Decision changes us

A Forgotten Silhouette

“I don’t know anyone by that name anymore. The person I know by that name is gone.” JunHyung had a seriously look in his eye, “And I’ve decided to forget about her.”

“What are you talking about?” DooJoon looked at him, “You can’t forget about someone just because you want to Jun.” DooJoon sighs, “I thought you love this girl.”

            “I used to.” JunHyung sighs, “But feelings change and people change, look at her for example…when we met her in Paris, did she looked like the same MinSeul we all used to know.” JunHyung scoffs, “She even changed her name; and you are getting upset with me because I want to forget about her.”

            “Jun…that isn’t a good enough reason for you to forget someone; especially someone like Min,” he sighs, “Are you going to forget about us too? Huh?” DooJoon had a sad tone to his voice, “Are you going to forget about all of us? All that we’ve worked for as soon as you realize that you are better than us?”

            “Hyung--” DooJoon put his finger up the instant JunHuyng talked.

            “Did you ever looked at her life and think for a sec why she made the decisions she made?” he sighs, “As a matter of fact did you even look at yourself this morning, newly dyed hair, ear pierce, shades, and disrespecting everyone. If you asked me who has changed…I say you.” As soon as DooJoon walked out the room JunHyung kicks the sofa.

~♥~

            MinSeul sat at the dining table along with her parents and their friends. MinSeul sat quietly next to her mother eating. Her mother’s friend couldn’t stop staring at her and smiling. MinSeul looks up and notice and looked away.

            “Mianhaeyo.” Her mother’s friend smiles, “I don’t mean to stare, but you are a real beauty.” MinSeul looks up and nods her head.

            “O, kasahaminida.” She wipes her lips.

            “Are you seeing anyone by any chance?” MinSeul coughs at the sudden question.

            “Yeobo.” Her husband looked at her embarrassed

            “There is no harm in asking.” She sneered back at her husband.

            “Ani…our MinSeul isn’t seeing anyone.” Her mother replied, “She was betrothed before,” her mother looked at her, “but there were problems.”

            “I don’t mind as long as she wasn’t married,” she smiles at MinSeul, “And you are still young.” The woman smiles, “If you don’t mind, I would like for you to meet my son.”

            “It is okay.” MinSeul tries to stop the conversation, “I’m only gonna be here for week.”

            “That is great.” Her mom’s friend face glowed, “My son is only here for a week or two also. When are you available?”

            “Aren’t you free tomorrow, Min?” asked her mom

            “That is great, my son is flying in tonight.” The mother exclaims, “You two can hang out tomorrow.”

            “Actually, I’m gonna be out of town tomorrow. Moon and I are gonna go visit oppa, and Yeonnie.” She looks at the friend, “Mianhae...but if you really want me to meet your son, I’ll be at concert hall this whole weekend. I would be happy to make a new friend.”  

            “That would be great.”

 

            After dinner MinSeul was in her room looking at the blue print for the concert hall. She heard a knock at the door.

            “Come in.” she takes her glasses off, “Appa.” He has a warm smile as he walks in.

            “What are you doing?”

            “I’m looking over the blue prints for the concert and seeing how they are going to set up things tomorrow for the practice.” He sits on the side of her bed, “Did you need something?” she turned in her chair to look at him.

            “Min.”

            “Hmm.”

            “You are twenty-seven this year,” he sighs, “I think it is time that you find yourself a man to spend the rest of your life with.”

            “Appa.”

            “You don’t have to meet your mother’s friend’s son if you don’t want to.” He pats her head, “Umma and I don’t want to rush you, but time isn’t on anyone’s side here.”

            “I know.” She sighs, “It is just everything has finally settle down. I don’t want to rush things again appa.”

            “You take your time. Don’t rush into it.” He kisses her forehead, “Know that umma and I will be standing behind you.”

            “Gomawa.” She hugs her dad.

            “Min.”

            “Hmm.”

            “Say hello to HaNeul for me too.” She nods, “Night.” He left her room. MinSeul stared at a brown next to her and sighs, “I have to make sure you get to your owner before I leave tomorrow.”

~♥~

            JunHyung went back to his usual style. He walked in to the concert hall with a better attitude than the day before. When he got backstage he went and apologize to everyone before they started. One of the crew member went and handed him a box with a card on it. “What is this for?” She looked scared as he spoke.

            “It is from Michelle-ssi.” She walks away as soon as he took the box; it was a bit heavy.

            He opens the box up and looks inside. It was a vest and some accessories for his outfit. He opened up the card.

            “Here is a vest that you can wear over the shirt instead of the blazer and some accessories to go with it. I’m not going to be here today but that doesn’t mean you can act up.”

            He walks around the building to find his manager, “Hyung.” The manager looks up at him, “where is Park Michelle?”

            “Don’t know, all she said was that she was going to visit some old friends.”

~♥~

            Moon was asleep on MinSeul as they rode the bus. MinSeul was too excited to sleep. She was going to see her grandparents and her friend again. More importantly she was going to go and visit her HaNeul.

            When they got off the bus JungHo was waiting there for them. MinSeul was welcomed with a hug. “Oppa.”

            “MinSeul.” He looks at her, “It is really good to see you after all these years.”

            “It is great to see you too.”

            “C’mon Yeonnie and Jung Min is waiting.”

 

            When they arrive at the house, not only was Yeonnie and JungMin was there, her grandparents were there also. “Hal-abeoji and Hal-eomoni.” she ran to hug her grandparents, “I missed you guys so much.”

            “We miss you too my dear.”

            “Go.” Yeonnie was talking to JungMin, “Go say hi to Min ajumma.” MinSeul turned around to meet the one and half toddler.

            “Annyeonghaseyo.” She smiles at the girl, “Na gwiyeopda.” She hugs the girl. Jung Min basically drags MinSeul all over the house to play with her. MinSeul didn’t mind. She loved Jung Min almost like her own. YeonYeon came and sat next to MinSeul and watch JungMin play with her kitchen.

            “Aju~,” she hands MinSeul a pot.

            “Gomawa.” MinSeul caress her face. JungMin walks and continues to play.

            “Minseul.” YeonYeon puts a hand over MinSeul shoulder, “I miss you so much.” They both smiles.

            “JungMin, looks so much like you.” MinSeul smiles, “But she tall like her appa. I can’t believe I wasn’t around to watch her grow up.”

            “It is okay Min, she loved everything you’ve sent her; from the tiny little clothes you’ve made for her to the huge teddy bear for her birthday. Everything Min.” they both smile and kept on staring at Jung Min. MinSeul took a deep sigh and smiles.

            “I just wish I could have done something like this for HaNeul.” YeonYeon places her head on her friend’s shoulder, “He would have been seven this year and I would be taking him to school and helping him with his homework.”

            “Min~,” she tried to cheer her friend up, “Stop~” MinSeul smiles, “I pretty sure you would have been an awesome mother. Even though JungMin haven’t seen you before she loves you like she has known you her whole life.” MinSeul leans her head on YeonYeon’s head

            “You are lucky Yeonnie, truly.” She stares a JungMin, “And she is lucky to have you two.”

 

            After a day of BBQ and Liquor it was time to hit the hay but not just yet for MinSeul. Moon saw MinSeul sitting on the patio and goes and sit next to her. MinSeul had her eyes closed and felt as the breeze blew by.

            “Unnie.”

            “Hmm.”

            “Don’t you miss living like this?”

            “I do.” She smiles, “I miss living freely and not having to be expected to do thing that others want you to do. I miss the cool breeze the most.” They both sat down quietly.

            “So how is JunHyung?” MinSeul’s smile disappears, “Did I say something wrong?”

            “Let not talk about him.” she laid down onto the patio. Moon didn’t know why but she felt guilty for asking her something like that. “People changes like the seasons here, some for the worst some for the better.”

            “Not all season change, like in Hawaii or up north, everything stays the same.”

            “Let hope that is how I am.”

~♥~

            MinSeul and Moon stopped by the cemetery early in the morning before leaving back on the first bus back. MinSeul heart ached as she left the place of fond memories and great times. MinSeul sent Moon home before heading to the concert hall to check everything out. Everything was in order and in line. After checking on the equipment she walks through the dressing rooms to make sure everything was in order for practice. As she walks pass she heard some noise. She looks at her watch.

            “There aren’t supposed to be anyone here this early.” She walks towards the noise but she saw a door open. One of the backup dancers walks out. She was about to say something but JunHyung walk out and closes the door. MinSeul hid in the next hallway.

            “Thanks for helping me out.” Said JunHyung

            “It was my pleasure.” The dancer smile and wraps her hand around his arm.

            “Since it is still early, did you want to grab some breakfast?” they walkout the hall. MinSeul walked towards the door and pushes it open slowly. She could smell the sweat that was come from the room and the heat that came from it. Her chest hurt for a quick second.

            “It was probably nothing.” She closes the door and head back towards the stage. She took seat in the director chair and put her head down. She soon drifted off to sleep.

            “Min…Min…” she slowly woke up, “Why are you sleeping here?”

            “DooJoon.” She shook her head, “What time is it?”

            “It is almost time for practice, I came in a little early to do some extra practice.” He squats down to her level, “Why are you sleeping here? Are you feeling okay?”

            “I’m fine.” She yawns, “I just got back early this morning and decided to come and check on everything to make sure everything was running, and I fell asleep here.” She pushes her hair back behind her ear, “You go ahead and practice,” she smiles, “I need to wash up a bit.” MinSeul went to the bathroom and splash some cold water on her face. “It doesn’t matter, just stay calm.”

 

            As time got closer everyone started to arrive and the silent place became filled with noise. MinSeul tested the sound system and checked on the clothes rack. She occasionally went and checks on dancers to make sure they were okay.

            “Why does she only check on the back up dancers?” asked one of the staff, “Shouldn’t she be taking care of the actually performers like the idols?”

            “I don’t know either.” the two girls talked to each other.

            “She take care of the performers because there are more people that care about the idols than the backup dancers.” The two girls turn around to find DooJoon and JunHyung there. They both shy away from them. DooJoon smiles, “Michelle doesn’t like using status to differentiate others from herself. Status separates people. Michelle hates that just because people with higher status thinks they’re better, but without effort we idols are lower than those dancers. But she doesn’t want the lower status to feel like they aren’t worth it.” He inches his face closer to the girls, “You two should follow in her foot steps and not judge people because you might not get what you want.” The two girls just walk away. DooJoon stood up straight and looks at MinSeul from afar, “She cares for people because she has been broken; she runs because she is scared. Wounds heals, but the scars that never fade is what never let us forget.” DooJoon walks towards the stage. JunHyung stood still and watches as MinSeul continues to care for the dancers.

            MinSeul walks up to the dancer that was with JunHyung, but she acts normal and continues on.

            “Minzy, why were you here so early?”

            “Oh, I need some extra practice and JunHyung-ssi needed more practice so we came into practice. But we finish early and went out for breakfast.”

            “You went and danced with JunHyung.” Minzy nodded, “But isn’t Hyun Seung your partner.”

            “He is but his steps are too fast for me.” She sighs, “I need help and he needed help too.” MinSeul felt relieve.

 

            B2ST finishes up their last song and they were tired. MinSeul walks up to the guys with a clipboard in her hand, “Alright everyone, that was great.” She smiles, “Tomorrow is the day before the concert, everyone takes a rest but don’t party too hard because the concert is the day after.” She smiles, “If there are any questions ask me, if not, see you tomorrow.” Everyone gather in groups and leaves together. MinSeul went and talked to the stage managers and directors about what had to be done. JunHyung waited for MinSeul by the door. As she came out she heard her name.

            “MinSeul!” she looks up.

            “JinHyuk!” she walks towards him and pass JunHyung, “What are you doing here?” she crosses her arm over her chest, “Are you here to check up on me?” JunHyung walked up and hid behind a pole and eavesdrop.

            “Ani,” he smiles “I was told to meet someone here.”

            “That funny,” she smiles, “Me too. I’m supposed to meet my mother’s friend’s son.” He had a huge smile as he figured something out before she noticed, “So have you meet her yet?”

            “Well…I’m here to meet my mother’s friend’s daughter.” They both look at each other and JinHyuk couldn’t keep a straight face.

            “Are you the person I am supposed to meet?” he shrugs his shoulder with a smile, “Yah.” She smacks his arm.

            “Apa.”

            “Serves you right.” She smiles and walks pass him, but turns to look at him, “Did you eat lunch yet?” he shook his head, “Let’s go, I’ll show you a great place here.” JinHyuk follows her out. JunHyung walks in the other direction slowly with his head hanging low. Yoseob went to meet up with him.

            “Jun, you want to go with us to grab something to eat.”

“No thanks.” JunHyung walks right pass him.

~♥~

MinSeul and JinHyuk went to a café near the company. They sat down by a widow seat, were they could see the lights of the city. MinSeul and JinHyuk were happy to see each other but never expected it to be each other.

“So, how have you been?” ask MinSeul

            “It’s only been a few days Min.” he smiles, “But I’m fine.”

            “Why are you here? You didn’t tell me you were coming.” She was so curious

            “I originally wasn’t going to come but my umma wanted me to meet her famous friend’s daughter. The fact that she was only going to be in Korea for a couple of days I had to leave and tell the other that I had a family emergency.”

            “You left all that behind to come all the way here to meet me?” she smirks, “I might consider dating you.” They both laugh.

            “Don’t say those kind of things.” He chuckles, “I might just believe you.” They both laughed before calming down, “MinSeul, have you gotten a chance to talk with JunHyung yet.” Her smiled faded away slowly.

            “I haven’t actually gotten around to talk to him yet.”

            “Why haven’t you?”

            “We aren’t on the greatest of terms right now.”

            “Why what is wrong?”

            “I don’t know…he just,” she sighs, “I don’t want to tell you any of this stuff. Let not talk about it.” She took a deep breath, “So what do you want to do since you are here?”

            “How about we go to the park and grab some dessert after dinner.”

            “Sounds like a great idea.”

~♥~

            JinHyuk dropped MinSeul back off at the company, “I’ll come by tomorrow.” He waves at her.

            “I’ll see you later.” She smiles and walked to her car. JunHyung fell asleep by her car tire. MinSeul went to wake him up. “JunHyung-ssi.” She taps his shoulder, “Yong JunHyung-ssi.” He woke up and looked at her, “Will you please move? I would like to go home.” She opens her car door but JunHyung held onto the door, “Can I help you with something?”

            “Where were you?”

            “Excuse me?” MinSeul said in a stern tone

            “I said where did you go?”

            “I have to answer you because?” he let go of her door, “I shall see you tomorrow Yong JunHyung-ssi.” She got into her car and drove off.