Left in the Dark

A Forgotten Silhouette

                They both got into the car and left together. After a good walk in the park MinSeul closed her eyes and lean back against the chair. She took a deep breath. DooJoon looks at her and notice she gotten pale.

            “MinSeul.” He taps her shoulder but no answers. He pulls over and parks the car. He unbuckles himself and reaches over “Min.” he taps her face and no response. He looked down and notice something dripping down her leg. He touches the liquid substance on his car floor. He was scared to death when he saw his fingertips drenched in blood.

----------

                JunHyung sat in the hospital waiting for the doctors to come out with NaEun’s report. The rest of B2ST stayed with him to make sure everything was okay.  He is talking to himself to calm himself down. DongWoon walks over and sits next to him.

            “Hyung, calm down.” JunHyung didn’t even look at him. “I’m sure she collapse due to exhaustion.”

            “I know….” JunHyung took a huge sigh, “DongWoon-a?”

            “Ne, hyung?”

            “Don’t ever be like me.”

            “I don’t understand what you are talking about?” JunHyung chuckles

            “I killed MinSeul’s trust…she trusted me and I destroyed it.”

            “Hyung you couldn’t have possibly known that NaEun was pregnant when you left.”

            “But I can’t do anything, if I choose one then I hurt the other. If I choose MinSeul, I lose everyone. Love hurts more than you can believe.” The emergency light turns off and the nurses roll NaEun out of the room. They go past JunHyung and the rest of the guys while the doctor walks towards JunHyung.

            “How is she?” asked Hyorin

            “She is fine, just exhausted.” The doctor smiles.

            “What about the baby?”

            “The baby?”

            “Yes the baby.”

            “Are you really Son NaEun’s relative?” the doctor gave him a confused look.

            “Ne, I am the baby’s father.” JunHyung became nervous, “Is everything okay?”

            “Mr. Yong…let go talk in my office.” They both walked to his office and sat down.

            “Is everything okay?” JunHyung became nervous because the doctor wouldn’t tell him anything, “How is the baby.”

            “Mr. Yong,” the doctor takes off his glasses, “Ms. Son was indeed pregnant.” He sighs and looks at the paperwork, “But that was about 4 months ago. Ms. Son had a miscarriage.”

            “Bwoh?” JunHyung’s was so shocked, “That isn’t possible.”

            “According to her records she had a miscarriage 4 month ago before she came here. She didn’t collapse because she was pregnant but because she is malnourish and hasn’t gotten proper rest. She probably still thinks she is pregnant and it isn’t uncommon for certain women to feel like that after a miscarriage.”

            “Thanks you.” JunHyung gotten out of his chair slowly not knowing if he was supposed to be happy or sad at this point.

            He felt so betrayed and hurt, he left the hospital having no idea on what to do. He walked to the living room and threw his backpack onto the floor, all his book fell out. He sighs and walks put everything back into his bag, he stops at the yellow envelope that he didn’t remember putting in his bag.

            “How did this ende in my bag?” he opens it up and looked at the documents, “These are NaEun’s family business financial records.”

            -------

            DooJoon ran into the hospital with MinSeul in his arms. He was out of breath and had no idea what to do. Her legs had blood dripping down. Nurses ran to his side with a stretcher. He placed her on the stretcher and ran along with the nurses to the emergency room. DooJoon sat down in the seat closest to the emergency room. He closed his eyes and prayed that nothing had gone wrong. He lean his head back against the wall.

             B2ST walked pass the hall and spotted DooJoon seating in the seat. “DooJoon Hyung.” DongWoon shouted. DooJoon looked up and everyone went to him.

            “What are you guys doing here?” he asked

            “We came with JunHyung to check up on NaEun.”

            “What happen? Where is JunHyung?”

            “NaEun collapsed at school and we followed JunHyung here but he left after talking with the doctor.”

            “What are you doing here?” ask HyunSeung, DooJoon just shook his head, “Did you hit someone?” DooJoon didn’t answer.

            “What is wrong?” ask KiKwang, “Why are you here at the emergency room?”

            “Something happened to MinSeul.” All the guy were shocked.

            “Is she okay?” asked Yeosob

            “Don’t know yet.”

            “Is it serious?” DooJoon didn’t say anything and sat down again, “Hyung.” DooJoon brush his hand over his face. All the guys looks at their distressed hyung and then at each other. DooJoon was speechless and worried.

 

            JunHyung walked into the room that Naeun was put in. His face emotionless and nothing else to seem to matter. His focus was on NaEun’s sleeping face. He goes and sits next to the bed on looking at her. She woke up and saw JunHyung at the side of her bed.

            “Oppa.”

            “You’re awake.” He put on a smile for her, “I was so worried.”

            “Where am I?”

            “The hospital.” She looked scared, “Don’t worry they said that everything is fine.” He smirks at her, “The baby is okay too.”

            “Jjinja?” she acted surprised

            “Hmm.” He nods, “Please don’t scare me like that again.” He stood up and kissed her forehead. He hugs her.

            “Mianhae.” She hugs him back.

           

MinSeul Pov

            I open my heavy eyelids and saw familiar faces around the room. Yeonnie sat right next to me with red eyes and JungHo oppa behind her.

            “She is awake.” Yeonnie shouted, “MinSeul is awake.” I see all the guys gather around my bed and Yeonnie holding onto my hand. “Min how are you feeling?”

            “Where am I?” I felt the dryness in my throat.

            “DooJoon brought you to the hospital.” She wouldn’t look me in the eyes, “Mianhae.” Yeonnie wiped her face.”

            “What happened? What is wrong?” I looked at her face and then at DooJoon’s face. He avoided my eyes.

            “Noona…,” DongWoon said with a sad voice.

            “DongWoon!” DooJoon yelled at him, “Don’t.”

            “What is wrong?” Everyone looked down and avoided my eyes. I turn and grab Yeonnie’s arm, “What happen?” she looked at me with her red eyes, “YeonYeon-a”

            “Min.” her voice broke, “HaNeul...he is gone.” I felt nothing at first everything was silent.

            “You’re kidding, right?” Yeonnie shook her head, I could only laugh as everyone stared at me as if I was crazy.

             “MinSeul, stop it.” Yeonnie sounded scared, “Stop it.” I felt like I was crazy, it hurt yet all I could do was laugh. I just lost my precious child that didn’t get to see this world.

            “Noona.” I looked up at them and calm myself down.

            “I would like to be left alone.” It took a while before everyone left the room. I pulled my knees up to my chest and started to cry. “My child…my HaNeul.” I felt like I couldn’t breathe, “Umma is sorry.” I cried hard as I grab the sheets and the pillow. I cried into the pillow hoping that it would muffle my cry. “Mianhae…HaNeul-a.” It is a feeling I can’t describe, all I knew was that I had failed.

------

Author Pov

            MinSeul return to school the next day without telling anyone. Her day went on as usual, JunHyung never even asked her where she has been. She ignored everyone and went on bothering herself with graduation ceremony.

            MinSeul runs into NaEun while heading to the main office. “Yah Park MinSeul.” Minseul stops and looks at him.

            “What do you want?”

            “Are you really going to act like that in front of me?”

            “I don’t know what you are talking about.”

            “I heard you were place in the hospital at the same time I was,” NaEun smirks, “Are you still trying to get his attention?”

            “NaEun-ssi.” MinSeul sighs, “I’m not the one to say but at least I don’t use stupid tricks to try to a get the man I want.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “If we’re still talking about this than lets end it.” MinSeul sighs, “You win…I lose.” MinSeul bows, “I hope we don’t bother each other in the future.” MinSeul turns and goes on her way.

            “Yah Park MinSeul.”

 

            JunHyung walks to the room where the guys usually meet, tired and restless after figuring out about NaEun. He walks towards the door but stops when he hears the guys talking about MinSeul.

            “I wonder why she came back so soon.” Yeosob complained, “She should be home resting.”

            “Yah,” HyunSeung nudges Yeosob, “You shouldn’t be talking about these things so loudly. We don’t want so many people knowing.” Hyuna holds onto him lightly.       

            “It so sad though.” Hyuna sighs, “Losing it just like that…I don’t think I would be able to even go on another day.” HyunSeung look at her smirks.

            “It will never happen to you, not on my watch.” She smiles back him. DongWoon sighs and then something popped in his mind.

            “Who do you suppose it’s was?” They all look at the maknae. Everyone thought about it and tried to figure it out.

            “There are only two possibilities.” KiKwang spoke first, “There is JunHyung-hyung and then there is DooJoon-hyung.” JunHyung stood outside wondering about who they were talking about.

            “Mostly likely it is JunHyung’s.” say HyunSeung.

            “Waeyo?”

            “Think about it, MinSeul and DooJoon hyung were enemies, the only one that could get close to her was JunHyung-hyung.” HyunSeung sighs, “Hyung actually told me that he was going to ask MinSeul out but NaEun appeared. He was actually distress.”

            “But if you think about MinSeul-noona and DooJoon-hyung were together after the incident.” Yeosob argue, “If you think about how far long she said she really was DooJoon matches it.”

            “Yoesob-ssi,” answers Hyuna, “You know if MinSeul-ssi really did have feelings for JunHyung like how you guys are telling me then it is possible that JunHyung is the father.”

            JunHyung walked away to go find MinSeul. He ran through the halls and up the stairs. She was nowhere to be found. He ran to the roof top and stops when he sees her standing by the railings.

“What?”

“I can’t help but notice the way you are eating.”

“I just got the cravings, I don’t know why.”

 

“Are you really here to see me?” she replies with a nod and hands him the orange.

“This is to help with the vomiting. I don’t know how good it would work for you but it helped me.” He took orange and looked at it. He sat it down on the side.

“What do you think you are doing? Randomly beating up your friend like this. What did he do that made you so upset?”

            “Are you really going to act like a stupid person or did you just not want people to know about it.”

            “What are you talking about?”

            “You being pregnant.”

 

“I’m not running away.” She sighs, “I’m just distancing myself. It isn’t good if I am with you.”

             He walked slowly towards her and hugs her from the back and places his head on her shoulder. MinSeul tries to remove his hands.

            “Don’t” he said sternly and MinSeul didn’t move an inch. “Is there anything you want to tell me?”           

            “No.”

            “Really.” MinSeul looks down at his hands that was wrapped around her waist.

            “Let go.” MinSeul remove his arm and pushed him back.

            “If you have anything to say,” He looked at her, “Say it now.”

            “I don’t have anything to say to you.” MinSeul walked down the stairs. JunHyung fell onto his knee as the tear fell from his eyes.

 

            JunHyung went back to the room where the guys were, this time DooJoon was there also. Everyone looked at JunHyung and he had a huge smile on as if nothing happened the last thirty minutes.

            “What up with you?” ask KiKwang. JunHyung went and wrapped his arms around Yeosob and DongWoon’s shoulders.

            “Nothing much.” He smirks, “but I am here to invite you to a big event.”

            “What?”

            “Not telling you.” JunHyung looks at Kikwang, “Invite JungHo and YeonYeon for me will you?”

            “N-ne.”

            “DooJoon.” JunHyung smile faded, “Can you please bring MinSeul?”

            “What is this about?”

            “It is just a graduation party that I am throwing.” He pats DooJoon’s back and looks back at the guys. “Everyone be there tomorrow at the HyunSeung’s place.”

            “Why my place?”

            “Because my place isn’t big enough,” He smiles, “Don’t worry I’ll provide the food and drinks,” He walks out the door.

            “That Hyung is so weird today.”

-------

            MinSeul packed all of her clothes into three different cases. She placed them next to her bed. She takes one look at them and sits down.

            “That was some hard work.” She pats herself on the back.

            “MinSeul,” her grandmother came into her room and saw the cases, “Are you packing already?”

            “Ne…I only have less than a week left and I should start now.”

            “I can’t believe it has been almost four years since you came here.”

            “Ne,”  

            “Remember to come and see your hal-abeoji and I, arraso?”

            “Arraso, I won’t forget you guys at all.” Her grandfather came and knocked on the door, “Ne?”

            “Min, DooJoon is here to see you.”

            MinSeul walked into the living room where DooJoon was waiting. When he saw her he stood up.

            “DooJoon, what are you doing here?” He smirks at her,

            “Actually I am here to invite you to go to a party with me tomorrow.” He puts his hands in his pockets, “I know we only have a couple days left until graduation, so this can be our last date together.” MinSeul smirks,

            “Bwoh?”

            “You don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

            “’No…I’ll go with you,” She looks at him, “So is it going to be a formal or casual party?”

            “Casual.”

            “Arraso…so is that all you came to talk to me about?”

            “Um…,” he hesitated, “so what exactly are you doing after graduation?” MinSeul wasn’t surprised by the question she knew someone would ask eventually.

            “I’m leaving.” MinSeul sighs, “I don’t know exactly where yet but I’ll let you know eventually.”

            “Why not just go back home?”

            “Too many memories…I want to start some place new.” DooJoon had a sad expression on his face,

            “When?”

            “Right after the ceremony.”  She stares at him, “I’m telling you this because I trust that you won’t tell anyone until after I am gone.”

------

            All the senior students are cleaning out their lockers and desks. MinSeul was at her desk cleaning out her desk and taking out the papers when she saw the note that caused everything. The flash back of her opening her book and finding the note tucked inside. She smiles remembering how they first officially met.

            “Min.” YeonYeon ran and hugs her from the back, making her jump.

            “Yeonnie.” She hugs her back, “You scared me there.”

            “I can’t believe we’re actually graduating two days from now, I am going to miss you so much.”

            “I bet you that I’ll miss you more.”   

            “Yah, MinSeul.” YeonYeon started to tear up a little.

            “You can’t cry now,” MinSeul was so surprised she stood up and wiped YeonYeon’s tears, “We still have the senior walk out to do. Your makeup will run.” YeonYeon took a deep breath and wiped her tears.

            “It can’t be helped.” They both laughed and MinSeul hugs her.

            “You are my best friend and you are like my sister.” MinSeul told her, “I’ll never forget you in this lifetime.” The girls suddenly felt another pair of arms wrap around them.

            “You two can’t be crying like this.” They look at JungHo, “Today is a happy occasion.” They girls let go of each other and smiles at him. “C’mon everyone is starting to gather in the hall.” They all leave for the hall.

            When MinSeul got there, B2ST were gather in the front of the line with SISTAR linking arms with their significant other. MinSeul greeted everyone separately but her eyes met only JunHyung. Next to him NaEun clung on tightly. DooJoon on the other hand was trying to figure out who to walk with, as soon as he seen MinSeul he went and grabs her hand.

            “What are you doing?”

            “Just walk with me.” He holds onto her arm and whispers in her ear, “After this you will no longer be bother by me as Kingka.” MinSeul smirks and grips onto his arm

            “Arraso…one last time.”

            An announcement was made for all the underclassmen to line up in the hall for the walk out, as the teachers were getting the seniors to line up in procession. As soon as the door open HyungSeung and Hyuna were the first to lead the walk. All the underclassmen clapped as everyone walked out.

-------

            MinSeul walks to a small tombstone with white lilies. She lays them in front of the stone and kneels in front of it. Engraved in the stone was:

If I was to have a wish come true,

Darling I wish I still had you

Park HaNeul

May 10, 20**

            “Hello my little HaNeul.” MinSeul smiles, “How are you?” the tears brims her eyes at the thought of her child, “Umma is here today to tell you that I can’t visit you as often. Umma will come every year to visit you…I promise.” The tears trickled down, “Umma is sorry umma couldn’t bring you into this world. Umma didn’t even get the chance to hold you and kiss you like other ummas. It is umma’s fault that umma couldn’t even take care of you. Now umma has to leave you again…Mianhae.” She touches the tombstone with her hand as the her tears falls onto the stone.

-------

            “Cheers.” Everyone toasted together. Everyone was gather in the backyard of HyunSeung’s home. Everyone sat down at a long table but JunHyung stayed standing up.

            “I want to thank everyone for coming to this small gathering that I done last minute.” JunHyung said, “I know that I have only been here for half a year and I got to say I got more than I expected.” He smiled, “I just regret that I didn’t join sooner,” He looks over to MinSeul, “I also want to make an announcement.” He set his cup on the table and places his hand behind his back, “I’m planning on getting married after graduation.”