Arraso

A Forgotten Silhouette

Author Pov

“Ah-choo!” MinSeul sneezed

“Bless you.” Said DongWoon

“Gomawa.” She said with a stuffing nose.

“Seems like someone is talking about you?” HyunSeung commented, handing her a tissue.

“Ah-choo!” she took the tissue, “Thank you.”

Gi-Kwang and YeonYeon were too busy talking to each other; forgetting the others. JungHo would occasionally look at them and then go back to talking to EunHye. He doesn’t know what to do? Yeon Yeon laughed occasionally at Gi-Kwang’s joke, trying to get used to EunHye. But in her heart she felt something stirring.

“Yeonnie-ah.” She smiles at Gi-Kwang, “Are you feeling okay?” she scrunched up her forehead. “You don’t feel weird when you see hyung and EunHye together like that?” She turns and looks at JungHo and EunHye.

“What can I do? He loves her.” She looks back at Gi-Kwang, “I’m just a friend.”

“Yeonnie.” He stared into her eyes, “If you want to remember everything…I’ll help you to the best of my abilities…as long as you promise to keep smiling no matter what.” YeonYeon smiles at him.

The other guys were too busy asking MinSeul whole bunch of question that they left the couples behind. MinSeul couldn’t help but laugh at their stupidity and see how close they all were.

“MinSeul-ssi,” YoSeob felt a little scared, “Do you remember throwing a football at me?” MinSeul thought about it and started to chuckle at little bit.

“Ne…waeyo?”

“Why did you throw it at me?”

“Umm aren’t you suppose to throw that football? That is what it’s for right?”

“What he us trying to say is why did you hit him with it?” said DongWoon

“Oh….hahaha.” she looks at Yoseob, “Mianhae, I was mad earlier that day and my temper got the best of me. You just caught me at the wrong time.” Yoseob rub the back of his neck and just nod.

“MinSeul-ssi, I heard you lived in the big city before,” said HyungSeung, “Why move to the small city?”

“Umm.” She glance quickly at Doo-Joon who just stood quietly in the back, “well…I had some personal problems back home and my parents and I, we decided it was best to send me to my grandparents.”

“Was it that serious?”

“To me it was but maybe not to you guys.” MinSeul wanted to escape the questioning, “How about let’s go on another ride before it gets dark.” She ran off with the guys going after her.

-------

 MinSeul Pov

As soon as I got home I went straight to my room and fell onto my bed. I haven’t had this much fun since I left the city.

“Those boys are definitely something else.” I said to myself.

At The Park

I was getting into my car to leave when all the boys started to crowd at my car. They had huge smiles on their faces. As if they were expecting me to do something.

“Waeyo?” I asked. DongWoon, who I finally found out was actually the youngest in the group instead of Yoseob, pulls out his phone and hands it to me. “What is this?”

“Can I have your number?” I could help but laugh.

“Are you going to take me out on a date?” I said sarcastically I could immediately tell he was blushing, “I’m just kidding.” I grab his phone and put down my number. “Here…don’t lose it. I’m only giving it to you once.” He smile from ear to ear and left to his ride. Yoseob and the HyungSeung did the same thing and I gave them my number. Doo-Joon walks up to me with his hands in his pocket and lean against my car.

“So…are we okay now?”

“I don’t know.” I could hear it in his voice that he was disappointed. I know that I don’t have to rights to be made but I didn’t want to give in that easily.

“Min-ah.” I glare at him, “MinSeul, I’ve tried.”

“Doo-Joon ssi, trust can’t be given it has to be earned…it is going to take more than a day at the park to gain that.”

“What about my friends?”

“They’re in a different situation from you.” I sigh, “They got the same chance you got when we first met…a clean slate. I don’t want to talk about this with you right now Doo-Joon. Don’t ruin today for me.” Doo-Joon sighs and walks to his car. MinSeul sighs before getting into her car. JunHyung ran towards her car.

“MinSeul.” She rolled down her window.

“Ne?”

“How did you like it today?” he smiles

“It was good…except for the part that you guys were late?” she stares at him and they both chuckle.

“MinSeul what were you and Doo-Joon talking about?”

“Trust issues. Nothing new.”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, I don’t think he is though.”

End

All of a sudden her phone vibrates. She looks at the unknown number on her cellular. She opens up the message.

“Hope you have fun tonight with us. Good Night and safe dreams -^_^ Yoseob”

MinSeul chuckles a little bit.

Ne and gomawa. Night Yoseob.-MS”

I got two of the same message from DongWoon and Yeonnie before I could finally fall asleep. I was too tired to take a shower.

 

Yeonnie and I head back to school like usual; but today was no ordinary day. When we past the gates I felt eyes on me…us. Every girl in school was staring holes into our backs. I felt Yeonnie pushing me forward, because she knew that I would burst and say something stupid in a sec.

“Kaja.” I followed her to the front of the school but got stopped by some girls. I was about to say something when I saw Ami and Karen, the two underclassmen, running towards us.

“MinSeul.” Karen was breathing hard as they stood beside me.

“What is going on?” I asked her, “Why is everyone staring at me like I have something weird on my face?”

“It is Hyorin and Bora.” Ami whispers, “They went and spread some kind of rumor about you and YeonYeon.” I glared at the girls around me, “Something about you trying to seduce the KingKas this weekend.” I scoff. I couldn’t believe my ears. I glare at the girls preventing us from going in.  I looked at all four of them.

“Get out of my way.” No one budge, “Yah! You either move or I make you move.” I said sternly. I saw the hesitation in their eyes. I walked right pass them and enter the school. When I got into the school, pictures were all plastered over the walls and lockers.

It was pictures of us all of us that weekend on rides together and eating together with huge bold letters on each, saying the same thing. It was a picture of me giving my number to all of them separately.

SCHOOL LONER TRIES TO GET KINGKAS

I saw Yeonnie staring at one with her and Gi-Kwang in it. She had her arms around his and they were both smiling. The caption on the picture said.

NOT AS INNOCENT AS SHE SEEMS

“Kaja.” I walk to class with people staring at me and Yeonnie. I tried my best to ignore them and kept walking. When I open to door to my classroom I saw the four girls standing by Hyorin’s seat.  I walked to my desk and on it was a huge piece of paper taped on my desk that said . I heard them chuckle as Yeonnie walked up behind me.

“You like your new title.” Hyorin laughs a little, “It suits you well.” All of them starts to laugh.

I could hear running in the hall and suddenly the door flew open. In walks the Kingkas of the school. All the girls gasp and the ones who were guilty stayed quiet.  Gi-Kwang walked right up to Yeonnie.

“Are you okay?” he asked with a worried expression. Yeonnie just nods.

JunHyung and Doo-Joon walked straight to my desk. As soon as JunHyung saw the note he rip it off the desk and held it in the air.

“Who wrote this?” he yelled. Everyone in the classroom stayed quiet, “I said who wrote this!” he raised his voice even louder, and still no one answered

I just sat down in my seat like usual. JunHyung and Doo-Joon kept their eyes on me. Yeonnie pats me on the back.

“Gwaenchah-a?” I nod to reassure her. She walks to her desk with Gi-Kwang next to her.

“MinSeul-.” I cut JunHyung off

“Just get ready for class.” I looked at the time, “It almost time.” The door flew open again reveal the other three with posted in their hands.

“We took some of them down.” said HyunSeung, “There are still a lot more though. It is going to take more that the three of us to get it them down.” I felt JunHyung stare at me.

“Kaja.” He walks out with all of them following them behind. I just kept silent and started to writes down some notes into my book.

JunHyung Pov

When we got to the school I notice the amount of girls that usually crowd us wasn’t as big today. When we enter the school I was in for a big surprise. There were posters and flyer of us on the weekend all over the school. The girls that walked past us all hid their guilty face. I felt my heart on fire when I saw the captions on them. I ran to class without noticing I did.

When I open that door I saw MinSeul and Yeonnie standing at our desk. I walked over to talk to her but before I could I notice what they were looking at. I ripped the paper off the desk and held it up, “Who wrote this?” I yelled. Everyone in the classroom stayed quiet, “I said who wrote this!” I raised my voice even louder. MinSeul just slowly sat down in her desk like she usually did every day. YeonYeon walked up to her.

“Gwaenchah-a?” She nods and YeonYeon walks to her desk with Gi-Kwang besides her.

“MinSeul-.” I tried to say something.

“Just get ready for class.” She said in a monotone voice, “It almost time.” The door flew open again reveal the other three with posted in their hands.

“We took some of them down.” said HyunSeung, “There are still a lot more though. It is going to take more that the three of us to get it them down.” I looked back and MinSeul wondering why she wasn’t mad or why she wasn’t reacting to it like a girl usually would. I just didn’t understand; I was angry just seeing the poster and here she sat calmly waiting for class to start. I didn’t want her to feel that a relationship with a kingka was going to be a relationship from hell. I had to prove that we aren’t as bad as we seem.

“Kaja.” I walked out with all of the guys following me behind. I started to rip the posters off the walls and poster board.

“What are you doing?” asked Gi-Kwang

“We have to get all the poster and flyers down by lunchtime. MinSeul maybe acting like she doesn’t care but I know she is hurt by this deeply.” I continued to rip and tear down the posters. Pretty soon all the guys were helping me. We ended up meeting JungHo towards the other end of the school with two bags full of posters and a whole bunch of paper cuts on his hands. He told us that he been at the school since the morning taking down posters himself. We all decided that it was best to help each other.

 

Like I said, we were down before lunch time and all headed back to class after putting the paper in recycling. JungHo and I walked back to class and the teacher was in the middle of the lesson. She stop as soon as she saw us.

“Mr. Yong and Mr. Lee.” We both froze and everyone in the class stared at me, “Why are you two late?”  I answered before JungHo could.

“We were taking down bullying posters.” I put my hands in my pocket, but wince a little because of the paper cuts, “I’m pretty sure you seen them today when you enter the building.”

“I did but that doesn’t give you the right to skip my class.” She puts downs her book on the podium and glares at me. “Go stand in the hallway. I’ll deal with you two in a bit.” I was about to say something when MinSeul stood up.

“I think that is wrong seon-saeng-nim.” The teacher glare right at her.

“Bwoh?”

“Why would you punish someone who is trying to stop all this madness while the people who are the reason for all this are sitting down free?”

“Park MinSeul- ssi.”  The teacher tried to calm her down.

“If JunHyung gets punish for helping other than do you get punished for subbing for other teachers?” I was surprise at her tone. I looked at the teacher’s face and she was speechless, “We should promote anti-bullying, and if this what you aren’t doing then you are promoting bullying.”

“Yong JunHyung.”

“Ne seon-saeng-nim?” I saw her take a deep breath.

“You may have a seat.” I saw MinSeul sat down before I walked over to my desk and sat down next to her. I notice the look on her face and it was different from all the ones I’ve seen before. She looked scared and lost.

 

YeonYeon Pov

JungHo came and sat down right next to me. I was very curious why he was with JunHyung all this time. When he put his hand on the desk I notice all the small cuts on his palms. My heart pine. I guess he caught me looking at him.

“Gweanchah-a.” he smiles at me.

“Pabo-ya.” I whisper.

During lunch I went to the nurse infirmary and asked for some liquid bandage. I went back to the classroom and he was still there looking at his palm. I sat down next to him and laid down the stuff on the table.

“What is all this?” he looked at the stuff I brought.

“Give me your hands.”

“Waeyo?” I got annoyed with his question and just grab one of his hand.

“This might hurt a bit.” I slowly applied the liquid bandage to his cut. He wince a little, “Mianhae.” I was scared.

“Aniyo…” he took a deep breath, “Go ahead. I can handle it.” I took one more look at him before applying the liquid bandage again. It took me almost 10 minutes to get both of his hands done. Good thing they weren’t big cuts. “Gomawa”

“No problem.” I close the liquid bandage, “Thank you.” He look at me confused, “Thanks for taking the posters down. You didn’t have to.”

“It was no problem…really.” He stood up, “I would never let anyone hurt you Yeonnie-ah.”

“I know.”  I got up, “It is because…were friends, right? We will always have each other’s back.” I smile at him before heading back to the infirmary.

Author Pov

JunHyung left home pretty late. Driving home , because of the cuts on his hands it was hard to drive. When he pulled into his driveway he saw MinSeul sitting on his porch. He felt happy for a sec. He got out of his car so fast and walk up the stairs. He notice she was asleep waiting for him. He slowly crept over and stood by her.

“MinSeul.” No response, “MinSeul-ah.” She open her eyes and they went wide when she saw JunHyung face so close to her. She started to move her head back. JunHyung found it cute. “What are you doing sleeping on my porch?” He smile.

“Nothing.” She had a guilty expression.

“Jjinja?” He walked closer to her and observe her, “Then why are you here?” she looks away and then quickly hold up and brown bag. “What is this?”

“For your hands.” She hands him the bag and he takes it. He opens it and finds a tube of Vaseline and bandages. “Thank you for today. You didn’t have to.” She still not looking at him.

“You can thank me in a better way.” She looks at him, “Since I can’t really cook after I put this on…why don’t you help me.”

“Me?”

“Who else is here besides you?” JunHyung opens the door and wait for her to enter. She slowly enters the house with him write behind her. “The kitchen is that way.” JunHyung pointed straight ahead and walked to his room. The house was just like her grandparents; except he had better looking thing in his home.

MinSeul walked to the kitchen and open his fridge. It was empty but it wasn’t full either. MinSeul saw some kimchi and pork belly. First things that comes to her mind is Kimchi stew or kimchi fired rice. Then she realize she should make something else.

When JunHyung was down wrapping his hands in bandages he went to the empty kitchen with the wonderful aroma. On the kitchen table was two rolls of Kimbap and bulgogi. He looked all over the house and realizes that she might have left home. He felt sad but he knew he didn’t have a reason to stop her. He stuff one piece on kimbap in his mouth and it felt like a party in his mouth. He hasn’t had food like that since he left his parents.

“Looks like you like the food.” He stops and looks at MinSeul who was at the door with a plate of mocha rice cake. “I brought some more food but it seems like you are enjoying yourself.” JunHyung swallow the food he had in his mouth.

“Would you like to join me?”

“Aniyo.” She walked towards him, “Halmeoni said these are for you. They are mochi rice cake. She makes them all the time; if you ever want a particular flavor just let her know.” She place the plate on the table.

“MinSeul.”

“Hmm?”

“If a guy was to ask you out,” he paused, “what would you do?” She froze at the question. He notice her sudden expression.

“I never really thought about it.”

“Why not?’ he smiles. MinSeul chuckles and leans up against the wall, “You’re a great gal..why would you never think about it?”

“JunHyung-ah…my first boyfriend was Doo-Joon. I have never dated since him.”

“Wait don’t tell me?” he had a smile on his face, “You confessed to him.” MinSeul’s guilty expression made him laugh.

“Yah! Go ahead and laugh.” MinSeul stood on both her feet, “You men are too scared to confess anyways…and they say nice guys finish last.” She scoffs.

“Okay, okay, okay.” He took a deep breath, “but that doesn’t answer my question…if someone is to ask you out, what would you do?” he grabs one of the mochi and puts it in his mouth.

“Depends.” He choke a bit, “Are you okay?” he take a sip of water.

“What do you me it depends?” MinSeul walked over and sat down on the chair across from him.

“It depends on who the person is?”

“What if Doo-Joon was to ask you out?” MinSeul smile faded right away. “MinSeul-,” she cuts him off.

“No.” she sighs, “If he was to ask me out my answer would be no.” MinSeul bit her lip, “I’ve been around many girls who have been in corrupted relationships. The guys treated them like dirt and after breaking up with them they go back to the scumbag. I don’t want to be that girl.”

“What exactly did Doo-Joon do to you?” he stops eating, “Cheating doesn’t just make you hate a person this much.”

“Betrayal…twice.”

“Twice?” JunHyung was confused a bit. MinSeul took a huge.

“He only said yes because his father told him to…if I ever asked him about a possibly relationship between him and me…he was to just say yes and date me.”

“And if you didn’t?”

“He was to pursue me and make me change my mind.”

“So you find out and dump him.”

“Ani, I never told him I knew until I found him cheating on me. I thought that his feelings would have changed because we were together, but I guess it didn’t.” MinSeul eyes started to tears up. “I always thought that he was the one…I couldn’t believe he lied to me. I –I never actually have friends…true friends that is…until Doo-Joon came along. Suddenly everyone started to become my friend.” The tears fell from her eyes, “I should have seen it…it was just because he was a kingka. I was just in his way…a burden.” JunHyung grabs a hold of her hand. MinSeul looks up at him and she felt something warm on her lip.

-----

YeonYeon walks home from the convenient store late at night, with two groceries bags. She talks on the phone.

“Ne umma.” She tries to hold the bags with one arm, “I’ve been feeling better. The headaches don’t happen too often anymore.” She wasn’t paying attention and crossed the street. “Aniyo…I.”

BEEP BEEP

YeonYeon stares at car coming towards her.

Preview

“What’s is wrong?”

“Don’t you have girls to go flirt around with.”

“There is one sitting right here.”

 

“The reason why we didn’t tell you was because we were afraid that you might hurt yourself.”

 

“The past is the past right?”


Sorry for the long wait. Work has gotten me caught up. Hopefully i can get the next chap Leave comments behind.