Realization

A Forgotten Silhouette

            MinSeul was in her office at CUBE to collect her belongings. She had a huge box sitting on her desk as she put her stuff into her box one by one.

            “Michelle.” She looks up to see one of the audio member outside her door, “the director wants to see you before you head out.”

            “Okay.” she put down her stuff and walked out towards the director’s office.

            POP!

            She jumped as the poppers were being popped. “SURPRISE!” everyone yells. She was in awe as her coworkers gather to celebrate her resignation.

            “Oh my.” She was speechless, “You guys didn’t have to.” She smiles. There was food and drinks everywhere. The felt someone tap her shoulder. She looks and sees the director with a huge smile.

            “This is just little something to say thank you for all you have done for us.” He had a warm smile, “During your time at CUBE you helped accomplish a lot, even though you were at a branch location. We know that you are leaving because of your business.” He sighs, “Just know that when there is an event you will be busy.” Everyone started to laugh

            “Thanks Director.”

            “Everyone enjoy.”  MinSeul walks around talking and saying bye to everyone she over hears someone talking about JunHyung’s condition.

            “Is he okay?”

            “They said that it was just a cold.”

            “But JunHyung get really bad colds.” The girl sighs, “Hopefully they come back soon.”

            “I think they are heading back tomorrow.”

            MinSeul sets her box down on her working desk. She turns on the tv and the first thing that comes up is CF of B2ST. She flips through the channel and landed on another show of B2ST. She turns to the news channel and slams the remote. Moon walks in and sees MinSeul frustrated.

            “What is the matter?”

            “Nothing.” She walks away and grabs her next flower arrangement. Moon looks up at the TV confused.

            “Unnie.” She walks to MinSeul, “Did you kno-?”

            “Yes I know.” She cuts Moon off in frustration

            “Did you know what I was going to say?” Moon was surprised

            “You were going to tell me that JunHyung isn’t feeling well.” She looks at Moon, but Moon was confused, “Was that not what you were going to tell me?”

            “Ani…I was going to tell you that the lady next door was selling kalbi for a very cheap price today?”

            “Oh…I didn’t know that.”

            “Unnie are you okay?” Moon observes her unnie, “Was it a bad last day?” she didn’t say anything, “Or is it because of JunHyung?”

            “Moon why don’t you stop talking and go buy some kalbi to make for lunch tonight.” Moon stops and looks at her.

            “Arraso.” Moon walks away to buy food. When Minseul knew that moon was gone she let loose.

            “EHHHH!” she shouted, “Just get out of my head.” She cries, “please.”

            “Having problems, I see.” She looks and sees JinHyuk behind her.

            “JinHyuk oppa.” She wipes her tears, “What are you still doing here I thought you left?”

            “I’m leaving tomorrow.” He smirks, “I wanted to make sure you were okay after yesterday.”

            “Yesterday?” she was lost and suddenly it hits her, “OH MY GOODNESS.” She covers her open mouth with her hand, “I’m so sorry I totally forgot.” She was so apologetic. He smiles

            “That is the first time I ever got stood up.” He acted disappointed, “I guess everyone has to suffer it once.”

            “I’m so sorry.” She felt bad

            “It is okay. Since you didn’t call or answer your phone I was a little worried.” He smiles, “How about you make it up to me.” He sits next to her.

            “How?”

            “By fixing your problem.”

            “What problem?”

            “Your Junhyung problem.”

            “That problem is over with. I decided to forget about him and move on.”

            “What?”

            “We decided that before he left.” she sigh, “We decided to go our own ways. So, there is nothing to fix there.”

            “If it is all over.” He look at her with soft expression “will you go back to Paris with me?” she looks at JinHyuk shocked.

            B2ST sat in the van as they were driving to the event. JunHyung was still coughing up his lungs. His manager turns and looks at DooJoon from the passenger seat.

            “Did you give him the medication that I gave you?”

            “I did.” The manager turn to look at Junhyung

            “Have you been taking the medication?” JunHyung looks like he had no energy to move.

            “Ne hyung.” He coughs again

            “Maybe you shouldn’t be part of the event.”

            “It is okay, I’m alright. It is just a cough.” The manager sighs

            “Are you sure?” he looks a JunHyung, “We can excuse you from the event.”

            “JunHyung,” Kikwang places his hand on JunHyung’s shoulder, “You don’t have to if you are feeling well.”

            “It is just an event. I can do this.” He sighs, “Just let me rest a bit.” He lays back into the seat and closes his eyes. Everyone was worried for his condition because he didn’t look like he was getting any better. The color from his face was fading and the circle around his eyes were dark. The guys look at each other worried about their member.

 

            When they got to the event JunHyung was barely awake. Yoseob tapped his shoulder.

            “Hyung.” No movement, “Hyung,” he shook JunHyung this time out of fear. JunHyung eyes slowly opened. “We’re here hyung.” JunHyung sat up in his chair.

            “Thanks, Yoseob.” He slowly got up and out of the car almost tripping as he got out. Everyone kept their eyes on him as he walked in to building. He walked fine but it was the way he walked that worried them, lifeless.

 

            Everything at the event went fine just like they wanted. JunHyung kept on smiling for everyone as the event went on. As soon as they arrived at the hotel he threw his coat onto the floor, went right to the bedroom and fell onto the bed.

            DooJoon walks into the room and almost slipped on JunHyung’s coat. “Yah! Pick up your stuff.” He picks up the jacket and hears something fall onto the floor. He look down and picks up the medication that he had given to JunHyung; not a single pill was missing.

MinSeul kept thinking about what JinHyuk said to her. She didn’t know if he was playing around or serious.

“You aren’t really considering it, are you?” Moon sat in front of her. Minseul didn’t say a word, “Are you?”

“Why does it matter?” Minseul sighs

            “That is so unfair.” Moon was angry, “You can’t do that to him!”

            “Why do you care?”

            “Unnie, you think you suffer a lot, but please think about JunHyung oppa.” MinSeul stares at her, “I get it that JunHyung isn’t the best, but you can’t abandon him.”

            “I didn’t abandon him.”

            “You did, and that is what you do.”

            “I did not!” MinSeul stood up and in anger

            “You may not admit it but you have done it, because it is what you do best.” MinSeul stared at Moon with anger, “You kicked JunHyung to the curve after he told you the truth. He told you about how he felt and you threw that out the window.”

            MinSeul slumped back down into her chair. She places her hand on her forehead and gives a huge sigh. “He said that he loves me but… he is finding it hard to stay with me.” She shook her head, “How am I supposed to react to that?”

            “MinSeul you left the guy twice and you guys are basically about to break. How do you think he feels?” Moon sighs, “If you really want JunHyung then I suggest you make a real commitment now; it either JunHyung or JinHyuk.”

            “Who should I pick?”

            “That is up to you.” Moon’s phone buzzes. She takes out her phone and look at the message. Her eyes widen as she looks at MinSeul.

            “What? What is wrong?”

♥♥♥

            JunHyung was unconscious in the back of an ambulance with an oxygen mask on. The paramedics were checking his vitals every couple of minutes.

            “His heart is still racing.” The paramedic places his hand on JunHyung’s forehead, “He is really warm.” The other paramedic finds a thermometer and places it under JunHyung’s arm.

            “We have to keep him stable enough to reach the hospital.” Beep! He took the thermometer out and looked at the reading, “It 39 C” he throws it a side, “How long before we get to the hospital?” he yelled to the driver.

            “Almost there!” the driver sped up.

 

            The manager called the company and canceled everything the guys had planned from the time they were supposed to get back to Korea. The guys waited outside the emergency room anxiously. He walks over to the guys.

            “I thought you said you gave him the medicine.” he was angry.

            “I did,” DooJoon sighs, “I just think he wasn’t going to take it. I’m sorry.” The doctor walks over to the manager.

            “He is fine, he just has a fever.” The doctor gave him a prescription, “Give this to him twice a day for two weeks. It should clear up the mucous in his throat and lower his temperature. He is okay to go as soon as he is up and the nurse checks his vitals.”

            “Thank you doctor.”

            “No problem.” He was about to walk away but stops, “Also…” he looks at the manager, “I would stop his activity for a month or so.”

            “W-why?” the manager was surprised

            “He is really weak right now and the right thing to do is let him rest.” The doctor had a stern look, “His throat isn’t in the best from all the singing either, if he doesn’t get the proper amount of rest he can really damage his throat.” The doctor leaves.

            The manager sighs, “I have to make some calls.” He walks away from the group. The boys looked at each other not knowing what to do.