up at him, “Come here.” Junhyung threw his shirt over his shoulder.

------

            MinSeul locked up the shop for the day. It was already night time when MinSeul got to her home. There was an envelope sticking out of her fence. She opens the envelope and saw that it was pictures of her and JunHyung.

            “Omo.” She looked through the picture and notice a note on the back:

Be careful of your back. No secret can be hidden from us.

-----

            “How on earth did you let this happen!” the chairman yells at JunHyung, “I demand to know who she is.” The pictures laid on top of the desk.

            “She is no one. Just my high school friend.”

            “JunHyung if what you’re saying is false. Everything is going to be your own fault.” He nods and leaves.

           

            The members all headed back to their dorms in the van. JunHyung stayed quiet the whole way there. His phone kept vibrating but he didn’t want to answer it; because he already knew who it was.

            When they got to the dorms he went straight to his room. He looked at his phone and saw all the calls and messages.

            “Hey why aren’t you answering my calls?”

            “Yah!”

            “Gweanchah-a?”

            “JunHyung... ):”

            “I saw how you ignored me when I came to see you at practice. *sigh* I thought no more secrets?” he kept scrolling down the messages.

            “Yong JunHyung…YaH!”

            “Forget it.”

            The text was sent less than ten minutes ago. JunHyung debated what he should do. He kept looking at his phone and MinSeul’s face that was used at the contact picture.

            “Aish.” He calls her.  

            “Sorry the number you have called has-.” He ends the call.

            “MinSeul you babo.”

            “You’re the fool.” HyunSeung walk into the room, “Ignoring her and then all of a sudden wanting her to talk to her.”

            “I’m going crazy.”

            “Talk to her at the company party tomorrow night.”

            “She isn’t coming.”

            “How do you know that?”

            “She told me she had plans.”

            “We just looked at the guest and she is replacing her mother for the evening.” He sighs, “Do you not remember that Minseul is the daughter of one of the top ten companies in Gangnam area?” he sighs, "She coming with her father. Talk to her then."

KNOCK KNOCK