Tunnel

A Forgotten Silhouette

JunHyung woke up from his dream drenched in sweat and breathing hard. He observe his location and was glad he was in his room. He went and wash his face and calmed himself down.

“Why was she in my dream?” he thought and then shook his head from the thought of it. “I’m probably thinking too much.”

KNOCK KNOCK

He ran down to the front door and opens it. MinSeul stood there all dressed up, will kind of, she wore place skinny jeans and a white tank and a black boyfriend blazer. He looked confuse. “What are you doing here?”

“What do you mean ‘What am I doing here’?” she crosses her arms over her chest, “We’re supposed to be volunteering today for our class project.”

“Oh.” He said as he massages his forehead.

“Gweanchah-a?” MinSeul notice the slightly dark circle under his eyes.

“Ne.” he nods and puts his hands down, “I just couldn’t sleep much.”

“If you don’t feel good then you can stay and I can go by myself.”

“Ani. Just wait here while I get ready.”

-----

KiKwng and YeonYeon stop outside an animal shelter. KiKwang parks his car and they both get out. YeonYeon notice the looks on his face; he wasn’t smiling and was expressionless.

“Ki-Kwang.” He looks at her with bored eyes, “Gweanchah-a?” He sighs

“Ne.” he fixes his jacket, “Ppalli.” He walks away without her. She closes the car door and tries to catch up to him.

“Hajima.”

-----

JunHyung drove to the shelter with MinSeul in the passenger seat. He was emotionless and keeping his eyes on the road. MinSeul couldn’t help but feel like hanging onto her seat. The guy look like he could fall asleep on the wheel any minute.

“JunHyung.” MinSeul taps his shoulder. He looks over at her, “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Hmm.” He nods his head.

 

They pull into the parking lot and JunHyung puts on his glasses. MinSeul gives him a confused look. He looks back at her.

“Bwoh?”

“What is up with the glasses?” she point towards her eyes. He fixes his glasses.

“I didn’t put in my contacts today.”

“You didn’t have your contacts in and you were driving.” MinSeul said sternly, “Are you crazy?”

“No, I’m just not feeling like myself.” He grabs his backpack from his car and puts it over his shoulder, “Let’s go.”

MinSeul and JunHyung went to a room at the end of the hall and was greeted by a lady in her mid-40s.

“Annyeonghaesaeyo.” They greeted her with smiles.

“Anneyeong.” She smiles back, “You must be the students from CUBE High. I’m Mrs. Han the caretaker here.”

“I’m Park MinSeul and this is Yong JunHyung.” she introduce them, “We are here to volunteer, so we can finish up our hours of community service and complete our project for graduation. You have anything we can help you with?”

“Oh.” Mrs. Han nods, “Well, now that you mention it I have to run a couple of errands. So if you don’t mind watching over the shelter while I am out.”

“That is fine.” Said MinSeul

“So what are we doing?” ask JunHyung.

Mrs. Han took them to a room filled with kids from age 5 to 13, almost 20 kids total. They were running around the room, some were playing, other were drawing.

“Are all these orphans?” ask JunHyung

“Aniyo, most of them are kids are children of businessmen.” She sighs, “Only about 8 of them are orphans”

“How long do they usually stay?”

“The longest I got was about a week, but mostly two to three days.” she goes and talk to little kids. They all gather around her like she had some treats. “Arraso, ajumma is going out for a bit this big brother and sister are going to be taking care of you guys while I am out.”

“Ne.” they all reply. She walks to MinSeul and JunHyung.

“They are allowed to go anywhere; as long as they are on the property.” She grabs her bag and was about to leave, “One more thing,” she had her finger up. “My niece is supposed to drop by later, if she comes just tell her I went to buy some things. She just moved here a couple of days ago so please help her out.”

“Arraso.” MinSeul and JunHyung sends her off and walk back to the room. “Yeoleobun, annyeonghaseyo.” MinSeul said to the kids, “I am Park MinSeul and this is Yong JunHyung.”

“Hello!” they all shout back.

“What do you guys want to play?” MinSeul got down to their height. JunHyung stood up with his hands still in his pockets.

“How about hide and seek.” Suggested one of the kids.

“Yeah.” All the kids started to agree with his idea.

“Arraso, let’s go.” MinSeul stands up right and looks at JunHyung. “Did you want to play with us?”

“Ani…I’ll just stay here.” MinSeul sighs.

“If you insist.” She puts her bag down at the counter, “Watch the rest of the kids in here. Make sure they don’t go anywhere.” MinSeul leaves the room with most of the kids while JunHyung stayed with the rest of them.

JunHyung sits in a chair and leans back and closes his eyes.

 

MinSeul plays outside with the kids and runs around with them. A girl walks through the gate and stops at the gate.

“Umm excuse me.” Said the girl. MinSeul looks over and tell the little kids to go play on the playground. She walks over to the girl. MinSeul observes her, she look about the same age as MinSeul and she was pretty. She had her hair in braids and wore a t-shirt and shorts.

“How can I help you?” MinSeul was kind of out of breath.

“Umm.” The girls looks at a piece of paper in her hand, “I was wondering if I was at the right place?” she shows MinSeul the paper.

“Ne.” MinSeul looks at her, “You must be Mrs. Han’s niece.” She nods, “I’m Park MinSeul.”

“Hello.” The girls bows, “I’m Son NaEun.”

-----

YeonYeon and KiKwang were walking two, medium size, dog each in the park near the shelter. KiKwang walks ahead of her with two of the bigger dogs. YeonYeon was trying her best to keep up with the two smaller dog.

“KiKwang can you slow down a bit?” YeonYeon held on tight to the leash. The dogs were basically walking her. KiKwang continues to walk without a care in the world. “KiKwang.” He stops.

“Bwoh?” YeonYeon walks to his side; still struggling with the dogs in her hand.

“What is wrong with you today?” he looks off into the distant, “Are you mad?” his poker face broke into a million pieces.

“Why would I be mad?”

“You are, aren’t you?” she scoffs, “Ok…I’m sorry about me and JungHo. I didn’t expect things to go down the way it did.”

“What are you sorry about?” he chuckles, “There is nothing for you to be sorry about. I’m the one who should be sorry. I’m the one who changed everything. It was my fault in the first place that the accident happen.” KiKwang continues walking with the dogs. YeonYeon stood there looking at his back.

A squirrel runs across YeonYeon’s path. The two dog run after it; dragging YeonYeon on the ground. “Ahh.”  KiKwang turns around and see YeonYeon getting dragged. He drops his leash and run towards her.

“Yeonnie, let go of the leashes.” She lets go of the leashes. “Yeonnie!” he ran to her side and helped her up, “Are you okay?” she had scrapes on her hand and dirt on her pant and sleeves.

“We have to go and get the dogs.”

“Okay…but first we have to check you first.”

They went and sat at bench. KiKwang takes a look at YeonYeon’s injuries.

“I’m fine.” She whines, “C’mon we have to go and find the dogs.”

“We have to make sure you’re okay first.”

“I’m alright. We have to go and find all the dogs.” She raises her voice, “Why did you let you two dogs go?”

“Because I ran over to help you out.” He sighs, “I should at least didn’t a ‘Thank You’”

“Mianhae.”

WOOF WOOF

The dogs that YeonYeon were walking was right behind the one that Ki-Kwang had running towards them.

----

NaEun sits with MinSeul on the bench watching the kids, “So My aunt didn’t tell me that she had helpers here.”

“About that, my friend and I are just here to volunteer for our end of the year project. Nothing much.” MinSeul has her hand clasped in her lap. “So why did you decide to move to small place like this?”

“I’m looking for someone.” She smiles

“Who exactly?” MinSeul asked, “A family member, a friend?”

“Ani.” NaEun wipes her hand on her shorts, “I’m looking for…my boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend?” MinSeul thought about, “What is his name, maybe I can help look for him. I majority of the guys around here. It is a pretty small town.”

“Jjinja?” MinSeul nods and NaEun smiles, “His name is-.”

“NaEun.” Mrs.Han ran from the gate towards the girls and holds NaEun’s hands, “When did you get here?” They looked so happy to see each other.

“Umm…Mrs. Han did you need anything else?”

“Aniyo.” She smiles, “Gomawo, with you and your friend I wouldn’t be able to do any of the things I’ve done.” She pats MinSeul on the shoulder. I’ll go ahead and sign your paper.”

“Arraso.”

They gather the children and went back inside. MinSeul and Mrs. Han went back to the main office; while NaEun and the kids went to the playroom. She notice the room was full of just kids and no adults.

“Are you guys in here by yourself?”

“Andwe.” Said a little boy, “Hyung went to the bathroom but he said he’ll back.”

 

MinSeul and JunHyung walks towards his car.

“How was your nap?”

“Great.” They both got into the car, “Did Mrs. Han’s niece ever come?”

“Ne.” She puts her seat belt on, “She is real pretty.”

“Jinja?” He sighs, “Too bad I won’t get to see her.”

“You will.” He looks at her.

“Bwoh?”

“Mrs. Han says that she is attending the last couple of months with us.” They drive off, “The interesting part is the reason.”

“What?”

“She is looking for her boyfriend.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know.” MinSeul thought about it. She knew everyone around the small city and the only people who came to the city within the time she got there was, JunHyung and Doo-Joon. Everyone was either born there or moved a while back.

“It because of my ex-girlfriend. I caught her cheating behind my back. I broke up with her and then left.”

JunHyung notice she wasn’t saying anything.

“What is the matter?” He grabs her hand, making her jump.

“Aniya.” She removes her hand shyly.

“Want to go somewhere?”

“Where?” He just smiles and drives away.

-------

Doo-Joon looks and feels like crap. Yoesob goes and sits next to him.

“Hyung.” He places a hand on Doo-Joon’s shoulder, “ Gweanchah-a?”

“Ne.”

“You have seem like yourself these last couple days.”

“I’m just ready to leave school.”

“Hyung…I’m not that stupid.” Yeosob was offended, “We all know about you and JunHyung.” Yeosob sigh, “You guys both like MinSeul.”

“Yeah and?”

“Can’t you see that it is hurting you?” Yeosob went and sat in front of DooJoon, “What I’m trying to say is that if you like her than go after her.”

“I already messed up.” Doo-Joon sighs, “You remember when I told you about that one girl that I fell in love with.”

“Ne…that girl that you came-.” He stops and looks at Doo-Joon in surprise, “You mean that the girl you came to get back was…Park MinSeul.” YeoSob was so surprise, “You dated someone like her.”

“She wasn’t always like that. She was kind and beautiful. I’m the reason she is the way she is.”

“So are you going to let JunHyung taker her?”

“I gave up my chance. All I can be now is a friend.”

-------

JunHyung parks right in front of a convenience store. He exit and she follows him confused. She looks at him.

“Do you know where this is?” MinSeul sighs

“This is the road I take from school and home.” MinSeul looks at him, “Why did you bring me here?”

“This is where we first met?”

“Huh?” MinSeul was confused. JunHyung chuckles.

“This is the street where I first saw you.” He smiles but MinSeul was still confused, “It was before I started school. I just got back and decided to look around.”

JunHyung gets out of his car and walks into a convenience store. He buys some instant noodles and buns. He puts his wallet in his back pocket.  As he exit the store he sees MinSeul walking with her grandfather to the store with her arms around his.

“Jjinja…a girl that young is dating man that old.” He shook his head as he mutter under his breath, “What has this world come to?” He goes and unlocks his car door. A man comes up behind him and steals his wallet. He felt his pocket. “Yah!” he yells and got everyone’s attention. “He has my wallet.”

MinSeul grabs onto the man’s jacket and pushes him onto the ground. “You shouldn’t be taking things that don’t belong to you.”

The guy tries to counter but MinSeul’s reactions were quick. She easily knocks the guy out and gets the wallet. She hands JunHyung his wallet without even looking at him, nor letting him say thanks.

She goes ad grabs her grandfather’s arm. “Hal-abeoji kaja.” she opens the door and the both enter.

MinSeul sat across from him in disbelief. The waitress gives them their food and leaves. She watched at JunHyung drank and pour shots. He finally notice MinSeul’s facial expression.

“Bwoh?”

“Jjinja?” he was speechless, “Your first memory of me is me beating up some guy for you.” She sighs, “I don’t even remember it being you.”

“Gweachah-a, at least now you know.” He smiles but it quickly became a frown, “If you knew how to fight like that, why didn’t you do anything to those girls?”

“No matter how strong you are everyone has a weakness.”

 

JunHyung walks MinSeul to her door. When they got to the door it became awkward.

“Thanks for walking me to the door.” MinSeul smiles shyly. JunHyung runs his hand behind his neck.

“It is no biggy.” He smiles at her.

“Will…I guess I’ll go inside.” She opens the door.

“MinSeul.” She stops and looks at him. “Good night.” She smiles softly at him.

“Good night JunHyung.” She goes inside.

JunHyung had a huge smile on his face as he walked back to his house. He stops at his porch and looks at her house. He sighs happily.

“Tomorrow.” He smiles, “Tomorrow is going to be the big day.”


Sorry for the really late update. I know I know it has been awhile since I've updated. But I would like to thank everyone who has stayed and kept supporting me. Thank you and hope you guys enjoy.

♥PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, UPVOTE, AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.♥