Chapter 9

I Am A Man

You slowly opened your eyes, adjusting with the sun lights that comes over you. You could feel your back in pain as you realized you didn’t wake up in your room. You’re in a car. You could feel a man scent. Doojoon’s jacket covers your body.

“Oh God!” You shocked.checking your clothes and body immadiately. Complete. You still wearing your clothes. You sigh, relieved.

You turned your eyes to the sleeping figure beside you. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. You didn’t bother to wake him up, you just stare at him. It’s hard to remember what’s going on last night and how you ended up sleeping in his car, but you pretty remembered that Doojoon kissed you last night. You touch your lips, you still could feel his kiss. You’re blushing by just remember it.

 “Staring at someone else’s sleeping is dangerous, you know?” he suddenly said with his eyes closed. He opened them slowly and smile at you. Your face turned to red.

He chuckled at your expression as straight his sit then he face you with a serious face, “Someone said to me when you stared at someone else’s sleeping you could falling in love with him” he explained.

“Mm..mwo?” you stuttered.

“and now you start stuttering, are you falling in love with me? Huh?” he teased you. Your mouth make an O-shaped as your cheeks turned to red as red as tomato. He chukcled again, but then it’s turned to laugh when he saw your expression.

“Yah! Liar!” you pouted. He patted yourhead gently, smiling brightly just like he won the biggest prize. But the atmosphere changed into an awkward suddenly. You could feel him blushing and feeling embarrased and so do you.

“Ahh…about….last night” he said slowly.

“Huh?” you’re blushing.

“The kiss, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do that, I should control my self, I’m sorry” he bowed at you. You chuckled at his act. “Wae? What’s so funny?”

“Ani, you just like you had done a big crime. It’s okay, Doojoon-ah, it’s okay, forget it” you said, blushing. He just nodded his head as he rubbed his temple, still feeling embarrased. You didn’t know why, but there’s a little dissapoinment in your heart when he said he didn’t mean to kissed you last night. And without you knowing Doojoon frowned at what you said.

*How could I forget it ____-ah*

A phone rang, broke the awkward silence between two of you. Both of you busy checking your phone. It’s Doojoon’s phone.

“Yoboseyo?”

“YAH! WHERE ARE YOU HYUNG? WHY YOU DIDN’T COME HOME LAST NIGHT?” you can hear someone’s voice in the other line yelling at him as he take away his phone from his ear.

“Yah! Don’t yell at me, are you trying to make me deaf? I’m in a car now, I’m okay” he answered. He continued the conversation as you checked your phone. 20 missed calls, 17 messages, 25 notifications. It’s all from Yoseob. You’re pretty close with him. You frowned as you didn’t find that name in your screen.   

*May be he’s busy with his new girlfriend* you frowned at what you thought. You safe your phone in your pocket.

“It’s Yoseob. He’s looking for us. We should go back now.” you nodded. Still thinking what he’s doing right now. Why didn’t he call you. Did he didn’t care anymore? Is he still mad?

***

You arrived at your apartment. You bid goodbye to Doojoon and walked to your door. You found a box in front of it, an ice cream. Your favorite melted ice cream. You can’t say it’s an ice cream, it’s milk. A smile formed in your face.

*Junhyung. He still care.* you take the melted ice cream in your fridge.

Thank God, it’s Saturday. You laid your body in your couch. Grabbing your phone, searching for a name. You press the call button hesitantly.

“Hmm?” someone said in the other line with husky voice. Seems like he haven’t wake up yet.

“Yah pabo! How could you put an ice cream in front of a door? it’s melted, did you know that?” you scolded him.

“____-ah? I’m sorry” He said, fully wake up now. You nodded, though you know he won’t know you nodded.

“I crossed the line. I shouldn’t mad at you. I should know your feeling.” You shocked. Your heart starts beating crazily.

*Did he know my feeling toward him?* you hold your breath, waiting him to continue.

“Doojoon hyung is a good man. He won’t hurt you. I should be happy for you. I’m sorry.” You frowned, couldn’t believe at what he said. There’s an awkward silence. The two of you only hearing each other’s breath trough phone.

“I should go, ____-ah, I’ll come over. Bye.” He hang up.

“yeah.” You said almost whispering.

*Yong pabo!* you muttered to yourself as you hold back your tears.

***

You laid yourself in your bead for the rest day. Didn’t bother to bathing, eating, you only care to breathing. Though breathing is hard to do in this state. You’re about to falling asleep when the doorbell rang. The thought of Junhyung make you swear to yourself not to open that door. He can’t see you in this state. You won’t let him seeing you like this. Hurting for someone who doesn’t know he’s the reason of all this hurtful feeling. But suddenly the door is started to be knocked hard.

“____-ah! ____! I know you’re inside, open the door” you can hear him yelled out loud.

“Aisshh…! This person!I’ll kill you Jang Yoseob!” you get up from your bed, open the door.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?” you yelled as you opened the door.

“YAH! WHY DON’T YOU ANSWER MY CALL? I’M WORRIED DON’T YOU KNOW THAT?” he yelled back at you as making his way inside your apartment.

“what? You’re married?” you .

“____-ah!” you chuckled at his behaviour.

You made your self sit beside him in the couch. Sighing. “Where were you go last night with Doojoon hyung?” he interograted you.

“He haven’t tell you?” he shake his head. “Umm.. I won’t tell you then.” He pouted.

“don’t you say you haven’t washing your body yet” he said suddenly. You just nodded.

“you’re stink…aish!!” He ruffles his hair. “how could a girl do things like that” he muttered.

“I’m a broken hearted girl, it’s up to me, bathing only will tear my pain” you pouted.

“Aish! You drama queen!” both of you chuckled. There’s only silence after.

“About Junhyung…”

“Ani, oppa, I don’t want to talk about him.” he assured you a smile.

 “Sometimes, is not love that can’t be seen, but we’re the one that choose not to see it.”

* is not love that can’t be seen, but we’re the one that choose not to see it * that words repeating in your mind.

“Yah, why you said that so sudden, oppa?”

“You didn’t need to open your eyes widely to see it but you have to close your eyes instead so you can feel it.”

“Ah okay, go washing now! How can a man love you if you stink!” he pushed you to the bathroom. You spent that day with Yoseob. Spending the day with him is very refreshing. The two of you watching drama, joking, dancing, and doing some of fun things. He just like your brother. But you can’t take your eyes from your phone. Waiting for Junhyung.