Out

A Forgotten Silhouette

            Everyone looked surprise and stared NaEun. NaEun on the other hand had a grin that could reach from ear to ear.

            “I’m going to marry…,” JunHyung looks at MinSeul, “Park MinSeul.

            “Bwoh?” NaEun looks at MinSeul. MinSeul looked flustered and confused. Everyone talked amongst themselves. “Oppa, what are you saying?” NaEun stood up quickly. JunHyung turns and looks at NaEun.

            “Did I say something wrong?” he gave her a cocky look,

            “You should be marrying me.” She said sternly, “I’m pregnant with your child.”

            “Huh.” He scoffs, “Whose baby is it actually? No, the question I should be asking is, what baby?”

            “B-bwoh?” she was stunned.

            “You should know they answer to that question yourself.” She was astonished “According to the doctors you had a miscarriage before you came here. Also I heard that your family is having some financial problem. Is that why you used the baby as an excuse?”

            “Ani.” She grabs his sleeve, “The baby was really yours.”

            “I actually got a DNA test done when I found out about your baby.” JunHyung smirks, “It isn’t mine, so,” he pulled her hands off of his sleeve, “You and I have no other connection.” He walks over to MinSeul. She took a deep breath as he got closer to her. “She is the one I love.” He looks at NaEun, “Min,” she looks up at him, “Can I have another chance?” MinSeul looked away to NaEun who was crying. MinSeul’s eyes wander around the table. JunHyung got onto his knee. “Jebal.” NaEun couldn’t stand it anymore and walked away.

            “Excuse me for a second.” MinSeul follows NaEun.

            “MinSeul.” YeonYeon and Hyuna follows her. DooJoon stood up and looked at JunHyung.

            “What do you think you are doing?”

            “I’m following my heart hyung, and my heart says that I have to be with MinSeul.”

            “Does she want to be with you?” he didn’t answer, “MinSeul doesn’t want to suffer with you anymore.” JunHyung walks closer to DooJoon

            “I know that MinSeul was pregnant,” his voice suddenly became stern, “and that you guys all kept it from me; even after my child passed away.” He clinched his fist. “The worst thing in this world is losing something as precious as life. For almost three month, those months that my child was living you didn’t dare to even let me know.” They’re conversation was interrupted by Hyuna’s voice.

            “Yah! Are you crazy?” Hyuna yells

 

            MinSeul chases after NaEun to porch where HyunSeung’s butlers were grilling. “NaEun wait up.” MinSeul runs and stops in front of her, “Let’s get everything straighten out first.”

            “This is your fault in the first place.” NaEun yells, “If you didn’t appear none of this would have happened.”

            “If she didn’t appear?” YeonYeon was upset, “You’re the one to blame…first you appear and then you take JunHyung away from MinSeul, with your fake pregnancy.”

            “Yah!”

            “What did I hit a spot?” NaEun walked towards her and raised her hand. MinSeul caught her hand and pushed it back at her, making her tumble back.

            “I don’t care if you hit me, but you aren’t allowed to hit my friends.” MinSeul pushes YeonYeon behind her.

            “Arraso.” NaEun looked around for something to grab. She sees a log sticking out from the grill and pulls it out. The stick was glowing, “I hope you can block this.” The girls’ eyes were full of fear, “Yah!” NaEun took a swing. MinSeul pushed YeonYeon towards Hyuna dodging the blow.

            “Yah! Are you crazy?” Hyuna yells. NaEun takes another swing

            “Get out of the way.” MinSeul grabs onto NaEun hands making her unable to swing, “Ppalli kaiyo.” Hyuna and YeonYeon runs back to the guys. MinSeul kicks NaEun in the stomach making her fall and dropping the log.

            “You are one crazy .” MinSeul kicked the log to the side as NaEun tried to recover from the kick. MinSeul turns and walks away but get tackled by NaEun.

            “I’m going to make you pay.”

            “Yah!” NaEun grabs and pulls MinSeul’s hair making her scream.

            “Why can’t you just disappear?” NaEun yells as she bang MinSeul’s head against the wooden floor. “I hate you.”

            “Yah!” DongWoon grabs NaEun and pulls her off of MinSeul. DooJoon grabs picks MinSeul off the floor. MinSeul places her hand on the back of her head from the pain.

            “Min Gweanchah-a?” DooJoon asked

            “I think so.” MinSeul pushes herself up and saw the blood on her hand.

            “Min…your hand.” MinSeul touches the back of her head with her other hand. She looks at it and sees more blood. DooJoon looks down and sees a nail that had popped up from the porch, with a little red on it.

            “Gweanchah-a.” MinSeul gets up, “Do you have first-aid kit around?”

            “Ne.” HyunSeung got one of the butlers to go get it.

            “I’ll go patch myself up.” Hyuna and YeonYeon follows her. DongWoon lets NaEun go. NaEun doesn’t even look up DooJoon or JunHyung.

            “NaEun,” she looks up at JunHyung, “What is wrong with you? First you lie to me and now you are trying to kill MinSeul.”

            “I-I”

            “Leave…I don’t want to see you again.” He took a step towards the sliding door

            “Junnie-oppa.” She grabs his arm.

            “I’m not your oppa anymore.” He jerk his arm away and walks inside and follows the girls.

            “Oppa.” She was left there with only DongWoon to comfort her.

 

            MinSeul wrapped the bandage around her head and cuts the rest of the roll off with a scissor. She washes her hand and exit the bathroom. Hyuna and YeonYeon was at the door waiting for her to come out. She was surprise to see them there.

            “What are you guy doing?”

            “We wanted to make sure that you were okay.”

            “I’m okay.” JunHyung ran to the bathroom and grabs MinSeul’s wrist, “What are you doing?”

            “Don’t say anything just come with me.” He drags her away from the girls.

            “Yah!”

           

            JunHyung drags MinSeul all the way out to a playground near HyunSeung’s house. He stops by the swings. She just stares at his back as he looked at the night sky.

            “How is your head?”/

            “Fine.”

            “MinSeul.” His voice was trembling, “why didn’t you let me know?” there was an awkward silence. MinSeul didn’t say anything except look at the ground. “You let NaEun take me away from you without even a fight.” He turns and looks at her letting her hand go, “After finding out about you and HaNeul...how did you think I felt?” MinSeul was surprise he knew her child’s name or that she was pregnant at all. “I never got the chance to talk to my child, do you know how much that hurts me.”

            “You hand no right to know the child.” MinSeul said sternly, “You were already in your own world. I wasn’t part of it neither was HaNeul. You left us and deny your feelings for me as soon as NaEun got here.” MinSeul clinched her fist, “That one slip up is how we all got into this stupid mess.”

            “Still HaNeul was my child.”

            “HaNeul was never yours, he was mine.” MinSeul took a deep breath, “HaNeul was mine to begin with. I carried him, felt him, seen him…and I loved him.” The tears slip her eyes, “You don’t even know how much it hurts for a mother to lose her child. I admit it, it is my fault that I lost the child and that I blame myself. It was also my fault for letting another man like you into my life just to get hurt again.”

            “MinSeul.” He took a step forward and she took one back.

            “I never regretted meeting you until I lost HaNeul.” She sighs, “When I first met you I thought maybe just maybe I found someone like me. Just to end up hurt again,” she chuckles, “I don’t blame you for anything that has happened…but my answer to your question is no.”

            “Min.”

            “I’m happy that you found out about NaEun, but I just can’t do it.” MinSeul wiped her tears.

            “Min, do you not love me?” JunHyung holds her wrist. MinSeul was speechless.

            “Feelings are feelings, but they go away eventually.” She removes his hand, “Tonight is supposed to be about us graduating not us. Kaja.”

            As the night passed away everyone except the three were awkward. NaEun was still outside with DongWoon watching her. MinSeul was outside with the girls as they told stories about each other. DooJoon notice the way JunHyung was acting and walks over to him.

            “Where did you go earlier?”

            “Park.”

            “Why?”          

            “To talk about us…I want to clear everything up about Naeun in the end to only get rejected. I felt pain inside and shocked at what happened, it felt as if I was going to die. Hyung is this how you felt?”

            “Somewhat…after you loved you her it is hard.” DooJoon sighs, “At first I thought maybe it is just because of what my father wanted that I dated her but after she left I went crazy. I wanted to be with her and see her. She had the most beautiful smile and eyes, I didn’t see any of that after I found her. It was just pure hate.” He looks at JunHyung, “You changed her in a way. You changed her to her old self and that was something I couldn’t do.”

            “Hyung, she doesn’t want me back.”

            “After what we both did, I’ll be surprise if she did.”

            “What should I do?”

            “Leave her be…after that tragic incident no one can get over it easily.”

 

-------  

            Everyone went to the ceremonial hall the next day in their caps and gown. Both of MinSeul’s parents were there and her grandparents also. She walks to where all the students were supposed to be. Everyone lined up according to their names. MinSeul stood in line next to a couple of different people. She can hear people from behind her talking about how they saw her parents walking in.

            MinSeul became annoyed at how everyone was praising them and commenting her mother’s work. MinSeul ignore the rest of their conversation and stood anticipating graduation. DooJoon walks to JunHyung and whispers in his ear. JunHyung became surprised and looked for something. He spies MinSeul in the front, he was going to go say something but the music for the walk was starting. MinSeul didn’t bother about anything else except for the fact that she was leaving after the graduation ceremony. She felt her heart beating.

            When the ceremony ended MinSeul said her last good bye to her friends. YeonYeon walks to her.

            “Let’s go celebrate.”

            “I can’t.” MinSeul said with a sad expression. She looks back at her parent’s guard waiting there for here, “My parents want to take me somewhere. You guys can go on your own, don’t wait up.”

            “Arraso.” She was about to leave.

            “Yeonnie-a.”

            “Ne.” MinSeul gives her a hug.

            “Gomawa.” YeonYeon laughs and MinSeul tears up, “For being my friend since I’ve been here.”

            “I’m glad I that I got to become your friend.” MinSeul lets YeonYeon go and goes and hug JungHo, “Thank you oppa for taking care of me and Yeonnie.”

            “I will always take care of you guys, especially Yeonnie.” MinSeul let go of the hug.

            “Promise me that you’ll keep her safe.”

            “Of course, you don’t have to even ask.” MinSeul smiles as JungHo wraps his arm around YeonYeon.

            “Okay I have to get going.” She smiles and walks away to the car with tears in her eyes not looking back. She enters the car where her parents were waiting. She took one last look at her classmates before the car drives off.

            JunHyung and DooJoon ran just in time to see the car drives off.

            “We’re too late.” Everyone else walks over to see what the problem was.

            “What is going on here?” YeonYeon asked

            “MinSeul is leaving.”

            “Bwoh?”

------

            MinSeul was in a whole different attire on. She had on a white blouse with military green jacket over it and a pair of blue denim jeans. She wore big black circular sunglasses to hide her red eyes. She drags her luggage with her to the luggage area. She checked in her bag and walks to the waiting area.

            All of her friend came running into the airport looking for her. Everyone spread out looking and calling her name. JunHyung ran towards the other side where he thought he spotted someone that look like her.

            “MinSeul.” The girl turns around and looks at him. “Mianhae.” The girl just walks away. JunHyung began looking around. What he didn’t know was that MinSeul was only about 50 feet away from him. She had her head in a book not paying attention to her surroundings.

            “ALL PASSANGERS HEADING TO CHINA PLEASE HEAD TO GATE B-13” the lady announce over the PA system.

            MinSeul got up and heads to the gate with her book in her hand and her purse over her shoulder. She walks towards the gate; she felt a sudden pull on her wrist. She looks at the owner’s hand.

            “You don’t think you can leave everyone just like that, do you?” She look at the owner.

            “JungHo?” she was surprise, “what are you doing here?”

            “You can’t just leave everyone like this.” JungHo held her arm, “Yeonnie needs an explanation and she wants a proper good-bye, not a one-sided one. We’ve all been friend for three years and here you are just leaving everyone with a single bye.”

            “JungHo, mianhae.” MinSeul removes his hand, “The reason I didn’t say goodbye is because I know that if I do I won’t be able to leave. I promise my parents that I would leave if they helped me with NaEun’s incident.”

            “You mean?”

            “I was the one that left information of NaEun’s family in JunHyung house.” MinSeul sighs, “My family also helped out with their financial problem so that NaEun wouldn’t have to lie anymore.”

            “MinSeul!” they heard Yeonnie yelling. MinSeul was hit with YeonYeon’s crushing hug and wet face full of tears. “Yah!” she hits MinSeul, “How are you going to leave me like this? I thought we were friends?”

            “Mianhae Yeonnie-a.” MinSeul smiles with tears gleaming in her eyes, “I didn’t know how to say good-bye to you and everyone.”

            “Why are you leaving? Why?”

            “I promise my parents that I would go back. Now I really have to go.”

            “Min.” she whines like a baby, “You can’t leave.”

            “I don’t want to but I have to.” MinSeul hold Yeonnie’s hand, “Gomawa for be a true friend to me.” She looks at JungHo, “Take care of her for me Oppa.” JungHo wraps an arm around Yeonnie’s shoulder and nods.

“ALL PASSANGERS HEADING TO CHINA PLEASE HEAD TO GATE B-13. YOUR FLIGHT WOULD BE LEAVING IN 10 MINUTES.”

            “I have to go.” MinSeul fixes the strap on her shoulder, “I’ll make sure to keep in contact.” She hugs them one last time, “Annyeong.” MinSeul walks away with her head down. JungHo pulls the crying YeonYeon in a hug.

            MinSeul walks towards the line that had form outside the gate. She took out her ticket from her purse and walk to the end of the line. As she slowly approach the counter many thoughts ran through her head. Would she ever be able to comeback even though her child was here? Would she truly be ever able to come back to a place filled with sad memories?

            “Miss, you ticket please.” She hands the attendant her ticket.

            “MinSeul.” She could barely hear her name, “Yah, Park MinSeul.” The attendant hands her ticket back to her.

            “Thank you.” MinSeul walks pass the attendant.

            “MinSeul-a.” she turns around, JunHyung stood on the other side of the gate being held back by security, “MinSeul you can’t leave me. We have to clear everything up before you go.” MinSeul took a step forward but stops and turns to enter the gate, “MinSeul, andwae.” His friends came and grabbed him from the security.

            “JunHyung stop this.” DooJoon had his arm wrapped around JunHyung armpit and neck, “She gone now.”

            “Andwae.” JunHyung struggles, “We haven’t cleared up our misunderstanding yet.”

            “JunHyung she isn’t coming back.” DooJoon told him, “The only thing you can do is leave her be.”

7 years later       

            A young woman walks into a flower shop and is greeted by the workers. She walks to the counter.

            “What can I do for you today?” ask the worker

            “I want to speak to the owner.” She tells the worker.

            “Is something the matter?”

            “Aniyo, I’m her friend and I heard that she just came back from China so I came to say hello.”

            “Arraso, just give me a moment please.” The worker goes to the back for a little while and then come back out. “Go ahead and take a seat, she’ll be right out.”  The young woman takes a seat a couple minute later the owner comes out.

            “EunJi-a.” she turns and gets up.

            “MinSeul.” They hug each other and sits in their chair. MinSeul hair was a lighter brown and she lost some weight. Her hair was down to her chest now.

            “What brings you here?” MinSeul asks. EunJi looked kind of nervous.

            “You remember when we were in collage and your parents made you go on a blind date with that one guy?”

            “You mean that one time when I had you replace me?”

            “Ne,” EunJi took a huge sigh, “Will this time I need you to replace me.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “My parents set up one for me too and I don’t want to go.” she pleaded with her big eyes, “Please MinSeul.”

            “Arraso.” MinSeul smiles, “When?”

            “Tomorrow night.”

            “Arraso, I might be late a little late.”

            “Oh, tomorrow is HaNeul’s memorial right?”

            “Ne.” she smiles, “Seven years already.”

            “Did you want me to go with you?”

            “Aniya, I’ll go by myself this year.”

-------

            After visiting HaNeul’s grave and visiting her grandparents she took the express bus back home. She lean back and closed her eyes.

            “Min-a,” she heard a voice, “Is that you?” she opens her eyes.

            “Yeonnie.” She was in disbelief, “JungHo oppa.”

            “Yah it has been so long.” They all hug each other, “Where are you headed?”

            “Home, where are you guys heading?”

            “To Gangnam.”

            “Daebak, that where I am going. Why are you guys going?” they smiled at each other and then looks at MinSeul. YeonYeon puts up her left hand and on the ring finger was a silver band with a huge stone on it, “Jjinja?”

            “Ne…oppa proposed to me and we were actually going to come find you to be my brides maid.”

            “When is the wedding?”

            “We haven’t picked a date yet, but since we found you we’ll let you know.” JungHo said, “What are you doing tonight?”

            “I…I have to go on a blind date for my friend. She doesn’t want to go so I am going in her place.”

            “Do you know who?”

            “Aniyo, but it doesn’t matter it not like I am going to date the guy for real.”


Sorry if the story seems rushed but I am ending this story very soon. Thanks to everyone who has been reading this story. I appreciate it very much and hope you continue supporting me and my stories. Please feel more than welcome to read the others story.