Even if it Hurts

A Forgotten Silhouette

            MinSeul and JunHyung walked the old path together, with him behind her. She had nothing to say but he did. MinSeul went towards the lake and watch the ripples of the water.

            “MinSeul.” He walks up next to her and she looks at him, “Are you ready to talk to me?” she picks up a stick and plays with the water, “Min.”

            “If I don’t talk,” She said without looking at him, “are you going to let me go home?”

            “You’ve done it before.” She smirks, “MinSeul you and I both know what love is like.”

            “Do you really?” she makes swirls in the water.

            “I do.” He reply quickly. She throws the stick in the water and looks at him.

            “What is it?”

            “Min,” he hold her hands, “love is unconditional. It is accepting all the flaws a person has and making them beautiful.” He smiles, “And you aren’t the prettiest, but you’re the strongest, you aren’t the nicest, but you are virtuous, you may be tough…but I know you hurt easily.” She looked at him, “You may run as far as you want but I will always catch you. You may hide wherever but I will always find you. You may hate me for the rest of your life but I will only love you for the rest of my life.” The tears gleam in her eyes, “Even when you’re gone I won’t have a change of heart because you are the only one for me.” She slips her hands away from him and wipes her eyes.

            “Thanks for pointing out all my flaws.” She smiles through her sorrow, “Now I know what to work on.”

            “Min that isn’t what I meant.”

            “I know.” She chuckle, “I’m just saying.” She sighs  “JunHyung you are a great guy but I don’t …we can’t keep doing this.” She bite the side of her bottom lip, “We can’t keep seeing each other like this.”

            “Why can’t we?”

            “You and I have two different lives…you are a celebrity and I am a florist. If you keep doing this eventually another scandal will pop up.” She shook her head, “This isn’t going to work out between us. It didn’t in the past and it won’t now.”

            “How are you so sure?”

            “Because we still have the same roles…you are handsome, popular, and sweet guy everyone lover; I am still the lowly girl who doesn’t do anything but keep to myself. Hated by all those who loves you.”

            “That is not it at all.” He looked at her in the eyes, “Yea I may be the same guy with the same title that still breaks your heart, but you aren’t the same. You’ve became stronger and made your dreams come true by yourself. You stood up to bullies and made opportunities for others. You still put other before yourself even though you know that you’ll be in pain…sometimes it but it is a good thing because I know that you’re willing to make sacrifices for me; the same way I would to you.” He cups both of her cheeks, “You are my life, my breath and my heart…without you I’m a lifeless body. Without you I am nothing.”

            “Babo.” She began to tear up. He wipes her tears with his thumbs. She slowly removes his hand from her face. “Mianhae but my heart can’t take it anymore.” She walks back towards land.

-------

            In a small hall many news reporter had gather along with the members of the B2ST and other groups of CUBE and some parents. No one knew what was going on, nor what was going to happened, except that the CEO had canceled everyone’s schedule and insist that everyone make it to the press conference.

            “Hyung,” YeoSob whispers to DooJoon, “do you have any idea what is going on?” DooJoon just shook his head, Yeosob still looked worried. DooJoon looked at the crowd and saw his parents talking to eachother. Not just that but MinSeul’s parents as well.

            “Jun…” he taps JunHyung’s leg.

            “What?”

            “Is that Min’s parents?” he points at them. JunHyung almost jumped out of his seat.

            “What are they doing here?”

            “That what I want to know? As far as I know they don’t own any part of CUBE nor do they support CUBE, so why are they here?” he shrug his shoulder.

            “There are too many parents here to find the right answers.”

            The boys were worried because things were weird. Everyone was already worried because no one knew the real reason they were told to gather up. Not too long afterwards MinSeul appears and goes and sit next to her parents. She didn’t even turn to looks at the guys who were waving at her. The two notice that her eyes were a little red. The CEO finally took the stage not too long afterwards.

            “Everyone must be wondering why you guys were called to gather here today.” He cleared his throat, “CUBE had received bad ratings lately due to certain incident that has hit us.” JungHyung felt his hair stand up on his back, “I, the CEO of CUBE wants to sincerely apologize to the public and parent of our entertainers for not protecting them from these types of problems.” He fixes his tie, “Even after all the rumors and incident we still have many things to celebrate. Mr. and Mrs. Park has open a share with us as of today and will continue helping in the future; also as time goes many people find their significant others in our very place here, NaEun of APink and DongWoon of B2ST has openly confess their relationship along with Hyuna of 4Minute and Hyungseung of B2ST and G.NA and Bi Rain. One other union we have here is between Park MinSeul…” everyone froze. MinSeul looked over at the guys, “and DooJoon of B2ST.” Everyone went wild. MinSeul eyes were wide open.

            “Appa.” She looks at her father and he was as lost as she was. Her mother pats her hand, “Umma.” Her father and she both looked at her mom.

            “It is for the best.”

            “What are you saying?”

            “DooJoon’s umma and I had a little chat the other day and saw how much he cared for you so we decided that it was best for you.” MinSeul stood up abruptly, “MinSeul.” Her mother looked at all the reporters and felt embarrassed at MinSeul’s action.

            “I won’t go through this.” She looks at the camera, “I’m sorry but there is nothing going between Yong DooJoon and myself. There won’t be an engagement either. This was arranged by our parents.” Everyone started to talk, “Please forgive them for this.” MinSeul grabs her purse and left the hall. DooJoon follows her out. JunHyung stayed in his seat.

            MinSeul walked through the parking lot as DooJoon chased her.

            “MinSeul.” he called out to her, “MinSeul.” He ran and grabs her arm. “MinSeul-.”

            “Let go of me.”

            “MinSeul listen.”

            “I can’t do this again.” She was going crazy, “My engagement with JunHyung ended not even a month and suddenly I am engage to you…how does that make me look.”

            “Min…I told my umma not to do it.”

            “Wait…you knew about this.”

            “No…Min I didn’t know anything about the announcement.”

            “But you knew that our parents were planning this... to engage us.” He nods, “Yong DooJoon.” She was so angry, “Are you crazy?”

            “Min-.”

            “DooJoon...we can’t.” she was trying to calm herself down, “You and I we can’t.”

            “Min…I don’t want this engagement anymore that you do.” He sigh, “I was trying to get convince my mom that I liked someone else.”

            “Moon…” MinSeul’s was scared,

            “How did you know?”

            “No, no.” MinSeul started to jump around,

            “Min what’s wrong?”

            “Was the conference live?”

            “Of course.”

            “NO.” MinSeul started to panic.

            “MinSeul what is wrong?”     

            “Moon…Moon said she was going to watch the conference.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “I have to get to the shop.” MinSeul gets into her car, DooJoon get into her car also and drove off.”

------

            MinSeul pulls up in front of the store and she was the first to run in, DooJoon not too far behind her.

            “Moon.” MinSeul looked around the shop but she wasn’t there.

            “Moon.” DooJoon went into the back and saw Moon sitting by herself. “Moon,” he slowly approached her, “Moon.” He places his hand on top of hers. She finally came back to reality.

            “DooJoon.” She stood up, “when did you get here?”

            “Not too long ago.” He observe her face, “Are you okay?”

            “Me…yes.” Her eyes were kind of red, “Why are you here?”

            “You saw the live conference, didn’t you?” Moon froze from the pain in her heart, “Min is outside…There is nothing going on between us. We aren’t getting engage nor are we getting married.”

            “Why are you explaining yourself to me?” she looks down, “you have no reason to apologize to me.”

            “Moon, I like you.” He looked at her, “When I see you…it makes me want to smile and I feel warm inside. I didn’t want to tell you this because I didn’t want you to suffer like MinSeul.” He sighs, “I watched her suffer too much and I don’t want you to go through that. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if that happened to you.”

            “So are you saying that you don’t want to be with me?” he looked surprised, “I can go through that for you…that pain is something I can live through if that means being happy with you.”

            “Moon it isn’t that easy.” He sound anxious, “I can’t bear to see you hurt.”

            “As long as you are there to help me through it I will be fine. I’m willing to do what it takes to be a great girlfriend. I can’t bear to see you hurt either.” She hugs him, “When I saw that you and Min were getting engage I felt my heart fall from my chest.”

            “Mianhae.” He kissed her forehead.

            MinSeul stood behind the curtain listening to the two talking. She turns and walks out the door with a little smile on her face.

-----

            JunHyung sat in the practice room not moving; almost as if he was paralyze. He saw MinSeul leave the conference but he didn’t move an inch. The girl he loved was getting engage to his friend.

            He final moves to the workout room and started to punch the punching bag. The memories of her tears ran through his head. “Maybe it is time to let her go.” he threw more punches at the bag. “AHHHH” he yells in frustration and pain a single tear slips down his face.

-------

A week later

            Moon and DooJoon made an official statement that they were together and that the engagement was arranged by the parent and was terminate due to their disagreement. MinSeul was getting better at going into the back room but she wasn’t able to stay there long enough.

            “Unnie,” Moon looks at her, “Oppa invited me to go and hangout with them later tonight, did you want to join?” Both girls were working on different arrangements.

            “Sure, why not.”

            “Unnie.”

            “Hmm?”

            “You are okay with me and oppa right?”

            “I’m fine…DooJoon and I didn’t date that long.” MinSeul smiles, “Plus we are great buddies now.”

            “Unni…” she looked worried, “has JunHyung oppa been contacting you?” MinSeul paused for a sec.

            “Why?”

            “Ani.” She shook her head, “I just haven’t seen him around that is all.” MinSeul knew she was hiding something.

            “I know.” MinSeul picked up her wreath and places it on a stand, “I think it is better for us this way.” She fixes it up a bit

            “Waeyo?”

            “Moon, when you and DooJoon get deeper into this relationship you’ll understand that you wouldn’t want the other person to hurt.” MinSeul stops, “Even if it hurts you.”

            “But you guys are both in pain from the separation.” Moon was confused, “Doesn’t that mean that you both should get together and talk about it.”

            “There nothing left to talk about.” MinSeul cleans up her work space, “The best we both can do is get on with our lives.”

            “Are you saying that you don’t have space for JunHyung in your heart anymore?”

-------

            MinSeul went to the amusement park to freshen up her mind. She saw many couple walking around, then again that all she saw no days. She walks towards the Ferris wheel watched as it spin with the couple getting on and off.

            “MinSeul-ah, MinSeul-ah,” she talked to herself, “Why do you do this to yourself?” she sighs, “Is it really worth all the pain?”

            “MinSeul-noona.” She turn around and see Hyuna and HyungSeung on date. Both were in disguise; hats, sunglasses, and everything else, “It is you.”

            “Who are you?” MinSeul didn’t have any idea.

            “It is me.” HyungSeung pulls down his glasses.

            “Omo,” MinSeul smiles, “Sorry I didn’t recognize you. You two look cute today.”

            “Thank you.” The both said,

            “Unnie, are you going to that party today?” MinSeul thought about it for a sec,     

            “Ah, the B2ST party?” Hyuna nodded, “I was thinking about it.”

            “You should come.” HyungSeung didn’t hesitate to invite, “I think it will still be a little awkward for Moon to come by herself. And hyung…”

            “Don’t worry too much I’ll be there.”

--------

            JunHyung’s body was full of sweat and he was out of breath. He walks towards the washroom and takes a cold shower. He walks out weakly with only a towel around his waist. DooJoon walks into his room.

            “JunHyun-.”DooJoon turned as fast as he could, “Dude put some clothes on.” DooJoon grab the closest shirt and threw it to him without looking. JunHyung caught the shirt and put it on.

            “No one told you to come in without knocking.” JunHyung smiles, “Why are you here?” he put on the rest of his clothes.

            “I’m here to invite you to our party later.” DooJoon finally turns around, “More like remind you.”

            “Arraso.” JunHyung looked exhausted, “If that is all than can you please leave.” He sighs and places his hand on his head.

            “Gweancha-ah?”

            “Yeah just a little light headed.”

            “Get some rest before the party.” DooJoon walks out of the room but not before seeing his face in pain.

            JunHyung lay right down on his bed. His wet hair stuck to his face. His eyes full of sorrow as his memories plays through his head like a movie. Every memory of her pierce his heart like a knife.

            “Why is it so hard to forget someone like you?” his eyes water, “Why was it so easy for you to forget me?”

-------

Club

            MinSeul and Moon walks through some halls together while trying to find the right room. As they inched closer to the room they can hear the club music in the background. They walked into an upstairs room. There was a huge window that show the dance floor.

            “MinSeul is this really okay?” Moon was wearing a black clubbing dress that hugged her figure; it had a huge cut in the back of it along with red heels that matched her red lipstick.

            “Yes you look fine.” MinSeul on the other hand wore black legging with a white halter top with frills and three inch heels, “DooJoon isn’t picky.” They finally reached the door and heard singing coming from inside. Moon was about to open the door when it opened up itself. Hyuna was there to greet the girls.

            “MinSeul and Moon you guys are here.” She smiles, “Hurry and join the party, I’m gonna go grab some more drinks.”

             The girls enter the room full idols and dancers; half the people dancing the other sat and talked. DooJoon went and greeted the girl as soon as they enter the room.

            “Moon you’re here.” He looked happy as he took off with Moon, leaving MinSeul by herself.

            MinSeul felt a little awkward as the party went on. She saw from the corner of her eye JunHyung flirting with the girls. She would be lying if she said that it didn’t hurt. One of the dancer took him to dance. MinSeul grabs a drink from the table and chugged it down. It caught some attention. NaEun goes and sits next to her.     

            “Min, gweancha-ah?” Min looks up and sees the girl grinds up against JunHyung.

            “I’m fine.” She took another shot, “Don’t worry about me.” She gets up, “I’m actually gonna go to the dance floor in the actual club.” MinSeul gets up walks down to the dance floor. She slowly enters the crowd and starts to dance. At first she was kind of iffy. But she wanted to get rid of the feeling in her heart. She began to jump a little and before she knew it she had her hand in the air dancing to whatever.

            “Woah!” the huge crowd caught the attention of the people upstairs. Everyone began to crowd the huge window and the door. MinSeul was pull some move down on the dance floor. JunHyung saw what was happening and actual smiled. MinSeul on the other hand danced against her opponent with all her might. They danced until they ended up dancing to the song together. The dance ended in laughter as MinSeul leaves the dance floor to the bar to sit. Her heart felt a little lighter than before she got on the dance floor.

            “Those were some nice move.” The bartender commented.

            “Thanks.”

            “Where did you learn to dance like that?”

            “Believe it or not I tried to audition for CUBE Entertainment at one point in my life.”

            “Wow, so did you get in?” JunHyung spotted the two talking happily.

            “No.”

            “Too bad they lost a great dancer.” MinSeul laughed, “What can I get for you?”

            “Umm…” someone grabs her hand, “Excuse me?” A random guy that was probably 6ft tall stood before her.

            “Come dance with me.”         

            “I’m sorry but I am kind of tired.” He insisted on dragging her and he did. “Let me go.” When he got her to the dance floor he wrap his arm around her waist.

            “You know you are lucky to be dancing with me.” MinSeul struggles to get out of his grip.

            “Let go of me.”

            “Hey.” The bartender walks up to him, “Let the lady go.” The guy let her go but he still hand his hand on her wrist.

            “If I don’t.”

            “Then I’ll have to hurt you.”

            “I want to see you try.”