From the Other Side

A Forgotten Silhouette

       ♥ Double update for you Readers & Subscribers

Thanks for having patiences with me


           The heart beat monitor was beeping and her heart rate was accelerating. “No, no, no.” he holds her hand tightly, “You have to wake up.” He runs to the door and yells, “I need a doctor in here.” She starts to seize, “MinSeul.” He freaks out trying to hold her down.

            The doctors and nurses runs into the room and quickly checked out her vital signs. One of the nurse grabs him.

            “You have to go.”

            “No. NO. No.” A male nurse had to drag him out, “Let me go, I need to know what is wrong with her.” The nurse closes the door and JunHyung sit back into a chair crying. Everyone ran towards him even her parents who just got there.

            “What happened?” asked her mom

            “I don’t know.” He said through his tears, “Everything was fine until she started to seize.” He look terrified, “I got so scared that I basically froze…so scared to lose her.” Everyone stood outside the door waiting on the updates. It was probably almost an hour and an half later that they finally exited the door. JunHyung jumped out of his seat, “How is she?”

            “We’ve stabilized her but she still in critical condition.” He sighs, “I don’t know how much longer she is going to last, if she doesn’t wake up we’ll have to expect the worst.”

            “No.” MinSeul’s mom cried on her husband’s shoulder, “No, not my baby girl…no.” Everyone was a little teary. JunHyung especially couldn’t say a word a single word, except cry.

           

            Everyone was in the room watching over MinSeul, who now had an oxygen mask on, sleeping on the bed. Moon was crying while being comforted by DooJoon. JunHyung stay by the window watching her.

            “It my fault.” Moon was trying to speak through her sobs,

            “Don’t blame yourself.” DooJoon reassured her

            “No…I knew that she hadn’t been eating or really resting. If I had just…really force her but I also couldn’t because she was in so much pain. She was keeping herself distracted.”

            “Don’t blame yourself Luna. MinSeul knew what she was doing and she did it. It wasn’t like you could have stop her, we all know that MinSeul was a very stubborn girl. So even death itself won’t take her if she didn’t allow it.”

            Mrs. Park walked over to JunHyung and took him aside for a sec.

            “JunHyung, you shouldn’t be here.” She told him, “After what you and MinSeul has been through and especially with your new relationship with EunJi I don’t think this is the best time. It will make you look bad, even her.” Her mother sighs, “I really don’t want you to but it is for the best.”

            “I understand.” He sniffs, “Just let me know when she wakes me up.” Her mom nods.

-----

            JunHyung walks into the floral shop and saw the mess that laid all over the floor. It was cleaned up a bit but the mess was still there. He walks through the whole place. He sees all the list of orders hanging onto a cork wall along with a calendar and a date that was circled. It was the date of their engagement, behind the calendar was a picture of flower arrangement made with her favorite flowers. He walks behind the counter and saw the little trashcan with the news article inside. He took it out and looked at it. It was the article about him and what happen at the wedding. He fell against the wall and fell to the floor.

            “I’m sorry.” He cried quietly to himself, “I’m sorry MinSeul.”

            “JunHyung?” He wiped his tears and stood up.

            “Luna.” He held the papers in his hand, “how is she doing?”

            “She still hasn’t woken up yet, but let not give up hope.” She sigh, “What are you doing here?”

            “I just wanted to look and see if I could of found anything that would lead me to the person that did this to Min.” he places his hands in his back pocket.

            “Min wouldn’t really care about it.”  

            “I do.”

            “JunHyung, why do think these things keep happening to her?” Moon sounded angry, “Every connections she has had to you leads her to some kind of misery. You still wonder why she trying to get as far away as possible. She doesn’t want to involve more people than it had already have.”

            “Luna.”

            “No.” she was angry, “Min is in the hospital because of a panic attack. She was locked up inside the fridge because of some stupid fans got mad. She was attack by girls because she canceled the engagement, she was stoned because she was in a relationship with you. What girl would want to be with you?” she took a deep breath, “She almost killed herself that night when she called it off with you.”

            “What?”

            “Min was so upset that she almost ended herself. If it wasn’t for JungHo…I don’t even want to think about it. The thing is…you are in a relationship with EunJi so please just stop involving her.”

            -----

            JunHyung walks into MinSeul’s room and cried. He held on tightly to her phone and held her hand. He caresses her face.

            Moon walks towards him, “If you really can’t leave her then make your decision because you are going to have to make some sacrifices either way. MinSeul lived in your world long enough.”

            “Min…I know you can hear me.” His voice trembled, “I saw your note and I have to say that I am disappointed. You were the toughest and bravest person I have ever known and yet you couldn’t tell me that you love me. I have to read it through your phone.” He chuckles, “I even got lecture by Luna…she even told me that you tried to hurt yourself. Why would you try to do that?” he placed the back of her hand on his cheek, “Every time you ran away I thought that you hated me but you were just scared. I never thought to ask because I didn’t want to bring up the past, only to hurt you even more…for that I’m really sorry. I’m going to make everything right.” He kissed her hand and then her forehead, “Night.” He leaves her phone on the stand.

-----

            EunJi walks into where JunHyung was waiting. She sat down in front of him and saw his sad expression.

            “Hey are you okay?”

            “Yeah.” He smile at her, “I’m fine.”

            “I heard about MinSeul, is she okay?”

            “She hasn’t woken up yet. Everyone is still on the edge.” He sighs

            “What is wrong?” JunHyung grabs EunJi hand and holds it

            “I’m really sorry for telling you this but-.”

            “You’re breaking up with me,” she looks at him, “to be with MinSeul.” She look sad, “I understand.”

            “EunJi.”

            “No I’m really okay with that.” She slides her hand back, “I know you still love her, I was just something you were using in her place, for the media.”

            “Hey, I really appreciate it that you gave me your time. I know I will never be able to give any back to you but you aren’t the one for me. There is some other guy out there that you will make happy.”

            “I hope you guys can forgive each other and move on.” EunJi wipes her tears, “Time is too short for you two not to love each other.” She kissed his cheek and left with tears.

            -----

            Dream (MinSeul POV)

             I woke up in the river, I could barely breathe and my heart was racing as I tried to get to the shore. I felt so tired that I could barely get up, I was falling asleep. I heard someone call my name and sat up. I looked behind me and no one was there, except my old high school. I was suddenly in my school uniform and walked towards a familiar room. When I slide the door open I saw JunHyung standing there.

            “JunHyung.” he looked over at me and I smile. I was about to go to him when I was pushed aside. A girl walks up to him and kisses him. It was as if I was invisible.

            “I missed you.” He smiles and kissed her back.

            I ran out the room as fast as I could. I ran out of the school and ended up in the baby cemetery right by HaNeul’s grave. I saw myself crying by the headstone. But I saw a little boy, maybe 5 or 6, standing by me and patting my head.

            “HaNeul?”The little boy looked up at her and smiled. MinSeul had tears in her eyes, “Is that really you.”

            “Anneyeong umma.” MinSeul went and hugged her little boy.

            “My little boy.” She smiles, “Omma is so happy.” she looked at him, “You are so handsome…you look just like your father.”

            “Umma don’t cry.” He wiped her tears, “Appa loves you,” He grabs her hand and she saw her wrist, “so stop hurting yourself. It hurts appa to see you like this. You don’t know umma, but appa cries to himself every night because of you.”

            “Appa and umma can’t be together.”

            “You can, but you just don’t want to.” He looks at her, “Is it because of me?”

            “No, it not honey.”

            “Then why won’t you and appa get back together. You guys love each other.”

            “Appa and I just live in very different worlds. Appa has always been in the clouds where I…live on the earth. No matter how far I reach I can never get to him.”

------

 JunHyung POV

            I went and grabbed lunch for myself. The only that ran through my mind was her. How am I going to convince her later to be with me?

            “Hey.” Moon walked towards me with flowers, “about the other day, I’m sorry.”

            “No don’t be. I know what you meant.”

            “Has she woken up yet?”

            “No, she still hasn’t.”

            “I heard from DooJoon that you and EunJi are over.” I nodded.

            “You and DooJoon talk a lot now days.” I smile as she blushed, “Are you guys gonna get together or something?”

            “No…we’re just friends.”

            “That what everyone say but next thing you know, BAM, you guys are together.” I smile, “If you do, he is a great guy.”

            “Not from what MinSeul told me.”

            “If she told you what had happened when she was with me, you would know that he protects anyone he love. You might just be that one person.”

            “Molla, I think he still has a spot for her.” She looked lost so I pinch her cheek. “Ah.” She rubs her cheek.

            “If he likes you then that isn’t a problem.” I smile “C’mon let go and see if MinSeul is awake yet.” I grabbed my tray and we left back to the room.

------

Dream (MinSeul POV)

            We sat on a bench and HaNeul was holding a sunflower. He kept twirling it around and around.

            “You like that flower?”

            “Yeah I was always happier whenever you brought them.” He looks at her, “Did you know appa came to visit me too?”

            “He did?” I was surprised

            “He would bring me sunflowers every time he came by, he says that I could have been what would have brighten up his world.” He hold my hand, “Appa always says that he is sorry, but it is never to me.”

            “Who is he saying it to?”

            “I think you. Appa always cry and says that he sorry that he wasn’t brave enough.”

            “Your appa is a sweet guy but it umma who isn’t brave enough not your appa.” I hugged him and kissed his forehead, “Umma was scared for you and the fact that you might not have had an appa. I was the reason why you aren’t here today with me.”

            “Umma?”

            “Hmm?”

            “You still love appa, huh?” I looked at his pretty hazel eyes and it reminded me of his father’s.

            “Always and forever.” Just as I kissed his tiny hands I felt something drip on to my hand. “It raining?” HaNeul shook his head.

            “Appa is crying.”

------

Author POV

            JunHyung sat at the side of her bed and held her hand close to his face. His tears fell onto her hand. The flowers that Luna brought had wilted already.

            “Min, it been a whole week already and still you haven’t woken up yet. Are you going to keep letting me live like this without you?” the door opens

            “Hyung,” KiKwang walks through the door, “We have to get on the bus to the concert in an hour.” JunHyung place her hand back to her side and left with KiKwang. While walking towards the parking lot, JunHyung felt less energetic. “She going to be fine.” KiKwang reassured him.

            “I know…but at the same time I feel like I could have prevented this.”

            “How are you supposed to even do that?”

            “I could have told NaEun the truth in the beginning and told MinSeul from the beginning about what had happened to prevent either things from happening.” He scoffs, “I mean we could have had a family by now.”

            “Hyung, don’t think too much about this. As soon as she wakes up go and talk to her about it.”

            “What if I never get a chance?”

            “You will.”

------

            MinSeul opened her eyes, it was blurry at first but her vision eventually cleared. She looked around the room and saw no one. She used the remote to move the bed up. She ringed for the nurse.

            “How may I help you?”

            “Excuse me, where am I?” her voice was week

            “You’re in the hospital ward.”

            “H-how did I get here?”

            “Ma’am don’t move, we’ll send a nurse right over.”

            “Huh?” she looked at the ringer, “That is so weird.” MinSeul looked all over the room and them at her wrist. There was a word written there: 신뢰, “Trust?”

            “MinSeul.” She looked up at the door, “You’re awake?”

            “Umma.” Her mother came and hugged her.

            “Are you okay? How are you feeling?”

            “I feel fine.” She saw her father behind her mother, “Appa, I just want to know how the heck I got here?”

            “We’ll explain that later but for now just rest.”

            “What happened to me?”

            “You had a panic attack.” Her mother sighs, “You’ve been in the hospital for a whole week already.”

            “A whole week?”

            “That doesn’t matter anymore just rest, I’ll have the doctor come and check up on you.” She grabbed her mother’s hand. Her mother looks at her father.

            “I’ll go.” he said, “You can stay with her.” Her mother sat down in the chair next to her and caresses her face.

            “What is wrong?”

            “What happened to me?” MinSeul looks at her mother with lost eyes.

            “It just like I told you, you had a panic attack and fainted.” Her mother’s eyes got teary, “We thought we lost you. Everyone was worried, especially JunHyung. He barely left your side.”

            “He shouldn’t have been here.”

            “What are you saying? He was worried sick about you.”

-----

            JunHyung returned to the hospital as soon as he was done with the concert. He ran into the room and found someone else in the room. He walks up to the front desk,

            “Excuse me where is Park MinSeul? She was a patient here.” The nurse searches on the computer.

            “Ms. Park was discharge a week ago.”

            “What?” he was surprise, “Who discharged her?”

            “It says here that her parents did.”

            JunHyung rushed back to his car and towards the Park residence. He was about to knock on the door when it opened. He took a step back to recompose himself.

            “May I help you?” ask the caretaker

            “Hello, I am Yoon JunHyung, I wanted to know if MinSeul is inside.”

            “Young Miss isn’t here. She left a little while ago.”

            “Do you know where?”

            “She said something about the, going to the sky that makes her happy.” He thought for a second

            “Thanks,” JunHyung goes right to his car and drives off. He tries calling her.

            “Yeobosaeyo?” her voice sounded weak, but to JunHyung it was the voice that he wanted to hear the most. That sweet voice that jolted his whole body with energy.

            “MinSeul,” he was happy, “Where are you?”

            “JunHyung,” she sighs, “Let’s not do this.”

            “What?”

            “I know what you’ve done already…I don’t want to be involved in this more that I have to be.”

            “I read your note.” He sounded stern, “I know why you did all those things and I never blamed you either.” he sighs, “Did you see what I wrote on your hand,” no answer, “Remember back then when you told me that every relationship was built on trust.”

            “Yea.”

            “So…why didn’t you trust me?”

            “Because you’ve hurt me before. I tried to let everything go so that we could start over…then it happened.” Her eyes became watery, “I lost it again, but I didn’t want to runaway just to get caught up to again. I tried to avoid you but you were in my thoughts all the time.”

            “So you try to starve yourself?”

            “I didn’t want to think about you. I thought about you regardless of what I was doing, keeping myself busy was the only way I could stop everything.” JunHyung could hear her crying from the other side of the line.

            “Min.”

            “I’m sorry.” She hung up the phone.