Chapter 44

I Am A Man

“Hyung, papa Hong asked you to come to his office now” Dongwoon said as he opened the practice room’s door.

“Which hyung?” Kikwang asked while all his hyungs eyes laid on him.

“A..I mean Doojoon hyung” he rubbed his back of his neck, realizing that his mistake. Doojoon nodded as he throw the towel to his bag and left to CEO’s office.

“What now?”

“I wish he doesn’t ask him to do something stupid anymore” Yoseob said answering Kikwang question. The rest of the boys but Junhyung nodded in agreement.

***

Meanwhile

Junhyung haven’t called you since that night, and you have no nerves to call him first. It’s been days without Ji Eun, she even not allowed you to come to the airport. Seungho was busy on his own bussiness. And you, you were busy tried hard to be okay. Just to be okay. Doojoon, he called and texted you everyday, but you just ignored him, though you really wanted to see him and talked to him, thought of you have hurt Junhyung made you ignored him.

The cold night wind blew, made you shivered a bit. You were sitting alone in a park bench, the park was empty,only few people who walked pass by. Yeah, people would choose a warm room than a cold park, right? thought of what’s goin on on your life made your home no longer comfort place.

Someone sitting on the opposite edge of the bench. You didn’t pay attention but from the corner of your eyes, you knew that someone is woman.

“Stay away from him” she said suddenly, made you turned your head to her. Little bit surprised but then you chuckled.

“him who? Your boyfriend? aw..sorry, do you mean your fake boyfriend?” you say sarcastically.

You could see her annoyed with your words. She threw an envelope, it landed near you. “Open” she commanded. You took it and opened slowly. Your eyes wider while you saw what’s there inside the envelope. You could hear her chuckled. “You don’t want to ruin his image right? you better stay away from him, he’s mine” she smirked.”See you, ____-ah” she smiled cutely like nothing’s happened and left.

***

In the practice room

He opened it’s door slowly. No light on his face, he walked weakly like he lost all his energy. The boys stopped dancing immediately, they walked towards him and stared  him worriedly, but Junhyung. He just sat at the corner of the room, glaring at Doojoon.

“w-what’s goin on Doojoon-ah?” Yoseob asked in worried tone, but Doojoon only looked at him.

“What does CEO say?” Kikwang asked impatiently.

“hyung, what’s with that face?” Dongwoon asked this time.

“He didn’t ask you to marry her, right?” Kikwang said his assumption, made everyone glared at him before taking back their eyes on Doojoon, waiting his answer. Doojoon back-facing them, made them more worry. He turned around facing them again, slowly a smile formed on his face. They boys were looking at him confusedly.

“I’m free” the smile on his face getting wider and wider. Yoseob and Kikwang tilted their head, tried hard to understand what the leader mean. Dongwoon and Hyunseung looked each other. Their eyes widen and their mouth opened slowly as they got what Doojoon said. Junhyung let out a slight chuckled and looked away.

Earlier In the CEO office                                                                                   

He knocked on the door slowly. “Come”

“You called me Sajangnim?” he said emotionlessly toward the CEO table. Papa Hong stared at him for a while and let out a frustrated sigh before asked him to sit.

“What’s this?” he threw some picture at the Doojoon’s table side. Doojoon gave him a questioning looked. Papa hong motioned him to check it. He laid his eyes on that pictures, that’s pictures when he got you piggy-back ride at the night you fell, his deepest heart smiling as he saw  that pictures both of you smiling happily, but his mind took him back to reality quickly. “You love her?” CEO asked him again. Doojoon looked on the ground, his fists were clenching before he liftes his head and stared at the CEO’s eye and nodded.

“Both of you dating?”

“Almost” Doojoon answered. CEO stared at him questioningly. “i..i were about to ask her but..”

“Why don’t you tell me earlier?” CEO cut him, knew what he’s gonna say.

“because i choose Beast” Doojoon said made CEO chuckled.

“do you regret it?” this question made no words could come from his mouth. Doojoon looked at the ground, didn’t know what to answer. *Yes, i did regret it* he answered CEO in his heart.

”You shouldn’t did that” doojoon lifted his head immediately “Just say that you couldn’t do this, just say you have love someone,” CEO words made him confused even more. “I won’t insist you if you said you love _____-ah, babo” CEO smiled at him.

“but i thought that..”

“i know, you’ll sacrifice yourself for beast, but for this one, i can’t agree with your thought” a smile slowly formed on Doojoon’s tought. “what? Do you think i’m kind of a man that would insist you to leave someone you love for this bussiness? I’m not that evil, Doojoon” CEO leaned his back on his seat “Beside, actually i do believe on you guys can do things perfectly...i do believe the boys won’t be agree with you too. I shouldn’t ask you to do that, i’m sorry Doojoon’ah”

“if only you said it to me earlier, i would find another strategy. You made me looked bad in ____’s eyes, Doojoon” CEO chuckled. “that girl, she’s tough. Forgive me, i’ll handle this issue, i’m gonna end it soon, just gimme a little time”  

Doojoon only sat there with eyes staring at CEO disbelief.  “Why are you still here? Go...go tell her this was all fake”

“a-are...you serious Sajangnim? You’re not angry?”

“Do i look like i’m kidding now? I don’t want my child drunk  and called out a girl name over and over saying that he loves her.” CEO said as he chuckled at shy Doojoon. “Go now, before i change my mind” Doojoon smiled widely.

“Thank you Sajangnim, thank you” he said as he ran to the door.

“Doojoon....at first i thought she loves Junhyung, but i know now, she loves you. Say my hello and sorry for her” smile in Doojoon’s face getting wider. He nodded and left.

“Whooaaa.....” the boys cheered, wide smile was plastered in their face but the one on the corner.

“So why you’re still here? Go, palli, go!” Yoseob commanded, Kikwang and Dongwoon nodded their head in unison. Hyunseung smiled at Doojoon before looked at Junhyung’s side. Doojoon followed his eyes, they boys too, they looked at Junhyung. Doojoon stared at him as he asked a permission. Junhyung looked away before looking at the boys begging face, and motion Doojoon to go on.

“Thank you, Junhyung-ah” Doojoon said, Junhyung nodded and smiled slightly. *I hope you’ll be happy ____-ah* Junhyung said in his heart, accepting facts that he’s the one who could make you smile. Suddenly he felt something bumped on him, Yoseob already hugged him tightly then Kikwang and Dongwoon joined him to hug him.

“You’re really a man Junhyung-ah” Yoseob said happyly.

“Hyung, you’re the best. Doojoon hyung, hurry go, i’ll hold Junhyung hyung tight” Dongwoon added. Kikwang only nodded his head repeteadly as he tighten the group hug.

“Yah-yah-yah...le-let e-me- go” Junhyung struggled. Hyunseung laughed at the member behavior and motion Doojoon to go now. He drove straight to your home.

***

“I sent it to CUBE” a guy said

“hmm..i’m sure the CEO having his words with him”

“you’ve done your part?”

“perfectly..” that guy nodded slightly and looked at the other way, something was bothering his mind.

“Why? Don’t you say you regret this” the guy shook his head, “Good, then”

***

You were about to get inside your apartment main door when someone called your name. “_____-ah” he called between panting like he just ran for a miles. Closing his car door quickly he ran to you. He stared at you as he catch his breath. Happines inside his heart made him hard to breath. His heart thumping so hard like it’s gonna explode because of happiness. He’s smiling widely.

Before you said a word he pulled you into his embrace, you’re surprised at what he did but didn’t push him away. Closing your eyes you inhaled his scent as you tried to remember the taste of his embrace. Because may be you wouldn’t feel it anymore. *Don’t let me go Doojoon, stay..stay longer* you said repeteadly on your heart. Wishing time would stopped.

He pulled you out of his embrace and stared at your eyes. Wide smile was plastering in his face, you stared every part of his face, afraid that you wouldn’t get a chance to see him this close. You were lost at what you stared at. His hands were on your shoulders, he took a deep breath before opening his mouth, saying words you’ve been longing for. “be my girl” he said, made you came back down to earth. Smile in his face getting wider and you could see his cheeks turned to pink. Your heart was screaming saying yes but what’s goin on earlier insist you to do the opposite.

He stared at you as he waiting for your answe. “____-ah?” he called your name, you stared at him, “What you say?” he’s anticipating your answer.

You chuckled. “What are you saying? Are you crazy?” you hissed his shoulders and turned around. Wide smile in his face turned to a frown immediately. You could see a questioning and sad look turned to one. You couldn’t help it to see his face when you said that and about to walk away.

“But why? You knew that it’s fake, right? i love you” you stopped and turned around to face him again.

“so what? Do you think i will get back with you after what you’ve done?” you chuckled and stared at his disbelief face. “where’s your heart Doojoon-ah?” you’re about to get inside your apartment again but he grabbed your wrist made you face him.

“Someone asked you to do this?” he said firmly.

“My self did” you and him stared at each other. You hold your tears and tried not to break the stare, because if you did, he’d know you’re lying.

“Do you love me?”

“If i say no, will you let me go?” he didn’t answer you. “No, no more” you said as you hissed his grip, made him dumbfounded. Then you saw a familiar figure behind Doojoon. *I’m sorry, Doojoon*

“Ohh...Seungho, you’ve come? Come, i’ve been waiting for you” you could see Seungho confused at what you said because he didn’t tell you he’ll come before. You asked him to play along with your eyes. You walked pass by Doojoon and hold Seungho’s hand. “I’m sorry Doojoon-ah, if you have nothing else to say, i’d like to excuse my self.” With that you get inside with Seungho. Doojoon only stared at you and Seungho hand in hand as he clenched his fist.

***

You let go Seungho’s hand as you sure Doojoon couldn’t see you and him anymore. Seungho looked at you wondered. “W-what’s goin on actually ____-ah?” he asked.

“Nothing,” you smiled “A..what bring you here, Seungho?”

“Mm...i have promised Ji Eun to take care of you, it’s been a while i didn’t see you, sorry...”

“Ahh..aniyo, i’m okay, i’m not a child anymore Seungho” Seungho only nodded playfully at what you said.

Both of you were sitting in the couch, your eyes were on the tv but not your mind and seungho knew it. “Really ____-ah, what’s going on withh you and Doojoon? Aren’t you getting closer again since you...”

“Can’t we talk something else?” you begged, Seungho nodded “So...how’s your girlfriend?” you changed the topic.

“She’s not fine.”

“uu...why? she’s sick? Argh...you should stay by her side now, why did you come here? Aish...”

Seungho smiled at you “Not like that, she’s sad now, i did bad things to her” he let out a sigh. You hit his head with the pillow.

“Yaaah! What the  hell are you doing? You shouldn’t not hurt your girlfriend’s feeling, you have to take care of her if you love her! you should make her happy!” you lectured him.

“You aren’t saying your wish, are you?” he made you quiet. *i’m not even his girlfriend* He just chuckled as he patted your head.

“go to her now, say sorry...palli, before it’s too late” you pushed him to the door. Didn’t mean to be rude or something you really want to spend your time alone and he just gave you a reason to make him go. Seungho took a glance at the envelope that came out from your bag because you threw it earlier on the table. He could see the picture of you and Doojoon.

***

Doojoon were in front of the familiar door. He dialed the code number and the door opened. He walked weakly to the owner of the house who was laying on his comfortable couch with a beer in his hand. Doojoon fell his body beside him.

“What she said?”

Doojoon shook his head as he smiled bitterly “She left me with that stranger” Doojoon said, grabbed beer in Junhyung’s hand. Junhyung turned his head towards Doojoon disbelief.

“Seungho? How could...” Doojoon told him what’s goin on.

“Ahh what’s goin on with her? she loves you...i knew it”

Doojoon chuckled “Thank you for telling me words i want to hear Junhyung-ah” he took a sip of his beer “My heart told me so, i’m sure she still love me”

“She rejected me” Junhyung said bitterly, opened a can of beer. Doojoon turned his head, listening to Junhyung’s story “...and the reason is you, she even asked me not to hate you for what you have done to her”

“I’m fine, and i will be fine as long as her happy,  her eyes spark when she’s with you” he drank his beer.

 “i don’t know what to do now Junhyung-ah”

“Must be there’s someone who asked her to”

“Do you think the same?”


their time never right eh, hahaha, i put much drama on this story huhu, please forgive me :p