Blue Moon

A Forgotten Silhouette

            MinSeul place the phone down next to her and took a deep breath, as she lean back on her parents’ couch. DooJoon looked at her and pats her shoulder.

            “Why didn’t you tell him where I was?” She asked him

            “I figure that you might not want me to tell him.” he hands her a napkin and she wipes her face, “Min you can’t hide like this forever you know?”

            “I’m scared of being hurt.”

            “Who isn’t scared of being hurt?” he sighs, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” She smiles, “Are you okay with going to the shop? Moon tells me that you are having a hard time going in.”

            “I’ve been going in but I’ve only been able to get past the front door.” She sighs because she is upset with herself, “I’ve worked so hard to get here and now I can’t even enter my own store.” He slowly holds her hand.

            “Min, everything is going to be fine. You just have to take everything slow.” He sighs, “I will be here to help you.”

            “Gomawo.” Mrs. Park was peeking at the two from the corner of the door.

------

            MinSeul parked her car in front of the shop. She takes a huge sigh before getting out of the car. She hesitates to walk into the store.

            “Min.” Moon walks towards her and hands her a blind fold, “Remember without your sight you won’t be scared.” MinSeul sighs before taking the blind fold and ties it around her eyes. Moon takes her hand.

            “One step at a time.” MinSeul sigh, “Tell me when you’re scared.” MinSeul nods. They both took a couple step towards the counter before MinSeul hesitated again. “Did you want to continue? If not we can stop.”

            “No, no…continue,” she swallowed her saliva. They took another step, “Okay stop.” She was a little scared.

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes.”

            “Okay I’ll take off your blindfold, but open your eyes when you’re ready.” MinSeul nods as Moon takes off the blindfold and puts it in her pocket. “Okay.” MinSeul hesitated for a sec but regain her composure.

            “Arraso.” She took a huge breath, “Hana…dul…set.” She slowly opens her eyes, staring at Moon first than her surroundings.

            “You okay?”

            “I feel fine.” She smiles and takes a step towards the back of the counter, “I’m still a little hesitant but I’m okay.” She was so glad she could stand in her store without freaking out.  She turns to look at the back room, “Should I try going to the back?”

            “I don’t think you should yet.”

            “But that is where my workshop is at.” She looks at Moon, “I have to catch up with all the orders.”

            “It is okay, I finished most of the orders already.” Moon tries to reassure her, “I was going to ask JungHo and DooJoon to help move your workshop out here and put some of the flowers in the back. So that customers can see you work your art.”

            “I don’t know about that.”

            “Min, just give it a try.” Moon smiles, “That is how people sell stuff at the markets. They make it there and fast. If people come in and see you do your thing you can make more money and attract more customers.”

            “Arraso.” She sighs. Moon jump for joy. The bell rings and a chill goes down MinSeul’s spine. Moon looks at her.

            “Gweanchah?”

            “Ne.” An older lady walks into the shop, “Hello, how can we help you?” The older lady was dress in similar clothes to that of MinSeul’s mom; fancy but casual. She observed the two girls from bottom to the top and walks towards Moon.

            “Are you Park MinSeul-ssi?”

            “Aniyo.”

            “I’m Park MinSeul,” MinSeul looks at the lady, “How may I help you?” The lady walks around and observe MinSeul once again.

            “Are you busy?”

            “No ma’am.”

            “Then do you mind accompanying me to have some lunch?” she smiles softly, “I want to talk about business with you.”

            “Umm….”

            “Go.” Moon whispers, “I’ll watch the shop.”

            “Alright then,” she smiles at MinSeul, “I’ll be waiting in my car.” MinSeul grabs her purse and follows the lady into her car.

-----

            DooJoon goes to the park and relaxes his mind. He closes his eyes and remembers MinSeul, the tough and lovely girl, and their old time together, but then Moon pops up in his head. The cute innocent Moon who was willing to listen and needed help. He felt happy when he was with her, but with MinSeul he felt like he needed to be with her.

            “MinSeul, ottoke?”

RING RING

            “Yeobosaeyo?” he answers

            “Is JunHyung with you?”

            “Aniyo, waeyo?”

            “All B2ST members are to attend the press conference in two days and I can’t get a hold of JunHyung.”

            “I’ll let him know.”

----

            MinSeul sat across from the lady, she was sipping her tea. MinSeul just stared down at the tea and anxiously waiting for the lady to talk.

            “You must be wondering who I am and why I brought you here?” she sets her tea down and slides her business card to MinSeul, “I’m here on behalf of CUBE Entertainment.” MinSeul looks at the card, “We’ve been told that your recent scandal with Yong JunHyung has angered many fans…also resulting you to be hospitalized.” MinSeul sits up.

            “I don’t mean to be rude, but what does me being hospitalize have anything to do with CUBE? Especially with Yong JunHyung?”

            “Your involvement with the B2ST group has caused chaos within the company, the scandals and the sudden ending of the engagement has made the rating go downhill.”         

            “The ending of my engagement has nothing to do with the media. The scandals with me in it were true. We were dating. I broke off the engagement because I wanted nothing to do with the media.” MinSeul sighs, “Do you know what it is like to be surrounded by the crowd of popularity all the time? Too be constantly looked down on because of what people think you lack…all my life I was that person. I admit that I did date DooJoon in high school and JunHyung and I had feelings for each other but what does that have to do with what is happening now?”

            “MinSeul-ssi, I’m just here to tell you to watch out with what you’re doing. Our company don’t want to be compensating you for anything that goes wrong.”       

            “You can tell your CEO or whoever is in charge not to worry about me. I won’t be suing for anything…I don’t want anything to do with your company. Just tell them to leave me alone…also the incident with me being hospitalize, leave it be.” MinSeul gets up.

            “Arasso, but I must request one thing…”

            “What?”

            “You must be at the next press conference with B2ST and clarify things up.”

            “There is no need for me to be there. There is nothing that I need to clarify, I cleared thing up during the last conference. We have nothing to do with each other anymore. He is with EunJi now, my statement is not needed.”

            “MinSeul-ssi, if you already don’t know, while you were unconscious in the hospital JunHyung was caught seeing you every day until he left to his concert. During that time EunJi and he, broke up; having the company making an official statement of the break up. Many fans and netizens are unsure and wants to know why things ended up this way.”

            “I was unconscious, how am I supposed to know?” MinSeul sighs, “Just leave me alone.” MinSeul grabs her bag and leaves.

            “MinSeul-ssi.” The lady stood up but she left out the door.

-----

            JunHyung drives all the way to HaNeul’s grave with a bunch of sunflowers. He places it on the small grave. He sighs and kneel on one knee.

            “Hey buddy.” He smiles, “Appa is here to see you. I brought you the flowers, appa hopes you like them.” His smile fade, “Appa wish you were here so that appa can see your face and see who you look like more. I want to see if you have you umma’s eye and her charm. To hold you in my arms and hear someone call me Appa; and greet me.” Tears began to glisten, “Your umma isn’t too happy with me right now.” he chuckles, “Please help appa out a little. Appa loves Umma but appa keeps hurting her. Appa doesn’t know what to do.” He gets up and walks away.

-----

            MinSeul and Moon closes up the shop together. MinSeul locks up the gate. “Alright.” MinSeul stood up, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”  

            “Bye MinSeul.”

            “Annyeong.” Moon walks to her car. MinSeul walks to her car and unlocks it.

            “MinSeul.” She stops and turns around, “We need to talk.”

            “JunHyung.” she takes a deep breath, “You really shouldn’t be here right now.”

            “Min…two minutes.” MinSeul places her hands on her hips and sighs, “Please.”

            “JunHyung…I really want to thank you, very much, for saving me and staying with me while I was in the hospital. I don’t know what happened when I was unconscious but I hope you made the right choices.”

            “Yes I did…and that was breaking up with EunJi.” MinSeul bits her lip, “MinSeul, when I thought I lost you my heart dropped.” He holds her arms, “I was so scared because you were barely breathing when we found you and you laid limp in my arms. When we got you to the hospital you seized and I went crazy. The doctor said if you didn’t wake before the next couple of days we would have to give up. A week in, you began stabilized and still in a coma.”

            “I got to go.”  

            “No Min…you remember when you told me that relationships were built on trust…” He took a deep breath, “I trusted and believe that you would wake up.”

            “I was prepared to die.”

            “Is that why you left the note?” JunHyung yelled, “The one note on your phone that confessed everything.” he had teary eyes, “When I saw your lifeless body in that fridge I died. I read your note and I felt guilty for you.” MinSeul was speechless. He stared into her frighten eyes.

            “I need time.” She trembled, “After all that has happened, I’m gonna need some time.”

            “You said that you loved me.”

            “I was dying JunHyung. The last time we talked you were someone else’s and I was scared to death. The first thing that went through my mind was you and HaNeul. It was me never seeing you again and myself meeting my little boy. Those last words to you were my true feelings.” MinSeul sighs, “If I could, I wish we could go back to the beginning.” She removes his hand and gets into the car and drives away. JunHyung watched her leave with his heart for a third time.

-------

            MinSeul walks down to the pond by her parents’ place and sits on the bench. She watches as the full blue moon shines upon the lake. She smiles for a bit before she began crying. He father walks down and sits next to her. She quickly wipes her tears.

            “Mind if I joined you?” she shook her head as he scoot closer to her, “Are you okay?”

            “I’m okay abeoji.” She sniffled.

            “You’re not okay.” He turned her head around, “When my daughter sits out here and cries her eyes red, that isn’t okay.” He sighs, “I know that I wasn’t the best father in the past but I’m still your father. So what is wrong?”

            “Appa…” She looked him in the eyes, “Hal-abeoji told me that you got umma pregnant, before marriage.” He nods with a guilty look, “Did you guys ever had any problem?”

            “Your umma didn’t tell me, I had to find out for myself.” He puts his hands over her shoulder, “I was scared at first but I was happy. It was hard for your umma and I, because we were a dishonor. That is why we didn’t want you to stay there because we didn’t want you to suffer the same fate.”

            “Appa, how can you love someone that has brought so much pain to you?” MinSeul sighs, “Time after time, but why do we stay?” He father pats her shoulder.

            “Look at the moon.” They both look, “Everyone month has one full moon. It is a beautiful sight and exceptionally more beautiful if you’re in the correct spot. Tonight we get to see a rare sight, the blue moon.” MinSeul looked up and saw bright moon shining.

            “It looks like any other full moon.”

            “True,” he smiled, “But this moon doesn’t happen quite often. Just like the moon, every guy appears to be the same, but there is that one that make a difference, one that appear not so often.” He lifts his daughter’s chin up, “You went these past couple of year getting on with your life and fighting your umma and I just to meet with him again, don’t you think you should give him a chance.”

            “I’m not giving myself a chance.” She wiped the tears from her eyes, “I fell in love even when I told myself not too. I was the one that let myself go and almost ended my life…I fell too easily. I can’t handle being hurt anymore.”

            “Are you saying that you well never fall in love again? Nor will you ever fall for JunHyung?” Mr. Park feels her head fall onto his shoulder, and he smiles. “My silly little girl.”

---------

            MinSeul walked out of her parents’ house and headed to her car when she gets dragged away into a car. MinSeul breaks free and turns to punch the person behind her.

            “Min-ah.” DongWoon puts his hands up, “It is me.”

            “DongWoon?” she took a deep breath, “What do you think you are doing?”

            “Umm,” he point to the driver seat where DooJoon was sitting and KiKwang in the passenger seat, “They told me to.”

            “Sorry Min,” said DooJoon, “It is the only way.”

            “For what?” he smirks

            “You’ll find out.”

            DooJoon has been driving for a while, barely making any stops along the way to make sure MinSeul didn’t escape. After five hours they arrived to the very first campsite MinSeul went to when they were high schoolers.

            “We’re here.” MinSeul got out of the car and saw the familiar scene she fell in love with in the past.

            “What are we doing here?” she turned around and asked him

            “Meeting JunHyung.” MinSeul’s heart stop for a second, “He wants to talk to you.”

            “Why?”

            “MinSeul just let him explain himself.” MinSeul started to walk back towards the camp entrance. “MinSeul.” DooJoon grabs her arms, “Please just talk to him.” she yanks it from his grip.

            “You know that I don’t want to talk to him…I can’t”

            “You’ve runaway for too long, it is time you face it.” MinSeul walks away when she felt someone pull her again, this time it was JunHyung. His facial expression was stern. MinSeul didn’t say a word except look at him. He pulled her closer.

            “You told me that you wanted to go back to the beginning…the place where it all began.” His eyes full of sorrow, “We’ve came back.” MinSeul closed her eyes, “to when I first fell for you.”