Trying is harder

A Forgotten Silhouette

            JunHyung and the guys were standing in line getting their tickets checked and ready to board. He kept his eyes on the back of the line waiting for MinSeul to appear. Moon, who was standing next to DooJoon, looked over at JunHyung and sighs sadly.

            “What is wrong?” DooJoon asks Moon. Moon nods her head in JunHyung’s direction, “Is MinSeul not coming to send us off?”

            “I don’t know.” Said Moon, “After breakfast, I went to her apartment she wasn’t there.” She sighs again seeing that JunHyung kept looking in that direction.

            “They looked fine to me this past weekend.”

            “I don’t know what happened.” Moon took out her phone and dials MinSeul’s number, “Let see if she picks up.” Moon only got to voicemail, “She isn’t picking up, and we depart in about thirty minutes.” DooJoon wraps an arm around her shoulder.

            “If it is meant to be, MinSeul will be here before we leave.”

            JunHyung kept flipping his plane ticket with his hands nervously.

            “He likes you, he really like you and more than a friend.” His voice was stern, “I just can’t stand by and watch--,” he pauses mid-sentence, “I can’t lose you again.” MinSeul pulls JunHyung down to sit.

            “Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.” MinSeul pats his hand, “You can’t always win.”

            “Are you saying that you like him too?”

            “I didn’t say anything.” MinSeul sighs, “All I’m saying is that sometimes things won’t always go as planned.” She sighs, “Don’t be surprise if you don’t get what you want.”

            JunHyung kept his eye on the door waiting impatiently for MinSeul to magically appear. The guy behind him taps him.

            “I’m sorry but can you please move up, the people in front of you are already gone.” JunHyung looks and saw that the guys were already on the other side of the gate waiting for him. He walks towards the podium to get his ticket check. He takes one last look behind him before passing through to the other side.

            “Hyung, ppalli.” Yeosob gesture for him to come faster. JunHyung rushed over to the guys without looking back anymore.

            “This will be the last time I look for you.” JunHyung said in his mind, “You’ll have to look for me next time.”

~♥~

            MinSeul and JunHyuk sat at café enjoying their coffee. MinSeul kept her eye on the time JinHyung notices and puts his cup down and leans back in his chair.

            “He should be gone by now.” she whispers to herself.

            “Why do you keep looking at your watch?” ask JinHyuk

            “The same reason you doctor do.” She smiles, “We look at the time to begin our life and when it ends. We look at the time just to see what happens every day at every hour of our lives; because time is crucial.”

            “Michelle,”

            “Hmm?”

            “You should open your heart to him.” she looks at JinHyuk weird, “I know that you’ve been having problems with JunHyung because you are scared.”

            “I’m not.”

            “That is why you asked me out seven in the morning to hang out with you so you can avoid everyone.” He tilts his head, “and miss their flight.” She straightens herself up and looks at him surprised.

            “How could you have known?”

            “Their departure flight is all over the new.” He sighs and turns around so that MinSeul and him were face to face, “Michelle, I know that you are afraid. But listen to your heart…do you really love him?” she chuckles

            “What is this about JinHyuk?”

            “You love JunHyung and it is very obvious. You are only hiding because you’re afraid to get hurt. But fear and love can’t be in the same place. If you really love JunHyung so much that you are willing to forget him and come here so that he could continue his career, I suggest you tell him how you really feel. Because he loves you too. You both have something that everyone in this world want. Love worth fighting for.” MinSeul smiles, “Don’t wait too long or you might lose him.”

            “He waited almost nine years already…I guess…I need to make a move.”

            “He may have waited nine years but remember you did also.”

            “JinHyuk…” she slowly looked at him, “aren’t you going to stop me?” He froze in the moment with eye only on MinSeul. She, herself was curious.

            “What are you talking about?” MinSeul just kept looking at Jin Hyuk. He softly smiles and, “Michelle, I guess I had a small crush on you,” MinSeul went wide eye and her heart beating, “But it isn’t enough for me to keep you here. Especially if me making you stay makes your condition worst. My first priority is to make sure my patients are healthy and you my friend is heart sick.”

            “Gomawa.” She smiles at him, “I’m pretty sure you’ll find someone pretty that will love you and not make you worry about them all the time.”

            “So you are leaving?”

~♥~

            B2ST arrive back in their apartment around the late evenings. JunHyung went straight to his room and fell back onto his bed. He looked at his screen saver; it was a picture of MinSeul. He unlocks his phone and goes to his settings to erase the picture.

            “Forget her…forget her JunHyung.” he told himself. He was about to press delete but hesitates as he saw her smile, “I have to move on,” he presses the delete button and throws his phone to the side and relaxes on his bed.

 

            The next day everyone was at the company ready for the next concert in that coming weekend. JunHyung changed his image, he dyed his hair a different color, wore an earring and different style clothing. He was handsome, but it was really out of the ordinary look for JunHyung. They headed to the meeting room to talk about what was to happen at their last concert with their manager.

            “Ok…” the manger walked in but came to a stop when he saw Junhyung. JunHyung had his feet up on the table and sunglasses on. He had a look like he didn’t have a care in the world, “JunHyung?” he looked up at his manager, “Almost did recognize you there.” He continued to his seat, “Alright we are here to talk about the concert in Busan, the last one by the end of this week.”

            JunHyung sighs and leans his head back. Everyone stares at him in annoyance. KiKwang mouths to DooJoon, “What is wrong with him?” DooJoon just shrugs his shoulder

            “Since it is the last one, we have to make it big.” The manager looks down at the paper, “We are also going to include 4minute into the collaboration and some dancing with backup dancers.”

            “Why do we need so much?” JunHyung puts his feet down, “It is just a concert.”

            “It isn’t just any concert JunHyung.” the manger spoke sternly, “It is your last tour concert so we must go out with a bang.”

            “That is too much.” JunHyung stood up, “It not like this is going to be our last concert. We still have until our contract ends to do all that. Everyone has already seen what we can do we’ll just end it the way we have for the other concert.”

            DooJoon stood up quick and bows to his manager, “Mianhe Hyung. I don’t know what has gotten into him today.” The manager nods.

            “It is okay.”

            “We’ll do as you say.” DooJoon says, “He is probably having a bad day.” His manager nodded.

            “I’ll see you guys at the concert hall at four. No one is to be late our they will be in trouble. We have to meet the concert director and practice.” The manager got up and left. Everyone stared at JunHyung who didn’t care.

 

~♥~

            The concert hall was huge there were four different level and there were even ground level spots. The stage started from the back and had a huge circle attaches to it. It was surrounded by the audience’s seats. The stage crew was gathering everything and put everything up for the practice.

            The guys enter in their dance clothes. As they walked pass they are greeted by everyone and they greeted back, except for JunHyung. The stage director greeted them and directed them to their spots. “You guys go stand in your spot and your dancer will come and join you in the middle.” Everyone got into their position and dance.

            The song came to an end and everyone came and watched the recording. “Where that new coordinator at?”

            “Mianhae.” Everyone turned, “I’m sorry for being late.” MinSeul walks in with a t-shirt “Hello everyone I’m the dance director and light coordinator from Paris, Park Michelle.”

            “She is so pretty.” Said some of the people, “I heard she was originally from Korea.”

            “Michelle-ssi, you’re late.” The stage director said. 

            “Mianhae,” she smiles, “I really did get lost on the way here. It won’t happen again.” She walked up to the guys and greeted them, “It nice to be working with you guys again.”

            “Same.” Said DooJoon, “Why didn’t you tell us you were coming here?”

            “I was transfer back to the main branch last minute.” MinSeul greeted each guy separately, “Hello JunHyung. It hasn’t even been a couple days and you’ve changed.”

“I’m sorry.” JunHyung tilts his head, “Which one were you again?” he said in a rude manner.

“JunHyung.” DooJoon pulled his shirt.

“It is okay,” MinSeul smiles, “You guys have been through many concerts and coordinators, it is okay if you don’t remember me.” She but her hand out, “I’m Park Michelle, the new lighting director and your new stylist.” JunHyung didn’t care to shake her hand so she put it down, “I’m going to head back and check the lighting and your outfits for the show.”

            MinSeul went and looked at the clothes rack and put styled it for each of the guy separately. After that she went and checked on the lighting.

            “Michelle-ssi.” DooJoon walked over to her in his stage clothes, “It good to see you again.” She nodded and signals them for the next light, “Sorry about --.”

            “You don’t need to be sorry about anything.” MinSeul sighs, “We…never mind.” She looks at him, “You just go and get ready for practice. Excuse me.” She bows and leaves. JunHyung walks in her direction she quickly bows without a word and leaves. JunHyung hesitates but doesn’t move. DooJoon walks pass him too.

~♥~

            After the concert rehearsal, MinSeul went to her floral shop and surprised Moon. “Min!” she ran around the counter to hug Min, “Oh my goodness what are you doing here?”

            “I’m here for a concert.” She smiles, “I wanted to drop by and visit you during my break.”

            “Are you free tomorrow?”

            “I’m planning on visiting Yeonnie tomorrow and her little boy.”

            “I want to too.” She jumps for joy, “I haven’t really gotten a chance sit with them and hangout with them yet. They come to visit once in a while and he is so cute.” MinSeul smiles excitedly. Her phone rings, “Yeobosaeyo?”

            “Min,” a male voice spoke up, “when are you planning on visiting your old man?”

            “Appa?” she was surprised, “Mian…I was going to come by after I visited the shop.”

            “Is your shop more important than us?” he chuckled

            “Yah, look who is talking?”

            “Arraso, arraso, just make sure you make it home for dinner.”

            “Ne appa.” She smiles, “Tell umma I love her.”

            “Arraso, see you tonight.” She hangs up the phone and it rings again, “Yeobosaeyo?”

            “Where are you?” one of the stage crew called her, “You need to come back, it getting chaotic.”

            “Arraso…I’ll be there.” MinSeul hung up, “Sorry Moon I have to run. Something is wrong at the concert hall.”

~♥~

            When MinSeul got there everyone was gather there. She rushed to see what was wrong. JunHyung was making a big fit about his outfit for the concert.

            “I don’t care what the hell you do; I don’t want to look like the rest of them.” JunHyung threw his outfit down.

            “What is wrong?” MinSeul walks in and sees the outfits for the stage all over the floor, “What going on?” JunHyung looks at her.

            “You are the one that coordinated the clothes right?” MinSeul sighs, “Good…because I want you to change my outfit.”

            “What?” she scoffs, “You know how much work that will take. Your concert is in less than four days and you want to change outfits now? That also means we have to redo the recordings too.”

            “That isn’t my problem…it is yours.”

            “JunHyung.” DooJoon stops him, “Sorry Michelle he isn’t usually like this.”

            “Arraso…” she sighs, “if you want a new wardrobe that bad then you can’t complain with what I come up with.”

            “Excuse me?”

            “It that or you stick with these,” she holds up the clothes, “Or you don’t have to attend the concert and we can say that you got injured or had something urgent come up.”

            “You can’t do that.” He walks up to her, “I am an Idol.” MinSeul crosses her arm over her chest.

            “And I am the coordi, lighting director, and the representative of Park Industries, the people who are in charge of what is going on here.” Everyone gasps, “That also means we can cancel this concert altogether and both lose profit; but not as much as you.” She walks up to him, “So you better pull your act together Yong JunHyung. I’ve deal with kind like you.”

            JunHyung stared at her long and hard before backing down and walking away. Everyone continued to stare and look at her. She looks around, “Any other problems.” Everyone shook their heads and backed away. She took a deep breath and picked up the clothes on the floor. She felt pain in her chest but brushed it off.

 

            JunHyung took off his jacket and threw it on the ground. DooJoon walks in behind him and closes the door.

            “What is the matter with you?” JunHyung looked furious, “Why are you acting like this, especially to Min?”

            “I don’t know who that woman is.”

            “Are you playing dumb now?” DooJoon was confused and furious, “You were the crazy one that fell in love with her and chased her for almost ten years and now you’re saying that you don’t know who she is.” He looked into his brother’s eyes, “She is your Park MinSeul.”

            “I don’t know anyone by that name anymore. The person I know by that name is gone.” JunHyung had a seriously look in his eye, “And I’ve decided to forget about her.”