Warm Light

A Forgotten Silhouette

Two Years Later

            B2ST is three weeks into their world tour. Everyone was tired and ready to get the tour done and over with. As soon as their plane landed they were crowded with people. All the guys had sunglasses, hats, and scarfs to cover up and got into the car.

            “Hyung.” Yoseob taps on JunHyung shoulder, “Didn’t you say that MinSeul was here?”

            “Who knows…she probably didn’t even know that we are going to appear here.”

            “Didn’t you ask Moon for her number?” KiKwang ask DooJoon

“I asked her already but she refuses to give me her number.” He sighs, “She has tried to contact MinSeul and let her know that we are in Paris.”

“So that means MinSeul knows we’re in Paris.”

“Hope so.” JunHyung sunk lower into his seat.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            MinSeul is in a huge performing center directing people back and forth. Her hair pinned back and she had a tag on with PR and Director on it.

            “Make sure all the mics and lights are working. I want them to be tested in thirty minutes.”

            “Director Park.” A blonde headed girl ran towards her, “B2ST’s manager just called and said that they have landed. He said that they will be headed to their hotel and then meet us here in about two hours for practice.”

            “Merci.” The girl leaves. MinSeul walks over to the sound systems and checks them out. She signals for the light to come on. She looked at the colorful rays of light turn on. “Music.” The song ‘Shadow’ comes on. The lights darken and the fog began to appear on the stage. The light then started turning different colors and moving back and forth. When it got closer to the MinSeul counted “Hana, dul, set.” Fireworks shot through the stage. She was pleased with her work. “Thank you everyone. That is exactly how everything should go.” She looked her watch, “Alright, see you guys in an hour. Break.” MinSeul left out the back door.

            Some of the stage staffs walks around to clean up before the rehearsal. Someone notice sparks coming out of the firework launcher. The girl ran to the stage director.

            “Something is wrong with one of the firework launcher.”

            “What?”

            “It is sparking. What should we do?”

            “Call a technician to look at it. It needs to be looked at before the rehearsal.”

            “I get right on that.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            MinSeul drives off to a little café 20 minutes away from the performing center. She enters the little café that she fell in love with. As soon as she opens the door the smell of the freshly baked goods filled her lung.

            “Michelle!” the barista called out to her, “How are you?” he was about his mid-forties.

            “I’m good Stan. How about you?”

            “Business is booming here.” He smiles at her.

            “That is good.” She smiles and looks at the menu.

            “The usual for you?”

            “Yes…caramel macchiato and make it a grand and an asigo bagel. I have a big day today.”

            “No problem.”

            “Merci.” She went and got her asiago bagel waited for her macchiato. She looked out at the beautiful city she was in. The city of love, “I am going to miss this place when I leave.” she observes every little detail from the sky high buildings down to the smallest leaf that flew by the warm breeze. Not too far away she notices and poster, “Yong JunHyung…it going to be nice you again.” It was a poster advertising the guys’ concert.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            “Manager-hyung.” Yeosob stretched as soon as he got out of the van. The boys all got out in a line, “Is this where we are meeting the representative from the branch office?”

            “Ne.” He walks up to him, “Park Michelle is meeting us here.”

            “Is she Korean?”

            “From the sound of it she is Korean.” The manager looked through his phone and dial someone’s number.

            “Who are you calling?” ask HyungSeung

            “I’m calling Michelle… she is supposed to meet us here, but she is late.” The manager put the phone up to his ear, “Hello, is this Michelle Park?”

            “Yes. Sorry I’m actually stuck in traffic right now. You can tell the boys to go ahead and head to their dressing room. My associates will take care of them and let them know what is going to be happening before the show.”

            “Yes…but they want to know if there is anything else going on after the rehearsal is finished?”

            “Aniyo…but if they would like I can take them to a restaurant afterwards as an apology for not being able to accompany them.”

            “Ani…that won’t be necessary.” He smiles, “The boys actually wanted to do their own thing today.”

            “That is no problem. I can be their tour guide.” MinSeul smiles, “Just have them go ahead and get ready. See you guys in a few.”

 

            The boys entered the dressing room and put on their own attire. When they walked towards the stage, JunHyung looked everywhere to see if he recognized anyone, but no one matched her description or anyone else’s.

            “Ok.” The assistant director walked up to the stage, “Everyone in your places. The boys got into their position. The light dimed down before the music started.

            Minseul entered the building looking at her watch because she knew she was running late; she dashes towards the performing hall.

            “Ms. Park?” Someone called for her and she turned around, “Can you take a look at this before you do something else?”

            “I’m sorry I’m already late.” She tries to rush pass the girl.

            “It concerning the firework launchers on stage.”

            “What?” MinSeul walks back towards her, “What is wrong with the launchers?”

            “After you left we went around to clean up, we came across one of the launcher and it was sparking. We called for a technician to check but they haven’t showed up yet.” MinSeul was dumbfounded.

            “Where are the idols?”

            “They’re practicing right now.” MinSeul ran off, “Ms. Park.” She ran after. MinSeul ran to the control room out of breath.

            “What is going on?” asked the assistant director, “Director Park.”

            “Stop the music.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “Stop the music and call the people working on the stage to not shoot the fireworks.” The assistant director was frozen, “right now!”

            “Y-yes.” He took out his walkie, “Is anyone back stage? Answer me. This is control room someone answer.”

            “This is Ash,” a rough voice answered back.

            “I need you to turn off the firework launchers right now. I repeat turn off the launcher.”

            “What?” MinSeul runs out of the control room towards the stage as she heard the song getting closer to the cue of the fireworks.

            “He isn’t going to make it.” MinSeul said as she ran out

            “Turn off the fireworks.”

            As she ran towards the stage she saw how close the guys were to the firework launchers and they were going to blast anytime soon. MinSeul didn’t know which one had the malfunction, worst case scenario is that the launcher might explode into pieces.   She literally jumps onto the stage as the music got closer to the cue. “Bikyeo!” she yelled out to the guys, they all stop and look at her direction, “Get away from the launcher,” Most of the guys got out of the way but JunHyung kept his eyes on her.

            “MinSeul.” He was surprised to see her.

            “Get out of the way.” She ran right into him and protected him with her own body. *BOOM* the firework went off and one exploded closer to MinSeul and JunHyung. She felt a burning sensation on her shoulder. She pushes herself up and looks at JunHyung, “JunHyung, are you okay?” he was lost at seeing her there on top of him. The staffs ran and extinguish the fire behind them and MinSeul stood up and helped JunHyung in the process.

            “JunHyung.” Everyone ran towards him and ignored MinSeul, “Are you okay?” They looked all over him making sure he was okay. MinSeul took one last look at him before walking away.

            She walked to her office with beads of sweat coming down her face.  She walked to the mirror beside her desk and pulls down her sleeve. Her shoulder was completely red.

            “Michelle.” She quickly pulls up her sleeve, one of the staffs came into her office, “B2ST’s manager wants to see you.”

            “I’ll be right out.” MinSeul fixed her shirt and they walked to the hall.

           

            The manager was furious, he was on the phone talking to the GM that was in charge and filed a complaint. The boys sat on the side glad and surprise to see Minseul.

            “How can you not be careful! My idols were almost injured.” JunHyung was in a whole different world. He was happy but he felt bitter inside also.

            “JunHyung.” KiKwang taps his shoulder, “Are you okay?”

            “Bwoh?”

            “You aren’t hurt anywhere are you?”

            “Ani.” He smiles, “Just surprised.” He kept thinking about her. His heart started to race as soon as he saw MinSeul walked through the door. But she avoided looking at them at all cost.  She went straight to the manager.

            “Mianhaeyo.”

            “How are you taking care of your staff? My idols could’ve sustained serious injuries.”

            “I’m very sorry sir. I’ll make sure that it won’t happen again.” She kept a straight face through her scolding.

            “Hyung.” DooJoon stood up from his seat, “You can stop it now.” the manager looked at him, “Can’t you see that none of us were hurt. If it wasn’t for Min- Michelle.” DooJoon notice MinSeul’s shirt sleeve was a little black.

            “It is okay I was at fault for not making sure everything was working properly before you guys were to practice. If there is anything I can do for you guys for the rest of your stay, please do let me know.”

            “Nothing.” JunHyung stood up, “I’ll like to go back and rest now.” he leaves out from the performing hall to the dressing room. His face was all smile as soon as the door closed, “I finally found you again.”

           

            MinSeul went and patched herself up before going back to meet up the technician to replace the launcher before the concert.

            “Michelle-ssi.” She turns around and see DooJoon. They exchange friendly smiles with each other, “Annyeonghaesayo.”

            “Hello DooJoon.”

 

            DooJoon sat down at a table in the corner. MinSeul brought over two coffee cups, she set on in front of DooJoon and sat down across from him.

            “Thanks.” He took a sip from the cup and sat and relax. “So your new name is Michelle, huh?”

            “Yes.” She chuckles, “Why? Does it not fit me?”

            “Ani…aniyo. It suits you well…a gift from God.” MinSeul was surprised he knew the meaning of the name she had chosen.

            “Oh…when did you know so much about name meanings?”

            “Since I thought about getting a family?”

            “Bwoh?” MinSeul was shocked, “Jjinja?” she was excited.

            “Don’t get too excited.” He smiles, “I’m talking about the future.”

            “Got me all excited for nothing.” DooJoon laughed at her, “So how are you and Moon?”

            “I think you already know.”

            “Yeah, but I want to know from your side.” 

            “We’re…doing great. It is getting a little harder because of our schedule but we promise that we won’t let it come in between us.”

            “That is good to hear.” She smiles as she wraps her hand around her coffee cup, “So how is JunHyung and Go Hara-ssi doing?” DooJoon looks up and smiles at her, “Did I say something wrong? They are dating right?"

            “MinSeul, you work for CUBE’s Paris branch, how do you not know?”     

            “Know what?”

            “Go Hara and JunHyung broke it off a while back already.”

            “Oh.” She felt relieve.

            “Did you ever see the interview for the song shadow?” she shook her head. He sighs, “Everyone thinks her wrote that song for Go Hara, but that isn’t the case.” She looks up at him, “He wrote it for you. The reason they broke up is because she found out about his true feelings.” DooJoon sat up in his seat, “He waiting for you to come back, he has been waiting for you to come back since the day you left Korea.”

            “Since I left…nothing has been easy for me either.” she smirks, “I work for CUBE…I see his picture, his ads, his drama every day for the last two years.” She took a deep breath, “When I heard that he and Hara-ssi were dating I tried not to get irritated. I just thought we…or he got on with our lives.” She took a deep breath to calm herself down.

            “MinSeul.”

            “I have to get going.” She stood up, “It was nice talking to you. You should go get some more rest before the concert.” He notices the white bandage that was under her sleeve as she walked away.

            “Did she hurt herself earlier?”

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

            The boys were all in their stage attire and headed toward the bottom of the stage to get on the lifts. MinSeul walked in with a clipboard.

            “All right guys.” She looked at them, “Is everyone ready. We are on a minute.” She smiles, “I know to you guys this is just another concert but to the fans it is more than that. So work hard but have fun.” She put her hand up and fist, “FIGHTING!”

            “FIGHTING!” they all said

            “Alright…15 seconds. Get in your position.” The staffs backed away from the lifts. JunHyung’s eye never left MinSeul until the very end. As soon as the music cue MinSeul took a deep breath.

            “Michelle are you okay?” ask one of the staff.

            “I’m fine. Just got burned by the fireworks earlier.” 

            “Oh my goodness, are you okay?” the other staffs overheard their conversation, “You should be resting.”

            “No it is okay, I’m fine.” She smiles, “I’ll get it checked out when the concert is over. We’ve worked too hard for me just to leave you guys alone.”

            “Alright.” The girl sighs, “but be very careful, I know burns hurt quiet bad.”

            “Thanks.”

           

            When the concert was over the guys were drench in their own sweat from dancing and singing. Some of the female staffs were fan-girling and wanted to give water bottles to the group. They handed JunHyung a water bottle but he was looking for MinSeul.

            “JunHyung-oppa, this is for you.” She hands him a water bottle

            “Thanks.” He took it without looking at them. He remembers during the ‘Shadow’ performance he saw her face and how he felt. He sang the song with all his might because he wishes that she felt his feelings through the song. He wanted to be her shadow. “Do you know where Michelle is?”

            “Ms. Park is backstage helping the crew clean up.”

            “Thanks.” He walks out of the room and back towards the stage. MinSeul was walking back towards the dressing rooms. They both bumped into each other making MinSeul go off balance. JunHyung react fast and catches her by the waist. “Are you okay?”

            “Ne.” she stands up straight and JunHyung lets her go. “Can I help you with something?”

            “Bwoh?”

            “Well… you came back towards the stage so I thought maybe you forgot something.” His heart was racing at the sight of her, or was it from running. No it wasn’t it felt different it was a warmer feeling. It was something he hasn’t felt for two years.

            “I lost something.” He said without looking at her.

            “What did you lose?” she sounded concern, “I can have the staff look for it.” She walked back towards the stage but he grabs her wrist, “What?” she looks back at him.

            “They won’t be able to find it.” He looks at her, “Because you have it…my-.”