Spark

A Forgotten Silhouette

“Care to explain?” he avoid eye contact with me and had his hands in his pocket. “I guess I have proven my point. Kaja.” I walked to the car first. When I got there another sport car pulled up; one that I recognizes all too well. He got out of the car along with two other guys. He looks at me with pitiful eyes. I got into the car and close the door.

Doo-Joon POV

When I saw her my heart jump a bit. She look like she just got done with an argument and won; a face I was all too familiar with.She got into the car and I walked towards JunHyung who was at the pier.

“Hyung!” DongWoon got JunHyung’s attention.

“What are you guys doing here?” He walked to meet us.

“We finish our job, so we came to meet you.” I put my hand on his shoulder, “Why is she here…with you?” He just smiles and rub his neck.

“I heard about her liking nature so I brought her along to convince her…and I succeeded.”

“Why does she look upset then?” I notice he hesitated to tell me.

“Let just say I ask about something I shouldn’t have said.”

Bam!

The slamming of the car door got all of our attention. MinSuel had her backpack slung over her shoulder and was walking out on the road.

“I got to go Hyung.” JunHyung ran off after her.

JunHyung Pov

I heard the slamming of the car door and looked over. MinSeul was walking out of the campsite on her own.

“I got to go hyung.” I ran to my car and started the engine and drove off after her. She was pretty fast for a girl on two legs. She was almost to the main road when I caught up to her. “Yah! Park MinSeul!” she glares at me and kept on walking. I swerve in front of her making her stop. I got out of my car. “Ppalli.”

“I can find my own way home.” She turns to walk away, I grab her arm, “Waeyo?”

“It is almost dark soon, you expect me to let you go by yourself.”

“It look like you were busy with your guy friends anyways.” She pulled her arm from my grip, “I’m was only here to look around at your campsite. Since I am no longer needed I shall take my leave.” She pulls her bag strap over her shoulder.

“Who is going to come and pick you up at this hour? All the way out here?”

BEEP! BEEP!

A grey car pulls up next to us with JungHo and YeonYeon

“That is my ride.” I look at her with disbelief. The fact that they were here so quick and the mustang. I think I might have left my mouth open for a bit.

“How did they get here so fast?”

“When you were busy talking to your girlfriend, I my GPS and had them follow it in case you thought of some stupid idea to make us stay here over night.” She walked over to JungHo’s car and wave good-bye to me with a huge smirk on her face. They drove off leaving me dumbfound. I couldn’t believe I just got ditch by a girl.

MinSeul Pov

When I got the car I took a huge breathe. I was so relieve I was able to get away from him. I sulk down into the seat. Yeonnie looked back at me and chuckle.

“Were you that annoyed?” she asked me. I sat straight up.

“I was going crazy.” JungHo laughed at me, “Bwoh?”

“Nothing.” He looks at me through the rearview mirror, “I’m just surprise you actually went with him…I thought the Park MinSeul I know would never do that.”

“I had no choice.” I fell back onto the chair, “He lied to Halmeoni that he was my boyfriend and if I didn’t come with him he would go spouting lies about it.”

“Yah Park MinSeul,” I can hear the laughter in his voice, “by the looks of it, I think our kingka might have a little crush on you.”

“Bwoh?”

“I agree.” Yeonnie nods her head, “I haven’t seen a guy mess or even try to talk to you since you came here. He is actually the first.” I just lean back and look out the window, thinking about what JunHyung said.

Running away won’t help. It will only follow you, until you face it.

“JungHo.” I lean in between Yeonnie and JungHo

“Hmm?”

“Are you going to the camp with us?” I asked

“When?”

“A couple of days from now.”

“Aniyo.”

“Waeyo?”

“I have to help EunHye with her stuff and the transferring.” From the corner of my eye I could see Yeonnie’s expression sadden a little bit.

“Oh.” I nod, “Question?” He look at me for a quick sec, “Why are you two together?” I pointed at Yeonnie and then at him.

“I needed her opinion on something I should buy for EunHye. I didn’t want to ask you because you aren’t the girly type.”

“Oh.” I nod again.

 

Yeonnie and I walked to the school the next day without JungHo, he went to send EunHye to school. Her expression wasn’t as bright.

“Yah!” I gave her a shove and she looked at me, “Get over it…JungHo isn’t the last guy on earth.”

“I know…but” she sighs, “Something doesn’t feel right. Does having a crush hurt this bad?” I was hesitant to answer her. “After my accident I just don’t feel the same.”

“Yeonnie-ah…your accident has nothing to do with it.” Her expression sadden, “Kaja…we have to get to class before the popular people gets there.” I grabs her wrist and drag her along.

As we got to the gate, the first sport car stops by us. The tinted window rolled down revealing Lee Gi-Kwang and Jang HyunSeung on the passenger seat.

“Morning ladies.” He smiled at us, “You want a ride to the door.”

“No thanks you.” I smile back at him, “We don’t want to get your nice car tainted with our less expensive uniform.”

“Whao.” HyunSeung laughed form the passenger seat, “So that is the attitude that has gotten JunHyung’s attention.” They look at each other for a quick sec, “I guess he like the feisty type now.”

Beep! Beep!

The sport car behind him honks and he waves back.

“Sorry ladies…got to go.” Gi-Kwang drives away. The car behind him following him slowly, but I could see the person inside, him. I continued walking with Yeonnie following me behind. When we got to the door they were just getting crowded by the girls.

“Let hurry up Yeonnie.” We walked a little bit faster to pass the crowd. I felt someone pull my arm back and heard girls gasping. I turned my head and I saw Doo-Joon. I could hear the girls around me gasping.

“What do you want?” He walked right up to me and look down at me, “Bwoh?”

“Are you coming to the camp?” He had a straight face. I sigh.

“If that is all that you have to ask, go ask JunHyung-ssi. I have to get to class.” I pulled my arm from his grip and walked into the school.

“Min-ah!” He yelled out.  I walked away without turning back at him and left. I could hear all the student gossiping about what just happen. I could feel the tears trying to escape my eyes and the pain in my heart.

“Min-ah” I heard Yeonnie running after. She place her hand on my shoulder, “Gweachah-a?”

“Ne.” I nod to reassure her and myself, “Kaja.”

YeonYeon Pov

I sat in my seat but I couldn’t help but look back at MinSeul once in a while. She looked upset even though it been almost three years. Only if I can remember what happened those past three years.

Flashback

I remember going to Mr. and Mrs. Park’s house after school with some cookies. I heard that their granddaughter came to live with them. When I got to the door I was greeted by Halmeoni.

“Hello YeonYeon.”

“Hello Halmeoni.”

“Come in.” She welcomes me into her home. “What bring you here today?”

“I brought you and hal-abeoji cookies.” She receive them with a smile, “I also heard that your granddaughter moved here to live with you guys.” She was hesitant for a sec before telling me about MinSeul.

As we sat and talk MinSeul walked in; look like she just got done running. She really pretty was my first thought; she had long dark brown hair, and beautiful tan skin.

“Min-ah.” She looked over and smile at her grandmother. But her eyes looked puffy. I wonder if she just got done crying or something.

“Ne, halmeoni.” She sat done right next to her.

“I want you to meet Kim YeonYeon.” She looked at me and I felt dumb as if I could not speak.

“Halabeoji’s chingu’s granddaughter.” She nods and MinSeul out her hand out.

“My name is Park MinSeul.”

“I’m Kim Yeon Yeon.”

MinSeul and I ended up going to the same school. Halabeoji wanted me to show her around. She was kind of slow and draggy at first but I got her to go.

“MinSeul-ssi, what are your classes?”

“I don’t know I didn’t check them out yet.” I nod.

When we got to school I notice a lot of guys kept staring at us. I felt shy, but when I looked at MinSeul she looked like she just ignored them. As if she could care less about them. I gave her a tour around the school and took her to class. As usual when it was break time everyone crowded over the new girl. A lot of girls usually like the attention but in her case she just ignored them completely. She wasn’t really open about anything.

A couple of days later we got another new student. Some of the girls were talking about how he used to live here about 5 years ago but I didn’t care. As soon as he walked into class all the girls were swoon by his look.

“Hello everyone I am Yoon Doo-Joon.” I notice the look on MinSeul’s face; anger, sorrow and hate. I look back at him and I notice he stared back at her.

 

After school I went to go and look for MinSeul. I went behind the school and heard somebody yell.

“Let go of me!” I walked over slowly and saw the new kid and her. He had a hold on her arm and she had tears in her eye. Why was she crying?

“Min-ah listen to me.” He knows her?

“I don’t want anything to do with you. Let go of me!” She was able to get free from him. “Stay away from me.” She walked towards my direction and as soon as she saw me she ran. When I went to her house later she didn’t want to see anybody. I talked to her anyways and found out what happened and her history. The next day she cut her hair and change her attitude…like a new MinSeul.

End

“Hey Yeonnie.” JungHo ran to his seat next to me.

“Hey.” I gave him a small smile. He observed my face and then looked at Min.

“Did I miss something?”

“Nothing much…just Doo-Joon approach MinSeul today.”

“Doesn’t that always happen once in a while?”

“Ani, he called her informally today.” JungHo just shrug her shoulder.

“What is so wrong about that?” I nudge his head a little, “Yah!”

“I don’t know how you got a girlfriend.”

“That is how I got you.” I was shocked for a bit.

“Bwoh?”

“A-ani.” He avoid looking at me. “So are you going to the camp with MinSeul?”

“Ne.” I nod.

“Be careful, arraso?”

“Aigoo.” I pinch his cheeks, “If you’re so worried why don’t you just come along?”

MinSeul Pov

I don’t know what is wrong with me. The way he says my name just gets to me. It is just a name though right…then why would it bother me so much?

“Otteke? Park MinSeul, otteke?” I hit my head.

“Hit your head any harder and you might become stupid.” Hyorin commented from her seat, some of the students laughed. I glare at her.

“Put on anymore make up and I might mistake you for a clown.”

“Yah!” she stood up. I just scoff at how easy it was to get on her nerves.

“What going on?” I look at the direction the voice was coming from. JunHyung stood at the door with his bag slung over his shoulder and Doo-Joon next to him. Hyorin ran to him like a baby.

“Oppa~, she was making fun of me.” She pointed at me and all I could do was chuckle a little bit, “See, she is laughing at me now.” she pouts.

“A-rra-so.” He patted her head and walk towards me. He put his bag on the chair and stare at me. “Park MinSeul.-.”

“I don’t feel like talking today.” I cut him off, “Maybe some other time.” I took out my books and materials.

“I just want to ask you to stop messing with Hyorin, arraso?” I turn my head and looked straight at him.

“So what?” he backed away a little, “So that she can tease me more than she already has.” I scoff, I turn my head and saw Doo-Joon still at the door, “You men are all alike.” I ignored him and continue with my work. Yeonnie walked up to him.

“If it is okay with you, how about we trade seats for today?” he nods and grabs his bag, but before he left he took one last look at me.

 

I went to the library to study for a test that was coming up soon. It wasn’t the place I like the most but just one of them. I went to a small secluded corner in the library to study where I could not be disturb. I walked through the library looking for a book. I found the bookshelf, but the book was too high up. I curse myself for being short. I tiptoed and jump trying to get the book. Just then a hand came out from nowhere and grab the book. I look behind me and saw JunHyung. He gave his usual smirk and handed me the book. I look at him and at the book and took it.

“A small ‘thank you’ would be nice.” I sigh and turn around.

“Thank-You.” I went towards my table and sat down. He followed me and sat down across from me.

“About earlier-.”

“You are forgiven.” I cut him off again without looking at him.

“What?...that was easier than I thought.” He smirk and then frown, “unless you really haven’t forgiven me.”

“JunHyung-ssi.”

“It is just JunHyung.” I rolled my eyes

“Jun-Hyung, I really don’t care what you say or do I am trying to study here. So if you don’t mind.” I went back to doing my work. He sat their without moving. I got up to go find another book he followed me but I didn’t care. When I found the book it was on a shelf that was within arm’s reach, I was determine to get it before he could.

“If you need help just tell me.” JunHyung tried to grab it but I jump and was able to get it first.

“I don’t need your hel-.” JunHyung quickly grabs me and turns me around. The sound of books falling to the ground could be heard. I was so puzzled by the quick movement I didn’t move. I heard him groan a bit.

“Are you okay?” he looked down at me.

“I’m fine.” I look at him. “You?” he rubs his neck and nods. The librarian came and check on the noise and I push him away quickly. I apologize and put all the book back and we both left the library. When we got out of the school it was sprinkling a bit.

“Do you need a ride?” he asked me

“Aniyo, it is just sprinkling.” He grabs my wrist and drags me to his car. I got in reluctantly. He drove off. The ride as quiet but I saw him rubbing his neck. “Gweanchah-ah?”

“Ne.” he quickly put his hand on the wheel. I notice it was turning red. He stop right in front of my house. “See you tomorrow.”

“Come inside.”

“Bwoh?”

“I’m not inviting you because I am being nice. I’m telling you to come inside so that I can take a better look at your wound.” I heard him open and close his car door.

JungHo Pov

Yeonnie and I went to our favorite café. It actual her favorite, I’m not a big coffee fan. I just happen to like a lot of things she likes even though I have no interest in it.

“Yeonnie?”

“Hmm?” she looks at me

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright at the camp?”

“Hmm.” She nods, “Why do you look so worried?”

“It isn’t anything.” I played with my fingers.

“Oppa.” I look at her, “I know why you’re scared but don’t be. I’ll watch out for myself this time.” She gave me her cute smile. “You,” I could hear her hesitant voice, “go and have fun with EunHye-ssi.” She gave me a fake smile I knew all too well.

“Arraso.” I smile back at her, “You be careful. If you or MinSeul wants to come home just call me. I’ll be there.”

“What about EunHye?”

“I’ll talk to her about it.”

MinSeul Pov

When we got inside no one was home. I hanged my bag on the coat rack. He followed me.

“Just sit down I’ll be back.” I went into the kitchen and looked for the ointment that Halmeoni usually use it when I get sore. I look all over for it and found it in the last cabinet. I grab it and walked back.  He was looking at the pictures hanging on our wall. “I found it.” He turns back to look at me. “Let me see your neck.” He sat down on the couch, I walk over and look at his neck. It wasn’t bad it was just red. I start to apply the medicine onto his neck.

“You look really pretty with long hair.” I stop for a quick sec but continued applying the ointment, “Why did you cut it?”

“I cut it because I felt like trying something new.” I close the lid to the ointment and handed it to him. He look up at me.

“Waeyo?”

“I’m giving it to you…take it and apply it to your neck.” He took it from my hand. I got up and walked to the door and open it. “See you this tomorrow.” He got up walk to the door.

“I’ll have someone come pick you up tomorrow.”

“No need.” He turn around and lean against the door frame.

“Think it as a ‘you owe me for saving you from the books.’” I cross my arms over my chest.

“Aniyo. I have my own transportation. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I closed the door on his face.

 

JunHyung Pov

We all headed to the school the next morning. I had Yoseob go pick her up and he wasn’t back yet, it was already 7:45. Most of the kids were already boarding the bus and I saw Yoseob’s yellow car pull into the parking lot, but I only saw him alight.

“Did she not come?” I ask him.

“Her halmeoni said that she had already left this morning.”

BEEP! BEEP!

A blue sport car that I have never seen before pulls up into the school parking lot. And I saw YeonYeon and MinSeul alight from the car.

Preview

“Am I obliged to tell you things?”

 “JunHyung isn’t the type to just help anybody in trouble.”

“How do you know I am not just faking it so that I can get to you?”

“I feel like I am being rip apart. I can’t face him”

“…don’t you think it is a little too much for her to handle all at one time.”

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed it so far. Subscrbe, Comment, and/or Upvote.

♥Saranghaeyo♥ 

Tell  me what you like and don't like.