Love?

A Forgotten Silhouette

MinSeul walked to class, without paying attention, she bumps right into someone.

“Oh sorry about that.” She looks up, “Doo-Joon.” She was out of it and Doo-Joon could tell.

“MinSeul.” He smirks, “Can I talk to you for a bit?” She had to think about it, but doesn’t give him a direct answer. He grabs her wrist and drags her towards the roof. When they get there he lets her go and she walks freely to the bench and sits down. He follows her and watch her sit.

“What do you want to talk about?” she said without looking back at him. He was surprise that she wasn’t fighting him.

“Are you okay today?” she nods.

“I just don’t want to think about Yeonnie or JungHo today.”

“So it is true than…she got her memories back.” MinSeul nods “How is she taking it?”

“She is trying to cope with it.” She sighs, “Gi-Kwang is trying to keep her distracted.”

“How is JungHo?”

“I don’t even want to think about it.” Doo-joon chuckle at her expression. “What?”

“Nothing…you haven’t changed a bit.” He was going to touch her hair, “Except your hair and your attitude.” MinSeul felt her cheek heat up. She quickly stands up with her back facing him.

“What did you want to talk about?” He gets up and walk towards the railings.

“I wanted to clear things up for you.” MinSeul just stared at his back. “You were right.” He sighs, “You were right about everything…about her.  V1 When you broke up with me I thought that maybe that I was free…but then I started to miss you and I…found out she was cheating on me too.” He scoffs and turns around to face her. She just listened to what he had to say, “I knew that you loved me too.”

“Karma.” She smirks, “she is a isn’t she?” she crosses her arms, “I’m glad you told me…but I need time to think.” She picks up her bag.

“Min-ah.” She stops in her tracks, “I won’t stop.” She opens the door and walked to class

 

When MinSeul got to the classroom all the girls were geeking about something. They all had smiles on their faces and was acting weird. MinSeul walks over to Yeonnie.

“What is up with everyone?”

“I don’t know either.” YeonYeon shrugs. MinSeul notice the amount of envelopes at her and JunHyung’s desk. She walks over and saw all the female names on them. YeonYeon walks over and examines the pile also.

“School dance.” MinSeul mumbles

“Bwoh?”

“It the time of the year for the school dance.” YeonYeon nods in surprise. As if on cue the door opens and walks in Doo-Joon and JunHyung crowded by girls.

“Oppa will you go with me?”

“NO me.”

“Take me.”

“I’ll pay for your ticket.”

Doo-Joon was able to escape the crowd to his desk but JunHyung wasn’t so lucky. His desk was a b-line from the door. Girls pushed and shove to get his approval. He was so busy trying to get out of the crowd that he didn’t notice MinSeul until he bumped right into her.

“MinSeul.” He smiles a bit after realizing it was her.

“JunHyung.” the memory of the kiss pops into her mind.

Their eye contact was broken by the screams of fan girls. Gi-Kwang had walked into the classroom with girls on his tail as well. He looked left and right and saw YeonYeon standing by MinSeul’s desk.

“Yeonnie?” he sound like he was out of breath

“What is it?”

“Will you go to the dance with me this weekend?” Gasps and whining can be heard all around the classroom and the hallway. YeonYeon examines the classroom of all the girls before answering.

“Umm…” she was about to say no when she saw JungHo walked through the door. He made eye contact with her, “I’ll go with you Gi-Kwang.” A huge smile plasters right onto his face.

“Jjinja?” she nods. He couldn’t believe…even his fangirls couldn’t believe it. JungHo stared right at her before sitting down.

The teacher was able to get most of the crying fan-girls out of the class room, while JunHyung and Doo-Joon throws away all the fan letters.

“MinSeul.” JunHyung taps her shoulder. She looks at him, “Are you going to the dance with anybody?”

“I don’t go to dances.”

“What?”

“Not worth my time?”

“Or is it because no has asked you.” MinSeul looks back at her paper and ignores him. He chuckles at her expression. “MinSeul…will -?” Hyorin walks right up to them, “Hyorin.”

“Was I interrupting something?”

“Nothing…” MinSeul looks at her, “Nothing at all.” Hyorin glares at MinSeul and then smiles at JunHyung.

“JunHyung-a, do you have a date for the dance yet?” He looks at MinSeul, “Good.” Hyorin said abruptly, “Because it is tradition for the Queenka and KingKas to go together and since Gi-Kwang and Yoseob already gotten dates you are going with me.”

“What tradition?”

“It the school’s tradition.” MinSeul answers him, “It happened one year when the Queenka and Kingka didn’t want to ask anybody and decided to go together. Ever since then they’ve been going together to avoid problems with the fans.” MinSeul grabs her books, “Since you and Hyorin were the royal couple at one point…it looks better if you two go together.” She stands up, “See you later.” She walks over to YeonYeon and they leave the classroom together.

“Will…” Hyorin smiles, “you can’t escape this one.”

----

MinSeul didn’t know why but her heart didn’t sit right with her. She felt lost and out of it.

“MinSeul.” She looks at YeonYeon, “Did you want to go shopping with me?”

“Aniyo.”

“Waeyo?”

“I don’t know.”

“Is it JunHyung?” MinSeul stayed quiet, “You know he could have rejected her.”

“Why are we talking about him?”

“Because you like him.”

“Let’s just go and go dress shopping.”

“MinSeul…why don’t you come along?”

“I am.”

“No…I mean to the dance.” YeonYeon smirks at her, “It is our last year…you should at least go to the last dance of your school life.” MinSeul didn’t answer her, “Jebal…you’ve never gone to any of them.”

“Yeonnie-a.”

“What if something happens to me again?” YeonYeon use the guilt trip on her, “What if something happens like last time?”

“It won’t.”

“How can you be so sure?”

------

JunHyung paced back and forth on his porch waiting for MinSeul’s car to pull into the driveway. It was already late and she hasn’t. He looked down at the phone in his hand; he was too afraid to text or call her.

“MinSeul, where are you?” Just then MinSeul’s grandmother walks out onto her porch after noticing JunHyung on there for several hours.

“JunHyung –a.” she called for him. He walks right over and greets her. “What are you doing out this late?”

“Oh.” He tried to think of a good excuse, “I was…looking out at the night sky.”

“Since this afternoon?”

“Ummm.” He looks away from her.

“You’re waiting for MinSeul, aren’t you?” JunHyung nods as he rubs his neck. Grandmother just smiles, “She isn’t coming home tonight. She staying over at YeonYeon’s house. You should go in and eat something and rest.”

“Ne. Hal-eomoni.” She walks inside, but JunHyung remain on the porch. He plays with his cell in his hand, debating if he should call her.

---

YeonYeon had layers of dresses on her bed. Some were new other were old ones that hadn’t been touch in a long time. MinSeul remember those days when it was all about dressing up. But those days were just memories.

“Min.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you see one you like?”

“It is okay. I’m fine with what I have at home.”

“You mean that 20th century piece of clothing that is hanging in your closet?” MinSeul didn’t say a thing, “Here.” YeonYeon grab two dresses and hands it to her, “Take these and go try them on.”

“Waeyo?”

“Just go.” YeonYeon pushes her towards the bathroom door and close it. MinSeul tries to open the door but it wouldn’t budge.

“Yah! Kim YeonYeon.”

“You aren’t coming out until you put on that dress.”

MinSeul hangs the dresses on the door. They were both short dresses and the fact that YeonYeon was a little shorter than her the dresses would have been even shorter. One was a laces top and a tight fit skirt on. The other was sweetheart neck line with bedazzled top and layer of fabric for the bottom. She examine both dresses and didn’t want either dresses.

BUZZ BUZZ

Her phone vibrated in the coat pocket. She grabs it and looks at the caller I.D.

Yong JunHyung

She hesitated to answer the phone until it ended. She put the phone down but then it buzzed again. Again she let it ring until it went to the voicemail. She takes out one of the dresses and looks at it closely. Just then her text tone ringed. She looks at the message.

Why aren’t you picking up my calls?”

MinSeul ignores it and tries the dress on. She saw the next message pop up.

“Are you okay?”

“MinSeul-a.”

“Min.”

“Min~”

“I know you’re there MinSeul. Pick up the phone.”

After she finished trying on the dresses and got YeonYeon’s approval she excused herself outside. When she got outside a familiar car was outside. MinSeul stops in her tracks and the person pop out of his car.

“JunHyung,” She felt kind of happy, “What are you doing here?” he walked up towards her and he seemed kind of angry.

“Why aren’t you picking up my calls? Or answering any of my text?”

“Am I supposed to?”

“What if something happened to you?” he kind of raised his voice. “Did you know how worried I was when you didn’t pick up your phone?  It good thing I came here to make sure.”

“Nothing was going to happen to me.”

“You don’t know that.” He yells and she froze for a quick sec. Within that second he realize what he just did, “I-I’m sorry MinSeul.” He tries to touch her shoulder, but she moves out of the way.

“Ka.”

“MinSeul.”

“I don’t know what is going up in there in your mind, but I want you to know that I can take care of myself.” She bit her lip, “I don’t need you to watch out for me. Good night.” She turns and walks away. JunHyung grabs her and hugs her. “JunHyung.” she tries to get out of his hug. “Let me go.” he tighten his hold on her, “Yah! JunHyung.” she was able to break free and with one quick move she pushes him onto the ground and walks back into the house.

 “What is wrong with you JunHyung?” He gets up and take one last look at the house and got in his car and drove off.

MinSeul peek outside and watch as his car disappears.

“Min, gweanchah-a?” YeonYeon walked down the stairs with one of her dresses on. MinSeul nod and walks pass her into the guest room and fell right to sleep.

-----

The next day all the girls were crowding and asking guys out like no tomorrow. There were posters up and down the walls. The halls were decorated with proposals and filled with rejected guys and girls.

MinSeul walked pass everyone and observe everything. She felt for everyone that had gotten rejected. When she got to the classroom there were tons of letters on their desk. “Don’t they know he is going with Hyorin?”She walked over and push them aside and sit down.

Somebody hands her a letter. She looks up and sees a girl standing in front of her desk. “Can I help you with something?”

“Um..” she looked kind of down, “Can I help you with something?”

“My friend wanted me to give this to you.” she notice a guy standing at the door looking at us.  She knew there were two types of guy friends; the ones that steals the heart or the ones that are just friends.

“Is that him over there?” MinSeul smiles at her. She replies with a nod and MinSeul stood up, “Give me a sec.” She grab the letter and walked over to him. He smiles at her  and she just smirk at him. “What is your name?”

“Kang MinHo.” She nods.

“Why the sudden proposal?” She held up the letter. His cheek turns red and he looks down.

“I’ve always wanted to ask you but I never had the gut to.” He didn’t even make eye contact with her, “Since it is our last year together I wanted to ask you.”

“Why didn’t you ask me personally than?”

“I was still shy.”

“I’m sorry MinHo-ssi.” He looks up at her, “I can’t go with you.” He nods, but she could see the frown on his face, “Why don’t you go and ask that friend of yours. I’m pretty sure she’ll go with you.” She hands the letter and walks back to her seat.

JunHyung was already sitting there staring at her. She stops but continues to her seat.

“What was that all about?”

“Nothing.” She grabs her book and ignores JunHyung.

 

YeonYeon walk down to the school’s infirmary to return some medical supplies. She was heading back to class and saw JungHo walking towards her by himself. She tries to act like she doesn’t seem him but he stops her. She tries to walk pass him but he didn’t allow it.

“What do you want?” She tries to keep herself calm.

“What do you think you are doing?”

“Bwoh?”

“Going out to the dance with Gi-Kwang?”

“That is none of your concern Lee JungHo.” She tries to walk pass him but he grabs her arm, “Let go of me.”

“I don’t know what you are doing, but you better stop it.”

“Why should I?” JungHo was surprise he never seen her act like this before, “You’re with EunHye so why can’t I be around Gi-Kwang?”

“Because you are going to lead him on.”

“And you aren’t doing the same to EunHye?” She was able to get her wrist out of his grip, “I can forgive you guys for not telling me what happened but the fact that you just threw everything away like that…I can’t.” the tears brim in her eyes. JungHo wanted to wipe it but YeonYeon runs back towards the class. JungHo punch the wall because he was upset with himself.

“Mianhae.” He says quietly.

YeonYeon runs and bumps into MinSeul. “Mianhae.” She said quickly.

“Yeonnie-a, where have you been?” She notice YeonYeon’s red eyes, “Gweanchah-a?”

“Gweanchah-a.” she nods, “Just remembering thing that aren’t meant to be remembered.” MinSeul nods and walks away even though she knew something was really wrong.

“MinSeul.” A hoarse voice called out her name and she cursed under her breath. Hyorin and the minions walked over to her.

“What do you want?”

“Nothing much…I just wanted to let you know that you and your little friend there…need to stay away from the Kingkas.” MinSeul scoffs.

“Sorry sweetie…no can do.” MinSeul crosses her arms over her chest, “What they do is whatever they like. I don’t have to power to stop them.”

“If you don’t, you are going to regret this.”

“I regret many things. And knowing is one of them.”

----

MinSeul Pov

It is the day of the dance and I wasn’t feeling so hot. I wanted to stay home in my nice comfy sweatpants and t-shirt; but I promised Yeonnie that I’ll go. I was stuck in black skater’s dress with a lace top. Yeonnie gave me some of her jewelry and a pair of heels. Sometimes I wish that we weren’t the same size in everything so that she wouldn’t be able to give me so many things.

BUZZ BUZZ

“Are you ready?”-YY

“Ne. I’m not sure if I want to really go.”

“Yah! You said that you’ll go. You promised me. You better not forget. Plus I am going to be lonely if you don’t go”

“Arraso. I’ll meet you at the dance.”

“You better. J See you there. Annyeong.”

I turned off my phone and chuckled. I sat down in front of my mirror and grab my makeup. It been a long time since I put on makeup. I picked up the eyeliner and began to color away.

-----

JunHyung POv

When we got there, it was almost like the red carpet, a whole bunch of girls and guys welcomed us at the entrance. I went and open the door for Hyorin and she linked arms with me as we walked toward the building; along with the other guys. Gi-Kwang and Yoseob didn’t have to here with because they didn’t have one of the Queenkas as their dates. What I would do to be one of them right now.

“JunHyung oppa,” Hyorin spoke to me, “What are you thinking about right now?”

“About the guys’ and my performance in about,” I looked at my watch, “30 minutes.”

“Since you have thirty minutes to spare how about we dance to one song before you guys perform.” I didn’t want to but it was just a dance. Right?

“Arraso.”I took her hand and headed towards the dance floor. It was a slow song for couples. As we dance I kept examining the room to see if she was here. Hyorin puts her head on my chest as we dance.

“I’m so happy we get to do this.” She said.

“Oops sorry.” Someone bumped into us.

“Watch where you are going?” Hyorin was angry, but I was kind of glad she bumped into us.

“Mianhae.” She apologizes again and leaves. I examine her back.

“No it can’t be can it.” I felt someone tap my shoulder.

“Hyung we have to head up there.” Said DongWoon, “Ppalli.” I ran with him to the back stage. As we went, we pass Gi-Kwang and two girls, one of them I recognized right away, YeonYeon.

“Gi-.” I was speechless when I saw the girls standing next to YeonYeon. Time slowed down for me. MinSeul was…beautiful. Gi-Kwang blocks my view of her with his face and broke my connection.

“If you keep your mouth open like that people might think that you’re crazy.” I closed my mouth. “What did you want?”

“We’re on in a couple of minutes.”

“Okay…I’ll see you on stage in a bit.”  I nod and left, but I couldn’t help but look back at MinSeul.

Author Pov

Doo-Joon and EunHye were in the crowd dancing somewhere when he spots YeonYeon and MinSeul together with Gi-Kwang.

“Did you want to go and join them?”

Preview

“OPEN UP THE DOOR PLEASE!”

“It is just one dance Min.” 

“I have a confession to make.”

“What do you want?”

“You know what I want?”

“We both know I can’t give you what you want.”

 

“MinSeul loved you with all her heart…but you went and destroyed that love with your stupid decision.”