Hurt in Daylight

A Forgotten Silhouette

            The members were all sitting down in the living room, resting for the performance for tomorrow night. They heard a loud knock on the door and looked at each other. No one was expecting a guest that late.

            “I’ll get it.” HyungSeung put his book on the coffee table and goes to open the door. MinSeul stood there drench, “MinSeul.” Her breathing was heavy, “What are you doing this late? Your soak to the bone.”

            “Is JunHyung in?” she lowers her gaze.

            “Yes he is…but is something wrong?” She didn’t know if something was wrong. She just wanted to see him and find out why he was ignoring her. It wasn’t as if they had something going on. She look pass HyunSeung and saw JunHyung staring right back at her. She takes something out from her bag and hands it to HyunSeung.

            “Can you give these to him for me?” HyunSeung takes the envelope and nods. “Please tell him I’ll be more careful next time.” She bows and walks away from the door. As soon as HyunSeung closed the door thunder rumbles.

            “Who was that?” ask JunHyung

            “MinSeul.” HyunSeung hands him the envelope. JunHyung look up at him.

            “Bwoh.”         

            “She asked me to give this to you.” JunHyung takes the envelope and opens it, “She said that she’ll be more careful next time.” He saw the exact pictures that the boss showed him. The thunder rumbles louder and it begins to pour.

            “How did she look?”  asked DooJoon

            “She was soak from head to toe.” JunHyung grabs his jacket and an umbrella and walked out the door.

------

            MinSeul took the stairs down to the first floor. The guys only lived on the third floor, but she felt like she needed the walk to clear her head.

            JunHyung took the elavator and got to the first floor first. He looked around but there was no sign of her anywhere. He ran outside and saw how bad the storm was. He ran towards a different direction. MinSeul walks out right after he leaves. She looks up at the storm and smiles.

            “Many people think that your bad but I find you refreshing.” She talked to the rain. She closed her eyes and took one step into the rain and smile. She stood there for a little while before walking.

            JunHyung stops at a corner catching his breath. He tries to look through the rain to see if he saw her, but no luck. He turns around and bumps right into MinSeul. Her smile faded as soon as she saw him.

            “Why are you out here?” she asked him

            “I can ask you the same thing.” He reply, “Walking in the rain.”

            “I like the rain…it calms me down. Very soothing.” They look at each other, “Do you have anything to say to me.” He just stood there with the umbrella, “If you have nothing to say then I’m going to head home.” She walks pass him.

            “I need to talk to you tomorrow,” she stops for a quick sec, “at the party.” She walk to her car. JunHyung watch her drive away before leaving to the dorm.

-------

            Mr.Park arrives at his MinSeul house. MinSeul had a long elegant red dress on; it was plain and simple with short sleeve and a . She had her long brown hair pulled to one side showing her pearl earrings. She sat in the passenger seat of her father’s Camaro.

            “You look beautiful.”

            “Thanks appa.” She didn’t smile much. Her father looks at her, “Bwoh?”

            “Something is bothering you?”

            “Nothing really.”

            “MinSeul…you can tell me.”

            “It isn’t anything appa.”

            “You know your uncle told me that your mom was the same way when she was having troubles about me. So don’t think I don’t know.” She looks at her father and wonder when he got so good at reading facial expression, “If he hurts you, I’m breaking his leg.”

            “APPA.”

            “So it is a boy.” He chuckles making her embarrass, “I’m just kidding…let hurry up before we’re late.”

 

 

            She had her arm around her father's as they walked towards the ball room. Her father got stop by other business people and he told her to head out first. She hands the yellow chrysanthemum to the people reporting gifts.

            “This is a gift from Park MinSeul.” She hands them an envelope, “This is from my parents, Park Co.” the girl recorded it down on the laptop.

            “Park MinSeul?” the other girl said, “You’re the friend of B2ST?”

            “Who?”MinSeul pretended not to know.

            “She probably isn’t she doesn’t even who they are.” Said the other.

            “Aniyo.” DooJoon walked up from behind her, “This is our friend MinSeul. She is a guest of honor tonight.” He put his arm out for her to grab.

            “Mianhae.” The girls apologizes and watch as she walks away with DooJoon.

            “No please don’t.” MinSeul stops the girls, “It not like you guys knew who I was. It was your job to question my identity.” MinSeul smiles and grabs hold of DooJoon’s arm. They girls go back to what they were doing. DooJoon led MinSeul through to ball room. “Guest of honor huh.” She looks at him.

            “You’re not my personal guest of honor.” She had a confused look on her face, “JunHyung.”

            “Oh.” MinSeul had a small smile. DooJoon notice her sad expression and tries to change the subject. They were chatting away when she bumps into someone, “I’m sorry.”

            “MinSeul Noona?” DongWoon had someone holding his arm.

            “Hi DongWoon.” He turns around all the way, “NaEun.” MinSeul looked from DongWoon to NaEun and suspected something going on.

            “MinSeul.” She looked surprise, “How are you?”

            “I’m doing great.” MinSeul smiles, “You?”

            “I’m doing great.”

            “I see that you and DongWoon gotten a lot closer these last couple years.” They both began to blush. “Hope we weren’t interrupting anything.”    

            “No, actual DongWoon had told me that you might be coming tonight.” She looked hesitant, “I…I just wanted to tell you thank you for what you had your parents do for my family.” She sighs, “We are forever in debt to your family.”

            “It is okay NaEun,” MinSeul talks to her, “I was trying to help you out and giving you help. No one should be given their parents’ debt. Go enjoy the rest of the night. We’ll catch up later.” The couples separated. When they got farther MinSeul looks at DooJoon.

            “When did those two?” MinSeul asks DooJoon

            “Trust me that is a question we all are trying to find an answer to also.” They both laugh and continue walking to the table on the outside. DooJoon pulls out her chair for her and she sits. “I’ll be right back.” He leaves her there. Not too long after she feels someone hold her hand. She looks up and JunHyung smiles at her. The images of his pained face last night flashed in her mind.

            “Have you been waiting long?”

            “The stars have been accompanying me.” She smiles brightly at him. He goes and sit next to her and stares at her. “What?”

            “You look beautiful tonight.” MinSeul smiles shyly, “So you forgive me?”

            “In a way I guess you can say that.”

            “MinSeul, remember when I said that I was getting married after graduation?” she nods. He looks at her face and took a deep breathe having her worried. “I said that it was going to be you but you rejected me.”

            “What is wrong?” his smile faded.

            “Nothing it is just…” 

            “What?” she held his hand. He turns and hold her hand in his.

            “I’m getting married.” MinSeul felt a sting in her heart, “It has been arranged.” There was a painful silence between the two.

            “Do you know who you are marrying?” The words were too hard for her to ask.

            “No.” he sigh, “It was to be announced tonight to all the reporters and companies.” He notice the look on her face. It was one he knew. She took a huge sigh.

            “If you ask for my forgiveness only to be able to move on…” she looked into his eyes, “It okay go ahead, I don’t want to hold you back.

            “Min, it isn’t like that.” MinSeul didn’t want to hear what he had to say because it would have only made it harder.

            “We don’t meet people by accident.” She felt her heart getting stung by every word she said. She loved him once and she still did, “We were meant to cross each other’s paths for a reason.” She holds his hand tighter, “You are a great friend and I wish you all the best.” MinSeul lets go of his hands, gets up and walks towards the door.

            “Min.” he hugs her from the back, “I love you.” She felt her heart stop, “I will always love you.” He places his face into her neck. She held his arms for a bit, “We can fight for this.”

            “It is a little too late for that JunHyung. We have to dispose of those photos and after tonight we can’t be meeting each other anymore like we used to. It will ruin you and your future.” she sighs and remove his arm and turns to looks at him, “I guess the only reason we crossed each other’s path was to experience pain and love.” She caresses his face, “We will still be friends. Just promise you’ll never do anything stupid because I am still around.”

            “Min.” he touches her hand that was on his face, “I can’t.” he looked hopeless.

            “I’ll still be here. I’ll be there for you always, but just don’t forget that I am still here.” She smiles and pecks his cheek they both look like they were in pain, “I’ll see you inside.”

            She turns around and walks away and took a huge sigh as soon as she pass through the door. She wiped away the little tears gathering at the side of her eyes. DooJoon walked towards her and pats her back.

            “You knew didn’t you?” MinSeul asked DooJoon. He smiles at her and wipe her tears from her eyes with his thumbs.

            “Who do you think he told first?” he smiles, “Cry anymore and you’re makeup will smear.” She removes his hands

            “Arraso.” MinSeul took a huge breath, “I think you should go and check up on him, I should be okay.” MinSeul walked away towards the crowd and grab a glass of wine from one of the waiters.

 

            JunHyung stood by the railings looking up at the sky, with his hands in his pockets. His eyes also filled with tears. DooJoon walk up next to JunHyung.

            “Jun, are you okay?”

            “Gweanchah-a.” he wipe his tears and turns to look at DooJoon, “I just can’t believe after meeting her again I get into this crap.”

            “Jun, you can always reject the engagement.”

            “I want to, but I can’t.”

            “Waeyo?” DooJoon asked

            “I just have this feeling that I shouldn’t. She would be hurt if anything goes wrong.”

           

            MinSeul sat at a round table waiting for everyone to start. MinSeul got a lot of stares from people, but she was in a daze and didn’t care much. She couldn’t get over the fact he was going to get married.

            “Min.” Yeonnie sat down next to her, “Gweanchah-a?” JungHo wasn’t with her.

            “Ne.” MinSeul smiles, “Just tired. I’m not used to wearing heels.”

            “You better get used to them; that is what you’re wearing at my wedding.” They both chuckle.

            “I guess I have to practice for all the future wedding now.” JunHyung’s sad face flashes through her mind.

            Everyone began to sit down into their assigned seats as it got closer to the starting time. MinSeul as sat down next to her father. The light began to dim down and all she wanted to do was leave. All the idols and the people that were important to the company sat closer to the front. MinSeul and her father was one of those people.

            “Min,” her father notice her eyes, “are you okay?”

            “I’m fine…I’m just tired from work today.” He nods his head.

            B2ST, being one of the most successful sat in the front. JunHyung spotted MinSeul in one of the front table. He notice her eyes were puffy, that made him feel guilty. All the guys notice this and felt awkward. MinSeul turns around and smirk letting them see that she was okay and that nothing was wrong.

            The CEO gave a speech and it was a brief short speech then it was JunHyung mother’s turn. She was the one writing scripts for CUBE and their actors, her drama has been the best one out there. She got up on stage with another woman following her. MinSeul looks shocked at the sight of the other woman.           

            “Appa, isn’t that umma?” MinSeul was speechless.

            “Hello everyone,” JunHyung mother spoke, “We’re here to announce the engagement of our children.”

            “What are they talking about?” MinSeul looks at her father and he just smiles at her, “Appa.”

            “Just listen.” He pats her hand.

            “I know he just started his career but I would like everyone out there to know that he is no longer on the market.” She smiles, “I would like to announce my son Yong JunHyung and future daughter-in-law, and daughter of Park Co. Park MinSeul.”

            MinSeul was so stunned she didn’t know what to do. She knew she should have been happy but she was upset. Even the guys were a little mad, JunHyung made everyone feel misreable. He looked over at MinSeul and their puffy eyes meet. He walks towards her and offers his hand. She was still in a daze.

            “Min.” she looks at him, “c’mon everyone is waiting for us.” She took a last look at her father. He nods. She looks back at JunHyung and grabs his hand. He lays her hand onto his wrist and they walked towards the stage together. Everyone clapped as the couple got onto the stage.

------

            JunHyung drove MinSeul home later as the parent were talking and planning the date. MinSeul was still quite shocked by news. JunHyung on the other hand was all smiles. He was happy that the person he was going to marry was the one that he was searching for. He looked over and notice her expression.

            “MinSeul are you okay?”

            “N..ne” she took a deep breath, “I’m…just still getting used to the fact that were are about to be engage.” She closes her eyes, “I just feel like everything is rushed…we just meet each other the other day and now we’re getting engage.”

            “Are you unhappy?” he was concerned

            “Aniyo…I’m not unhappy but…I’m not happy either.” she sighs, “My history with you guys wasn’t that great and things happening like this is crazy.”

            “Min, you could have said no if you didn’t want to go through with it.”

            “I didn’t want to say no.” she looks at him, “My heart wouldn’t let me.” JunHyung smiles and reaches for her hand.

            He pulls into her driveway and parks the car. He quickly ran and opens the door for her on the other side. Her house was a small with a metal fence around it. It was a medium size, beige house with a brown roof. It had two double doors, one in the front and the other in the back. She had a porch with a yard that went back far, and in that yard was full of plants and flowers. The sidewalk that led to her house was decorated on both side almost fairytale like.

             “This is where you live?” JunHyung enter through the front door and was amazed.

            “Yeah…it isn’t much but it all that I can manage for now.”

            “Isn’t much?” he scoffs, “This is bigger than my house. The land is even bigger. I think I might just move in with you.” he follows her to her front door. She stops at the front door and turns around, “What?” he asked

            “Aren’t you going home?” he smiles and lean forward.

            “I have to make sure my fiancée gets home safely first.” He smirks at her. She pushes him away with her hand.

            “I think I can manage to get into my own house without injuring myself.” She smiles and waves at him, “Go, you have a busy schedule tomorrow.” He pouts

            “But.”

            “No buts,” she laughs and pushes him away, “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He looks back at her and smiles.

            “I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He took a sigh before leaving out the fence. MinSeul stood and watch as he drove away before entering her house.

------

            MinSeul went to open her shop the next day. Her heartbeat was irregular and she coudlnt help but smile a little. As she open the door she is splashed with a huge bucket of water. She gasp as the ice cold water touches her skin. She drops her keys onto the concrete.

            “Stay away from our oppa.” There were three girls standing behind her, “He is our and we aren’t sharing.”

            “Yah!” her worker came running, “What on earth do you guys think you’re doing?” the girls ran off and she walked towards MinSeul, “Gweanchah-a?” MinSeul wipes her bangs from her face.

            “Ne,” she knew the feelings, “Just open up the shop. I’ll get dried up and change my clothes.”

            “Are you sure you’re okay?”

            “Ne…once you’ve been through it once you been through it all.” MinSeul opens the shop and walks to the back. She tied her wet hair into a ponytail and walk to the back of the shop. There was another room farther in the back and it was only blocked by a curtain. The room a small twin size bed, a lamp stand, and a small closet. MinSeul pull a pair or black denim, a white V-neck and a red jacket out.

            Her worker was looking at the newspaper and was surprised herself. MinSeul walks out and saw the front page from behind.

            “What are you looking at?” she quickly hid the paper,

            “N-nothing.” MinSeul glares at her and she slowly gives the paper to her. MinSeul looks at it

B2ST’s JunHyung Engage

            On the front cover was the picture of her and JunHyung on the stage hand in hand. As the article went on more pictures were shown. The next articles also surprised her.

B2ST Caught with Lover

            The picture on the bottom of that headline was a picture of when she went to go and meet JunHyung CUBE. The picture shown the back of her car and him entering and leaving her car. She threw the paper onto the counter.

            “Min.” her worker looked at her, “is it true?” she looks at her worker and nods, “what about the girl?”

            “That was me.” She sighs, “That is my car.” She nods, “If that is all let’s get back to work.”

------

            JunHyung was practicing in the dance room with the guys. He was happier and more active than usually. Even the guys notice the difference. B2ST’s manager come in with the newspaper in his hand and slams it on to the bench. Everyone stop and stares.

            “Yong JunHyung, aish,” he took a deep breath, “Have you gone on the fan page?”

            “Aniyo…” JunHyung tilt his head a little, “Waeyo?” his manager walk over while typing something onto his phone. He shows it to JunHyung. On the front cover was his engagement picture of him and MinSeul. “What is wrong with that?”

            “Do you really not know how fans are JunHyung?” Yoseob sounded annoyed.

            “What?”

            “You have anti-fans.” His manager tries to get it into his head, “Anti fans of you and MinSeul. They’re going to make her life miserable.” JunHyung looked worried himself.