Chapter 20

I Am A Man

“I’m soryy..” you said. There’s a silence in the other line. “Sorry, if I just called you now, and yes…” you continued. You didn’t hear nothing but his breath. “Yah! You still there?” silence again. “Yah! Yoon Doojoon!” you yelled on your phone.

“Yes?” he finally answered. “Yes, what?” he said again.

“What?” you asked

“You…yes what?” you rolled your eyes, felt annoying because you had to repeat what you said. Your cheeks were blushing.

“Yah! Don’t pretend like you don’t know!”

“I don’t know. You, yes what?” he repeated. You could imagine his face in the other line, grinned, ready to tease you.

“Aish!” you kept quiet for a while and took a deep breath. “yesi’llgoforadatewithyou” you said quickly.

“What? You said it too quick. I can’t hear you clearly”

“Yes. Let’s have a date.” You said (trying hard) calmly. You didn’t hear anything for the other line but suddenly you heard someone yelled ‘yeah’ but it sounded like he’s groaned. “Yah! Are you okay?”

“Yeah! I’m okay!” he finally answered you. You nodded. There’s a silence again. “Saturday, this week, I’ll come pick you. Okay” he sounded so happy. “Okay” you whispered.

“Bye ____-ah!” he said happyly as he hung up the phone. His happy voice didn’t make you better. It made your heart worse.

*I’m sorry Doojoon-ah, I didn’t mean to make you an escape, I just make everyone happy at least they didn’t hurt* you said to your self.

***

Saturday.

That day has come. You took out all of your clothes. Tried to find the best outfit to go with Doojoon. You didn’t want to embarrasse him.

*I should be a little girly* you told your self as you mixed-matched and mirrored your self. You finally choose to wear a baggy long sleeves shirt-mini skirt and your fav sneakers. Three hours seems not enough to prepared yourself. You  were in the middle of tied your right shoe, when someone rang the door bell.

“Coming” you said becaues you know who is it. You opened the door with your only right shoe, and let your left bare. Finding him with wide smile the wide eyes.

“Mwo? Come in” you said as you continued tied your right shoe.

“Change” he said simply.

“What?” you said to him, confusedly.

“I said change” he said as he dragged you to your room.

“What?? Why? I have spent my three hour to prepared”

“I don’t want boys checking you out. Change, please” he said seriously. You couln’t help but burst out a loud laugh. “Yah! What are you laughing at?” he glared at you.

“Is It your way to say that I’m looked beautiful?” you , tried to hold your laugh.

“Nooo! It’s not like that…” he denied.

“Yah! So you say I’m not beautiful?” you acted like you’re angry.

“Aish, ani…it’s not like.. I just…” you stared at him as you tried to hold your laugh again, and he finally realized that you just played with him “Yah! You…” he started to tickled you until tears come out in the corner of your eyes. You overbalanced and stumbled, fortunately he caught you, he ended up hugging you, your hand in his chest. His eyes stared at you, you could feel his heart beated fast, just like yours. Your cheeks were blushing.

“I-I…I’ll change now” you said, stutered.

“O-oh..okay” he said as he let you go, and rubbed his temple awkwardly. “I’ll wait you outside…”

You chuckled looked at his acts, he’s so funny. You changed your skirt with a jeans. You found him leaned on the wall beside your door.

“You’re ready?” he asked, you nodded.

“Is it okay with you” you looked at what you wore. He nodded, feeling satisfied. “Where will we go?” you asked him.

He thought for a while “Movie?”

“Let’s go!” you said as you sliped your fingers between him. He turned to you, making you scared if you did the wrong moves. “Why? Isn’t a couple doing this while they date?” he just stared at you “Ah, okay, if you don’t want to, sorry” you chuckled awkwardly and started to walk. Embarrased.

Suddenly, you felt a finger slipped to yours. They’re felt so warm and fit in yours. You looked at the owner of them, he’s smiling widely beside you, making your eyes widen and your mouth opened slightly.

“Close your mouth, flys might be entered it” you closed your mouth immediately as he chuckled and put your hand in his jacket’ pocket. You couldn’t say a word but blush madly.

***

Two of you arrived in the cinema, he put him self in the line to get ticket as you bought popcorn and drink. You were about tried to found him when a couple approached you. You could do nothing, when they say hello.

“____-ah!” the girl called you.

“Ahh…hello Hara” you bowed slightly. Took a glance of the boy who stood behind her, he stared at you. “Hi, Junhyung” you said as you tight your hug with the popcorn and drinks stuff in your chest.

“You’re not alone ____-ah? You bought two drinks, you’re with someone?” she said as she watched you brought so many stuffs.

 “I get it, sorry it tooks so…” Doojoon said as he approached you, realize that Hara and Junhyung were with you.

“Aeeyy….you’re with Doojoon oppa??” she said, “Are you two…?” she took a glance at you and Doojoon. You’re blushing while Doojoon only looked at you. Feeling guilty because he knew for sure that you’re not okay.

“We’re gonna watch this movie, but I think ____-ah doesn’t feel good” Doojoon said as he glared at Junhyung, and so did Junhyung, he stared back at him. “Right, ____-ah??” he said, asked you to played along. You knew he didn’t want you to be hurt anymore so he did that. He wanted to protect you. But you couldn’t be so selfish, you didn’t want to be selfish. You wee about to answered him but he cut you off. “You want to watch this movie too? You could take our ticket” he suggested, you looked at him didn’t believe.

“Nae oppa, we will watch this movie too, but really? I wish ____-ah feel good today, so we can have double date, but…”

“No, I’m good, I’m soo good, let’s watch this movie!” you said, pretend that your okay. You could feel Doojoon and Junhyung shot a death glare to you.

“whooaaa! Let’s go!” Hara said excitedly. Junhyung just kept quiet as he stared at you. They walked first. Doojoon grabbed your wrist when you were about to go after them, looked at you worriedly.

“what are you doing?” he asked you quietly.

”I’ll be fine, I have you, right?” you comforted him.

You didn’t want to be the one who selfish. *It’s my first move to move on* you said to your self, hoped you could be strong.

Junhyung and Hara walked in front of you, she linked her arm to his arms. You wanted to ran away badly, but you couldn’t ran again.

*You have to face this, _____ah!* you said to yourself.

(un)Fortunately, the four of you sat in the same line. You and hara in the middle, meanwhile, Doojoon sat beside you and Junhyung, of course, I didn’t have to explained it, right?

The movie is started, you tried to focused but you couldn’t. Though it’s dark You could see by the corner of your eyes, she linked her arms and lean his head to Junhyung’s arms while she’s whispered something to junhyung. Junhyung didn’t say a word. He just stared at the screen. Suddenly Doojoon held your hands, you smiled at him, weakly. It should be only two hours long, but it feels like a year.

Here you go, the worst part. The movie went to kissing scene, you could see the actor kissing the girl passionately. You couldn’t help but took a glance of them, and you could see they’re busy doing something. Yea, they’re kissing, once again you saw them kissing with your own eyes. Took a deep breath, you  closed your eyes, tried to erase what you just saw. Doojoon knew it too, he held your hands tighter made you turned to him.

“Do you want to go home?” 


 

Whooaaah, i can't help my self to update it kekekeke 

keep telling me what you think, nae? thank you for reading and subscribbing *bow*