Chapter 35

I Am A Man

You skipped your work. Media still haven’t get it over yet, their news. New idol-couple, they wouldn’t let them go easyly. Your company would be the one who chased the news. And you weren’t ready for that. You knew for sure, the company would ask you to interview them though you aren’t a reporter just because they knew you knew Beast member personally.

You spent your days off just to clean your house for the nth time. You had to keep moving so your mind could be distracted. But it’s failed. Your tears, they still rolled down suddenly though you were in the middle of cleaning your house. Image of Doojoon get your heart in pieces everynight. Made you crying yourself to sleep and woke up with swollen eyes.

You’re just finished mopping the floor when suddenly your door bell rang. You dragged your self to the door and opened it slightly though you weren’t in the mood to meet someone else. You saw a man with a pot of flower covered his face. You tilted your head, observing the guest.

“___-ah, you didn’t recognize me??” he said as he put down the pot from his face.

“I thought you were flower boy” you smiled, he chuckled. “Come” you said as you opened the door wider. “What brings you here, Dongwoon-ah?”

“We have our day off today and I…..want to see you” he smiled at you, you knew what he meant. He might be feel bad for you, you smiled back at him. Again, your mind took you to that night. “____-ah let’s gardening!” he said made you back to present.

“Mwo?”

“I raised a flower lately, it’s fun, let’s raise some!” he said cheerfully as he took out all of the tools from his bag. Your eyes widened, never guess that he have prepared everything. “Come on!” he grabbed you to the balcony, both of you started to plant the flower seed in the small pot he brought. It’s fun for you, you never knew planting flower could be this fun. “Please grow beautifully, appa and umma will take care of you” he said as he burried the seeds into a pot. You kept smiling looking at Dongwoon who talked to the flower.

“Nae, umma will take care of you. Absorbed the water and the sun rays well, and grow happily ”  you played along by talking to the flower seeds you plant with Dongwoon. Both of you burst in laugh.

“___-ah” he called you made you turned your head to him “I know it’s hard but, please keep smile, and live happily. Don’t be sad for long time” he said seriously. You knew what he’s talking about.

“Dongwoon-ah...”

“I don’t know why Hyung did this, but...don’t let it made your self down” He smiled at you.

“Thank you”

“For what?”

“For being here. Let’s raise our kids well” he laugh at what you said. Both of you continued to plant some seeds. Time flies quickly, you have spent two hour with Dongwoon. You could hear your door rang again. “I’ll see it” you said as you cleaned your hand and left him.

You opened the door slightly, you saw a man with hat. You couldn’t see his face because he’s back-facing you. “Emm…excuse me?” you said made him turned back.

“Gikwang?” have no idea what was he doing in front of your door. He smiled at you widely.

“You didn’t ask me to come in?”

“Ahh…come, I forgot, sorry” you smiled awkwardly. He made his way inside. “What brings you here Gikwang-ah?”

“Let’s go to the zoo ____-ah” he said as he took off his shoes and smiled at you.

“zoo?”

He  nodded in excitement. “Where’s Dongwoon?” you shocked at how did he know that Dongwoon was here. You pointed at the balcony, still confused. *It’s weird* you thought.

 “Dongwoon-ah, what are you doing here with ____-ah?” he screamed, making his way to the balcony.

“We were raising our kids, Hyung” he said as he continued burried the seed to the pot.

“Mwooo?” Gikwang surprised at his answer, his mouth opened and closed again immediately as he knew Dongwoon was burrying the seeds. Dongwoon chuckled looking at his hyung’s face. “Yah!, Dongwoon-ah, I think you’re going crazy”

“Ani hyung, flower is like a child we have treat them sincerely so they’ll grow beautifully” the maknae answered, made Gikwang rolled his eye. You laughed seeing them, slightly forgot about the your pain.

“Your time is up, Dongwoon-ah, I’m gonna take her to the zoo” Gikwang said as he grinned at you.

“What? What’s going on actually?” you gave them confused look.

“Just go with Hyung ____-ah, I’ll take care of our children, don’t worry, I’m a good appa” dongwoon said didn’t answered your question.

You shook your head “No, I won’t till you two tell me what’s goin on here…?”

“Just, wash and change! You’re stinky” Gikwang laughed as he pushed you to the bathroom.

Didn’t have idea what’s they planned to do, you just obeyed what their commands. You were having fun in the zoo with Gikwang. It’s been years since the last time you’re going to the zoo. Both of you were so excited till didn’t realize the sun started to set off.

“Whoaa, I’m hungry” you said patted your tummy.

“Me too! Do you want to eat?” you nodded your head many times. He laughed at your act. “Call me oppa, first, then I’ll buy you food. Lots of food”

“Yah! Gikwangie, you haven’t gave up yet? I won’t call you oppa”

“Aish, so stubborn, like Doojoon hyung” he blurted out. He cover his mouth immediately. Looking sorry at you. Your heart ached even when you heard his name. “ahh..I’m sorry ____-ah, I...” he said as he looking at you frowned. Didn’t want to make him feel bad, you smiled at him.

“Aih..okay, Gikwangie oppa, I’m hungry, let’s get some food” you said with puppy eyes.

“Ah! You said the magic words! I’ll grant your wish, let’s home~”

“Home? Yah! I thought you’ll take me to a fancy restaurant, but you’ll take me home?” you folded your arms on your chest, refused to come home.

“come on, don’t ask too much” he grinned and grabbed you home.

You left your home unlocked, since Dongwoon still gardening when you left him. But your could hear crowd from your house. Little bit worried Dongwoon would mess your home. You were ready to scold him if he did.

“We’re home” Gikwang yelled.

“Yah! Gikwang, you took so much time, you took my time!” You could hear Yoseob’s voice scolded Gikwang.

“Oppaaa? what are you doing here?” you asked immediately as you saw Yoseob and Hyunseung sat on your couch.

“We miss you” hyunseung said, you smiled at him, knew what’s goin on. They came and spent their day off to accompany you. They felt bad for you, because they couldn’t do anything at that night.

“You guys planning this?”

Yoseob nodded. “It’s my turn now, let’s go shopping for groceries, you’re hungry aren’t you?” you nodded your head. “I’ll cook your favorite”

“I’m hungry too, cook me my favorite too” Gikwang pouted.

“I’m not talking to you!” Yoseob yelled at him. “You took my time so I…”

“Come on _____-ah, better we go shopping now or we won’t have dinner” Hyunseung grabbed you out, stealed you from Yoseob.

“Yaah…Hyung! It’s my tuuuuuuuuuurn!” you could hear yoseob screamed from outside. Made you chuckled. They’re so funny. You felt so thankful you have them in this situation.

***

“How’s your feeling?” Hyunseung suddenly asked you when you push the cart and put the groceries inside.

“hmm?” you surprised. Never knew he would bring this topic up.

“That night, we didn’t know that would be happened. We’re sorry we couldn’t…”

“Aniyo, oppa, it’s okay. It’s his decision. I respect that” you remained quiet for a while. “Glad to know he got his love back” you gave him your best smile though your heart were crying.

He patted your head. “I’m sure he loves you and he must be have his own reason for this.” He said as he walked to the cashier.

*Own reason?* his words made you think.

***

“Dinner is ready!” Yoseob cheered as he put the last plate on the table. He’s like a mother. You sat with three good-looking guys around you.

“Yah! Don’t eat it, we’ll eat together, Hyung!” Yoseob scolded Hyunseung who took a bite every plate. You chuckled at their behavior. “Where’s Dongwoon?” he asked suddenly, realized Dongwoon haven’t joined with you in the dinning room.

“May be he’s talking with his children” Gikwang said, made you burst a laugh. Yeah, and it’s true, Dongwoon was in the balcony, still take care of the flower.

“Where’s Junhyung?” you asked.

“He should be here now but he got something to do.” Gikwang said between his bite. You nodded your head.

***

The night was going late, the boys decided to stay longer. Dongwoon and Gikwang were playing games while Hyunseung has knocked out. And Yoseob, he’s busy in the kitchen. You were on the balcony when he reached you. Handed you a hot chocolate, he stood beside you.

You gave him your best smile. “We’re sorry” he said suddenly.

“Why?”

“We couldn’t do anything and we didn’t know anything. He never talked about it with us. I don’t know what’s goin on in that babo’s head” You knew wher this conversation going.

“It’s okay oppa. There’s nothing to forgive.”

“he hurts you”

“He didn’t, how could someone who’s finding his love could hurt someone else oppa? I’m hurt because of my own feeling” you took a deep sigh “My feeling that hurts me.”

“___-ah..”

“I’m okay oppa, I have to face it, the fact that he loves someone else and choose her, not me” you said as you tried to smile. But your heart and eyes couldn’t lie. Tears falling from your eyes when you’re blinked but you turned around and wiped it quickly, hope that Yoseob didn’t see it.

***

He watched your house from a distance. He could see the rest of the member but Junhyung walked out of your house. *thank you, boys...and sorry* he thanked in his heart, the member spent their days off to cheered you.

Next he saw you walked out of your house, dribbling your basketball. He knew where you’d go. He followed you. He kept his distance. You arrived at the nearest park. There you are, started dribbling your ball madly, and started cursing at yourself. He hate it. he closed his eyes, couldn’t help to see you in this state. He wanted to go there and hold you in his arms badly.

Junhyung words lingered on his mind. His feet slowly stepped closer and closer towards you.

***

You couldn’t sleep again. The four b2st member has left. They wanted to stay over but you expelled them. They needed to rest. You grabbed your basketball and sneaked out. Hoping that it would made your heart and mind calm. You started playing. But it’s failed to calm your mind. It made it worst. It remind you when he asked you out for the first time. The first time you thought he had a feeling for you. “Stupid heart! you’re bad at identifying feeling” you cursed your heart. Your mind didn’t stop playing the memories. What an irony, now you cry because of someone who ever made you stop crying.

“…but I won’t ever let you escape from me”

“just want you to know that i love you”

His words he said to you felt like a sword now that sliced your heart to pieces. “Babo! You babo, you’re a fool! He didn’t love you, how could you believe at him” you shoot the ball, but failed. “Who you think you are compared with her? of course he’ll choose her over you”

Your could feel your feet, knees and arms went numb but you didn’t stop playing. You’re panting hard, your lungs needed more oxygen, your organs needed rest, but you didn’t care, you kept playing till someone grabbed your hand and hold you in his arms. You knew it’s scent. Quickly, you burried your face to his chest and crying out your pain once more.

 “Why did you do this to me? I hate you! you..you made me feel like you loves me...and...and left me like it’s nothing??”