Fear

A Forgotten Silhouette

SORRY READERS FOR THE LONG DELAY. WORKING AND SCHOOL DOESN'T GIVE ME ENOUGH TIME TO WRITE. BUT I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU.


MinSeul gets falls onto a cold floor not realizing where she is. She can hear girls laughing outside the door. She recognizes one voice in particular, Hyorin. She tries to open the door but it was locked from the outside.

“Open the door.” She knocks on the door, but someone in her heart she knew they weren’t going to open the door. She notice a white string dangling from the ceiling and pulls on it.

SPLASH!

She dowse with a bucket of water, and is completely soaked. She hears the girls laugh louder and them fading away. She walk to the door and found the switch. She could’ve avoided getting soaked if she would have looked for the switch earlier.  As soon as she flips the switch she regretted it.

“PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR.” She starts to kick and hit the door, “PLEASE!” MinSeul starts to cry a bit. She sat in a corner and balled herself up. She felt like panic start to set in slowly.

-------

JunHyung kept staring out his window to see if MinSeul had come home yet, but there was no sign of her car. He thought maybe she stayed after school, buts minutes became hours and hours became devastating.

KNOCK KNOCK

JunHyung jumped out of his seat and walked to the door.

“Hal-eomoni.” MinSeul’s grandma stood out his door with a worried look on her face, “Is something the matter?”

“Do you know where MinSeul went?” JunHyung looks out the door and notice that MinSeul’s car was not in the driveway.

“Is she not home yet?”

“Aniyo…and she hasn’t called me either.”

“Have you tried YeonYeon?”

“She’ll usually call if she is with YeonYeon.”

“I’ll call YeonYeon to make sure…Go home, I’ll let you know if something happens. Don’t worry too much.”

------

YeonYeon and Gi-Kwang were sitting in a café studying for a test in two weeks. YeonYeon wanted to originally study with MinSeul but she disappeared before she could ask. Gi Kwang agreed to study with her on one condition and that was to go out in public with him.

“Yeonnie?” She looks up at Gi-Kwang, “How do you do this problem?” YeonYeon looked at the problem and takes his paper and shows him.

“You take this and put it over and then you do this.”

“Oh.”

 They were both interrupted by the laughter of girls, SISTAR. They caught the attention of basically everyone in the café. They didn’t care and just went ahead in sat down; but YeonYeon notice that Dasom had a guilty look on her face.

“Haha…I can’t believe we actually did that.” Hyorin laugh

“I know right.” Bora sighs, “I’m so satisfied right now.” Soyou notice Dasom’s expression.

“What is wrong?” she ask Dasom. They all looked at her.

“Do you think what we did was right?” Dasom asked softly. YeonYeon became curious.

“Why are you asking that?” ask Bora, “She deserved it.”

“I know she does but…” She looks at Hyorin in the eye, “I think we took it a little too far this time. No one deserves to be treated like that. Even from us that is a little harsh. What if no one finds her?”

“Are you getting cold feet?” Hyorin asked with a stern voice. Dasom didn’t answer but look down. “MinSeul had it coming.”

YeonYeon gets up and walks over to their table.

“Yeonnie.” Gi-Kwang tries to figure out what she was doing. 

YeonYeon walks right up to the girls’ table. She, a girl who was shy and scared, was actually facing the Queenkas. They all looks at her and just laugh.

“What did you say about MinSeul?”

“Watch what you say in front of me?” Hyorin scoffs, “I’m not scared of you.”

“I’m not scared of you either…tell me where she is?” they were face to face with each other.

“Yeonnie.”Gi-Kwang pulls her back. “I’ll talk to them.” Hyorin sat back down.

“Gi-Kwang.” Soyou was surprised

“Where is MinSeul?” none of the girl look at him directly.

“She is locked up in the school storage room.” Dasom said, and with that YeonYeon walked right out the café.

“Yeonnie.” Gi-Kwang was about to follow her but went back to grab their stuff before running out after her.

 On the way out, Gi-Kwang ran into JunHyung.

“Gi-Kwang.” JunHyung was surprise to see him there

“Hyung.”

“What are you doing?”

“Following Yeonnie.” Gi-Kwang notice JunHyung was in rush also, “Where are you going?”

“I’m was looking for MinSeul.” He sighs, “Her grandmother said that she hasn’t contact her all day, and she is getting worried.”

“Dasom said that they locked her up in one of the school’s storage room.” Gi-Kwang starts to walk away, “Kaja.” JunHyung follows him.

-----

MinSeul was taking deep breaths panicking and starts to hit the door.

“Please let me out.” She tries to yell. “Jebal!”

Flashback

A 6 six year old MinSeul plays hide and go seek in her classroom, with her play mates.

“Okay, go hide I’m it.” Said a little not too much older than her. With that all the little kids disperse and started to hide.

MinSeul noticed that all of the good hiding places were taken. She run around and finds the empty box. She opens it and climbs in.

“No one will find me in here.”

Her teacher didn’t notice and put some books on top of the box that she was in. Since it was free time the kids were being loud.

“It is getting hot in here.” MinSeul tries to push the box open but it was too heavy for her. She starts to hit the box. “Hello anyone out there.” She hits the box, “I want to get out. I don’t want to play anymore.”

No one notice little MinSeul screaming from inside the box.

“Saengsongnim.” Said the little girl, with all the kids who were playing behind her.

“Ne?”

“We can’t find MinSeul.” The teacher got out of her seat and kneeled down in front of the girl.

“Do you know where she went?”

“We were all playing hide and seek. I was the seeker, I found everyone else but her.”

The teacher got worried and started to looks for her. She looks up and down and couldn’t find her. She was freaking out. MinSeul couldn’t have gone out the classroom the door was locked. Suddenly she remember the box behind her desk when she came back in. She runs over and removes the books and opens the box.

“MinSeul!” she yelp. MinSeul was in the box unconscious, breathing heavily, and sweating. Her teacher took her out of the box. “MinSeul, gweanchah-a?” she pats her cheeks.

End

MinSeul was leaning up against the wall trying her best to breathe. The sweat was coming down her face as she sat there.

­­

Doo-Joon was in the school looking all over for MinSeul. He had no idea where she was but he hoped she was doing okay. He searched high and low for her but no luck.

Three Hours Ago

Doo-Joon sat in his car waiting for MinSeul to come out. He watch as everyone left the school one by one; still no sign of MinSeul. The last people he saw leave were the Queenkas. They were giggling about something. As they pass his car he hears something about lock up.

After an hour of waiting Doo-Joon got worried and tries to call her but she doesn’t pick up. He calls her grandmother; and she tells him that she never came home.

“MinSeul!” he got out of his car and began his search on the first floor, “MinSeul!”

Present

“MinSeul!” he yells out, “Where are you?”

 

The other three finally gets to the school and split into two groups. They are search high and low…they never knew how many storage rooms the school had until that day.

“MinSeul!” JunHyung yells, “If you hear me say something!” He ran to the second floor and open up any possible places she could be in. JunHyung notice a weird door and tries to open it but no luck. “MinSeul.”

She could barely hear him going in and out of conscious.

He hits the door, “MinSeul are you in there?” MinSeul tries to crawl over to the door but doesn’t get too far. He leans his ear up against the door.

“Jun-hyung.” She says with all she had left.

“MinSeul!” Everyone began magically appearing at the door.

“Is she in there?” Doo-Joon tries to turn the door knob.

“It is locked.” Said YeonYeon, “We have to get her out ASAP. She won’t last long…she is claustrophobic.”

The three guys look at each other and at that moment they thought the same thing. They all back up.

“MinSeul move away from the door.” JunHyung yells out. “Hana…dul…set.” All three of them ran and broke the door down.

MinSeul was laying in the puddle unconscious, Doo-Joon ran to her and held her in his arms. She was as cold as ice and barely breathing.

“MinSeul.” He kind of shook her but no response. He pick her up, “Move aside.” Doo-Joon runs out with MinSeul in his arms. YeonYeon and Gi-Kwang runs out after him. JunHyung felt ashamed that he just let the girl he liked get carried away right in front of him.

-----

MinSeul’s grandparents came running through MinSeul’s door. MinSeul was up but she was really weak. The other four stood around until she was ready to talk.

“MinSeul-ah.” Her grandmother was on the verge of tears.

“Min-ah.” Her grandfather looked relieve.

“Hal-eomoni. Hal-abeoji.” She tries to smile. “You guys didn’t have to come.”

“Why wouldn’t we have come?”

“We were so worried about you MinSeul-a.” he grandfather pinched her cheek, “We are glad you’re okay now.”  Grandmother looks over to the guys.

“Thank you. All of you guys thank you so much.”

“No problem hal-eomoni.” said JunHyung, “We’re glad we can help.” He notice the way DooJoon kept staring at her. “Hyung.” DooJoon looks at him, “You minds giving YeonYeon a lift back to her house…I don’t have my car.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I’ll head out with Hal-abeoji and Hal-eomoni later.”

“Arraso.” He looks at MinSeul, “Hope you feel better.” He leaves her side.

“Gomawa.” He looks at her and she smiles at him, “Jjinja…gomawa.” He smiles and leaves with GiKwang and YeonYeon.

“MinSeul,” Grandmother looks at her, “Hal-abeoji and I are going to go and see if they got anything for you to eat.”

“Mmm.” She nods. They both leave the two in the room by themselves. JunHyung was hesitant to say anything

“How are you feeling?” asks JunHyung

“Still a little shaky but I’ll manage.”

“Do you know who did this to you?”

“I believe we all know who did this.” She looks at him, “But let the past be the past…I don’t want any trouble.”

“How can you forgive them so easily and yet not even give hyung a chance?”

“Let’s not bring that up.”

“MinSeul, I want to protect you, and I know that you don’t want anyone like me.” JunHyung sat down right next to her bed, “You can’t assume everyone is going to be like hyung.” MinSeul laugh a little.

“I know…but if the pain is going to be the same, I rather just not deal with it.” JunHyung grabs her hand. She looks right at him in surprise.

“MinSeul I’m not going to be that guy.” He said sternly, “I am going to be there always and never fail you. Everything I said I meant it.”

“What about Doo-Joon?” JunHyung didn’t forget about Doo-Joon. It was just he didn’t want to think about Doo-Joon. “You guys are like brothers…I don’t want to destroy that relationship you guys have.” She was twist her hand from his grasp.

“MinSeul, do you still like hyung?” MinSeul didn’t answer him. She didn’t know how she felt about him, she was just angry and mad. JunHyung stood up, “Arraso.”

“JunHyung.”

“If you like Hyung don’t play with him.” He left her room.

-------

The next day MinSeul escaped from the hospital and went to school. She walk into the school not caring what anyone heard or thought about her.

“Min!” she hears JungHo scream for her. EunHye and JungHo ran right to her, “What are you doing at school?”

“Waeyo?”

“Gi-Kwang told me that you were hospitalized last night.”

“Nothing big.” MinSeul reassured him, “Just fainted a little.”

“That isn’t what he told me.”

“JungHo-oppa, I’m really okay.”

“MinSeul are you sure?” ask EunHye, “Fainting isn’t that easy to get over.”

“I know EunHye.” She smirks, “Thanks you anyways. Let get to class.”

“MinSeul.” She looks over JungHo’s shoulder and sees Doo-Joon heading over.

“Kaja.” She walks pass them.

“MinSeul.” She walked right pass him, “Why are you here? You should still be in the hospital.”

“I’m fine.” She continues without stopping.

 

JunHyung went and sat by Hyorin and Soyou. MinSeul walks to her desk and ignores them. Doo-Joon walks over to her desk.

“Gweachah-a?” he asked.

“Ne.” She couldn’t keep her eyes off of JunHyung for some reason.

“It is funny how someone can change so quickly.” Doo-Joon smirks

“No one stays the same forever Doo-Joon.”

“Here.” Doo-Joon gave her a piece of paper, “That is my number.”

“Why are you giving me this?”

“When you’re stuck in a problem and need someone to call.” MinSeul grabs her phone and enters his number. “No need to call me right now.”

“Then how are you going to get my number?”

“I already have it.” Doo-Joon smiles at her

“How did you get my number?”

“JunHyung.”

“Bwoh!”

“You wouldn’t give to me so of course I have to find me own way.”

 

Hyorin walks in the hallway heading back from the bathroom, when she gets stops.

“Doo-Joon oppa.” She smiles, “What is the honor that I get to stand in front of Doo-Joon?”

“I have a favor to ask?” he smiles

“Anything.” She flirted with him.

“I want you and your girls to stop messing with MinSeul.”

“Why on earth would I do that for?”

“You know exactly what you did.” Doo-Joon said sternly, “Either you guys stop or I report this to the principal for the reason why we broke down the school storage room door.”

“A-arraso.” Doo-Joon smiles and walks away.

.