Chapter 17

I Am A Man

*Junhyung??*

*what is he doing here?* you thought.

He still there, sat in your couch, staring at the television. Didn’t bother to turned around and looked at you.

Yah! I think someone has robbed my house!” you yelled at him. He didn’t answer, didn’t say hello to Doojoon too. You could feel an awkward situation between you, Doojoon and Junhyung.

 “I got to go, ____-ah, I’ll call you” you nodded at Doojoon as he walked out of your place, giving him a smile. You walked to Junhyung’s direction.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” you asked him again as you put your in the edge of the couch, beside him. “fighting with Hara ey?” you tilted your head  this time. He seemed not in a good mood. Seems so angry but he held it.  His eyes on the TV but not his mind. You knew it for sure that something has happened to your bestfriend, something has made him confused, sad and mad. You started to worry with your bestfriend who sat beside you but saying no words. You couldn’t help to see him like this. You stood in front of him,  hands in your waist, covering the tv.

“Yah! I talk to you!” you yelled. You lose your patience. Worries and scared that something bad happened to him made you couldn’t control yourself and ended up yelled at him. His eyes on you, eyed you from head to toe.

“That dress, you think you’re y?”

 “Mwo?” your mouth wide opened. Shocked.

“His shirt, isn’t that?” he said looked away. You felt awkward, caught red-handed in a man’s shirt by him.

“Something happened last night?” he stared at you again. You couldn’t read his eyes.  Anger raised in your head.

“Whooa…watch your words, Junhyung-ah! I’m drunk last night and Doojoon…”

“Your purse” he said as he throw your purse and phone in the table and stood up, turned around, ready to go.

“Yah what’s wrong with you??” you yelled at him. You couldn’t help it anymore, you didn’t understand him. Mad at you because something you didn’t know for sure. He froze in his place, back-facing you. He closed his eyes.

Flashback

He was in his date with his girlfriend. He pretended like there’s nothing happened. But deep down in his heart, Doojoon’s word replayed again and again. No matter how much he ignored it, that words still lingered in his mind.

He was walking with her, hands in hands. Everyone who saw them, must be know that they’re couple. He didn’t know why, he and Hara arrived to the places he and you used to go often. His feet walked him and his  girlfriend to the park you and him met for the first time. He smiled silently as he the moment of you and his first meeting. Hara noticed his boyfriend. She smiled happily.

“Yah, oppa, you seemed happy, what makes you happy?” she smiled at him, made him back to reality. He stared at her, panicked.

“Uh-uhm..aniyo, I’m happy cause I’m with you babe,” he lied to her. Hara blushed at his words.

*I’m sorry Hara-ah* guilty attacked him as he saw blushing Hara. He watched an ice-cream stand.

“Do you want ice cream, baby?” he asked Hara.

“Of course oppa” Hara answered him sweetly.

“Oppa will buy you ice cream, wait in that bench” he pointed at a bench. Hara nodded.

Junhyung came back with two cocholate-ice cream. *She must love it, chocolate is her favorite* he smile as he walked to her direction. He handing Hara one. But she didn’t take it but stare at him. He gave her a questioning look.

“Oppa, I didn’t like cocholate, I love the strawberry” she pouted. Then he realized he bought wrong ice cream. It’s your favorite ice cream flavour.

“Ahh, mian, oppa will buy you the strawberry” he said as he walked back again to that ice cream stand.

They continued walking, they stop at a girl-stuff shop. He didn’t want to get in.

“No, a man didn’t enter this kind of shop” he said.

“Come on oppaaa” she said cutely, with a puppy-eyes face. Finally he gave up and follow her, she tried one stuff to the other stuff as Junhyung followed her. Hara put a rabbit headband in his head.

“Whooaaa, oppa you’re so cute” she giggled. Junhyung shocked at first but his mind took him to the his moment with you. Once, you and him went to the same kind of shop, you insisted him to wear a rabbit headband as you wore one and forced him to pose like playboy magazine’s models. Two of you made a face like a y supermodel. He chuckled at that moment.

“Wae oppa? What’s funny?” Hara asked excitedly.

“____-ah always force me to wear this and asked me to pose like playboy’s models” he laugh but his laugh stopped when he saw Hara. He could tell that she’s feeling uncomfortable but she trying to keep smiling. “Let’s go eat, I’m hungry” he said awkwardly as he grabbed her wrist.

*Yah! What’s going on with me? I cant take my mind off _____ah*

Junhyung and Hara arrived at a restaurant. They decided to take steaks as their dinner. Everything’s going like romantic dinner should be. Junhyung has finished, he stare at his eating-girlfriend. She ate all of the vegetables. Hara could feel her boyfriend staring at her. She’s blushing.

“Wae oppa? Is there something in my face?” She asked.

“Ani, you loves them?” he said as he pointed all of the vegetables. “____-ah didn’t like carrot she always put that to my plate so…” he blurted out, didn’t finish his word. “Ah, sorry” she just nodded. She forced a smile. There’s an awkward silent between them.

“Could you take me home, oppa? I didn’t feel good?” she said broke the silent.

“Why? Are you sick?”

“Ani, oppa, I just….tired” she smiled.

***

Junhyung in his on way back from Hara’s apartment. He ruffled his hair, frustated. He stopped his car in the Han river. He get out of his car to get some fresh air. Doojoon’s words still linger in his mind.

*She loves me? It’s impossible*

*How could she? Why she didn’t say it?*

*I didn’t love her too, did I?* he asked to himself

*but you hate it when someone takes her out, don’t you Yong Junhyung? You hate it when you see she close with Doojoon, you afraid that she’ll have a boyfriend beside you* the other self of him said.

*No, I’m with Hara now. No, it’s not right*

*But I miss her so bad right now.* he looked away blankly.

*I wonder what she’s doing* he looked at his watch, *it’s late, she might be has sleep now, that sleepyhead* he said in his mind. But he couldn’t help,  he took his phone from his pocket.

*It can’t be like this, I should ask her by my self. I should clear this* he dialled a number. Your phone number. No answered. He tried again. No answer. He called for the 7th times, no answer. He started to give up when your name showed up in his screen.

“Yah! Where have you been? Why didn’t call my answer?” he yelled at his phone.

“emm…sorry, Junhyung? I’m Jieun, ____’s friend”

“Ohh…where’s ____?” he dissapointed.

“She was with me, but a man grabbed her out of the club”

“what? club?? Yah! Why you let him brought her???”

“yeah, he’s her close friend I think, but they leave her purse, there are her phone and key, can I gave it to you?” she said.

*Close friend? ____-ah has a close friend??*

“yeah….”

“Key, I’m in (the club’s name)” she was about to hung up

”Wait, can you describe that man?”

“ngg…he has serious face, brown hair, good looking….I can’t saw him clearly, I go after them to the parking lot, but they just go away…” Junhyung clenched his fist. “….ahh but I heard she called his name, Yoojooon, Leejoon, I don’t know, so I thought that they know each other”

“Doojoon?”

“I thought that’s his name”

 “…baby, let’s go” Junhyung heard  a man’s voice in the other line “Alright, Junhyunggie, I’ll wait for you” she hung up.

*She’s with Doojoon now?* he called Doojoon, immadiately.

“hello” said the man in the other line.

“Is ____ with you?” Junhyung asked worriedly.

“Yeah, she’s with me now. wae? Don’t worry” Junhyung hung up. No words could come from Junhyung. He could feel anger, sadness and a little bit jealousy in the same time.

“Aarrggghhh…!!” he screamed out of his lungs to the Han River.

*it should be me* his heart unconsciously whisper.

End of flashback

“Yah what’s wrong with you??” you yelled at him. “Did I do something wrong or what?? If you’re in a fight with Hara, don’t throw it on me…” you continued but he cut you off.

“Club..” he stopped for a while as he sighed “why?”

You could feel that he hardly held his anger. You shocked, try to found some good reason. It’s scary when he’s mad and he always mad if you go to the club or drink without him. He hated to see some boys flirt on you in the club, he said it because he’s worried if they did something to you, and you knew it’s true.

He punched some boys in the club years ago because they smiled seductively at you. He always pull you close to him when you hang out to the club. That things he did made you couldn’t sleep for a night long and a wide smile plastered in your face everytime you remember it. But not this time, there’s an anger in your heart because you knew that the reason he did that is just to protect his bestfriend, and the facts that your love was unrequited made it worst.

 “I…I….” you stuttered “…why? I’m an adult woman now” you taunted him.

“You go with him?” he asked, still tried to held his anger. You wonder why he acted like this, he used to yelled at you everytime you being stubborn.

“With some of friend of mine and Doojoon…” you haven’t finished your words he turned around and grabbed you to his arms. He hold you tight, made you froze. He still didn’t say no word just burried his face in the crock of your neck. You could feel your face redden. You wanted to stay like that longer but thought of Hara made you felt it wrong. “Yah, let me go, you love to hold me lately, Jun…” you tried to let go, but he hold you tighter.

“Don’t go without me” he said, made you stop struggle, let him hold you. Your head nodded automatically at his said. You decided to hold him back.


Whooaa, i update it again, thank you for reading, giving me comment and subscribing. *bow*

keep telling me what you think, ne? kekeke