Lost

A Forgotten Silhouette

            MinSeul sat at a restaurant waiting for JunHyung. Her hand was wrapped around a small cup of tea. She look very distracted and nervous. Her eyes wander the restaurant.

            “Hey.” JunHyung sits down in front of her

            “Hey.” She said in a nervous voice. He examines her facial expression.

            “What is wrong?” he lower his head to look at her, “Are you okay?”

            “N-ne.” she smirks, “Just been a tiring day.” 

            “It only the afternoon and you’re tired.” She smirks at him, “Or is it because of the article they put out this morning.” MinSeul didn’t look at him, “MinSeul what happened?” MinSeul chuckles. “Why are you laughing?”

            “Regardless of what type of relationship I have with you,” she smirks, “why is it that I always get the bad end of it?”

            “Are you regretting it?” he was very curious, but he was hoping she didn’t give him the answer he didn’t want.

            “Ani.” She shook her head, “You’ve known me in high school, am I not brave enough?”

            “Of course you are…it just I’m worried.” she slid a piece of folded paper to him, “What is this?”

            “The code for my house.” He looks up at her, “If we want this to work we have to trust each other.”

            “MinSeul…” he was speechless and quickly puts the paper into his pocket, “You trust me?”

            “We’re going to be getting married in less than a year, it is best for us to start building our relationship now.” she takes a sip of her tea. They order their food and it comes out. After talking and having lunch they both leave, Minseul leaves a couple minutes after JunHyung get into the company van.

            When MinSeul gets into her car she sits down and takes a deep breath. Remembering what had happen at the shop before getting to work. After getting away she was pulled back in to the same situation.

            “Do I really do all this because of love?” she looks at her phone and scrolls down her contact list and taps on DooJoon’s number, “DooJoon Oppa~.” She looks concern, “Do you have a minute?”

            “Is something the matter?” She could hear his heavy breathing and the boys in the background.

            “I just met with JunHyung earlier…” she paused, “I don’t know how to keep doing this?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “So many people wants me dead right now…” she bites the side of her lip, “I was attack by some fan girls this morning. That isn’t what is bothering me, it our future that I am afraid of.”         

            “MinSeul-a, that is the life of an idol.” DooJoon was trying to figure out the right words, “Everyone sees only your mistakes and only criticize you on that nothing else. Now that you’re engage to an idol life isn’t going to be easy. Everyone is going to judge you and if they recognizes you on the street you can’t expect everyone not to speak behind your back.”

            “My life has never been easy since meeting you guys.” She chuckles as the tears filled up her eyes. “I always feel like I have a target on my back when I’m with you guys.”

            “Do you still love him?” she tried to calm herself down.

            “Ne.”  

            “Just bear with it and you’ll eventually learn that you’ll get out of it together.” DooJoon was trying, “JunHyung was really worried about that this morning also. If you don’t give up that means he doesn’t have to either. You’re his only one support if you fall he will fall with you.”

            “Oppa...I might just end up breaking.”

            “Min I know that you’re strong. Stay strong for him. If you need anything let me know okay?” the other side of the line went dead. “Min?”

 

            MinSeul hung up the phone and lean her head back against the chair. She remembers when she avoided everyone and hated he popular people and how she suffered. She left all that behind but she didn’t know if she was strong enough for it.  Her wall broke down many times and every time she builds, it gets weaker.

            She places her hand over her heart and remembers about HaNeul and promising her child that she would never give up. “Fighting MinSeul.” She took a deep breath, “Fighting.” she turns over the engine of the car and drives away.

            As soon as MinSeul got out her car she hears a girl yell. “NOW!” MinSeul didn’t know what was going on until she got hit with an egg right next to her eye. The raw eggs splatter all on her car and the ones that hit her some broke some didn’t. She stood there with her eyes closed.  The egg yolk dripped from her hair and her clothes. Her face was sticky with the dried yolk.

            “Are you guys happy now?” she spoke sternly. She lift up her head and looks at all the fans that stood in front of her, “Are you guys happy with that you guys got to vent your anger on me? An anger that is so worthless.” She clinches her fist, “Every idol is human, and every human has needs and wants. You can’t expect them not to want to start their own life. You will start yours eventually, heck… some of you probably have kids and married already. So leave them alone and stop trying to ruin theirs for them.”

            “We don’t want him to be with you.”

            “Am I any different from you?” MinSeul turns and looks at the girl, “Are you any different from me?” she begins to move, “Besides age, look, and interest our needs are the same.” The girl back down. MinSeul didn’t care anymore, “We want to be rich, we want to be famous and we want to find love…we don’t want people to choose our way for us. You think that these idols are going to be here forever?” MinSeul shook her head, “Nothing lasts forever. So I suggest you stop criticizing people’s lives and get on with yours. Time doesn’t stop for anyone.”

            “Just because you’re his fiancée doesn’t make you special.” A high school girl picked up a stone, “Leave Junnie oppa alone!” She threw the stone towards MinSeul hitting the side of her face.

            “STOP!”

----------

            JunHyung told his driver to drive around the building and follow MinSeul’s car. When they drove around MinSeul hadn’t even got into her car yet. MinSeul got into her car and sat in her car. JunHyung watched closely as she picks up her phone and talks to someone. He saw her expression changes and didn’t know what to do. After a while she finally hangs up but she goes nowhere.

            “JunHyung, your manager told me to take you back.” The driver told him

            “No, keep following her.”

            “I have to go and pick up the rest of B2ST.”

            “Fine.” He opens up the car door and walk out, “Go and pick them up, I’ll take a taxi back.” He get out while trying to avoid MinSeul.

            “JunHyung.” the driver tries to stop him

            “Just go.” he slides the door shut. He waves for a taxi that comes right behind the van. When he gets in, he notice that MinSeul’s car was already gone.

            “Where to sir?” the driver asked

            “HaNeul Floral.”

            When he got close to the place he hands the driver money and just rush out. He ran towards her shop. He only saw many girls surrounding the place and walks over. He was surprise at the amount of egg that was on her car and her.

            “We don’t want him to be with you.” A random girl that stood out amongst the rest.

            “Am I any different from you?” MinSeul turns and looks at the girl. Her hair stuck onto her face, “Are you any different from me?” she begins to move, “Besides age, look, and interest our needs are the same.” The girl back down. MinSeul didn’t care anymore. JunHyung himself didn’t even know what to do but stare. “We want to be rich, we want to be famous and we want to find love…we don’t want people to choose our way for us. You think that these idols are going to be here forever?” MinSeul shook her head, “Nothing lasts forever. So I suggest you stop criticizing people’s lives and get on with yours. Time doesn’t stop for anyone.”

            “Just because you’re his fiancée doesn’t make you special.” A high school girl picked up a stone, “Leave Junnie oppa alone!” She threw the stone towards MinSeul hitting the side of her face. JunHyung quickly ran before any of the other girls started to throw the rocks.

            “STOP!” All the girls back down and he walks up to MinSeul. She didn’t even dare look at him. He saw the red mark on her cheek and her face. He was so angry. He turns and looks at all the fans, “Why can’t you leave us alone?” he yells, “I love her and I hope that you guys will accept that and leave us alone.” He grabs her hand and they walk to her shop.

            MinSeul stops right next to the door; JunHyung turns and sees that her head is down. He lift up her chin. Her eyes were filled with tears.

            “I’m sorry.” MinSeul removes his hands from her chin.

            “Min if you aren’t okay, just let me know.” She removes his hand from her wrist, “Min…”

            “JunHyung I really appreciate what you did for me out there, but let me think for a second.” JunHyung watches her disappear into the back of the shop. Her worker stood and watch as JunHyung becomes worried. She walks up to him.

            “JunHyung-ssi.” She spoke, “Don’t mind her too much. She gone through a lot.” JunHyung looks up at her and smiles.

            “I know.” He bite the side of his lip, “It just…I’m really worry for her.”

            “We all are, but it is going to take some time.” JunHyung heard the water running in the back and gets up suddenly. Her worker stop him, “Don’t worry she is just washing up.” He looks at her confuse.

            “Washing up?”

            “Ne… she has a small shower and small room in the back.”

            “Why would she have all that?”

            “Umm…” the worker becomes scared of getting in trouble.

            “What is it?”

            “MinSeul lived in her shop for two years.”

            “Bwoh?”

            “It is just what she told me.” The worker took a deep breath, “She broke off from her parents and opened the shop when they wanted her to inherit the business. When she opened it she was in debt. She didn’t have enough money to live in her own house or apartment so she lived here. She at ramen, and sometimes it her only meal was a bun. When I offered her some of my food she refused. Her parents didn’t even bother helping her. I remember seeing her always arguing with one of her parent’s guard that came here to send her messages.” she leans up against the counter, “ She lived here, cook and clean, She was determine to prove to her family that she could help herself. Even after finding her own place she still have some clothes and a bed back there.”

            “How did you get paid?”

            “I didn’t when I first started; she was my teacher…my family was the one providing the flowers. We offer delivery but she would refuse it. She’ll come pick it up herself from our place and always pay in advance. One day she didn’t appear, so my father told me to deliver it myself. He says that he knew she was a hard worker and probably forgot.” She sighs, “When I got to the shop it was quiet and I went to the back to place the flowers there. Her flowers she assorted were beautiful almost exotic looking. Her calendar were filled with orders just as you see her, “she points at a bored, “But…” The memories flashes through her mind, “When I looked around the shop I saw her lying in the backroom pale as a ghost and hardly breathing. I went to the closest pharmacy and bought some medicine for her. I called my father and helped her out the whole day and making assortments myself. The next day she asked me if I would have liked to work with her and I have been under her care ever since.”

            “How long have you been working for her?”

            “Half a year or so.”

            “That means you know about her.”

            “She doesn’t talk much but she tells me things.”

            “Have she ever said anything about me?”

            “Not until recently when you guys started coming here.” She pouts, “But I know her enough to say that she has been hurt a lot.” She pats his shoulder, “I know you’re an idol and that you two have history, but I won’t sit here and watch her destroy her life for you after fighting so hard to build it.”

            “You know I never got your name?”

            “Lee Moon.” She smiles, “Friends call me Luna though.”

            “Well…Luna.” He stood up, “Thank you for that small talk.” MinSeul walks out from the back with her freshly wash hair and her second pair of clothes she changed into that day.

            “What are you two talking about?”

            “You.” JunHyung had his hands in his pocket as he walked towards her, “Are you okay?” he rubs her arms.

            “I’m fine.” She gave him a smile, “Thanks for today. You should get back to work.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yeah.” She nods and pecks his cheek. He was so shocked he didn’t even respond “Palli kaiyo.” She smiles at him and pushes him out towards the door. He stops and turns to look at her, “What?” he smirks and kisses her forehead.

            “If you need anything don’t be afraid to call me.” He smiles and leaves.

--------

            The boys were in the dance room practicing. JunHyung jumps in late and joins them. The choreographer stops and looks at him. Everyone stops as he walks towards JunHyung.

            “Can you explain to me why you’re late?”

            “Umm…I had to…”

            “C’mon spit it out.”

            “I had to help my fiancée.” He looks that choreographer in the eyes, “Am I in the wrong to want to help her out.”

            “Ani…just don’t let it happen again.” He backs off, “Alright from the top.” He presses the play button and everyone started to dance again. The guys couldn’t help but be curious about what happened. DooJoon looks over his shoulder to JunHyung.

 

            JunHyung sat down and took a huge breath. The guys gather around him like a how a group of guys wound gather around a pretty girl in class. He looked scared and moves his head away from them.

            “What?” Yeosob sat down right next to him.

            “What happened to MinSeul?”

            “Angry fans.” They all look worried, because they knew that fans were crazy especially the saesang fans. Those actually would attack celebrities and anyone they dislike.

            “Is she okay?” asked HyunSeung

            “I don’t know,” he buried his face in his palm, “When I helped her she looked so lost and then all of a sudden she was smiling at me and trying to kick me out of her shop.”

            “She just doesn’t know what to do?”

            “Yeah,” said DooJoon, “She needs time to coop with things. Talk to her and figure things out.”

            “I wanted to protect her. I don’t want her to suffer because of me again. Because of my status.”

-------

            Moon was closing for the night. MinSeul sat in the back cleaning up all the steems, leaves and flower pedal off her work space. Moon walks into the back to say goodbye but MinSeul look distracted.

            “Umm.” Moon stood by the door. MinSeul looks at Moon and gets up.

            “Sorry I didn’t notice you standing there.” She wipes her hands on her apron, “Did you need something?”

            “Ani…I just wanted to say bye before I leave for the night.” Moon looked nervous.

            “If you finished closing then go ahead.” MinSeul smiles at her

            “Umm…are you going to be here tomorrow?”

            “Why wouldn’t I be here?”

            “You usually go and visit Haneul and your grandparents around this time of the month.”

            “Aniyo.” MinSeul sighs and sit back down, “Not with this many people on my back right now.” in her mind flashes memories of JunHyung, “He’ll be destroyed if anyone was to find out about our past.”

            “You really do love him.” MinSeul doesn’t reply and continues with her work, “JunHyung-ssi really does care for you also.” MinSeul doesn’t answer, “Are you scared of something?” MinSeul stops cleaning.

            “Everyone is scared of something.” MinSeul looks down at the table, “Once the world finds out what that is they’ll use it against you. I have so many that it can destroy me. Visiting Haneul will only destroy JunHyung.”

            “Unnie.”

            “Moon…just go ahead and leave for the night.” Moon takes one last look at her and leaves her. MinSeul let a tear slip her eye. She closes her eyes and lean her head back on to her chair. Her heart felt heavy and it felt hard to breath. She gets up and walks to her little room in that back and pulls out a small box. She opens it up and looks at the contents in it. There was a pair of booties and a small beanie. She caresses it gently with her fingers.

            “HaNeul-a, umma doesn’t know what to do.”

------------

            B2ST and some other CUBE members were going to camping before the huge tour. MinSeul was invited but she refused to go. After being asked by DongWoon and Yeosob she finally gave into them.

            All the members were waiting in the bus, ready to leave. JunHyung and the guys were waiting outside for MinSeul to arrive. JunHyung seemed anxious.

            “Hyung.” DongWoon held onto JunHyung’s shoulder, “She’ll be here.”

            “Are you guys sure she said she’ll come?”

            “Yes.”

BEEP BEEP

            The bus driver looks at them.

            “Five more minutes.” YeoSob pleaded

            “I’m sorry guys,” The bus driver said, “we’ve waited for more than fifteen minutes. We have to get going.” The guys looked at his disappointed face.

            “C’mon.” DooJoon nudges him, “We can’t let everyone wait.” He gets onto the bus. JunHyung looks back hoping to see MinSeul. He slowly gets on the bus disappointed.

            JunHyung stared out the window not knowing what to do. He had his whole week planned out and MinSeul didn’t even show up. He texted her and she didn’t even reply back. She has been avoiding him since the incident.   

           

            When they arrived JunHyung was the last to get off the bus. His buddies had to drag him to their cabin.

            “Let go play some ball.” HyunSeung looks at JunHyung, “Hyuna said that the rest of 4Minute is going to be there.”

            “If I want to come I’ll come.” JunHyung sighs, “Leave me alone.” The guys took one look at each other and walk out. JunHyung hated himself but he couldn’t do anything about it. “I just want to be happy together with you.”

            During the whole day JunHyung walked around like a zombie not knowing what to do. He sat down and watch as everyone was playing and talking. Every time he saw a couple together he envied them. How he wished he was holding her hand being able to protect her from the stupid media and fans.

------

            MinSeul was in a daze as she looked out her window. Her bags were packed and was next to her bed. She held tight onto her phone and saw the text messages that was sent to her phone. Moon came and stood next to her.

            “Are you not going to answer his text?” Moon sat down next to her and look at her bag that was packed next to her, “MinSeul-a I thought you agreed to go on this trip with them.”

            “I did.”

            “Then why didn’t you go.”

            “I don’t know…I got scared.”

            “MinSeul, even the rest of the guys came to beg you.” Moon sounded a little annoyed, “If even one of them came to ask me I would have went.”

            “Moon, when you live in the shadow of someone popular it like living in constant danger. Not knowing when you’ll get attack or when something bad is going to happen to you. Always on the run.”

            “What are actually scared of?” MinSeul thought about it for a second.

            “Falling in love and losing him again.” She sighs, “I don’t think I can go through that again.”