Dim Light

A Forgotten Silhouette

MinSeul POV

I woke up with a fresh start and said hello to my grandparents. I made breakfast and got ready for school. On the way there I meet my friend, Kim YeonYeon, or Yeonnie, and her childhood buddy, Lee JungHo. We all meet when I moved her with my grandparents. I like it here, it is much quieter.  Last year of high school and I was excited and happy, but sad that I might have to leave my friends when I return to the city.

“Min- ah.” Yeonnie called my name as we walked to school. “Can you believe we are almost done with school?” she sighs, “Only half of the year left.” she looked kind of sad.

YeonYeon is a sweet and cheerful child. She never likes looking at the negative, only at the positive. What I like about her is probably the fact that she never judge anybody. She would be the first to say hello and the last to say good-bye. We became friends when I first moved with my grandparents. According to hal-abeoji, her grandpa and he were best friends.

“Ne…and we’ll be off to college.” I said with a cheerful voice.

“Yah,” JungHo put his arm around me, “We all aren’t going to be in the same college now are we?”

Lee JungHo, the guy in the group, he got everything. He handsome, funny, and nice. The only thing that people can find mean about him is the fact that he reject almost every girl that confessed to him. He was known as one of the Kingka at the school. He kind of lost that position after…B2ST came along. I think he seems happier without it, but he stills get a girl now and then. Oh and Yeonnie has the biggest crush on him.

“Lets’ not think about that.” I took his hand off of my shoulder, “Lets’ think about how we are going to make this last year a blast.” We all smiled as we walked towards the gates.

As we got to the gate, three sport cars past us into the gate. Even I could have guessed who it was. All the girls started to crowd the car as the boys got out. B2ST, consisted of five member, Yoon Doo-Joon, the leader, Lee Gi-Kwang, the dancer, Jang HyunSeung, the pretty boy, Son DongWoon, the maknae, and Yang Yoseob, the cutie. They were known as the rich family around the area, not that I cared.

The three of us pass by the crowd and walk towards the entrance of the school. Some of the fan girls rush pass us pushing Yeonnie down the step. She fell on her but onto the bottom step.

“Yeonnie.” I walked towards her. She pats the dirt off her hand. She sees a hand in front of her.

“Gweancha-ah?” She looks up and sees Doo-Joon. She grabs his hand and he helps her up. All the girls around gasps.

“Thank you.” Yeonnie says shyly and walks away. I made eye contact with him before heading to class.

“Yeonnie, are you alright?” JungHo asked

“Ne.” she looks at her hand. “I fell, that is all.” JungHo take a look at her hands.

“Be careful next time.” Yeonnie just smiles and nods.

“Ppalli, we have to head to class.” I said and rush to the class room.

 

All three of us sat in our seat, JungHo and Yeonnie sat together towards the front of the room. I on the other hand sat by the window all by myself. Yeonnie and I don’t have many friends due to the fact that JungHo was our friends. People were either too intimidated or just didn’t bother.

The teacher came in with her attendance book and everyone settle down. “Today we have a new exchange student.” All the student began to wonder if it was a boy or girl. As soon as the student walked in all the girl gasped. A boy, with light brown hair, fair skin, and plump lips walks in with his backpack slung over his shoulder. A typical bad boy image. “He is our new student.”

“Annyeonghaeseoyo.” He had an expressionless face, “My name is Yong JunHyung.” He put his hands in his pocket, “Please take care of me.” He reluctantly bow.

“Ok JunHyung-ssi.” The teacher was looking for a seat, “You can go and sit with Park MinSeul.” All the girl sounded sad as my name was called. JunHyung walks over and hangs his bag on the chair and leans back in his chair.

When it was break time my desk was surrounded by girls. I turned and look at the guy beside me and scoffs as his smirk. I grabbed my book and walked over to Yeonnie and JungHo.

“Look like we have a new Kingka in our school.” JungHo commented. I lean against Yeonnie’s part of the desk and kept reading my book.

“You were once one too you know.” I said. JungHo could help but chuckle.

“Oh look now.” I look up from my book, “The queenka just walked in.”

Hyorin the queen of the queenka and her three minions Bora, Soyou and Dasom. These girls are basically just known by their looks. Their attitude and temper were off the chart. I didn’t really ever associate myself with them because I hate fake people like them who think they were all high and mighty.

Hyorin walks towards the crowd of girls. She stop half way and notion for the girls to make way for her. Dasom and Soyou went and push some of the girls away. Hyorin walked towards JunHyung and sat on his desk, our desk actually.

“So,” she smiles, “I heard you are the new transfer student here.” JunHyung check Hyorin from head to toe and smirks.

“Ne…and what is it to you?” Hyorin stood up and leans closer towards him, pushing her out for other to see.

“Let’s be friends.” JunHyung stood up.

“I only make friends with people I want to make it with.” Hyorin was a taken back, “You happen to fall into that category.” JunHyung walks out of the classroom, with girls trailing him. Hyorin and her minions all smile as if they had a plan.

I walk back to my desk with my nose still inside my book and bumped into one of them.

“Yah!” I look up

“Mianhae.” I sat down in my chair. They looked offended, as if I committed a bigger crime.

“How dare you bump into me!” shouted Hyorin. I ignored her.

“Yah!” Bora slam her hand down on my desk, “Hyorin is talking to you.” I put my book down on my desk.

“Does it look like I care?” I tried to keep calm, “I said sorry…if that wasn’t enough then too bad. Maybe you should stop daydreaming and get on with your life.”

“What is your name?” said Hyorin

“That is for me to know and you to find out.” I pick up my book and began to read it again. The girls stormed out after Hyorin. Yeonnie walks over to my desk.

“Min-ah, that wasn’t a good thing you just did.” She sounded worried.

“I said sorry.” I look at Yeonnie, “Just because she is the Queen of the queenka don’t mean I’ll bow down to her.”

 

 

 

JunHyung Pov

After that girls Hyorin talked to me I went and found the guys on the roof. All five of them with girls on their tail.

“JunHyung.” Doo-Joon walked over with a huge smile and gave me a hand shake, “How have you been?”

“You know.” I sigh, “Same old, same old… seem like you guys have gotten popular since I left.” Doo-Joon chuckles

“We’re about to be famous with your arrival my friend.” We walk towards the other guys and said hi and exchange hugs. “So were you approach by anyone when you got here?”

“Tons.” I chuckle, “I thought I was going to suffocate.”

“See anyone you like.”

“Ani…but there was this one group.” I couldn’t put the name on it, “The leader, she had a high hoarse voice and she had three girls following her.”

“Hyorin.” Yoseob says, “Queen of the queenkas. If I were you just go for it.”

“Waeyo?”

“She is beautiful and she got that curve going.” He made the ‘S’ lie with his hands, I shook my head, “Unless there is someone else.” Then I remember the girl sitting at my desk. She totally ignored me.

“Aniyo, there is no one else.”

 

 

 

MinSeul Pov

I walked into the classroom after meeting up with B2ST. She was still sitting there with her nose in a book. I went and sat next to her and peek at the title of the book. She seem immersed into the story.

“JunHyung ssi.” I look to my other side and I was once again surrounded by girls, “Can I have your signature on my note book.”

“Sure.” I heard the girl next to me sigh in annoyance.

 

 

 

I was so glad it was the end of the school day. I was able to get away from that JunHyung and his fan girls. The three of us were about to leave when we were stop by Hyorin and her minion. I curse in my mind a thousand time. I just wanted to get home.

“Going somewhere Park MinSeul?” Hyorin smiles

“What do you want?”

“I want you to apologize for what happened earlier.” I sigh

“I already did.”

“On your knees.” I dropped my bag.

“You want to know something….I don’t really ever want to cause trouble in school but you are really getting on my nerves.” I crossed my arm over my chest, “Now why in the world would you think that I would get on my knee and apologize to you.” People started to gather

“If you don’t, you’ll regret it.” I could feel Yeonnie tugging on my sleeve.

“I’ll take that instead.” I grab my bags from the floor.

SLAP!

I felt the stinging pain on the left side of my cheek. I heard people laughing and gasping from all around. Hyorin and her minion all chuckle and laugh in front of me. She was had a huge smile.

“I guess that you’re going to regret ever talking back to me.” I felt JungHo and Yeonnie dragging me away. I also felt a familiar pair of eyes staring at me. When we were far enough from the school Yeonnie finally spoke to me.

“Min-ah, are you okay?”

“Gweawncha-ah?” JungHo looked worried. I looked up at the two and nod.

“I’m fine.” They both nodded, “I’ll see ya tomorrow.” I took a detour home to the park.

Flashback

“I’ll take that instead.” I grab my bags from the floor.

SLAP!

“I guess that you’re going to regret to ever talking back to me.” From above I could see the Kingka gather up top, with him looking at me. I saw the regretful look in his eyes and he anger that had risen in him.

End

I sat at the swing and thought to myself.

“Why do I still even care about you? We were done back then and yet you are still here.” I sigh. “Are you there to laugh at me?”

 

 

 

Doo-Joon Pov

I saw people gather down below. I looked over the railing and she was there arguing with Hyorin about something. Before I knew it she got slapped by Hyorin. I felt the anger rise in me but I couldn’t do anything about it. Yeon Yeon dragged her away but before she got far she looked up at me.

“Why are you feeling like this Doo-Joon?” I balled my fist up, “She doesn’t care for you anymore.”

“Hyung.” I broke out of my trance, “What is wrong?” asked Yoseob

“Nothing.”

Flash

“Oppa!”MinSeul sat down next to him with a sadden expression, “I have something to ask you?”

“Bwoh?”

“Did you cheat on me?” I saw her bit her lip. There was no word that came out of my mouth, “Oppa~.”

“Mianhae.” I closed my eyes, “I love her MinSeul…I can’t say the same for you.”

“You know she is using you right.” She raised her voice. I stood up in anger because I knew she wasn’t like that.

“No she is not Min.” I look at her sadden face, “She loves me for me…not for my riches, wealth, or name.” I comb my hair back with my hand. I saw the tears escaping from her eyes, “I know you’re mad because I did this behind your back but that doesn’t mean that you go spouting lies about her.”

“Arraso.” She stood up and face me, “I am the bad one. The one you don’t love.” The tear continued to flow, “We’ll end it here. I already knew from the start. I just wanted to hear it from you. I won’t ever say I told you so.” She looked lost, “Good- bye.”

 

 

 

MinSeul Pov

I walked to school without the others the next day. I wanted some time to think. I was entering the building and bump into something hard but soft. I look up and saw JunHyung and around his arm was Hyorin.

“Mianhae.” I bow and walked off

“Watch where you are going next time?” I ignored her and continued towards my class.

“MinSeul.” I stopped at the familiar voice. I turn and look at Doo-Joon, “Are you okay?” I ignored him and continued walking.

 

 

 

JunHyung Pov

Hyorin had found me with the guys the next morning and insist on taking me on a tour around the school. I couldn’t help but go with her, the guys came with also.

“This is the ‘A’ classrooms, the teacher down here are less strict.” I felt some one bump into my chest.

“Mianhae.” She looks up at me and I notice it was my desk partner, something was bothering her. I could tell Hyorin was annoyed.

 “Watch where you are going next time?” She totally ignored Hyorin and walk pass us. Just when we were going to continue I heard Doo-Joon speak.

“MinSeul.” She pause and look back, “Are you okay?” Why was he so worried? All she did was bump into me. She ignored him too and continued walking.

“Rude.” Comment Bora.

“Hyorin.” She looks at me, “Who is that?”

“I don’t really know. I just recently meet her too. But the student here say that she is from the city. She is living here with her grandparents until she graduates.” Hyorin sighs, “Some people says that she is a tree hugger but I can’t really say.”

When I got to class MinSeul already had her materials out and ready. I sat next to her, I felt like I was totally ignored by her. I opened up my book and saw a note inside of it. I open it up and saw a piece of paper that I didn’t put in the book.

Yong JunHyung ssi

I know I’ve only meet you for a day but I feel like I have fallen heads over heels for you already. If you don’t mind I want to become more than friends with you. Let me know by the end of the day. I’ll be waiting by the gates.

Your Secret Admirer

I was totally confuse by the piece of paper. Love letters were so middle school. I couldn’t believe they still did it here.

 

 

 

MinSeul POV

Yeonnie and I had lunch outside with the breeze and warm air. It was relaxing.

“Min-ah?”

“Hmm.”

“You remember the reason you told me you moved here for.” I nod, “Was it really because of him?” I looked at her. “Yoon Doo-Joon.”

“Why do you want to know?”

“I was curious…he got here fast, didn’t you think so.” I took a huge sigh and put my food away.

“Maybe next time Yeonnie.” As if things couldn’t get worse.

“Park MinSeul.” I turn and saw them walking towards me.

“Kaja.” We both grabbed our food and was about to leave.

“Stop right there.” Hyorin looked at me, “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Hyorin I don’t have time for you right, so I suggest you leave me alone.” She scoffs

“Why should I?” she looks at me from head to toe, “After you disrespected my Doo-Joon oppa like that; you think you can get away with it.”

“I don’t have time for your bull crap.” I tried to walk away but got my hair pulled by her.

“MinSeul.” Yeonnie was about to come help me but she was held back Dasom and SoYou.

“I’ll show you want happens to people who thinks they can just step on me.” Bora took Yeonnie’s lunch and tries to rub it all in my face.

“Andwe!” I heard her yelling, “Stop it! Stop it!” Hyorin got annoyed with Yeonnie and had Dasom and SoYou deal with her. I heard her yelp in pain. From the corner of my eyes I saw her on the floor. I was able to punch Bora before she could stuff more food in my face. I grabbed my water that was still on the table and gave Hyorin a water slap making her stumble. I ran towards Dasom and Soyou, I grab their heads and bump it together.

“Gweancha-ah?” I kneel right next to Yeonnie.

“Min behind you.” Dasom and SoYou grabbed my hair and pulled me back. Yeonnie ran off. The girls pushed me around a bit before I fell onto the cement scrapping my knee. The two girls held me again and Hyorin walked up to me.

“Seems like your little friend is letting you fight this alone.”

“We’ll see who is alone.” I earned another slap from her before I heard footsteps running towards me. Yeonnie and JungHo followed by B2ST appear.

“What are you guys doing?”

“Nothing.” The girl let me go. I could see Doo-Joon’s eyes glaring at me.

 “I’ll be taking my leave.” I walked pass them. Yeonnie and JungHo followed me.

 

 

 

JunHyung Pov

MinSeul’s friend came running into the classroom. Her cheek was bright red as she search the room with her eyes. She looked scared and agitated.

“JungHo oppa.” She ran to him.

“What happened to you?” he looked bewilder

“No time to explain, MinSeul is being beaten up by the other girls.” He got up fast. From the corner of my eyes I saw Doo-Joon stand up and followed them. We all did actually. When we got there the four girls had MinSeul. Hyorin and the girl let her go, but what I found funny was the fact that the girls looked more messed up than MinSeul. Their hair were messed up and some of their makeup was smeared.

“What are you guys doing?”

“Nothing.”

“I’ll be taking my leave.” MinSeul left with her friends. The other girls just stood there like idiots.

“What was that all about?” asked Gi-Kwang

“We were…”Dasom tries to speak up,

“Hyorin was trying to teach her a lesson for disrespecting Doo-Joon oppa earlier.” Said Soyou.

“There is no need for that.” Doo-Joon voice had a hint of anger, “I’ll take care of my own affairs next time thank you.” He took a deep breath, “You girls need to get cleaned up too.” Everyone, including me followed him out.

 When we got to the hallway Doo-Joon and the guys continued their path. I saw YeonYeon and JungHo standing by the bathroom and walked towards them.

“Umm…” They both looked at me as I try to keep a straight face, “Is she okay?”

“She is fine.” JungHo replied, “She is just cleaning up a bit.” I nod and left.

 

 

 

MinSeul Pov

When I got back to class the lesson had already started but Yeonnie explain to the teacher why I was going to be late so I was excused. JunHyung still sat at his seat coolly without taking any notes. When I opened my book I saw a piece of paper in it.

Meet me after school by the gate. I’ll be waiting.

I put the note back in my book and started writing notes since I was already behind.

After class ended, I told JungHo and Yeonnie to go home without me because had something important to do. At first they insisted that they stay with me but I told them to go. I waited until the school was kind of empty first before walking towards the gate. When I got towards the gate I notice somebody there waiting also.

“Umm…”

“Do you know how long I waited here for you?”

 

 

 

Preview:

"There is also one thing you need to know about me, I don’t associate with the Kingkas or the queenkas"

“I just wanted to see what was wrong with you and to see if you were okay.”

“I’m fine.”

"I think I just found the new school .”

“Are you jealous because I sit next to him."

“This is my girlfriend

[Author's Note]Thanks for reading this first chapter I really appreciate it. I know it isn't much but continue to read it. Subscribe, leave a Comment and Upvote. Gomawa♥