Chapter 19

I Am A Man

pink is what your heart said, and green is what your brain said. please enjoy! :))


“What’s your answer?”

You stared back at him. You could tell that he’s not kidding. “A-a…are you serious?” he nodded as he didn’t take his eyes off you. You looked away as you gulped the water he gave you. He suddenly chuckled, sounded bitterly. You turned your head to him.

“Yah! What are you laughing at?” you glared at him.

He chuckled again. “No, I just laugh at my self.” You furrowed your eyebrows. He looked away. “I just asked someone who loves someone to date, that’s funny, right?” he laughed but you could tell that his laugh was fake. You looked at him annoyingly. You hate that. “What? But, listen, I won’t give up on you that easy.” Your eyes widen, shocked at what he said. None ever said this thing to you. “Let me, ____-ah” he threw his eyes to the sky. “Let me, let me make you happy, let me be by your side” he quiet for a while “let me erase your feeling for him, ____-ah. Gimme that chance” he stared at you.

“You don’t have to answer now, you have three days, no one day to think, call me tomorrow night, before 11.59 pm” he said not looking at you. Suddenly he stood up and cleant his jeans, “Okay, gotta go, bye ____-ah” he said, you could see that his cheeks became pink though it's dark there. He started to run, left you there dumbfounded. But he stopped then turned around “And sorry for that…” he pointed at his head then he ran away.

***

You laid yourself in your comfy bed, looked at the ceiling, and your mind took you to Doojoon. You coulnd’t stop thinking him.

“he said he loves me, but he doesn’t even walk me home? Aishh…” you frowned, mumbled to your self.

But a smile formed in your face immediately, somehow it he made you happy, he made you happy even just by thinking of him. Your mind played your moments with Doojoon, it made your smile wider. But that smile didn’t plastered long in your face when your heart whispered a name. ‘Junhyung’.

*Is it okay with him if I go for a date with his friend?* you asked your self.

*Who are you talking about? He’s not your boyfriend!* your brain answered you loudly.

*but I still ove him, I’m afraid of what he’ll think*

*he didn’t even think of you when he dated hara, right?* your brain told you again.

*shut up, brain! ____-ah, let me tell you, if you date someone that you don’t love, it’s gonna hurt you and him*

*yeah, heart is right, and I don’t want to hurt Doojoon*

*Aish…you stupid. Heart, let me tell you. You didn’t love Doojoon, are you sure?*

*………………..* your heart didn’t answer

*see? that Heart even can’t tell you, give him a chance ____-ah, give him a chance*

*Yah! Don’t listen to that bunch of cells*

*What you calling me??*

“STOP!” you screamed at your self. You didn’t even get the answer but a war with your self. “You better go to sleep, ____-ah” you said to yourself as you prepared yourself to sleep when your phone beeped twice. 2 messages received.

Message 1

From: Yong Pabo

Yah, sleepyhead! You must have been slept now. Aish….i’m writing a song now, but I’m stuck L

Message 2

From: Doojoon

You’re sleep now? I just want to make sure that you’re home safely. I forgot to walked you home. Sorry.

“Let me….gimme that chance….let me erase your feeling for him ____-ah” Doojoon’s word keep repeating on your mind. Their facewere imagined in your mind.

You covered your eyes with pillow as you throw your phone to the other side of your bed. “BOYS MAKING ME CRAZY AAAARRRGHHHHH” you screamed at your self, didn’t care what time it was 2am. You ended falling asleep without text them back.

***

It’s Tuesday, you went to work like used to but this time you went with two eyes bag in your eyes. You really wanted to skip that day. You could feel your bones like wanted to crack, and you hardly opened your eyes. You walked to your desk when a man walked passed you and stopped you.

“Yah! ____! Heiyi couldn’t work today, you take over the photoshoot of an idol group for the next edition!” he said as you only could see him with lazy eyes and tried to catch what your boss said. “hey! What’I talked to you!” you nodded quickly. Actually you did want to protest but you just wanted to get it over.

“What idol?” you said as you walked away.

“KARA” he shouted.

*What?? KARA?* your eyes widen.

***

You handle the photoshoot inevitably. You have been waiting them for 30 minutes. They’re still have a schedules to fulfill so they’re late. After a while they finally came. You giving them a briefing about the theme. The photoshoot finally done.

“Thank you everybody for your good work” you said as you bowed. You hurried your self to go, tried your best to avoid Hara. Guilty attacked you everytime you saw her. God really wanted to kidding with you today. You felt a hand stop your step.

“____-ah” hara called you.

“Ahh, hara” you smiled at her, rubbed your temple awkwardly.

“Still have a work today?” she asked you. *weird*

“Ah…today…ani, wae?”

“Let’s have a cup of coffee or hot cocholate?” she asked you excitedly.

“Ahh….good idea” you couldn’t bear yourself to reject her.

“Good! Let me change, wait a second ____-ah” she said as she run to dress room

***

You and hara were in a café near the photoshoot location.

“What your order, miss?” the waitress said.

“I want…”

“A hot cocholate and a coffee, please, thank you” Hara cutt you.

“How do you know what will I order?” you asked her, confused.

“Junhyung oppa, tell me” she smiled at you, you smiled back at her awkwardly. “Junhyung oppa tell me about you a lot____-ah” she continued.

“really?” she nodded.

“ah..ahaha he loves to talk about me in my back, he must be tell you that bad things, don’t…”

“He loves you.” you shocked. She stared at you now. “Can’t you see it ____-ah? Why two of you so blind?” she said as your order came.

“What are you talking about Hara-ah, that’s not imposibble. He loves you, he has you, hahaha” you said.

She smiled weakly. “No, he loves you.” she took a deep breath, you could see pain in her eyes. “He talked about you all the time, even in our date” she chuckled bitterly “do you know ___-ah? He bought me wrong ice cream, he bought cocholate ice cream” she chuckled again, but a tears rolling down to her cheek. She wiped it and smiled again. “___-ah this, ___-ah that, ___-ah love this, ___-ah hate that” she said as she wiped her tears that started to fall.

“Hara…” you said, she gave you a light smile.

“Do you ever love him ____? Ani, do you love him?”

“Hara...I-I..” you didn’t even know what to explained to her.

“yeah, you still” she smiled weakly. “I’m sorry ____-ah, I’m sorry for coming in between you two, I know you love him from the first time I saw you two, but I just pretend not to see it because I love him..I…”

“Noo….Hara…noo…” you comforted her.

“No, I just wanna say this… I’m sorry but I won’t let him go. I love him.” she smiled at you the bowed as she wiped her tears. “I’ll pretend that we’re never meet today. Good bye ___-ah” she Left you there doumbfounded.

***

You were laying in your couch with your feet above and your head down. These two days were making you crazy.

*Is what hara said true?*

*He loves me too….?*

*Noo…..it’s impossible*

“What have you done now ____-ah. You hurt everybody!” a tears rolling up to your head.

*What should I do now* you cried alone.

You were crying for you-don’t-know but you could feel your eyes swollen. You looked at your phone, it’s 11.30 pm. You curled your self in your couch as you stared at a name on your phone. You called that name.

“Hey…” you heard his voice in other line. Sound trembled.

“Doojoon…” you said.

“Are you okay? You sounds bad” he asked you concerned

“I’m fine…” you smiled at him eventhough he couldn’t see you through the phone. There’s a long silence. You didn't bother to break it. You could hear his breath from the other line, and you loved it. 

“Mmm....So…what’s you say?” he asked.

"I'm sorry...."