Reminiscing

A Forgotten Silhouette

            The two man stood facing each other, the taller male with his hand on MinSeul wrist. MinSeul struggle to get the two to stop.

            “I’ll like to see you try.” The bartender took the first swing and it landed on the taller male’s face, resulting him to let MinSeul go. The bartender walks over the guy and towards her.

            “Are you okay?” the bartender asked her and she nodded.

            “Ahh.” MinSeul scream as the other guy stood up, “Watch out.”

             The bartender looks behind him. The taller guy takes a swing at the bartender. MinSeul pushes him out the way and gets hit by the punch, making her land on the floor.

            “That is what you get you little .” When the tall guy turns around a punch lands on him, making him stumble.

            “You think that punching a girl like that makes you a man.” JunHyung was mad and kicks the guy in the stomach and continuously punch him. MinSeul runs and stops JunHyung from landing another blow.

            “Stop and just go.” JunHyung reluctantly walks back to the room. MinSeul went and help the bartender up, “I’m sorry.” Security takes the tall guy away. JunHyung turns and watched MinSeul caring for someone she just meet.

            “No. I am willing to help a damsel in distress.” MinSeul smirks, “Are you okay?” he looks at her busted lip.

            “I’m okay.” MinSeul thank him again and leaves back to the upstairs room. When she got up there everyone looked at her as if she committed a crime. She looked around the room but he wasn’t there. She walks to Moon, “Where is JunHyung?”

            “Min what happened?” she saw the busted lip

            “Don’t worry about that.” She sighs, “Where is JunHyung?”

            “I think he head towards the bathroom.”

 

            JunHyung washed his bloody fist in the sink, it sting but he didn’t let it show on his face. He was more upset that she went to help the bartender first, rather than him. He walks out into the hallway and saw leaning against the wall. She stood up straight when she saw him.

            “JunHyung.” he walks passed her, “Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine.” He walks back towards the room but becomes light headed. MinSeul ran to his side and tried to help him get back on to his feet, “I said that I am fine.” He pushes her to the side making her collide with the wall. MinSeul was surprised at his action, so was he, “Sorry.”

            “No…I understand.” She stood up, “We should keep our distance.” MinSeul was sad, “I’m sorry. I just wanted to come and say thank you.” She kept her tears from falling, “I just wanted to see if you were okay.” MinSeul walks back towards the room. JunHyung didn’t move an inch. Moon sees MinSeul and walks towards her.

            “Min, are you okay?” she notice the teary eyes.

            “I’m fine.” She goes and grabs her bag, “I’m going to head home first…if you don’t want to leave yet just ask DooJoon oppa to take you home.”

            “What happened?”

            “Nothing serious,” she sees JunHyung walk out from the bathroom hallway, “we just got into a little misunderstanding. You have fun.”

            MinSeul walks out of the club and drive off in her car. JunHyung runs out of the building hoping to catch her in time, but all he saw was the back of her car leaving the parking lot. He turns back to go into the club.

            “JunHyung.” he looks up to see Moon standing there, “Are you okay?”

            “I’m okay.” He walks pass Moon.

            “You don’t have to hide it, you know.” He stops, “I know you are as hurt as MinSeul is. So why can’t you two just admit it to each other? Is it better for you guy to hurt each other like this?”

            “Moon you don’t understand…Min and I gone through things that no couple should go through, especially her. No girl should ever suffer what she had gone through with me.” He sighs, “Min was torture because of me, hated because of me. She – we lost our child because of me and she hid that fact from me to keep it safe,” His eye became watery and his lips trembled, “I almost lost her because of me…if I could choose I rather watch her from afar and see her safe than be with her and see her hurt.”

            “Unnie and you are weird…you guys would rather suffer alone than together.”

            “Yeah,” he smirks, “It just our lives are too different.” He looked up to keep his tears from falling, “I guess you can call us star-crossed lovers.” He continues to walk back into the club, but the tears fell down his face, “You can tell her that I will love her till my last breath and remember her even though I forget everything else.”

-----

            Moon comes running into the shop in the morning. MinSeul was in the back setting the workshop up.

            “Mianhae I was late.”

            “Gweancha-a.” MinSeul smiles, “You had too much fun last night, huh?” She replies with a smile. Moon puts on an apron and walks up next to MinSeul.

            “So what do we have today?” MinSeul read off the list

            “We have to finish up the wedding preparation by tomorrow so we should finish it.” MinSeul grabs some pliers, “Also the two funeral orders needs to be done by the weekend and the one delivery to…” MinSeul stops

            “What?” Moon was curious

            “To CUBE.”

            “It is probably for the concert today.” MinSeul began counting the order. “How many orders?”

            “Five flower arrangement by today.” She sighs, “We should start now.”

------

            The guys were having song practice in the room. JunHyung was a little paler than he was the day before. As soon as they were done he went and laid down.

            “JunHyung, are you okay?” DongWoon asked him

            “I’m fine just a little light headed.”

            “I don’t think you should perform.” Said DooJoon, JunHyung sat up

            “I’ve done it before.” He sighs, “I just need some rest.”

            “Arraso. One hour only though we still have the stage practice.” JunHyung nod.

 

            MinSeul walks into the company with Moon behind her, both carrying bouquet of flowers. They were told to take it backstage. As they get back stage Moon was greeted by the staff. They were spotted by the guys. Moon went and hugged DooJoon.

            “MinSeul,” KiKwang looked at her, “Are you okay?” he pointed at her lip

            “Oh…it still hurts but I am okay.” She look around, “Is he okay? I don’t see him.”

            “He is taking a rest in the dressing room. Did you want me to-?”

            “No it is fine.” She smiles, “Moon, I am going to go to the bathroom when I’ll come back we’ll go back.”

           

            MinSeul was walking back towards the hall when she bumps into JunHyung. They looked surprise to see each other. JunHyung had sunglasses on.

            “JunHyung…how are you feeling?” he didn’t answer, “Are you upset with me?”

            “MinSeul…we should stop bumping into each other.” She felt her heart drop as he turns to look at her, “We should stop seeing each other all together. You don’t come to my events, I don’t come anywhere near you. If we keep meeting like this people will talk.” She nod

            “If that is what you want…sure. I’ll stop showing up in front of you. I hope not to run into you in the future.” She takes a deep breath, “When you go in please tell Moon I’ll be in the car.” She walks and brushes shoulder with him in tears. He stood there for a sec as he tears up inside. He finally opens the door and enters.

            “Moon, MinSeul said she’ll be in the car.”

            “Ok.” She goes and hug DooJoon before leaving, “Bye everyone.”

            JunHyung goes and sits on the chair. He saw the flowers on the table. The one that caught his attention was the one with sunflowers.

            “Who are these for?”

            “Oh.” DongWoon walks over and looks at the flowers, “By the looks of it, it seems like all the guys got one including you. Mine is from NaEun.” He looks at him, “Who is yours from?”JunHyung walks over and reads the tag.

            “HaNeul is with you forever.” Everyone just stayed quiet.

------

            MinSeul sat at the café watching people walk pass her. Her mind running through what to do next.

            “Maybe I should go back to live with halmeoni.” She sighs, “Or should I go to the states?” she places her hand over her heart. She after paying for the drink she goes to a bar. She sat there drinking away the pain.

            “Miss.” The bartender talks to her, “Are you okay?” MinSeul was half drunk.

            “Have you ever been in a relationship?” the bartender looked confuse, “Don’t ever fall in love, because when you do all it does is hurt.” She held the shot glass up, “Love is a virus…it doesn’t pick and choose who…it just happens.” She started to cry, “If I knew you were going to hurt me this much I would have never let it happen.”  She fell asleep

            “Noona…” the bartender taps her shoulder, “noona.” KiKwang walks in with Yoseob, They notice the bartender waking someone up. KiKwang recognizes the outfit and walks over to take a look.       

            “MinSeul.” She was knocked out, “How long has she been here?”

            “She been drinking nonstop for about an hour already. Spouting about how she regretted falling in love. Seems like she just broke up with someone.” The bartender told them, “Do you know her?”

            “Yea she is our friend.” KiKwang never seen her in such a mess, “We’re going to take her home. Thanks for everything.” Yoseob grabs her handbag and help KiKwang place her on his back.

------

Knock knock

            DooJoon gets up from his chair. “They probably forgot something.” When he opens the door he was surprise to see MinSeul on KiKwang’s back. He walks in and lays her on the couch “What is this?”

            “She was passed out at the bar when Yoseob and I got there.” They guys began to gather, “He said that she was drinking nonstop for about an hour and talking about falling in love.”

            “She can’t stay here.” Said DooJoon, “Moon told me that when she got to the car Min’s eyes and nose was red.”

            “Did she and JunHyung-?”

            “Probably.” All the guy looked upset.

            “What is going on?” JunHyung had just gotten out of the shower. He saw MinSeul knocked out on the couch, “What is she doing here?”

            “She got drunk at a bar and we brought her back home.”

            “Why didn’t you take her to her home?”

            “We don’t know where she lives.” JunHyung sighs and walks over and pick her up and took her to his room. He laid her on his bed and pulls the blanket over her. He sat there for a sec staring at her face.       

            “Babo.” His heart felt heavy, “Did I hurt you that much?” he tucked her hair behind her ear.

            “I’m sorry.” A tear slip from her eye, “I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

             “Mianhae.”

------

            DooJoon waited outside of Moon’s home for her. He had a smile on his face and a gift in his hands. Moon walks out of her house with a white dress accented with a red necklace and heels. He get out of the car and goes and opens the car door.

            “Thank you.” She smiles and sit in the car. DooJoon closes the door and walks to the other side to get in, “Sorry. Did I make you wait long?”

            “Ani,” he smiles, “I didn’t mind waiting.” He starts the car and they head to their destination.

           

            They were seated at a table near the window with a lake view. Moon takes a look at the menu as DooJoon ordered wine. She saw the prices and put her menu down. DooJoon was curious at her action.

            “What is wrong?”

            “The food here is so…pricy.” DooJoon chuckle at her cute behavior, “Waeyo?” she was curious why he was laughing at her. He stops and explains to her.

            “Moon…it is okay. Just order whatever you want. I’ll pay for it.” He smiles, “You don’t have to worry.” She picks up the menu again and looks at it. Not too long afterwards they order and the food came out.

            “Thanks for tonight.” She smile, “It was delicious.” He smiles back,

            “So why were you so late today?”

            “MinSeul left early after finishing up the orders and told to close up.”

            “Do you know what wrong with Min?”

            “Waeyo?”

            “Ki-Kwang and YoSeob found her at a bar not too long before I came out to pick you up.”

            “Omo.” Moon looks shocked, “Is she okay? Did something happen?”

            “Nothing is wrong, she was drunk and fell asleep. So the guys took her to our apartment. The strange thing was JunHyung. He was mean towards her and wanted to know why they brought her to our apartment instead. I just don’t get him sometimes, I swear he was just madly in love with her not too long ago and now…”He saw Moon’s face and took her hand, “Moon, if you know something that we don’t please let us know.”

------

            MinSeul woke up with a headache. She was confused to where she was. She looks around and knew where she was right away. She fell back down as soon as she stood up.

            “Apa.” She presses her hands on her head, “I got to get out of here.” MinSeul tries again and walks out the door. To her luck she meets the person she wanted to avoid the most.

            “Here.” He hands her water and pills without looking at her, “It is for the headache. After you are done, leave.”

            “I don’t need it.” MinSeul held her composure, “Thanks for everything. I’ll keep my half of the bargain. You will never see each me again.” She walks pass him and bumps into DooJoon.

            “Min you’re up.” He looks at her and see JunHyung in the hallway.

            “Morning. I’m sorry for last night.” She tries to smile, “I promise that will never happen again.”

            “No it is fine you can come anytime. It better for you to be here than some stranger’s place.”

            “Thanks but I don’t think that is necessary. Sorry but I have to get going.” She walks out the door as fast as she could. DooJoon looked down the hall and JunHyung had not move a single step.

            “Are you happy now?” He asks JunHyung. JunHyung walks into his room and slams the door. He laid right on his bed.

-------

            MinSeul walks into her parents’ company. “I want to know if you have any work for me outside of Korea.” She asks her appa.

            “Waeyo? What is with the sudden request?”

            “Nothing I just need to get out of Korea, with all the scandal that has been going on I want to leave and let things settle down.”

            “How long?” He was worried

            “The longer the better.”

            “What about your shop?”

            “Moon and her family will take care of that while I am gone.”

            “Min, have you talked to your umma about this yet?” she shook her head, “Maybe we should.”

            “aniyo.”

            “Waeyo?”

            “If I ask umma I know for sure that I’ll have to battle her before getting a yes.” She sigh, “With the situation I am in appa, I want to get out of here as soon as possible. Korea is not a place I want to be in.” Her father looked at her before leaning back in his chair. His hands folded as he thinks.

            “Alright let me look through and see what I have.” MinSeul’s eyes lighten up

            “Thanks Abeoji.” She gets up, “I will be waiting to hear from you.” She gets into her car and drives off, but somehow ended up at CUBE. “What am I doing here?” she looks at the time; it was time for the guys’ practice, “I said that he wouldn’t see me again. Maybe I can go in for a peek. That wouldn’t hurt right.”

 

            JunHyung was practicing in the room by himself. MinSeul walk to the practice room and only sees JunHyung through the glass door. He was sweating beads and his breathing was short. MinSeul notice that his movements were a little sloppy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            “I’m inviting you to a hangout that I am hosting.”

            “Sorry, I don’t do fancy party.” MinSeul grabs her bag. JunHyung grabs her arm. Everyone in the room gasps and Hyorin starts to heat up.

            “As a friend.” He puts the invitation in her hand. “It isn’t anything fancy, it is just a campout at this one lake, and we are going during break in a couple days. Everyone is invited.”

            “Then there is no need for me.” She sticks the invitation into his pocket, “If you’ll excuse me I have to go and meet with my real friends.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

             “MinSeul-ah.” She open her eyes and they went wide when she saw JunHyung face so close to her. She started to move her head back. “What are you doing sleeping on my porch?”

            “Nothing.” She had a guilty expression.

            “Jjinja? Then why are you here?” she looks away and then quickly hold up and brown bag. “What is this?”

            “For your hands.” She hands him the bag and he takes it. “Thank you for today. You didn’t have to.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            “If a guy was to ask you out,” he paused, “what would you do?” She froze at the question. He notice her sudden expression.

            “I never really thought about it.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

             “Naneun…joahe.” MinSeul start to walk away. “Naneun jjinja joahe, Park MinSeul.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            MinSeul was laying in the puddle unconscious, Doo-Joon ran to her and held her in his arms. She was as cold as ice and barely breathing.

            “MinSeul.” He kind of shook her but no response. He pick her up, “Move aside.” Doo-Joon runs out with MinSeul in his arms. YeonYeon and Gi-Kwang runs out after him. JunHyung felt ashamed that he just let the girl he liked get carried away right in front of him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            “I hate girls who act like they care but doesn’t really.” MinSeul scoffs, “Maybe I might have mistaken it when I first meet you but I want you to know that I don’t have time to deal with that stupid game of yours.”

            “Did I hurt your feelings?” MinSeul looks at him, “Who was it that wanted to be my friend? Who was it that was trying so hard after getting pushed away?” JunHyung shut his mouth, “I didn’t tell you to become my friend you wanted to. I should be the one that is hurt a lot more…right when I put my guard down you want to all of sudden confess. Don’t you think I would have more going through my mind?”

            “MinSeul-a.”

            “No…I understood you perfectly. I was worried about you for nothing.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

JunHyung wipes his face with his hand leaving a white powder mark on his face. “Hey Jun-.” She paused

“Hmm?” he looked at her.

“You got a little something there.” She pointed to her face showing where it was on his face. He missed and got more powder on his face. She couldn’t help but chuckle a bit. “Here let me help you.” She wiped his face with my hand. When she was done they both just kept staring at each other.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            “MinSeul!” somebody yells her name out, “Watch out!” Somebody tackles her and she sees a ball fly over her them. She looks to her side and seen JunHyung hovering over her breathless.

            “Gweanchah-a?” he asked her. She took one good look at him and pushes him onto his and slowly gets up.

            “I don’t need your help.” She took one step and stumble, “Ahh.” He scurries to her side.

“You might have twisted it.” He took off her shoe. MinSeul moves her feet away, but he got a hold of it. “Will you stop!” he yells, “Why are you being like this?” MinSeul didn’t answer but look elsewhere.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            “O-oppa.” NaEun suttered

            “What did you do to MinSeul?”

            “Nothing.” She was scared, “I didn’t do anything to her.”

            “Liar!” JunHyung became angry, “What was that I heard just now?”

            “Oppa.” She whines and holds onto his arm.

            “Ka.” She froze in her position, “I don’t want to see you anymore.” He excused himself and ran, “Pabo…Why didn’t you just tell me it was NaEun? Waeyo?” he saw MinSeul miserable face flashed through his mind, “You have to be okay…you just have to.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“I can’t help but notice the way you are eating.”

“I just got the cravings, I don’t know why.” She sighs and throws her piece on chip back into the bag, “Thanks you for paying for the food. How on earth did you know I was here?”

“I followed you.” He smiles, “I was taking out my trash and heard your door open. You didn’t even notice me and went on your way. I followed you because it was dark and a girl should never walk in the dark alone.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            JunHyung laid down on the bed in the nurse’s office with an arm over his eyes and trash can besides him. NaEun left to class after some convincing from him. The nurse walks up to him.

            “How are you feeling?” she asked

            “I feel drained.” He took a deep breath, “So do you know what is wrong with me?” she sighs and looks at her clipboard.

            “From what you are telling me it seems like you are pregnant?”

            “Bwoh?” he got up so fast, “That isn’t possible.”    

            “I know it isn’t.” She laugh, “But it is possible for a father to be to show signs of morning sickness when he is worried or become protective.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            “All the sad and happy memories we had, does it all really come down to this?” He thought to himself, “Us parting ways.”

            JunHyung vision began to blur and he stops. MinSeul was confused. He shook it off and tried again, but as soon as he did a twirl he fell onto the dance floor. MinSeul rushed in without hesitation.    

            “JunHyung!” he was on his back, “Gweancha-ah?” she tries to sit his up, his body was burning up. Her face was to blurry for him but he recognize the voice.

            “Min…”

            “JunHyung.” his eyes began to close. “Yah, keep your eyes open.” She started to panic, “Someone help me!”