Courage

A Forgotten Silhouette

            MinSeul walked toward the front of the school to meet with DooJoon. She looked lost in her own thoughts.

            “You’re pregnant are you?” the nurse asked her. She froze and didn’t say one word. “MinSeul it is okay if you don’t answer, I already know.”

            “How do you know?”

            “I’m a doctor slash nurse.” She sit in her chair, “I know things and don’t forget I am a woman first and foremost.”

            “By the way you are acting I guess you know who it is also.”

            “Mmm-hmm.” She nods

            “Did you tell him?”

            “No.” she looks up at MinSeul, “It isn’t my job to get into your affairs. I don’t know why you aren’t telling him and I don’t want to know. I just hope you know what you are doing.”

            “Why are you telling this?”

            “Because I was young and stupid once.” She smirks, “We all learn from our mistakes and I hope you don’t run away from yours and make the right choices.” She was about to turn and continue with her desk work but she stops half way and looks at MinSeul, “There is something off about that NaEun girl also.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “She isn’t showing for almost being five months.”

            “But I read up on how some people don’t really show until their third trimester.”

            “What I mean is that she doesn’t show any signs of being pregnant at all.” The nurses sighs, “If I were you I watch out for her.”

            As she got into DooJoon’s car she saw NaEun and JunHyung getting into his car.  She quickly got in and DooJoon closed the door. They both drive off.

            “Are you okay?”

            “Ne.” she sighs. “DooJoon what do you know about NaEun besides what JunHyung has told you.”

            “Nothing much, waeyo?”

            “Nothing.”

            “What is wrong?”

            “I just have a feeling something isn’t right.” As soon as she got home she calls someone, “I’ll go back under one condition.”

-------

            JunHyung fell right onto KiKwang’s couch. He didn’t know what to do except sleep. He remember MinSeul face as she slept in the chair. She was so peaceful.

            “Hyung?” KiKwang sits next to him. “What is wrong?”

            “KiKwang have you ever missed someone so much yet they’re right in front of you.”

            “What are you saying hyung?”

            “I miss MinSeul.”

            “Hyung, you’re just lucky you still have a chance.” KiKwang sighs, “YeonYeon is out of my reach.”

            ------

            MinSeul sat on the couch looking at her stomach. She slowly touches it and she felt happy.          

            “How are you feeling Min?” Her grandpa sat down next to her staring down at her hands.

            “I’m doing great Hal-abeoji.” MinSeul sat up, “Where is Hal-eomoni?”

            “She went to the store and to go and buy some food.”

            “Omo,” MinSeul was surprise, “Why didn’t she ask me? I could have went.”

            “MinSeul if you think that your Hal-eomoni would let you go in this condition you think again.” Her grandpa said sarcastically, “To her you’re just a baby having a baby.” MinSeul smiles at her grandpa, “MinSeul, the day you were born your Hal-eomoni was so happy. You weren’t born under the right circumstances but we both were happy you were born.”

            “What do you mean by that?”

            “Your parents had an accident when they were about your age. Your hal-eomoni was so worried about your umma, she pray every night that whoever your appa was that he’ll come and admit to his mistake. I was so mad at your mom that I didn’t want to look at her; I even asked her to abort you. Then I remember that there was an innocent life that need to be rescue from all this.” He sighs as he remember, “It was when your umma was around her fourth month when your appa finally came with his parents and apologize. Not too long after they got married and not too long after that you came along.”

            “Hal-abeoji,” MinSeul didn’t know what to say, “I really didn’t mean for all this to happen.” MinSeul felt bad, “I will take care of this child, even if I have to work two jobs.”

            “Min.” he lifted her chin up. He saw how sad she looked, “I’ve known you since you came to this world. I may not know you as well as you know yourself, but I know that you are a responsible and warm hearted girl.” He saw the tears gleam in her eyes, “Why won’t you tell us who it is?” her tears slipped her eyes, “Hal-abeoji won’t get mad at you.” He wiped her tear with his thumb.

            “Hal-abeoji.” She hugs him, and he pats her back, “Mianhae.” She cried, “I’ve brought this problem to you and hal-eomoni.”

            “Min.” he says as he pats her back, “why won’t you tell any of us?”

            “Promise me you won’t do anything after I tell you.” He nods, “He already has another unborn child. I don’t want that child to feel abandon like I was.”

            “Who is he?” she looks at her grandpa before answering him. She wavered if it was okay to tell him.

            “Yong JunHyung.”

            “Our neighbor.” Her grandpa got mad.

            “Hal-abeoji please.” She pleaded leave him be.

            “Does he know?”

            “Aniyo…I haven’t told him yet.” She looked down, “I don’t want him to chase after me, just because of the baby.”

            “You have to let him know.”

            “I don’t have the right to make him choose between me and his girlfriend.”

------

            DooJoon and MinSeul went to the store together. DooJoon notice that MinSeul hasn’t been cutting her hair. He touches her hair, making her jump and turn around to look at him.

            “Bwoh?” he shook his head

            “I’ve notice that you haven’t been cutting your hair.”

            “So you’ve notice.” She smiles, “I stop cutting it a while back.”

            “For JunHyung?” he smirk

            “Aniyo…for myself.”

            “You know you looked beautiful with long hair, but it has been so long I don’t quite remember.” They walk past a kid store and MinSeul stops. DooJoon stops and look at her, “want to go in?”

            “I don’t even know the gender yet.” She look at him.

            “It is okay…just go and have a look.” DooJoon smirks and drags her in.

            NaEun and Hyorin were standing not too far from the store. They both thought their ears were lying to them.

            “Did you hear what I just heard?” ask Hyorin

            “MinSeul is pregnant.” NaEun said, “So she been playing with oppa this whole time, but she actually was pregnant with DooJoon’s child.”

            “Omo, Bora is going to be so upset.” Hyorin covered , “Ppalli before they come back out.” She drags NaEun away.

            -----

MinSeul Pov

            After walking around the mall my legs started to get tired, so DooJoon decided that it was time for us to head back. He has been a really sweet guy since everything happen, but I don’t know what I am going to do when I leave.

            “Is it really okay if the guys come over?”

            “Yeah, hal-eomoni and hal-abeoji went to go see my imo.” I sigh, “She wanted me to hang out with you guys more. Plus Yeonnie and JungHo oppa are coming too.”

            “What about JunHyung?”

            “I was going to personally invite him myself.” We pulled up to the house, the odd thing was JunHyung was waiting there.

“What is he doing?” I asked out loud

            “Let see.” DooJoon and I both got out of the car and headed to the house, “JunHyung.” DooJoon called out to him. He walked towards us…I lied more like storm. “What is wrong?” The next I knew DooJoon was on the grass.

            “AHH.” I scream. JunHyung got on top of him and started to punch him.

            “Why would you do that to her?” he kept punching him.

            “JunHyung what are you doing?” He kept on punching DooJoon I had no idea what to do. I didn’t want to do anything that would put the baby in danger. I hear the guys running towards me.  I look back and say them.

            “What is going on?” GiKwang yells out

            “Ppalli come and help me.” I yell. GiKwang and DongWoon pulled JunHyung off.

            “Let me go. I’m going to teach him a lesson.” JunHyung struggle to get out of their grasp. Yoseob and I helped DooJoon up. His lip was busted and his cheek was red. I was so mad I went up to JunHyung.

            SLAP

            Everyone looked at me in surprise, I didn’t know what was wrong but I was so angry.

            “MinSeul.”

            “What do you think you are doing?” I said sternly, “Randomly beating up your friend like this. What did he do that made you so upset?”

            “Are you really going to act like a stupid person or did you just not want people to know about it.”

            “What are you talking about?” I had no idea what he was talking about.

            “You being pregnant.” I felt my heart stop. How on earth did he find out? I felt everyone’s eye on me.

            “Bwoh?” all the guys said in unison

            “I heard that it was DooJoon hyung’s.” Everyone looked at DooJoon and me, “Is this why you’re pushing me away.”

            “Who told you this?”

            “They told me that you and DooJoon went to a childern’s clothing store earlier.” I had to think of something quick, “That also explain how you been acting these days.”

            “Pabo.” I scold him, “I went to the children’s store to find clothes for you and NaEun. DooJoon went with me because I gotten into a fight with my umma the other day and I wanted to clear my head.” He gave me a surprise look, “Why on earth would I be pregnant?”

            “But…” I sigh

            “I think you should be more careful with who you hear this things from.” I walk towards DooJoon with a big relief on my face. “Kaja…I think hal-eomoni has something for your wounds.” I guide him into the house while everyone calm JunHyung down outside.

            I went and grabbed the first aid kit from the bathroom and set it on the dining table. DooJoon’s face looked like it was going to swell up.

            “Gweanchah-a?” I gently wipe the blood from his lip.

            “I never knew he could punch that hard.”

            “That an angry guy for you.” I put the ointment on his face then went to the fridge to grab a pack of frozen peas. “Here put this on your face.” I sighs and sit in the chair across from him.

            “What is wrong?”

            “JunHyung wants me to date you.”

            “Waeyo?”

            “Because he knows you’ll protect me.”  I sigh.

            “There is something else you aren’t telling me.” I stayed quiet. Only DooJoon would ever read my facial expression and know what is going on.

            “NaEun…is here for another reason.”

-----

Author Pov

            After releasing JunHyung it was YeonYeon’s turn to yell at him. “Yah what do you think you are doing accusing them of that.”

            “Mianhae.”

            “You should be the one everyone is mad at. Getting Min to open up to you then you go and impregnate your ex-girlfriend. What were you thinking? Min told you about her pass that humiliated her to the point of leaving.”

            “Yeonnie that is enough.” JungHo puts her hand on his shoulder.

            “Andweyo.” She slaps it away, “How do you think Min feels? Getting threat letters from every one of your fans and getting bullied by NaEun and SISTAR. Have you realize how hard it been on her since you came here. She actually liked you. If I could, I would beat you up for every time cried because of you.”

            “Hyung,” said Yoesob, “No matter how angry you are you should have asked DooJoon hyung before running to conclusion. You know that noona hasn’t been feeling well these past weeks; doing what you are doing will only make things worse.”

            “Let’s forget about this and go inside.” JungHo tells everyone, “We are here to help Min feel better not make matters worse.” Everyone headed in except JunHyung, “Aren’t you going to come in?” JunHyung had his hands in his pockets kick some dirt around.

            “I’ll stay and cool my head a little bit before coming in.”

            “Just come in when you are ready.” JungHo went inside and closed the door. JunHyung walk and sat on the porch. He folded his hands together and placed it under his chin.

            “Jjinja, what is wrong with you.” He scold himself.

 

            MinSeul walks outside with a water bottle. She looks around for JunHyung and sees him sitting on the bench. She walks over and he doesn’t even notice her standing there. She places the water bottle in his vision. “Here.” He looks up and accepts it.

            “Gomawa.” MinSeul turns and leave. JunHyung grabs her wrist, “Wait.” She looks down at him.

            “What?”

            “Mianhae, I was angry and I didn’t know what I was thinking.” She walks back and sits next to him.

            “It is okay…” MinSeul sighs, “Jun-…never mind.”

            “What…What is it?”

            “I…was looking into NaEun’s background and…” He kept his eyes on her. She looked into his eyes and she couldn’t bear to tell him, “Are you excited for the baby?”

            “Of course, what parents wouldn’t be happy for their child’s birth.”

            “That is good.” She pulls him up and smile, “Ppalli, everyone is eating without us.” As they enter the house everyone got quiet. JunHyung spotted DooJoon in the corner talking to JungHo.

            “Excuse me.” He left and went to DooJoon. MinSeul felt her phone vibrate, she looks at the caller ID before heading to her room. “Yeobosaeyo.”

            “Min?”

            “Abeoji.”

            “We already book your ticket.”

            “When?”

            “The day after graduation.” MinSeul sighs

            “Arraso”

            “Are you going to be ready by then?”

            “Ne…I will be ready.”

 

            MinSeul exit her room and went into the living room, where everyone was talking about how HyunSeung got picked by the winner of the talent show Hyuna. She looked nerdy but HyunSeung went and got her a makeover and now every guy is drooling over her. HyunSeung is even thinking about ask her out.

            “Daebak.” MinSeul smiles, “I guess that leave you four.” She comments at the single guys. DongWoon pouts and then smiles.

            “Noona…since you aren’t dating anyone,” ask DongWoon, “Why don’t you be my girl?”

            “Yah!” DooJoon expressed by nudging him on the head.

            “Ahh…I was only kidding.” DongWoon rubs his head and MinSeul laughs,

            “I would love to be…but you’re too young for me.” She smiles, “Thanks anyways.” Yeosob was smiling in the corner shying away from everyone.

            After dinner everyone headed home, and MinSeul finished cleaning up her home. She picked up the used cups, paper plates and vacuums the entire living room.

            “Huh.” She get up and takes a good look around, “That is what I called a clean house.”  She grabs a bowl, fills it with water and waters the plants around the house and in the green house. After watering the plants she went to her room. There was a yellow envelope on her desk, she had to drag herself to the desk. She opens it up and pulls out the documents. It was the financial report of somebody.

-------

            MinSeul went to the school with her stomach hurting a little bit. She didn’t know what was going on. When she enter the building the scene before her was crazy. There were hearts and balloons everyone. YeonYeon came to her.

            “Min.”

            “Yeonnie, what is going on?”

            “I don’t know but I heard that somebody rented out the school for the day?”        

            “What? So we don’t have class?”

            “We still do, it just I think something is going to happen.”

            Everyone is in class studying, and all the teacher were warn that if the class was interrupted, then it meant that they had to let all the students go to the performing art center. Everyone anticipated the dismissal. Around the last period of the day an announcement came on, letting everyone leave class.

            YeonYeon, JungHo and MinSeul went together, they sat in the same roll and MinSeul was sitting on the left of JungHo.

            “How are you feeling today?”

            “Better actually.” She smiles.

            “MinSeul.” She looks over her shoulder and sees Yeosob getting swarm by girls as he tried to get to her. “MinSeul-sunbaenim.”

            “What?” she stood up.

            “We need your help with something.”

            “Right now?” He nods, and MinSeul looks back. JungHo and YeonYeon stood up.

            “We’ll come along.” Yeosob didn’t argue and lead the way through the crowd of people. He led them towards the back of the stage. HyunSeung pace back and forth and the guys looked worried, as soon as HyunSeung saw MinSeul his face lit up.

            “Noona.” MinSeul speed walk towards him.

            “What is wrong?” she asked

            “I need your help.” HyunSeung voice was trembling.

            “What can I do?”

            “Today I rented the whole school so that I can ask Hyuna out but the musician I paid for he couldn’t make it and I don’t know what to do.” He pleaded with his eyes, “Please I really need your help. DooJoon hyung said that you know how to play many different instruments.”

            “It isn’t all that easy HyunSeung.” MinSeul all of a sudden became nervous, “Every song need practice and in order for someone to play it properly…you have to have the right feeling.”

            “How about the one you were going to play at the show.”

            “But.” YeonYeon taps her shoulder. “It been a while…I don’t remember.”

            “Play something you thing you can remember. I know you can play something.” She looks at JungHo. “You can do it Min, I believe you will be able to find the right feeling.”

            “Min, fighting.” He gave her a fist pump. Everyone around her supported her.

            “Arraso.”