Chapter 37

I Am A Man

You were staring at your phone, it showed the picture of you and him that Taehyun took at the photo shoot day. You stared it blankly.

“I can tell by his eyes that he loves you”

That’s message came along with the photo. He’s not the only one who said that, even your heart told you that he does. But all things you saw now, he’s dating another girl, showing that they’re in love. And you, you only could staring at the “accident picture” of you and him. *what a pathetic* you mumbled to your self.


“Let’s talk” he said simply as he grabbed your left arm when you’re about to get in on your car.

“I think there’s nothing we need to talk about, Doojoon” you said as you hissed his grip, but it only made it stronger.

“Give me a chan…”

“Sorry, Doojoon, I need to go now” you said as you got in your car. You couldn’t held it longer, you needed to go or your tears would roll down, and you didn’t want him to see it.


You sat on the sand, it felt so soft on your bare foot. The waves, it sounded so peace in your ears, no sunset, the sky was all grey, but it’s beautiful enough for you. You were on a beach, once you ever ran away with him. You decided to give him a chance to talk. It’s not fair if you didn’t. You took a sip of your orange juice.

“It’s better for you than that beer the last time we...” a familiar voice greeted your ears. It was your favourite sound, but it only brought you pain in the moment.

‘None will take me home this time..” you held you breath for a while, trying to make your voice didn’t sound broke. “..so I don’t drink that”. Your eyes straight to the sea but you could see a bitter smile was formed in his face as he sat beside you. Both of you only sat there quietly. No words. You have a bunch of things you wanted to say but nothing came out from your mouth.

“Do you ever love me?” he said, broke the silent.

You let out a chuckled “Is it important?”

“Do you still love me?” he asked again. You turned your face on him, little bit angry he asked those things after asked you to forget it.

Pain filling your chest again as you held your breath, you could feel your eyes started to be hot. “I can’t remember it, I have forgot it…just like you told me to” you lift your head tried to held back your tears. But it’s such a waste, tears rolled down to your cheek slowly.

He only sat there and staring at you. He didn’t comfort you or say something, he remained silent and staring at you. He really wanted to hug you and wiped your tears badly, but guilty tied his hands tightly.

“I’m sorry” he said

You wiped your tears. “No, I’m sorry…” you said, almost whispered. Let out a deep sigh, you said “I, i shouldn't be like this.. I’m fine. Don’t feel bad, just…live happily, treat her well, okay?” tears rolled down again, you wiped it quickly. “Let’s go back..back to the time when we’re just friend of a friend” you said, your voice were trembled, you looked away. He still didn’t say something, he only stared at you.

“I have to go,” you said as you stand up, “Bye, doojoon.” You ran to your car immediately as you said goodbye. Saying goodbye to the one that you love is painful. Love is painful.

***

“Again?” Ji Eun said as she sat on your desk?

“huh, what?”

“You..”

“me?”

“yes, you”

“me, what?”

“You’re spacing out again”

“huh, really? Um..so-sorry”

“Don’t sorry me, sorry your self.” She took a deep breath before saying. “Even when Junhyung’s dating you weren’t like this” she blurted out.

*because, he was there, with me* your mind took you to Doojoon, again. It’s been a while since that meeting. It didn’t even made you feel better, you missed him more and more day by day. You missed your bestfriend too, they were busy doing a promotion in Japan.

“Aish, forget it,” she said knowing what she said made you remembered him again. When you fall in love or broken heart even the oxygen would remind you of him, just in case when you were broken heart, it tasted like pain.

“You, come with me later. After work.” She commanded.

“I want to go home straight…”

She shooked her head “No. You have come with me” with that she went back to her desk.

***

“What do we do here actually, Ji Eun-ah?”

“You’ll see” she said simply. You and Ji Eun were in airport. You followed Ji Eun as you looking around. You dind’t hate this place, you just don’t like it. it’s a place where tears and hopes, hello and goodbye, pain and happiness turned to one. This place’s full of emotion.

“Oppa!” Ji Eun yelled, made you came back to the reality. Your eyes followed for who she yelled for. You saw a dark brown haired guy with chubby cheeks and have a slit on his bottom lips hugged her.

“Aye, baby. I’ve been waiting 30 minutes” he patted her head as she wrapped her arms at his body.

*really, i don't want to see this kind of scene* you mumbled, searching something to set your eyes on till they finally realized you were there.

“Ahh…oppa, this is ____” Ji Eun introduced you to him.

You bowed slightly. “Annyeong, I’m…”

“____? I know, Ji eun talked a lot about you” he said as he smiled warmly at you.

“huh? Really? Uh…” you didn’t know what to do, but blushing.

“Aish…stop it, do it later, let’s go” Ji Eun’s right arm grabbed you while the left grabbed him.

***

They talked to each other, talked about something you didn’t know, you didn’t even paying attention to. You were drowning on your own mind.

“____, do you want to eat something?” he asked you, but you didn’t answer “____-ah?”

“Oh God, she’s spacing out again. ____-ah?” Ji Eun waves her hands in front of your face.

“Huh? Yes?”

“Oppa asked you, do you want to eat?”

“Mmm…No, I want to go home, better you and your boyfriend have dinner for two and…” before you could finish your words, they burst in a hard laugh. You have no idea what’s funny “w-what’s funny?”

“You, you’re so funny” he said between his laugh.

Ji eun wiped her tears in the corner of her eyes “He’s not my boyfriend ____-ah, he’s my brother, cousin exactly, he just came back from Japan” She continued laughing.

“But…he called you baby” you still didn’t understand.

“Is it wrong to call my cousin, baby, ____-ah?” his laugh turned to smile this time.

“A-aniyo…” you couldn’t help but blushing hard, embarrasing because of your wrong assumption. *Aish, babo, it’s embarrassing*

“Oppa…drop me there” Ji Eun suddenly said, you gave her a-what face.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to meet my “boyfriend”, oppa” she said, looking at you when she said that “boyfriend” part.

“What are..” you mouthed, but she just ignored you.

“Take her home safely, oppa!” he gave her an okay sign. “Bye ____-ah” she said playfully.

On the way to your home, he talked about him self and asked some things about you, much enough telling you jokes sometimes, made you comfort enough with someone who just knew for few hours. You found that he’s so friendly and funny.

***

“Yeah, we’re arrived” he cheered as you reach your home, made you chuckled.

“Thank you,” you said as you closed the door. “No, you don’t need to, I can..” you said when you saw him about to got out of the car.

“I’m out already, so let me walked you home” he said, “instead, I’m not someone’s boyfriend” made you embarrased again.

 “here we are” you said when both of you reached your door. There’s an awkward silent because he didn’t say good bye. “umm…do you want to…come in? aaa…cup of hot chocolate, maybe, or tea? you doubtly asked him.

His face lift up as he heard your offer. “Tea? I’d love to” a wide smile plastered on his face.

“Ahaha, you look like a child” you chuckled as you unlocked the door and gestured him to walk in first.

He was on the couch when you’re making him a cup of tea, but you found him standing on the balcony, eyeing the flower you planted with Dongwoon.

“My children, they’re beautiful, aren’t they?” you said, surprised him.

“Children?”

“Me and Dongwoon raised them” you chuckled. Moments you planted them with Dongwoon flashed on your memory.

“Your boyfriend?”

You nodded your head “uh-um, he’s a boy and he’s my friend, Dongwoon is my boy-friend” he laughed hearing what you said.

“So…I’m your boyfriend?”

“Ummm….i’ll think about it first” you sticked out your tongue to him, both of you laughed. Suddenly, sound of a door opened was heard, both of you turned your head to the door to see who’s coming.

“You live with your friend?” he asked. You shooked your head.

*Who is it? it’s shouldn’t be Junhyung, right? He’s in Japan now* you wondered. Your eyes widened, smile formed on your face. This is the first time you felt happy lately. “Yooooong??” you walked to him and hugged him tightly. You missed your bestfriend so much. He’s the only place you could lean on.

“Yah! How many times I should tell you, don’t call me th…” he nagged. He didn’t like it when you call him with that name.

“I miss you” you mumbled as you burried your face on his shoulder.

“I miss you too. I miss you much” he said, hugged you tighter.

“Do you bring something for me?” you let him go.

“Yaah…that’s the reason you miss me?” he nagged again. You always smile when he’s nagging like ahjumma. “I ha…who is he?” he said coldly as he glared to the man who’s in the balcony. You followed his gaze. You remembered that you had a guess. He’s smiling at the both of you.

“Ahh…, come. I’ll introduce you,” you grabbed him to the balcony “Junhyung, this is……”


Uwaaaa....finally i post it. hahaha.

New character hehe, i thought i won't use another character, but i do need.  dark brown haired, chubby cheeks, a slit on his bottom lips, he usually get his hair blonde, but i like him when it's dark brown. :p 

So, guess, who's that guy? :p