Party

A Forgotten Silhouette

            It has been only a couple of days and the awkwardness between the two was so intense that it was noticeable. You could cut it with a knife. MinSeul and JunHyung haven’t talked to each other and that kind of spilt a line between them and their friends.

            “DooJoon hyung,” ask DongWoon, “What is with JunHyung hyung?” DooJoon sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

            “JunHyung’s girlfriend came here to find him.” He sighs again, “He can’t make a decision between MinSeul and NaEun so now he is stuck. MinSeul on the other hand…I don’t know how she is coping with all this.”

MinSeul walked to class with YeonYeon. She felt a little better but not completely. "MinSeul-a." said YeonYeon, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." MinSeul smiles back at her; but she didn’t really believe it, "Would I lie to you?"

"Is that a trick question?" MinSeul smirks at YeonYeon.

"Arraso." MinSeul puts her hand up, "I serious though I'm fine." When they got to the classroom. JunHyung was sittitng in his seat with NaEun in her seat. MinSeul stood there for a second before JunHyung realized she was there.

"MinSeul." NaEun's head popped up.

"MinSeul." she got up and hugged her. "Good Morning."

"Morning." MinSeul replies.

"Sorry about your desk." said NaEun, "I just wanted to hang out with oppa before class started."

"Gweanchah-a." MinSeul smiles, "Class doesn’t start until a little later anyways." She looked a JunHyung and saw the look in his eyes. Both their hearts pulling towards each other. NaEun walks back to JunHyung and kisses his cheek.

“I’ll see you later.” She smiles and leave the room. MinSeul walks over and sits in her desk. JunHyung couldn’t say anything but look over at her. She ignored him and took out her books.

--------

MinSeul no longer sat with the guys at lunch, and they missed her laugh and jokes. She sat across the cafeteria with YeonYeon and JungHo, just like how they were before. NaEun had her arm wrapped around JunHyung and she fed him food that she made.

MinSeul ate without a care in the world. Just then one of the underclassmen came and sat next to MinSeul. It was one of the girls from camp.

“Anneyeonghaeseyo.” She greeted them,

“Hello.” MinSeul replied, “Can I help you with something?”

“Actually,” the underclassmen had something in her hand. She didn’t look up at MinSeul, “A lot of my classmate and I have heard about what has happened to you and JunHyung oppa.” MinSeul looks at JunHyung and YeonYeon, “We thought that it was unfair and think that you will have a chance.”

“Bwoh?” ask YeonYeon. She hands the paper in her hand to MinSeul. MinSeul took it and open it up. It was the flyer for the talent show not too long form now.

“This-.”

“We heard that you are talented in many things and was hoping that you would enter the contest and win.” She stands up, “We ship you and oppa together and hope that you don’t let us down.” She walked quickly away.

            “Wait!” MinSeul yells, “Huh.” She sighs.

            “Bwoyeo?” YeonYeon smile, “How come I didn’t even know that MinSeul was being shipped with JunHyung?”

            “I don’t know either.” MinSeul actually felt happy, “Should I do it?” she ask them two.

            “MinSeul…” YeonYeon smiles, “If you really mean what you said, I think you should do it.”

            “Jjinja?”

            “Jjinja.”

            “I don’t think you should do it.” JungHo said          

            “Why shouldn’t she?” ask YeonYeon, “I see it as a perfect opportunity.”

            “Yeah?” He gave her a sarcastic look, “I see it as another reason to get MinSeul to be made a target by another girl.” He looks at her, “In this case like another hundred…if there are fans, there will be anti-fans. Don’t forget that.” MinSeul sighs, she knew what he was saying was the truth.

            “Yah!” YeonYeon shove JungHo over, “What is wrong with you? You are supposed to be supporting her; not bringing her down.”

            “Yah.”

            “No, he is right.” MinSeul sighs, “I’m going to have to think this over.”

            “MinSeul, you should just do it.” YeonYeon reassures her, “Who knows you might not even win.”

 

            MinSeul sat on the benches at the side of the school. She looked at the flyer and just kept staring at it.

            “What are you looking at?” MinSeul was startled and looks up. NaEun was sitting on the bench right above her.

            “Oh NaEun-ssi.” NaEun sits down next to her, “I was just looking at the flyer.”

            “What flyer?” NaEun looks over her shoulder, “Isn’t that the one we put up the other day?”

            “N-ne.”

            “Are you planning on entering?”

            “I was.”

            “But aren’t you friends with them anyways?” NaEun chuckles, “It wouldn’t be weird if you just ask one of them on a date.”

            “I wasn’t doing it because I wanted to go on a date…but there is a cash reward too.”

            “Jjinja?”

            “Ne…I believe it was $300.”

            “Jjinja.” MinSeul nods, “I want to enter…but I don’t have any special talent.” NaEun shakes her head, “If you win, who are you going to pick?”

            “I don’t know…I was just entering to for the prize money.”

            “What does second place get?”

            “I believe it was just a date with one of the Queenkas or kingkas.”

            “So it is great if you win 2nd place too?”

            “Yeah…if that was your goal in the first place.”

            “NaEun what are you doing?” a male voice asked. Both of the girls looks up and saw JunHyung. “Oh hi MinSeul.” MinSeul bows at JunHyung.

            “What do you want Junnie?”

            “I just came to find you.” MinSeul got up.

            “Um…I should get going.” MinSeul bows, “It was good talking to you NaEun-ssi.” She bows her head and then turns to JunHyung, “JunHyung.” she leaves.

 

            Gi-Kwang walks pass YeonYeon’s locker. She was by herself.

            “Yeonnie.” She looks at him.

            “Oh, Gi-Kwang.”

            “Do you want to hang out at DooJoon’s place later?”

            “What are you guys doing?”

            “We’re all just going to study and maybe swim a little.” Gi-Kwang scratch his head, “You can come with hyung if you like. I didn’t get to invite him.”

            “I’ll let him know then.” She smiles at him, “Thanks GiKwang.”

            “No problem.” He smiles, “Let MinSeul know too.”

            “Arraso.” As he was about to walk away she calls him out, “Gi-Kwang.”

            “Ne.” he turn around so fast.

            “Can you not act weird around me?” he didn’t say anything, “I know that what happened between us wasn’t a great thing but…” she took a deep breath, “can you just be my friend again.”

            “I can never say no to you.” She smiles and goes hug him. It took him by surprise.

            “Gomawa.” He smiles and hugs her back.

-------

MinSeul Pov

            I walked in behind JungHo and Yeonnie. I’ve never been in DooJoon’s house before, and I can say it is pretty big. As soon as you walk in there is a white staircase on the left of the house and a room at the end of the stairs. About 6ft to the left there is a door leading to what I think is the living room. I followed JungHo and Yeonnie it that room and it was huge. It wasn’t the living room but a study room with thousands of book lined up against the walls.

            “Hey guys.” HyunSeung greeted us. I got to saw he was really pretty for a guy. I never got a good look at him before. “You can sit anywhere. Right now the guys are doing chemistry, if you guys want to join just come over. Other than that feel free to do what you want.”

            “Kasamhabida.” JungHo replied.

            “No problem.” I looked right over at me, “MinSeul-ssi?”

            “Ne?”

            “DooJoon hyung wanted to talk to you.” Why would he want to talk to me? I followed him down some halls. I was lead into a random room, filled with instruments. “I’ll tell hyung, you have arrived.”

            I walked around the room and saw all the different instruments. There wasn’t a whole lot of instruments. Just enough to make really awesome music.

            “Find one you like?” DooJoon was standing at the door.

            “Not really.” He walks over to the piano and picks up a case for an instrument. He the black case and pulled out a violin.

            “If I remember correctly you used to play this one.” He held the beautiful wooden violin in his hands. I don’t know how much it cost but it was a beauty.

            “If I did.”

            “You should play it again.” He smirks, “For the talent show.”         

            “What do you know about the talent show?” he smirks at me.

            “Enough.” He walks over and hands it to me, “With this I bet you will win.”

            “I can’t take this.”

            “Why not?”

            “Because it isn’t mines to take.”

            “Min, you can borrow it. Just return it to me in one piece.”

            “Kasamhabida.” I didn't know how huge my smile was but I bet the cat from Alice and wonderland would have been jealous.

“You should smile that more.”  As soon as he said that I stopped smiling.

“Thanks.” I quickly nodded

“Are you staying for the BBQ later?”

“Umm …we'll see.” I walked back to the study and the guys were huddle around JungHo and somebody. DooJoon and I walked closer and saw JungHo and JungHyung arm wrestling. NaEun was sitting beside him cheering him on.

“MinSeul-ssi.” Someone tapped my shoulder. I saw JunHyung look over at me. DongWoon came and pulled me closer to the table, “C’mon everyone is taking a little break from studying.”

“What are you guys doing exactly?”

“Loser has to buy the meat for the BBQ.”

“Jjinja?”

“Yeap.” Said Yeosob, “And the guy gets to pick whoever they want to go with them.”

“Did you guys already go?”

“Yeah…I verse HyungSeung and lost. DongWoon and Gi-Kwang versed each other and Gi-Kwang won. It is out of JunHyung and JungHo now.”

“What about Doo-Joon?”

“Hyung is providing everything else.”

“Ha!” Our attention turns towards the game. It looked like JunHyung lost. JungHo stood up in victory with a huge smile. NaEun looked disappointed in him. After rounds of arm wrestling the winner who got immunity was JungHo. GiKwang and HyunSeung were in charge of prepping. JunHyung, Yoesob and DongWoon got meat.

“Girls get ranked too.” Yeosob said closely to my ear. “Three ranks…you either buy meat, prep, or immunity.”

“How do you determine that?” ask NaEun

“Easy.” He pulled out three sticks.

“That is nothing compared to what you guys did.” NaEun complained because it wasn’t as exciting.

“You shouldn’t be doing anything crazy anyways.” Said JunHyung, “You aren’t in that great of a condition anyways.”

“I’m fine.” She pouts and grabs one of the stick in Yeosob’s hand. YeonYeon does the same and I did the same. I got “immunity” and YeonYeon got “meat”.

Everyone left to their specific places and I went in to a separate room. I took out the violin that DooJoon let me borrow. I pulled up some old music score I download on my surface 2.

TRAP- BY Henry Lau

After about an hour I decided to stop and take a break. When I walked out into the kitchen I saw JunHyung with NaEun. “You guys are back already?” I looked around and didn’t see JungHo, “Where is JungHo?”

“JungHo and JunHyung switched places, because he didn’t want YeonYeon-ssi to go with the guys.” Said NaEun. She rubs her back.

“Gweanchah-a?” JunHyung asked her and then looked at me.

“Ne.”

“You’ve been working for a while now.” I volunteered, “How about you go take a rest and I can finish things up here.”

“It is okay I got it.”

“NaEun,” JunHyung said her name with so much care, “Just go take a rest.” After some convincing she finally went and rested. I tied my hair up, put on an apron and started cutting veggies. JunHyung was preparing the batter for the panckaes. “Thanks Min. NaEun hasn’t been feeling that great.”

“It okay it is the least I could do.”

“So what was you doing in the room there?”

“Practicing.”

“For what?”

“It isn’t anything important.” JunHyung wipes his face with his hand leaving a white powder mark on his face. “Hey Jun-.” I paused

“Hmm?” he looked at me.

“You got a little something there.” I pointed to my face showing where it was on his face. He missed and got more powder on his face. I couldn’t help but chuckle a bit. “Here let me help you.” I wiped his face with my hand. When I was done we both just kept staring at each other.

“MinSeul.”

“Hmm?”

“I-I-I,” he took a deep breath, “I want you to know something?”

“What?”

SPLASH!

We both got up and followed where the noise came from. It came from the outside. The guys had pushed DooJoon into the pool. JunHyung and I went down and took a look.

“DooJoon, gweanchah-a?”

“Ne.” he was somewhat swimming towards the ladder. His white t-shirt was drenched through. I grabbed a towel on the towel rack and walked over towards him. “Kasamhabida.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Ne.” GiKwang and HyungSeung were laughing so hard in the back. I went and gave DooJoon a hand. The next thing I knew, I was head first into the water. Before falling I felt something strong holding onto to me. When I got out of the water JunHyung was holding me by my waist.

“Gweanchah-a?” he asked me out of breath. I nodded still a little embarrassed. DooJoon was on the side of the ladder waiting to pull me out. Hyunseung and GiKwang ran towards us with towels.

“Miahnae, MinSeul.” Said GiKwang, “We meant to push JunHyung, but he dragged you in there with him.”

“It is okay.” I grabbed the towel and wrapped myself with it.

“MinSeul,” I turned and face him, “I’m sorry, I grabbed onto to the first thing I could get my hands on and you were the first thing.”

“It is okay, I’m fine.”

JunHyung Pov

            MinSeul and I tried to pull DooJoon out of the pool. All of a sudden I felt a force push me towards. I lost my balance and grabbed MinSeul along with me. After the whole incident we decided to finally start the BBQ.

            The guys and YeonYeon finally arrived later.

            “What happened to you three?” Yeosob asked. We all looked at GiKwang and HyungSeung. “Without us?”

            “Mianhae, we just couldn’t wait.”

            “Ppalli and get the meat ready, the fire is ready already.” I said a little annoyed.

           

            The girls began to set up the table and pretty soon the table was full. DooJoon started to cook the meat and pretty soon everyone was seated and ready to eat.

            “Ahchoo.” MinSeul sneezed, “Excuse me.” Her nose sounded stuffed

            “Are you okay MinSeul?” ask YeonYeon

            “Ne…It was just a sneeze.” She looked at everyone, “Dig in, I’m fine.” I broke the tension and stood up.

            “You guys heard the lady; let’s eat.” I sat back down.

            “What was that all about?” ask NaEun. I shook my head and ate.

Author Pov

            After the BBQ everyone left one by one. MinSeul was heading into JungHo’s car when JunHyung stopped her.

            “JungHo hyung,” the three of them look at him, “If it isn’t much trouble I can take MinSeul home. We live on the same street it easier for me.”

            “It is okay, you have to take NaEun home anyways.”

            “Ahh…about that.” He scratched his head.

            “What is wrong?”

            “I guess we stayed out too longer for her and she got tired and called her aunt to pick her up.”

            “So NaEun left already.”

            “Ne.” JungHo looks at MinSeul. She kind of shook her head. JunHyung noticed it and grabs a hold of her arm.

            “She’ll get home safely.” JungHo stared at him, “I promise. And if I don’t you know where I live.” JunHyung drags MinSeul to his car. She didn’t even try to get away from him.

            “Yah!” YeonYeon shouted.

            “It is okay…MinSeul knows how to deal with guys like him.” JungHo reassured her, “If anything happens she’ll know what to do.”

 

            JunHyung and MinSeul didn’t talk to each other the ride home. JunHyung was nervous as if he had something on his mind.

            “How have you been?”

            “Better.” MinSeul felt kind of drowsy. Her eyes were barely opening.

            “That is great.” He smiles to himself, “So about earlier…” he looked over and her eyes were closed. He sighs, “Maybe next time.” As he drove home he notice her breathing heavily. “MinSeul, gweanchah-a?” no answer. He looks over and she was sweating. “MinSeul.” He freaked out. He taps her a little, “You’re burning up.” He drove as fast as he could home.

            When that got outside the house he parked his car and ran to the other side of the car and open the door. He got to her level and taps her face.

            “MinSeul, MinSeul.” He held her face in his hands. She didn’t move. He unbuckles her and picks her up in his arm and runs into his home. He lays her on his bed. “I need you to get out of those wet clothes.”

            After changing her clothes with the most difficulties he has ever had in his entire life he went and got some medicine for her. He had a cold towel on her head. “MinSeul, can you hear me?” No answer. He got worried and panicked a little. He notice her lips turning blue. “MinSeul.” His heart was dropping because he couldn’t really do anything.

            “Cold.” She spoke without opening her eyes. “I’m so cold.” He didn’t know what to do. He climbed onto the bed, covered her with a blanket and wrapped his arms around her.

            “Mianhae, Min.”