Wish I was Blind

A Forgotten Silhouette

“Did she not come?” I ask him.

“Her halmeoni said that she had already left this morning.”

BEEP! BEEP!

A blue sport car that I have never seen before pulls up into the school parking lot. All the guys and I gather by the back of the bus, the students on the bus were looking through the window trying to figure out who was in the car. Just then I saw YeonYeon alight the car from the passenger side.

“Does she have a boyfriend?” Yoseob whispers to me. I shrug my shoulder. The driver’s door open and MinSeul pops out of it with her green military jacket and black sunglasses. They both went and got their stuff from the trunk.

“She has that kind of car?” I chuckle, “No wonder.”

The girls walked towards us and loaded their bags on the bus’ lower compartment. DongWoon and Yoseob volunteered to help YeonYeon, while MinSeul puts her away by herself.

“Nice car you have there.” Gi-Kwang commented, she ignores him and walked toward the door.

“Why didn’t you tell me you had a car?” She took off her sunglasses to look at me.

“Am I obliged to tell you things?”

“Why don’t you just drive to school, instead of walk?”

“My house is walking distance Mr. Yong.” She gets onto the bus and sits in the back away from everyone. YeonYeon goes and sit next to her. The rest of the guys got on, I was the last one. As soon as I got on I heard Hyorin.

“Oppa.” She had a huge smile on her face, as she wave towards me she shoved one of her friends off her seat, “Come sit next to me.” I guess she told the girl to go and find a different seat. I went and sat next to her. Doo-Joon sat down in front of MinSeul and YeonYeon. Hyorin’s friend, I think her name was Bora, went and sat down next to him.

“Hyorin,”

“Hmm?” she said as she cling onto my arm, “Does that friend of yours like Doo-Joon?”

“Yes.” She nods, “I believe she does. Ever since Doo-Joon transfer back she had a major crush on him. If they do get together though, we might have to fight for the ‘royal couple’ title.”

Doo-Joon Pov

An hour or so later we got to the campsite. I was so glad to get away from Bora. I don’t hate her or dislike her, I just dislike it when girls touch me as if I was their property. Bora left first to catch up to Hyorin and the others. YeonYeon pass by me, then MinSeul. I was last just to make sure everyone was out. Something fell out of MinSeul’s pocket. It was the charm I gave to her before we broke up.

“MinSeul-ssi.” She turns around and saw what I had in my hand. She quickly grabs it and walks out of the bus. As everyone gather outside the bus our chaperones, Mr. Kwon Jiyong and Ms. Baek JiYoung gave out our cabin numbers. The six of us were together as always.

MinSeul Pov

Ms. Baek JiYoung gave me and YeonYoen our numbers and we were together with some of our class members. But our neighbors were Hyorin and the girl. We all carried our stuff to the cabin. I guess the sport car I drove to school today got everyone’s attention; all the girls all of sudden became friendly towards me.

Our first activity of the day was to gather wood and start a fire. Whoever finish first get lunch first; I got teamed up with 2 girls, 2 guys, and HyunSeung. The two girls stayed at the place we chosen for our fire along with a guy who knew about fire. HyunSeung, the other guy and I went out into the woods as soon as the whistle was blown. I didn’t feel like staying behind and doing nothing.

I was grabbing a lot of leaves as the guys grabs the branches and twig off the ground. HyunSeung walked over to me.

“Let me help you.” He held onto the bag and help me pick up dry leaves

“You can keep helping him over there I got it.” I tug on the bag

“We are a team. We should be helping each other.” HyunSeung took the bag from me, “I’ll help you a little and then I’ll help him. Arraso?” he continues his work and ignored me. We finish the bonfire but not first. I didn’t care much because as long as I got my food I was happy.

I found Yeonnie and ate lunch with her; some underclassmen (that Yoseob invited) came and sat with us by the hill.

“MinSeul-ssi.” Ask one of the girls, I think her name was Ami.

“Ne?”

“Was that your car that you drove to the school?” I nod with my spoon in my mouth, “Daebak.” She looked surprise.

“Did you get that car yourself?” asked Karen

“Aniyo…it was a gift from my parents for my 16th birthday. I just never really used it.”

“Why now?”

“Ne, why now?” We all look to our left. JunHyung and Gi-Kwang stood there with their lunches. The two girls blushes.

“I don’t like to attract attention.” I smirk, “Also like I said my house is walking distance.” JunHyung sat right on the other of me and Gi-Kwang sat rigyht next to Yeonnie.

“Yah, MinSeul.” I look at Gi-Kwang, “Stop giving us the cold shoulder. We all know that your warm hearted.”

“What makes you think that?” Gi-Kwang look right at JunHyung. I look at him too.

“He told me about what happened.” I felt like hiding. Yeonnie was eyeing me like crazy.

“That was because he helped me…I was just paying him back.” Gi-Kwang lean in close with a huge smile.

“You know…JunHyung isn’t the type to just help anybody in trouble.” I nod.

“That is good to know.”

“Umm…” We all looked at Ami. “Can I get a picture with you?” she asked JunHyung. JunHyung took her phone and took a picture of them together.

“But he is still the one that looks like he’ll break heart.” I stood up, “See you at the next activity.”

“The next activity is a bonfire for everyone.”

“Arraso.” I look at Yeonnie, “Did you want me throw your trash away for you?”

“Ani. I -.” JunHyung grabs her tray. She looks at him.

“Let go and throw these away.” He had his and Yeonnie’s trays in his hands. Gi-Kwang put his arm around Yeonnie.

“I’ll keep her busy.” Yeonnie blush a little. I look at her and she gave me the ‘I’ll be okay’ look so I left, with JunHyung trailing behind me.

 

Author’s Pov

MinSeul walked toward the pier as everyone was staying away from the water, because it was getting cold. MinSeul could care less about the temperature, the water always reminded her that she is always herself, no matter what shape, size, or situation she is in, she’ll never change.

“MinSeul.” JunHyung walked towards her with his hands in his pockets. She looks at him, “I don’t think you know this but…I’ve never actually tired so hard to talk to someone before.” She smiles. “I know I said those words to Hyorin the other day about being my friend but…you are different”

“How am I different?”

“You don’t act like your pretty, nor do you try to catch my attention, and you don’t put yourself out there.”

“How do you know that I am different?” she walked closer to him, “How do you know I am not just faking it, so that I can get to you?”

“Because if that was your reason…you would have been my friend when I asked you the first time around.” He sighs and she backs off a little, “So let me ask you again…will you be my friend?” he had his right hand out. MinSeul look at it and kept her hands behind her back.

“I may be worthy to be your friend but you have to show me that I can trust you first…and that you can trust me also.”

“Arraso.”

“OPPA!” MinSeul look over his shoulder. “Oppa!” JunHyung turned around too and saw Hyorin and her girls jogging towards the pier. Right when she got to JunHyung she wrap her arm around his arm. “What are you doing here?” she looks at him and then at MinSeul. “Why is she here?”

“We were just talking.” JunHyung smiles down at her. MinSeul notice Hyorin glaring at her. “What did you need?”

“Oh Soyou was looking for Gi-Kwang. I ask the other oppas and they said that he was with you. So we came to look for you.” Hyorin looks around, “But Gi-Kwang isn’t here.”

“Yah! YeonYeon!” They heard Gi-Kwang but didn’t see him. MinSeul saw her walking towards her upset. “YeonYeon, wait up.” MinSeul walked pass the girls and JunHyung. “YeonYeon.” She ran behind MinSeul.

“Yeonnie are you okay?” She didn’t answer her but looks down. Gi-Kwang stood right next to MinSeul and YeonYeon.

“YeonYeon-ssi, gweanchah-a?”

“What did you do to her?” MinSeul glares at him

“I didn’t do anything.” He was flabbergasted.

“Then what happened?”

“Min-ah! Yeonnie!” MinSeul looks at towards where the voice was coming from and saw JungHo with EunHye at his side. YeonYeon walks away and MinSeul glares at him before following her friend.

“Yeonnie-ah!” she yells

Everyone was lost and confused. JunHyung and Gi-Kwang follows the two girls leaving the others by the lake. Yeonnie walked back towards the cabin, MinSeul caught up to her.

“Kim YeonYeon! Stop right there!” YeonYeon stop in her tracks. MinSeul walks in front of her and look at her friend who had tears coming down her cheeks. “What is the matter with you?” She looks at her friend who was basically broking down in front of her, “I thought we talked about this.” She squat down to her knees

“I can’t do this anymore.”

“Yeonnie-ah.”

“I feel like I am being rip apart. I can’t face him.” She looks MinSeul and laugh to hide the pain, “Otteke Min-ah.” MinSeul kneel in front of her friend and hugs her. “Otteke?”

“You’re going to be fine…I’ll help you get through this.” The tears gleam in MinSeul’s eyes also. The two guys walked slowly as they saw the two girls on the ground. MinSeul glares at Gi-Kwang and shook her head, he look dumbfounded.

YeonYeon fell asleep in the cabin and MinSeul left outside where the other two guys were still waiting. Before leaving the cabin she notice a note on her bunk.

I want to meet you by the lake after the bonfire.

-YDJ

MinSeul walked out of her cabin and saw the two guy by a tree picking off the bark of the tree. She stuff the note in her pocket. When they saw MinSeul they both walked towards her.

“How is she?” JunHyung asked

“She is a sleep.” MinSeul thin her lip and looks at Gi-Kwang. I sighs, “If you’ll excuse me I have to go and find somebody. I’ll see both of you at the bonfire.” With that she left the guys. She walked to the shower and pulled out the charm from earlier but the note slip out of her pocket. Bora walks out of the shower and saw the note.

 

 

 

 “Hyung!” JungHo look and saw Gi-Kwang walking over to him.

“Gi-Kwang.” He was relieve to see him, “How is she?”

“She is asleep.”

“Thank you for helping me out.”

“Hyung.” JungHo looks at Gi-Kwang, “are you really going to do this to Yeonnie?” JungHo sigh in frustration, “she loves you hyung. I am really sorry for back then but I loved her too.”

“It is too late for all that. All we can wish for is her to not regain her memories and everyone to move on.”

 “Are you stupid?” MinSeul followed Gi-Kwang a little while after he passed her by, “What are you thinking by doing this?” she was furious.

“MinSeul you know why I am doing this.” He had a guilty look on his face.

“I know why you are doing this…but don’t you think it is a little too much for her to handle all at one time.” MinSeul took a deep breath, “You told her that you weren’t coming and then you show up with EunHye here. I get it, it has been almost two years ago but that doesn’t mean you go and make the situation worse.”

“MinSeul, we all are going to have to get over it eventually.” JungHo notice the look in her eyes and if it could kill JungHo would have been dead.

 “MinSeul.” He lower his head as soon as he got there. “I’m sorry.”

“Did you know that JungHo was going to be here?” Gi-Kwang didn’t answer her. She took yes as an answer, “You and your cousin is the reason why she can’t remember anything and you guys both have the guts to do this to her.”

“MinSeul, it is for the best.” Gi-Kwang tries to make her understand

“I understand that there is a chance she might never get her memory of two years back but that doesn’t mean you make her forget her feelings about you in that way.” MinSeul balled her fist up, “You don’t know how much we girls hurt until it already too late. I’m warning you two.” MinSeul storms off.

 

 

 

Everyone gather for the bonfire, except YeonYeon. EunHye on the other hand was getting on long with the other girls pretty well. MinSeul went and sat by a log, along with the two underclassmen from earlier.

 “MinSeul-ssi can I sit next to you?” another girl asked MinSeul all she did was nod. Doo-Joon went and sat behind her and with Bora two of his guys.

HyunSeung stood up with a smile on plaster on his face as the girls all screamed and gasp at his sight. MinSeul’s mind was on how YeonYeon was doing.

“Okay” HyungSeung finally got everyone to quiet down, “Since everyone is finally quiet down, we can start our activity for the night.” He smile brightly, “Since this is an event to help us know each other better let’s start with an ice breaker… it is called two truth and one lie. The person must tell two truth and one lie and everyone has to guess the lie, they have to be things that majority of us don’t know about you.”

Everyone went around and told theirs, some didn’t want to do it so they were skipped. It got to MinSuel.

“Park MinSeul-ssi.” HyungSeung look at her.

“Umm…I’m an only child…I have never had a boyfriend before...and I am claustrophobic.”

“I think it is between the last two.”

 “It could be the claustrophobic though.” Everyone tried to figure it out. Hyorin stood up.

“Of course the only thing that can’t possibly be true is the claustrophobic.” Everyone look at her.

“I say the boyfriend.” Says Doo-Joon.

“Which one is it?” says HyunSeung

“Doo-Joon- ssi is correct.” She smiles. Everyone around her started to gasp and comment on the answer. Hyorin sat down in stupidity. JunHyung couldn’t believe it either. How did somebody date this girl that he could barely talk to? He wanted to meet him.

“Doo-Joon it is your turn.” Doo-Joon fixed played with his hands a bit before answering.

“I am currently living by myself…I used to live here…I came to chase,” MinSeul felt his eye staring into his book, “the girl of my dream.” All the girls ‘awe’ as he said it. MinSeul held onto the helm of her hoodie.

“It can’t be the last one or the second one.” Ami said in a faint voice.

“It has to be the first one.”

 “The last one.” MinSeul said bluntly and turns around to look at him, “You, a kingka, can’t possibly have come back to your hometown to chase a girl.” She smirk. Doo-Joon just looks at him.

“Hyung…we said two truth and one lie not three truth and no lie.”

“Minhae.” Doo-Joon laughs.

“Ok onto our next activity.” MinSeul stood up and went to the bathroom. “What is a camp out without scary stories?”

 

 

 

MinSeul Pov

After coming back from the bathroom and checking up on Yeonnie I went back to the camp but mostly everyone was gone. Then I remember about the note that Doo-Joon left behind. I hesitated but one time wouldn’t hurt.

The way from the bonfire area to the lake area was through a dirt road with trees all around it. I didn’t care much because I wasn’t scared off the dark nor did I care for the bugs that cried at night. As I got closer to the pier I heard talking.

“Bora, we shouldn’t be doing this.” A familiar male voice said

“Why not?” A voice I guess belong to Bora, “No one is here.” I didn’t want to bother them so I slowly tried to walk pass them but I notice the silhouette of the male figure.

JunHyung Pov

I went to MinSeul’s cabin and found out that she had not return there. So I went to the bonfire where most of the guys were there except Doo-Joon.

“Where did Doo-Joon go?” I asked

“He said he was going to watch the moon reflect on the lake.” DongWoon said as he made a s’more. I look up and finally realize the huge sliver moon.

“Have any of your guys seen MinSeul?”

“I think she went through the dirt road towards the lake.”  I walk down the dirt road, but soon I heard the sound of someone coming towards me. I walk a little closer and the sound also ot closer; pretty soon I ran into somebody. I looked at the person.

“MinSeul.” I was more surprise with the tears that gleam I her eyes as she looked at me, “Gweanchah-a?” She just hugs me tightly and cried. I didn’t ask another question and let her. I just gently pat her back.

Doo-Joon Pov

After the bonfire I headed towards the lake. It was beautiful, the slivery moon shining right onto the lake. I heard the cricket singing their songs.

Flashback

I jumped over my fence and threw pebbles at her window to catch her attention. She came to the window and smile as soon as she saw me. She came through the back door and gave me a hug. We went and sat down on the bench by the lake hand in hand.

“Min-ah.” She had her head on my shoulder, “I been meaning to ask you something?” She lifted her head and looked at me.

“Bwoh?”

“I know we haven’t officially made our relationship official.” She nods, “So I wanted to give you something.” He pulls out a charm, it was blue and had a sliver moon charm on the bottom.

“Daebak.” Doo-Joon puts it in her hand and holds it.

“You always asked me about how deeply I love you, and just how great my love is.” He smiles, “My feeling is real and my love is true. The moon represents my heart.”

“Gomawa.” MinSeul had a huge smile on her face and peck his cheek, “It is more than enough.”

End

CLICK!

I had a huge smile on my face, but when I turned it was only Bora. She had my note in her hand. She walked towards me and gave me a hug.

“I guess it a good thing you told me to come here, huh?” She backed away from me but she still had her arms around my neck.

“Bora, we shouldn’t be doing this.” I tried to take her arms off from around my neck but she kept it there.

“Why not?” She gave me a smile, “No one is here.” Before I could think of anything she kissed me on the lips. I push her away from me, then I heard a twig break. We both turn, but the person was gone already.

 

 

 

Preview

“I don’t know what or who made you cry but I want you to know that I will always be here to help you and lend you my shoulder.”

“I don’t want to be a burden for you!”

“Did you want me to die…is that what you want?”

 

“I just want to know why all the guys were hovering over here…I guess they were looking at a wallflower.”

 “If you are trying to get with my friend to get at me I suggest you stop.”

 

“If YeonYeon doesn’t make it, are you going to take responsibility?”