A New Light

A Forgotten Silhouette

            MinSeul felt his hand on her face. She gasp before looking back down at JunHyung. He was barely opening his eyes. “Gweancha-ah?” her hand held onto his face, “JunHyung-a.” he didn’t answer her instead he kept his eyes on her, “I’m gonna go get help.” She was about to leave but he grabs her wrist. “What is wrong?”

            “hajima.” He sound like he was in pain, “Don’t leave me.”

            “We have to get you help.” She was anxious, “Your temperature isn’t going down.”

 

            MinSeul helps JunHyung up. She slung one of his arm around her neck and they walked into the B2ST’s dressing room. She laid him down on the couch. She takes out her phone and looks up how to cool down his temperature. She grabs one of the towel and opens a water bottle and pours the water on the towel. She places the cold compress on his head. She looks through her bag and found some headache medicine.

            “Get up.” She helps him up and hands him the medicine, “Take this.” He took the medicine and the water. She lays him back down. He closes his eyes and she was about to put the water away but he grabs her hand. She looks at him.

            “Just this one last time.” He said softly, “Let me hold your hand one last time.” MinSeul didn’t say a thing but sat there staring at him sleep.

            “This is all my fault” she whispers to herself, “Why do I have to be so weak? I let every little thing bother me. I was so hurt in the past that I couldn’t do anything but run away. I use up every excuse I can to get away, but….but all I just really wanted was to stay by you.” she caresses his face, “I couldn’t even stay away from you like I promise. I guess I can only love you from afar now.”

 

            She stared at him for a while before she slips her hand slowly away from him. She grabs her handbag and places a kiss on his head. “Bye JunHyung…for the last time.” she walks out of the room. All the guys ran from the door to the closest corner and hid. MinSeul stops and all the guys hold their breath, “Keep an eye out for him…for me please.” She keeps walking.

            “How did she know we were here?” ask DongWoon.

            When the guys came into the room JunHyung was sitting up with the compress in his hand. He was staring at his hand.

            “JunHyung.” DooJoon walk up to him, “Are you okay?” JunHyung was lost in his own thoughts.

----------

            MinSeul laid a blanket down in her front yard next to a tree. She brought herself a glass of wine and a cup. She sat and watched the sunset and the stars and moon appear.

            “Annyeong.” She smiles at the moon, “How are you this evening?” she talks to it, “I’m okay I guess.” She was half buzz, “I’m leaving here soon. In three days to be exact.” She chuckles, “I bringing no one with me…but I hope to meet you there.” She sighs, “You’ll be there right?” she pours the wine into the cup and lift it up, “Here is to a new start.” She chugged the whole cup.

            “MinSeul.” Moon walked through her doors, “What are you doing?”

            “Just watching the moon.” She looks at her, “Come, sit.” Moon walks towards her and sat down, “What are you doing here?”

            “Umm…DooJoon told me that you went to the company today. And that you took care of JunHyung.” MinSeul nods.

            “Yes I did.” She smiles

            “Unnie, what is the point of leaving if you keep doing that?”

            “Today is my last day.” MinSeul pour another cup, “I’m spending the next couple of days packing.” She looks at Moon, “Thanks again Moon for taking over the shop.”

            “Unnie” she sounded sad “What if I lose the shop?”

            “Then you lose it.” MinSeul said without hesitation, “No business can stay open forever.” MinSeul stood up, “Don’t worry too much.”

            “Did you tell him?”

            “I told him that it was the last time we were ever going to see each other.” MinSeul tears fell, “I hope the next time I see him he is married or happy with someone.”

            “Unnie.”

            “Moon…he and I was only meant to come this far.” She smiles, “Make sure you and DooJoon don’t end like us. The pain would be hard for you to handle.” MinSeul drunk straight from the bottle. Moon didn’t do anything but watched it happen. MinSeul placed her head on Moon’s shoulder.

            ------

            JunHyung stayed in bed the whole day the next day, while MinSeul was packing her things. They both stared at their phone waiting for the other to text them. MinSeul went to her father’s company to sign some papers. On the way she bumped into Yoseob.

            “Noona.”        

            “Hi.” She smiles, “What are you doing here?”

            “I was here with the CEO. He is in a meeting with your appa I believe.” He sighs, “What about you?”

            “I’m here to meet my appa.” She smirks, “How is JunHyung?”

            “He was put on bedrest.” Yoseob sighs, “Manager-hyung said that he was having a fever from not taking a rest.” MinSeul nods

            “YoSeob.”

            “Ne.”

            “Please take good care of him on my behalf, jebal.”

            “What is wrong?”

            “Nothing…we just promise to not see each other anymore.”

            “Is that necessary?” he looked kind of annoyed. These two loved each other so much they wanted to stay away from each other.

            “Don’t worry about us. Just…keep doing what you are doing okay.” She smirks, “It was good seeing you.” MinSeul walks away to her father’s office. When MinSeul got there the CEO had just left.

            “Appa.”

            “You’re here?”

            “Ne.” she sit in the seat across her father, “Where am I going?”

            “Paris.” He smiles.

            “Appa we don’t have a branch there.”

            “I know…you’re going on behalf of CUBE.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “Since we have a share with CUBE we have to take care of a branch, and we so happen to get the one in Paris. Since you went into dance for a while it won’t be a bad idea for you to go there and teach a little.”

            “Appa.”

            “It is this or nothing.”

            “Arraso,” she scoffs, “when do I leave?”

            “The day after tomorrow.” He puts some papers in front of her, “You just have to sign these paper and an application.” MinSeul read it and sign the papers, “Did you need anything else?”

            “Aniyo…just a ride there.” Her father nod

------

            MinSeul sat in her somewhat empty house with boxes around her. She looks around as the moving guys came and got her stuff and put it in the truck. Her father’s driver came to pick her up.

            “Miss are you ready?”

            “Ne.” he took her suitcase and took it to the car. MinSeul took her time walking to the car. When she got there, Moon, YeonYeon, and JungHo was waiting. “What are you guys doing here?”

            “Yah.” YeonYeon said sternly, “Why did I have to hear from Moon that you were leaving huh? JungHo and I drove all morning to make sure we caught you before you leave.” She sighs, “Are we not friends anymore?”

            “Yeonnie, it isn’t that.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “I didn’t want to make a big a commotion.” MinSeul felt tears, “I didn’t want JunHyung to know that I was leaving. I knew that if you found out most likely the guys would.”

            “Min.” YeonYeon’s eyes teared up, “What am I going to do if you leave?”

            “Call me every day.” MinSeul smiles, “I will answer.” The driver came to Minseul.

            “Miss we have to go if you don’t want to miss your flight.” She nods.

            “Bye guys.” She hugs every one of them, “I’ll call as soon as I land.” MinSeul was hesitant to get into the car at the tears of her friends. MinSeul waves good-bye to as the car drive off. She sat and looked at the beauty that she was going to leave behind. In her pocket her phone rang nonstop.

            “Miss are you going to get that?” she looked at her phone.

            “Aniyo.” She places it in her pocket.

The Night Before

            MinSeul looked at her phone that had been sitting on her drawer for the last hour. She was debating on calling him but she didn’t know if she should.

            “This would be your last time.” She thought to herself before picking up the phone and dialing his number. As soon as it rang she ended the call and stared at her phone. “What are you thinking?” she took a deep breath and redial his number, it rang a little before he picked it up.

            “Yeobosaeyo?” she heard his raspy voice

            “Hey…it is me.” He was kind of happy, “How are you feeling?”

            “I still have a headache but…I’m getting better.”

            “That is good.” She felt her heartache and her stomach became a pit of guilt.

            “So why did you call me?”

            “Oh…I was just wondering if you were doing better.”

            “Why didn’t you just come and see me?” he sounded disappointed.

            “I think it is best if we didn’t see each other.” she took a deep breath, “If I see you I might not be able leave you alone.” He notices the trembling in her voice.

            “Are you okay Min?”

            “Ye-yeah…I’m fine.” She wipes the tear from under her eye, “I just have a stuffy nose and…”, The tears were filling her eye quicker, “I’m sorry.” He heard her sniffles through the phone, “JunHyung...if you had one wish, what would you wish for?”

            “I…I wish I had the ability to turn back time, so that I would be able to protect and maybe HaNeul would have come into this world and we wouldn’t be like this.” MinSeul was wiping her tears left and right, “What about you?”

            “My wish is that if one of us was to disappear, we’ll meet again.” MinSeul took a deep breath, “JunHyung.”

            “huh?”

            “Take care of yourself, arraso.” He didn’t reply, “Good Night.” She hung up the phone and her tears was like a rain as she sat on her bed.

            JunHyung kept his ear on his phone hoping she was still on the other line. “My real wish is that I would have never made the decision of becoming an idol and just stick to you.” He places his phone down slowly. “You don’t know how bad I wanted to stop you from exiting out those door…” the tears fell from his face.

            MinSeul held on tightly to her phone as she cried her eyes out. She looked at her home screen. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Present

            MinSeul turned off her phone and closed her eyes.

-------

            JunHyung gets angry because MinSeul wasn’t picking up his calls. He gets up from his bed and puts his jacket on. He freezes as he reached for the door knob.

            “I’ll stop showing up in front of you. I hope not to run into you in the future.”

            He opens the door and walks out of his room without even looking at his buddies. He gets into his car and drives to MinSeul’s house, with many things in mind. When he pulls up in front of the house the moving truck was still there. He got out of his car and walks towards the moving guys.

            “Excuse me,” he stops two guys moving her couch, “but do you know where the owner of this house went to?”

            “She left with her chauffer.”

            “Do you know where?” the younger guys fix his hat.

            “She had two luggage with her.” The guy tried to remember, “Maybe to the airport.” He remembers what she had said to him last night.

            “Do you know how long they’ve been gone?”

            “About thirty minutes already.”

            “Kamsahamnida.” He ran back to his car and drove off.

------

            MinSeul sat outside the boarding gate reading a book. She had sunglasses to cover her puffy eyes and a cap that covers her face.

            “Umm excuse me.” A teenager walked up to her. She looked at the teenager, “Are you Park MinSeul by any chance? JunHyung’s ex-fiancée.”

            “I’m sorry I think you got the wrong person.” She gave the girl a small smile.

            “I’m sorry, I just that you look like her.” The girl smiles at her, “I just really wanted to let her know that I support her and JunHyung’s relationship and what they fought for.”

            “Why do you say that?”

            “I heard about their story from my aunt…she was MinSeul-ssi’s classmate, an underclassman actually.” she sat down next to her, “She told me that MinSeul-ssi hated popular people out of all things possible…she even stood up to the Queenkas. My auntie admires her bravery.”

            “You believe what your aunt told you?” the teenager nod

            “My aunt told me that she soon fell for JunHyung, but things kept coming in their way…in the end MinSeul-ssi ran off after graduation. JunHyung looked for her everywhere but couldn’t find her. My aunt kept in contact with them after they graduated for a little while. She was told the song ‘Yet’ was meant for MinSeul-ssi.” She felt her heart race a bit, “Basically it meant that they never really broke up to him. Eventually they met again.” She took a deep breath, “I really want to meet her.”

            “Why?”

            “Because I feel like she can relate to me.” The girl’s smile disappears, “Why does the status of a person matter when the only thing that really matter is the heart?”

            “People look at outer appearance before the inside.” MinSeul said those words sadly, “All I can say is that if you think he is worth fighting for than go with it.”

            “May all flight heading to Paris report to gate 13.”

            “That is my flight.” MinSeul stood up, “It was nice talking to you. Fighting!” She walks towards the gate with her carry-on on her back. She got in line and put her book in her bag and took out her ticket. “Time to leave again.” She sighs. She was walking in the line when she felt someone pull her back.

            “Yah Park MinSeul.” Yong JungHyung was out of breath, “Where do you think you are going?” everyone began to gather as people recognize him.

            “Let go of me.” MinSeul said quietly

            “Why do you always leave?” his voice was stern, “Why do you always get to leave first?”

            “Because I am the only one capable of doing it. I’m the only one allowed to do it. The world will not wonder about me nor will it miss me when I am gone.”       

            “What about me? Am I nobody?”

            “You’re one in a trillion.” She sighs, “You are the important one, the one that everyone will wonder what happened to. You have tons of fans who do anything to make you happy and fight other to make sure you aren’t harm…I can’t even do that. I’m not worthy of your relationship.”

            “Excuse me,” the flight attendant came towards her, “Are you boarding?”

            “Yes, I am coming.” MinSeul turns and look at JunHyung, “JungHyung, we ended our relationship and agreed to never see each other again. I hope you can stick to that.” MinSeul removes his hand, “Bye Yong JungHyung.”  MinSeul walks towards the gate.

            “MinSeul.” She turns back to look at him, “I’ll be waiting for you.” She smiles with tears and walked towards the door gate.