Chapter 27

I Am A Man

*he should be there, he must be there* you said in your heart. Smiling while running like an idiot. The building wasn’t that far from the restaurant and your place. After several minutes you reached a familiar building, you ran inside as you bow to the guards. In front of a door with a round glass on it, you could see Yoseob and Dongwoon through it. They had done practiced. You opened the door harshly made their eyes on you.

“Doojoon?” you said as you panting. Trying to catch oxygen as much as you can. Their eyes widened, had no idea looking on your state. Panting, sweating and wet, by rain and sweats. Your eyes scanned all of the room, you couldn’t find him. He’s not here. There’s only Yoseob, Dongwoon, Kikwang, Hyunseung and some dancers. “Doojoon?” you repeated your words.

“Hyu…Hyung is not here” Dongwoon stuttered, answered your question as made a way to reach you.

“Where?” you asked shortly, still panting.

“Home, maybe?” Dongwoon answered you.

 “Are you running?” Yoseob asked you concerned.

“What’s goin on?” Kikwang asked.

“Drink this first,” Hyunseung handed you a mineral water.

“..hank yuh..” you said between panting. “I have to go, bye” you said as you ran out of the building.

“It’s weird, Junhyung’s face were bruised and he didn’t tell us why, he and Doojoon hyung glaring each other all the days and now ____-ah running like crazy” Dongwoon said as he nodded his head with his hand supported his chin.

“What’s goin on with them?” Kikwang blurted.

Yoseob and Hyunseung sigh. “Love” they said in unison, Dongwoon and Kikwang nodded his head.

***

Got out off the taxi, made your steps inside the building and immediately searched for a door. After arranged your breath, you knocked it without a doubt. But you could feel your heart beat so fast waiting for his answer. No answer. It made your heart beat faster, you knocked it again. Still, no answer. Your so-fast-heart-beat turned to a frowned in your face. Lifted your head, you saw the light, it’s dim. You let out a deep sigh.

*Babo! You should saw the light first before you knock it!” you mumbled to your self.  *Phone! Call him, call him* you smiled as the idea popped up in your mind. You took your phone and dialed his number. Your heart beat so fast for the nth times. No answer, his phone was off.

*May be I should wait him here, yeah, wait him here* you nodded your head as you thougt of it. You decided to wait for him in front of his door. You leaned your back on his door, little bit shivering because of your wet clothes, folded your knees to your chest and put your head on it. hoping that he would come home soon. *I have to say that I love him, before it’s too late* you mumbled to yourself. Seconds changed to minutes, minutes turned to hours, you’re fallen asleep in front of his door. Your phone beeped, woken you up.

1 message received.

You opened your eyes slowly, blinded by it’s light, you closed your eyes slightly but wide enough to read the message. Junhyung. *Junhyung? What does he want?* you thought hard. You read his message.

From: Yong Pabo

It’s cold here.

*! I almost forget him!* you cursed. *Don’t tell me you really wait for me there* you muttered.. Checked the time by your phone, it’s almost midnight. You couldn’t believe he’d wait for you in this weather till this hour. You were about to leave but you stopped and turned to the door you was leaned on. The light was still dim, Doojoon wasn’t home yet. You’d really want to stay and wait him, but you couldn’t let Junhyung wait for you out there. He could get a cold. You looked at the his door once again before off to where Juhyung was.

***

No longer rain, but still drizzle. It’s so cold. Scanned the park for a while, you finally found him. Sat on the bench near the basketball field. That’s the place you and Junhyung met for the first time five years ago. You could see that he’s shivering holding an umbrella, his other hand were holding his bodyt, trying to get warm as you walked closer. His clotes were wet. You were behind him, your heart ache seeing him like this. You felt guilty because you didn’t come earlier and let him waiting you out here. He didn’t realize your presence. He was busy made himself warmer.

“Why don’t you go home?” you said as you sat on the other edge of the bench without looking at him.

“You come?” he turned his head to you, surprised, he gave you a weak smile. Looked like he has spent all of his energy to fight the cold.

“What if I don’t want to come, will you…” you said

“…then I’ll wait until you want to” he cut you off. Made you silent, you know how stubborn he is.

“What do you want to…?” you asked as you looked away, couldn’t bare to see him in this kind of state.

He chuckled, cutting you off. “Do you remember the first time we met? It was midnight and drizzle too,” you stared at him, didn’t understand what he’s trying to say. “…you were cursing here and there while trying to throw the ball to the basket but you always ended failed” his eyes were locked on the ground “…and cursing me also for something I don’t even know, lately I know it’s just because your friend said that you…” he chuckled again. But stopped talking because of you shot him a glare. You’re always angry remembering that time.  Your friends called you ugly duckling, just because you didn’t put make up on your face, didn’t wear highheels like them and playing basketball with boys. They also said that you’d never have a boyfriend, because boys only love feminine girls. Their words hurt your heart and made you hate your own self. Fortunately you met him that night, you and him became bestfriend, and he slowly helped you to love yourself for the way you are.

“You’re beautiful the way you are” he suddenly said, made you blush. He still have that ability, the ability to make you blush.

“And you…you were about to cry because of your ex leave you” you said change the topic.

“I wasn’t crying…”

“Yeah, yeah, not crying but almost…” you .

“My eyes were wet because of drizzle that night..” he said. That night the broken-hearted Junhyung wandering alone in the park at the midnight. His ex cheated on him. He walked closer to the basketball field as he heard someone cursing and “Dang” sound. And he was being cursed by a girl as he reached the basketball field. The girl was you.

Both of you chuckled remembering that moment, forgot about what’s goin on between you. But awkward silent came after that.

“I broke up with her” he said suddenly.

“Mwo?” you gave him are-you-kidding-me face. “With hara?” he nodded slightly. “Is it because of…me?” hesitantly you asked him.

“I thought I could erase you by loving her. But I’m wrong.”

Your eyes widened. “How..could you...how could you do that to someone who loves you? Aish babo!” you yelled at him.

“So..? do you think I should stay in her side and pretend that I love her?” he stared at you, your eyes met. “It will hurting her more and hurt my self.”

You throw your sight away. Didn’t understand with him. How could he being so selfish. Guilty and anger hit your heart. They shut off your mouth. What Junhyung said is right.

“Do you…really love him now?” he asked, broke the silent. You stared at him, didn’t know what to say. You nodded slowly. He gave you a bitter smile. He throw his sight to the ground

“Junhyung …I…”

“Do you really love him?” he repeated his question.

You looked at somewhere else before answering his question. Didn’t know whether your answer would hurt him or not. You nodded your head slowly as a smile formed on your face.

“Yeah. He made me falling for him, magically. He…” you didn’t finished your sentences. You stared at him who was staring at you. Scanned his expression to know his respond. You didn’t find it,  his expression, his eyes, you couldn’t read it. You frowned.

“Nooo…don’t worry, don’t feel bad about me, I accept it.” he said. “But…promise me. You have to fight for your love this time. Don’t burry it in your heart. be happy, can you?” tears rolled down from your eyes as you tried to smile and nodded your heart.

“Yah! Why are you crying? Silly!”he spread his arms, you came to his arms quickly. “..if you don’t happy, I’ll take you back” you chuckled as you hit his chest lightly.

“I’m sorry Junhyung-ah”

“you know? I have loved the good man”

He nodded his head “..but not in the good time.I’m just too late”

“Your own fault!” you let go off him and sticked your tongue out. He chuckled bitterly.

“May I walked you home?” you nodded happily. You didn’t lose your bestfriend, though you have hurt him.

***

Doojoon’s Side

He saw Junhyung that day, his face bruised. He didn’t bother to ask why, image of you and him still made his heart burnt in jealousy. Doojoon and Junhyung was glaring each other along the practice, gave the room bad aura. Doojoon couldn’t focus his mind, made him make some wrong moves.

“What’s goin on with you Doojoon? Focus your mind!” the coreographer scolded him.

“huh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry” he bowed as he tried to focus his mind. He couldn’t stop thinking of you and Junhyung. He couldn’t even sleep because of it.

“Junhyung! Put your attention!” the coreographer scolded Junhyung this time. Wake Doojoon from his mind. They practiced again and again for several times. “End! Thank you everyone” the coreographer said, beast and dancers cheered. “Focus, you two, focus!” he said pointing at Doojoon and Junhyung, they only nodded his head. Junhyung and Doojoon shot a glare to each other, made the other members asking why.

“Yah…what’s goin on with you two?” Kikwang asked.

“Why Hyung glaring each other?” Dongwoon blurted out. But none answered. Doojoon made his way out without words, so did Junhyung. Left them dumfounded.

***

There he was. He’s there, in his car that was parked near somewhere near Han River. Didn’t do anything but stared absent-mindedly. He already missed you but what he saw last night made him think again to call you, he turned off his phone instead. Half jealousy, half didn’t want to burden you with his feeling. He didn’t want to make you feel you have to love him back. He wanted you to love him back because you want to not because you have to. He ruffled his hair. Didn’t know what he should do.

*What’s goin on with Junhyung and ____-ah, last night? Did ____-ah beat him up? No, it won’t be*

*ahh, Junhyung got beaten up from the club and _____ah helped him.* his mind took a conclusion.

*Yah, you Yoon Doojoon Babo! This jealousy have closed my eyes*

*I shouldn’t avoiding her, i’m feeling so selfish now, aishh…*

*Does she call me today?* he wondering as he stared at his phone. He turn it on. Nothing. No message from you. he turn it off again. Let out a deep sigh he leaned his head on his seat and closed his eyed.

*I should meet her now, but it’s almost midnight, she must be sleep* he opened his eyes slowly *I need to see her now* he said to him self as he drove to your place.


Whooaaaaaa! you made me confused how should i continue this story, but i grant your wish, she run to Doojoon hahaha :p

sorry for this boring update, i wonder what will be happened next. Please enjoy! *bow*