Chapter 43

I Am A Man

“_____-ah, where are you?”

“I’m on my way now, why? You miss me that much?” You .

“Aish...yes, i miss you that much, so come here quick, and buy me some cakes for us okay?”

“Yah...you want a cake for your farewell party?”

“Please...I can’t help the sun...”

“Baby, come here...” you could here a male voice behind her.

“What? Can’t help the sun or your boyfriend? it’s evening already, the sun almost set” you said like you’re angry.

“both” she chuckled “so..you’ll buy them for me?” she pleaded.

“Okay, okay, i’ll buy it for you, just make sure i won’t see you and seunghyun act lovey dovey”

“Arrasseo arrasseo, you’re the best ____-ah! Thank you, muuuaaach” she hung up the phone. You just smiled at what she did. You never saw Ji eun like this, you never saw her so fallen in love to someone, you thought she’d never, but since she met Seunghyun, the very first guy you saw that love Ji eun sincerely, her world changed, no, not just her world, his world did. You could see it.  You smiled by yourself remembering the way Ji eun told you about him, just like a teenager who just met her very first crush. And that day she held a little farewell party, she’s going to leave Korea soon, remember the project things that company held which it’s prize was being promoted to the central office in Japan? She got it. it made you sad, not because you didn’t win it but she’d leave.

Suddenly something came to your feet. “Noona, can you kick that ball?” a little boy shouted. You gave him an ok sign as you kicked the ball. “Thank you Noona” the little boy shouted again, he smiled this time.

“Not bad” you turned your head immediately as you heard a familiar voice. He’s smiling at you. He wore his jeans, black hoodie and beanie complete with his black glasses.

“i thought it’s going to be dark soon” you said commenting his appereance.

“I can’t go around without them”

“don’t go around then” you suggested,

“but i want to see you” he said made you shut your mouth. He smiled as he walked closer. “how’s your ankle?”

“it’s good, i feel like i can beat Park Ji-Sung now” Doojoon chuckled at your words. “What are you doing here?” you asked again.

“I’ve told i want to see you”

“Aish...how..”

“Mmm...excuse me, can you help me? Can you give this roses to that woman in white dress, she’s my first love, i’ve been waiting for years for her, and i’m going to propose her to marry me, so can you...” a no-more-younger man came to you and Doojoon.

“Nae, of course” you smiled widely, as you accepted the rose from that guy. You could feel you’re blushing, seeing people fell and filled in a full of love made your heart fluttered. Being involved in this romantic propose made you didn’t even think to say yes.

“Yah! Why are you blushing? He didn’t give that flower to you but his girlfriend” Doojoon said, he got a death glare from you.

“Making someone else happy makes me happy. Let’s give it to her together” you said

“A-ani...” he’s about to reject but you cut him since the woman getting closer. She’s not longer young but you could still see her beauty.

“Someone asked me to give it to you, please say yes” you said as you winked  and elbowed his arm, signed him to say something.

“a..he loves you, please say yes” he said and smiled.

“ah..thank you, i think i will, you’re such a sweet young couple, make her say yes to you before somebody take her over. don’t maker her wait for too long” the woman winked at Doojoon.

“Nae, nae, of course i will make her say yes” a very big smile formed on his face.

“Thank you once again, and you keep your promise” she said again to Doojoon,

“see you” both of you said in unison.

“She said we are a sweet couple ____-ah” he smiled happily but you only could chuckle.

“we were”

“almost...”

*You even never ask me* You thought bitterly

“..and we will” both of you made an eye contact right after he said that.

“You wish”

“..yah you don’t wish it?”

Suddenly your phone vibrated. Quickly you took it from your pocket to avoid he stared that could make you fall again. You saw the ID caller at the phone screen, that name made you palm your forehead spontaneously.

“Wae?” Doojoon asked.

“Cakes, Ji Eun, farewell party, omo! I forgot!”

“What are you talk...” you’re about to run but he grabbed you.

“Jieunaskedmetobuycakesforherfarewellparty” you said quickly and about to run again.

“my car is faster” he said as he held your hand, guided you to his car.

***

“Thank you, Doojoon-ah, that ahjumma must be nagging on me now” you said as both of you just get out of the elevator. Your hands were full of foods, snacks and drink. Doojoon’s hands too.

“She won’t. Because we brought her all of this, it’s enough for her, isn’t it?” he said as he lift the stuffs on his hands. You nodded in agreement.

***

“Aish..that girl, where’s she? Why it took her so long? Is something happened to her” Ji eun mumbled as she walking here and there in front of the three boys.

“Yah..!” they yelled in unison.

“You don’t make me think bad things happened to her” A sulky face guy said as he dialed your number.

“she doesn’t answer?” Seungho asked him. He just shook his head.

“Baby...sit down, she will be here soon” a man with husky voice said as he gestured Ji Eun to sit down on his lap made the two guy hissed. Suddenly the door bells rang.

Seungho, Junhyung and Ji Eun were about to run at the door, but Seunghyun stopped them. He’s the only one who keep calm. “Let me, okay, just prepare your words for her”

Seunghyun walked to the door and opened it. “____-ah, bet...” he stopped as he saw doojoon behind you. Seunghyun knew Doojoon, Ji Eun told him.

“Doojoon, he’s seunghyun, Ji Eun’s..”

“____-ah you better prepare your...”

“Yah! You! you make me worries..why...Doo-joon?” Ji Eun stop nagging at you as she saw Doojoon. Seungho and Junhyung rushed to the door as they heard Doojoon’s name.

“Jun..Junhyung? You said you can’t come..”

“Why? You don’t want me to come so you can come with...” he left his word hanging because you stared at him, begged him not to finish his words.

“I just help her to bring this, sorry for her late, i got to go, see you,” he gave the stuffs to Seunghyun and left. “see you ____-ah” he whispered. You didn’t know what should do so you just give him a slight smile. Then you could see everyone staring at you.

***

Five of you sat on the couch, staring each other awkwardly. Though you have explained, Ji eun still couldn’t believe you came with Doojoon after what he had done to you. junhyung only keep silent, he didn’t even touch his coke, his mind still lingered on what was going on before. Fact that you came with Doojoon and sparks on your eyes when you’re with him didn’t leave his mind.

*It’s weird, he’s not like him,* you thought, knowing that the usually Junhyung would yelled at you and nagged at you. You stared at Seungho begging for a help but he just shrugged his shoulders. Thanks to Seunghyun he broke the ice that filled the room.

“you..you don’t do something fool, i won’t be here for you, don’t let anyone hurt you” she said in angry tone but you knew it for sure she did it just not to make her self cried in front of you. “And you,” she said to Junhyung “take care of her, you too” he turned to Seungho this time “Take care of her too” she started to cry, you hugged her tightly.

“Can i still call you in the late night if i want to cry?” she shook her head.

“you’re not allowed to cry” you chuckled but then tears started to roll down on your cheeks. Both of you hugging each other while crying. “Now, go home, go home now” she let go of you and hushed you.

“can i sleep here tonight?”

“No. I prefer Seunghyun than you”

“Yah...i’ll take you to the airport..”

“no need, you hate it right? no need, Junhyung take her home” she said but you ran to her once again.

“I’m gonna miss you unnie” you said made her cry more.

“Go home now, it’s getting late” she said, turning her back at you, just like you she didn’t want to leave, for her you’re just like her little sister.

“i’ll fly to Japan to see you” you said to her who already burried her face on seunghyun chest.

***

It’s already late. You were on Junhyung’s car. You tied your bangs like an apple top. Junhyung only looking at you with the corner of his eyes. *She must be so sad” he said to himself. He knew it for sure, you always tied your bangs up like an apple top.


“are you crying?” little boy asked you.

“a-a-ani...” the little you said.

“But your eyes wet”

“It’s just because..because my bangs, it covered my eyes and get into them so they wet”

“tied your bangs up then prove you didn't cry”


Since then you tried your best not to cry or someone else would see your tears, but after he came to your life, you didn't do that, you could show your tears in front of your bestfriend. Sometimes you hate him for making you back to human nature, "It's okay to cry, crying doesn't mean weak, sometimes it means you've strong enough to hold it. let it all go" you remembered what Junhyung said once in the night when you tried your best not to cry.

You opened the windows car and leaned your head on it. “Do you want to go somewhere before home?” Junhyung said softly. But you didn’t answer him.

“Junhyung-ah...”

“hmm?”

“look, my eyelashes flying here and there” you said random things as you felt the hard wind blewat your face. Junhyung couldn’t help but chuckled at what you did.

“You laugh? You’re not angry with me because i’m coming with him anymore?” you asked bluntly. Junhyung’s slight smile made your face lift up in relieve.

*Are you start to falling for him again ____-ah?* You could see from the corner of your eye that he silently chuckled bitterly. But you didn’t do anything but leaned back your head near the window car.

“Junhyung, let’s go the park for a swing before home,”

“what your age?”

"let's do it again like when you're child please...” you said with a puppy eyes.

“Aye....stop, stop doing that, okay-okay, swings” he said in the way he used to, it made your smile wider.

***

You sat on a swing and Junhyung sat on the swing beside you. No words.

“It’s fun, right?” you asked to never ended swinging Junhyung. He didn’t answer you but keep swinging.

“Do you know? People said that heart have rooms, that room’s door can be broke when people leave, and it won’t allow them to come back again. But heart  has a very special room, it will always be opened, though him go for a miles and leave or we go for a thousand miles to leave, it would be still opened and save that space for that someone. That someone named bestfriend,and...i didn’t think it will belong to someone else but you...” you said, made him stopped swinging.

Junhyung stared at you. *so this is your answer ____-ah?*

“My heart never closed for you...no need ask me to open it for you” silent taking over.

“Why?” he said made your head turned to him. “you knew it, right?” You knew exactly what’s he’s talking about. “why don’t you tell me?“

“I-..i just don’t want you have a fight with him, both of you are bestfriend, i don’t want it break just because of.....because of me?” you let out a sigh. “don’t hate him, he just..he just did what he though he should do as leader, he did that for you and the boys” you said in a low voice.

Junhyung got up immediately, looking at the night sky frustratedly. *still, you still stand on him after what he had done? Oh..you even ask me not to hate him* anger took him over, he started to walk away leaving you behind.

“I know, i don’t have a right to ask you to stay after i said that but i really wish you’ll stay...boy-friend” you said made him stopped for a while before walked away.

***

You closed your bedroom door before falling your self to your bed. Grabbing a big big teddy bear Junhyung gave you and hold it tight. “I lost him, Yong. I lost him.” you burried your face to his soft fur and crying yourself to sleep. Two most important people left you in a day.

(* Yong : big big teddy bear' name that Junhyung gave


Hey, i updated again hahaha. Ngg...sorry if i put so much drama on it, sorry for the random things too. i hope you enjoy this story till the end. thank you again, *bow*